Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• dskenyondskenyon Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Cherryrose_x said:
    > Has anyone tried the kids new aspirations?
    >
    > I can't seem to get the 'Go 12 hours without a negative need moodlet' to work. Like I have micromanaged her for a couple sim days now and none of them have even sunk to amber... She has had other negatives as she is hot headed, but as it is specifically said NEED surely that shouldn't impact it?

I have been scouring online to see if there is a trick to this. I have done it for DAYS! And my little girl can't get it to unlock. I know Achievements are NOT aspirations, but boy oh boy does this feel like the TV/Radio channels achievement all over again. I don't know what is keeping it from registering. Is it the traits she has from the Rewards Store? Is leaving the lot for school in the way? Is she not allowed to sleep? I don't know. I'm gonna try keeping her up for 12 hours and see if that works. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone... ANYONE... has figured this out. lol
  • AspectsOfSelfAspectsOfSelf Posts: 1 New Member
    I think mine has a glitch. I cannot get my infant to eat baby food/finger food. My sim does the whole waving hands thing and the "I can't walk there" thought bubble once the infant is in the highchair and I try to feed her. I can't be stuck with an infant the whole game. Doesn't sound like a good time.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    There is so much wrong with this latest patch and pack that for me it is unplayable. I had to fully disable mods and scripts, just to get it to show in the world view screen, restarted the game with mods and scripts enabled again and Growing Together was gone again.
    Lost months of games and all faith in EA\Maxis has gone.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    dskenyon wrote: »
    > @Cherryrose_x said:
    > Has anyone tried the kids new aspirations?
    >
    > I can't seem to get the 'Go 12 hours without a negative need moodlet' to work. Like I have micromanaged her for a couple sim days now and none of them have even sunk to amber... She has had other negatives as she is hot headed, but as it is specifically said NEED surely that shouldn't impact it?

I have been scouring online to see if there is a trick to this. I have done it for DAYS! And my little girl can't get it to unlock. I know Achievements are NOT aspirations, but boy oh boy does this feel like the TV/Radio channels achievement all over again. I don't know what is keeping it from registering. Is it the traits she has from the Rewards Store? Is leaving the lot for school in the way? Is she not allowed to sleep? I don't know. I'm gonna try keeping her up for 12 hours and see if that works. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone... ANYONE... has figured this out. lol

I didn't figure it out... I ended up cheated (which I hate doing!) but I wanted her to get that completed before she aged up and she was holding up my whole save! Now I can rotate through and enjoy some infants!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @Cherryrose_x challenge accepted lol.

After reading through all your problems, I just gotta try this one out! I'll come back in a few days and let ya know if I managed it. Shame you had to end up cheating after all your hard work.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    @elanorbreton please let me know how you get on!

I was starting to wonder if it was 12 real life hours! :D Be interesting to see what, if anything I was doing wrong though.. I think some other moodlets must affect it by mistake. :/ Mine had nothing linked specfically with any bad needs for like a whole sim week! That is some kind of record for me lol!!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    We get stuck with similar houses while the team go out of their way to build pretty shells. As usual, I deleted all pre-mades. Last night I was checking the houses to move one of my households. At one point I said "did I check this one already?" I don't care about "simfluencer X helped us build lots !11" This trend of empty worlds filled with unique houses sims can't live in has to stop.

Now that I got that out of the way :D. I'm not surprised the game doesn't seem to take Parenthood into consideration. On Thursday, I had pop-ups suggestion a strict family dynamic in 2 different households when my sims have a "Daddy's Dearest" in the relationship panel.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    There is so much wrong with this latest patch and pack that for me it is unplayable. I had to fully disable mods and scripts, just to get it to show in the world view screen, restarted the game with mods and scripts enabled again and Growing Together was gone again.
    Lost months of games and all faith in EA\Maxis has gone.

Every mod is broken after this pack. EA does not officially support mods so the pack or update has nothing to do with that. I suggest you take all mods out and add them back one by one ONLY after you have confirmation that they are updated. And even then mods are subject to cause problems and glitches.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    No issue with GT as of yet but sims keep walking into my home and using the computer and they won't leave and it's driving me insane. I don't want to lock the doors.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    No issue with GT as of yet but sims keep walking into my home and using the computer and they won't leave and it's driving me insane. I don't want to lock the doors.

Can you not just lock the computer? That has helped me a lot.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2023
    So as much as I'm enjoying this pack....I can't help but be a little disappointed in the milestone mechanic. Why was this just milestones? Why couldn't it be a full blown memory system? My sims basically only remember their firsts for everything. I just had a sim get back from the hospital after delivering their second child and...no milestone update at all. Under the "had a baby" milestone, it still only lists her first child.

I also noticed the same thing happened with job promotions and making friends. So what other important things are gonna get left out just because they weren't the first? Will this not document a sim's second time falling in love? A second wedding? What about negative memories? Is there anything for that? I'm glad this thing is here but like...so far it feels like yet another returning feature from a past game that was brought back in an inferior way.

I also just looked at the grandparents' milestones and...nothing for being a grandparent. Not even the first time.
  • Shanney139Shanney139 Posts: 58 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The only thing I'm worried about right now is it seems some of these features that deepen relationship compatibility is exclusive to the pack and not a base game update. But I'll wait and see on that one.

I am so glad that is the case as I have not bought the pack and after reading this thread I don't think I am going to either.....
    03-18-23_11-15-03_AM.png?width=1123&height=586

Has anyone else had this issue with the new photo frames? No matter what I do, my sims' pictures won't fit in them.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    03-18-23_11-15-03_AM.png?width=1123&height=586

Has anyone else had this issue with the new photo frames? No matter what I do, my sims' pictures won't fit in them.

That is an issue only certain photos fit. Like the smallest ones. But several ones that seem like they should don't.

My problem now, I Can't take photos of my Infant. Like at all. If I try taking a photo of them directly it won't work. If I try with them and someone else they put the infant down, or in the crib. I'm stressed, I wanted baby photos.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    edited March 2023
    LSM36 wrote: »
    That is an issue only certain photos fit. Like the smallest ones. But several ones that seem like they should don't.

That was the smallest one :#

So what? Medium and large photos go in there?
  • that1chickthat1chick Posts: 15 Member
    I've been loving the pack so far, but I have noticed a few annoying things about it. The changing tables they just added are beyond annoying. If you have multiple changing stations for some reason my sims constantly go to the one furthers away from where they are. It seems to be a constant issue with the Sims 4 in general tbh. I'd have sims who would walk right past their dining table and go outside to sit at their outdoor bar to eat. Even when I click on a specific changing station they still go to the one further away. I guess the best way around this is to just have a single one. Then they can't go to the one further away lol

Regarding milestones... I kind of wish that you could see icons showing if you're missing any. I had to look them all up to see that I got them all. I liked that some would show up with little hints on how to get them, but I'm not sure how those are triggered as the outlines hinting at a milestone seem to appear randomly. I prefer milestones to memories. The memory system always got clogged up in the Sims 3 with mundane things.
    edited March 2023
    TS3 and TS4's memories are awful. TS4's milestones are...okay. TS2's memories are perfect. One of my favorite things about TS2.
  • SimminSwaySimminSway Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone else sims just disappeared after the update? Like even the base game sims which never play are gone. The names still pop up when I hover over the house but when I click to play the household nothing happens
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    So as much as I'm enjoying this pack....I can't help but be a little disappointed in the milestone mechanic. Why was this just milestones? Why couldn't it be a full blown memory system? My sims basically only remember their firsts for everything. I just had a sim get back from the hospital after delivering their second child and...no milestone update at all. Under the "had a baby" milestone, it still only lists her first child.

I also noticed the same thing happened with job promotions and making friends. So what other important things are gonna get left out just because they weren't the first? Will this not document a sim's second time falling in love? A second wedding? What about negative memories? Is there anything for that? I'm glad this thing is here but like...so far it feels like yet another returning feature from a past game that was brought back in an inferior way.

I also just looked at the grandparents' milestones and...nothing for being a grandparent. Not even the first time.

It’s not a memory system. There seems to be a few misconceptions with this pack. The pack is not sims 3 generations. The milestones is not the sims 2 memories. And to be fair to them they never said they were.

Milestones are exactly what you say, marking the first time your sim did something. It’s a sims personal achievement/trophy system more than a memory thing. It’s not an inferior feature so much as a different feature.
    edited March 2023
    You're right. It's not a whole memory system. And that's pretty much what my whole complaint boils down to. The fact that it's not. I didn't say that they said it would be. I'm just saying it should have been.

It's so similar to TS2's memory system that I'm really struggling to see what the point was in limiting it to just being milestones. It's so similar that I wouldn't even really call it a completely different feature. Because it's really not. It's almost exactly the same as TS2's memories, and serves the same basic purpose as TS2's memories. They just didn't go all the way with it. So, for me, it really does feel like a halfhearted attempt at recreating that feature. Another thing to throw into the pile of returning (or similar) features that aren't quite as good as they were in past games.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member

Look in the Life, not first milestone list and see if the second child is shown there. My Sims have had two children and both are listed in the life section of the milestones.
    edited March 2023
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Look in the Life, not first milestone list and see if the second child is shown there. My Sims have had two children and both are listed in the life section of the milestones.

Dang, I was about to be SO happy to be wrong. But alas, in the life section for me, it only lists my sim's first child. :(

Did your two children happen to be twins?

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    I was able to get the pack. While I do enjoy some things about it (that'll be for the positive thread haha) there are various things I take issue with.
    • They missed a HUGE opportunity to finally give us a bunch of rabbit holes in one shopping center near the movie theater. All of that beautiful empty shells & set dressing gone to waste, when they could've been great to give us rabbit hole bookstore/grocery/antiques.
    • Babies bottles/diapers going on the floor when you cant even use the changing table for them, its only infant/toddler.
    • there seems to be a glitch with the new kids motor aspiration- even when they stomped on the splashed pad for over a sim hour, it still didn't count. I cant finish the aspiration because of this.
    • I don't enjoy the random celebration every time a sim finds a new milestone, especially when it pans the screen over to them when I don't want it to.
    • Not a single harvestable around the world??
    • That entire green house not only being a shell, but not having any harvestables near it.

There may be more as I continue to play through, but this is what I have so far.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    We get stuck with similar houses while the team go out of their way to build pretty shells. As usual, I deleted all pre-mades. Last night I was checking the houses to move one of my households. At one point I said "did I check this one already?" I don't care about "simfluencer X helped us build lots !11" This trend of empty worlds filled with unique houses sims can't live in has to stop.

Now that I got that out of the way :D. I'm not surprised the game doesn't seem to take Parenthood into consideration. On Thursday, I had pop-ups suggestion a strict family dynamic in 2 different households when my sims have a "Daddy's Dearest" in the relationship panel.

oh yeah, my father and kid have a jokesters dynamic, but after literally disciplining them ONCE it asked "do they have a strict relationship, dynamic?" It was only once cause he made a mess like whyyyyy :(