Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play as yourself?

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I've never really had a sim self but I do have one sim that is a sort of surrogate. The only thing we have in common is our first name. In the game she does all sorts of things I wish I could here in the real world and I live those experiences vicariously.
    I've never really had a sim self but I do have one sim that is a sort of surrogate. The only thing we have in common is our first name. In the game she does all sorts of things I wish I could here in the real world and I live those experiences vicariously.

i have a fake one. i gave her opposite traits of me excpet shy.i kept that.
  • Options

my sims too. get off her your married but in his defense she started it,

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Once, for Sims 2 when I was a regular on the Boolprop forums. I didn't play with her, but she was available for others to bring into their game - and she got up to some shenanigans that way lol.
  • Options
    Once, for Sims 2 when I was a regular on the Boolprop forums. I didn't play with her, but she was available for others to bring into their game - and she got up to some shenanigans that way lol.

i played sims 2 but wasn't on the forums til 3.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    My avatar. But, when I play my Sim self, she lives in a completely different world than I do in real life.
  • Options
    pearlbh wrote: »
    My avatar. But, when I play my Sim self, she lives in a completely different world than I do in real life.

no sim really looks like me. so i made remus lupin in 3. hes a boy i'm a girl but hes my favorite. later i found out she wrote him to represent pepole with special needs . i'm epeletic.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    My avatar is my sim self that i've been playing since February 2021. My friend in Amsterdam tweaked him slightly when i went over there this month as she couldn't tell it was me!
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The only time I have created myself was to make for an avatar/PFP. I never create and play as myself because it's too immersion breaking & the joy of the Sims for me is creating new people and making varying and diverse lives for them all that I do not experience IRL.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, my most recent household which is based on my real life family sortof contains my parents sims when they were young with a much better family dynamics in the game. Also, my sim parents just had "baby me". :D I even tried to make my birthmark like mine. I did however noticed that it's not possible to have both forehead & cheek birthmark, so I just gave "baby me" the forehead birthmark. I also, slightly created their names from real life to game to protect my actual family's privacy.

FYI: The facial birthmark is called Sturge Webber Syndrome & most doctors still don't even know what that is. :o

My Own Family household is saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if anyone is interested in checking them out. Also, please let me know if you like them, they were created with love & care. <3;)
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I've never tried to create myself or anyone I know - except the occasional pet. The cat in my pic is based on my own cat, but doesn't actually look much like him at all because I'm not very good at that kind of thing :) But I play my games as a kind of fantasy/escape from reality, so I don't want to keep bumping into people I know in my imaginary worlds.
  • Options
    ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    I did, for like twice I guess? One being TS2 and the one TS4. And I didn't really enjoy it either times. I prefer experiencing new and different stories/lives, I really love making up stories.
  • Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    I did it in "The Sims" but I did not take pics of him, repeated in TS2 and I still have the very few pics that included him, it is not a faithful lookalike of me since he was more a mockery to make fun on myself than other thing, but I always was careful at the time of creating a companion for him and always took lots of pics of his companion from all saves I used him.

A pic of him and 3 of his wife in that save.
    ykhYrzb.jpg
    GIOi4b1.jpg
    DfCkl5l.jpg
    rpugV8B.jpg
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Once and only once.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    No. I spend enough time as myself in real life. Games are a mechanism for me to escape as someone/something else for a while.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I create an idealized version of myself. I’m not thin irl, so in the sims I always am. At least at first. Like myself, my sims enjoy eating and video games and not exercising. Then I also make a sims version of the characters from S. E Hinton’s novel the Outsiders. And I usually marry one of them, and have a family. I enjoy giving my sim-self the kind of life I don’t want in real life.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I just recently made a new simself of what I was over 28 year ago. So basically, my simself is a young adult. However, she has some secret abilities I wish I had. :p;)
  • Options
    Michael_PattrickMichael_Pattrick Posts: 31 Member
    I have done it before, several times. I don't find it very fun, honestly. I am much more interested in escapism in The Sims through other characters.

Last time I attempted to make myself as a Sim was during a debate amongst friends over which of us paired together would have the best looking child. :D However, while attempting to make each of us as super-accurate as possible, I grew frustrated and overwhelmed and never finished making myself (struggles of perfectionism). This was using The Sims 3 a few years ago and I have not had the desire to make a Simself since!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

I made one for The Sims 2 as a Sim to walk around town; to share on boolprop; to use as a storyteller/character. Not to play. It was fun to see her around town, though. :lol:
  • Options
    Paurod2789Paurod2789 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm playing as my sim self now. I'd like to believe I came pretty close to replicating myself physically. My mom and my bf saw my sim and immediately identified her as me. Now her attitude is where the big difference is. She's flirty and outgoing, all the attractive sim men seem to love her and she can get anyone she wants....not so much as in real life as I'm painfully shy and socially challenged. It's fine though because I avoid the drama that having multiple lovers would cause me in the real world (I'd rather my sim go through that trouble)😅. It is quite entertaining playing as you'd never be in real life however.
  • Options
    Paurod2789Paurod2789 Posts: 15 Member
    I also made a replica of my real house (as best as I could due to the sims building measurements not being so flexible). Me and my now sim husband are living in it now. Los Aniegos custom world is where we currently reside as it strikes a great resemblance to my actual hometown.
  • Options
    jamie2112jamie2112 Posts: 86 Member
    I've done it before, I made me and my then boyfriend so we could "live together" (we were long distance). I think it's fun to see what I'd look like in the Sims, but I doubt I'd play as myself again. I tried making me and my current boyfriend so we could try the multiplayer mod together, but it didn't look like either of us at all.
    Gallery/EA ID: xh0neybucket | Sims 3 Exchange: jamiemarie2112 | Simblr: xh0neybucketsims | Melvins rule, you do not.
  • Options
    jazzyrocksoul88jazzyrocksoul88 Posts: 72 Member
    I can't get the sim to quite look like me, and I'd rather create and play made-up sims anyway.
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!
    33%20Precious%20Saraste%20and%20Ame%20Pic_zpszjgpsupi.png

The Saraste Tales Legacy Intro
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    jamie2112jamie2112 Posts: 86 Member
    This thread inspired me to make myself and my current boyfriend in The Sims 4, and because my boyfriend finds it amusing. I even got height adjustment sliders and face asymmetry sliders to make them more as accurate as possible, which makes it way more fun. And for giggles, I installed the Basemental mod solely because we're medical cannabis users in real life, so my boyfriend was very entertained by the screenshots I got of our Sims.

I'm even trying to build the house we're living in because the layout is really simple, and I want to see how accurate I can make it! I might not make the rest of our family, and I probably won't have our Sims live in it though.
    Gallery/EA ID: xh0neybucket | Sims 3 Exchange: jamiemarie2112 | Simblr: xh0neybucketsims | Melvins rule, you do not.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    My simself. I was reluctant to start a simself at first. Sims 1, I made a sims self with my exact name and she walked into the house tried to make dinner without any cooking skilled and died by fire. Since then - never again. After two years of playing, with death turned off, I made my simself -sort of- glorified version, but I named her something like my name but not my exact name. Sim inspired by, more than actual. [img][/img]53043654482_fc35e99efe_b.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-06 at 10.53.24 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited July 2023
    I've tried it a few times. Mostly, my Sims 1 selves got lonely and complained about the lack of open floor plans (room score), and my Sims 2 selves either got lonely or were not having enough fun. (Usually if I money-cheated and bought them the hot tub that fixed the fun issue, and if I used the rabbit hole from Makin Magic, that fixed the social issue.)

Sims 2 Sims were a bit better at this, but if you let both their hunger AND their energy get too low, they would keep falling asleep in their food, until they starved, since they did not stay awake long enough to even move the hunger bar up slightly. They also liked to fight without player prompting, usually Llama mascot vs. cow mascot that just pulled the sprinkler prank. Then again, that part was a bit true to life, except it was a food fight instead of a fist fight in our cafeteria. And yes, after 2 all-nighters in a row at university IRL, I actually did fall asleep for a second while eating. But my Sims were lonely because there was no feature to save while your Sim is on a community lot.

In Sims 3, I got better at balancing their needs, once they no longer burned down the house 100% of the time when cooking with less than 3 cooking skill, or electrocuted themselves 100% of the time when repairing electronics with less than 3 skill in repair. Plus they finally started intelligently meeting their own needs - if you are starving and food is available, you don't keep watching the TV instead of eating. (Which is exactly what TS1 Sims did: it was a complex time management life simulation.) I succeeded in creating my Sim self, sort of. Although a night owl, my Sim-self ended up in the education career instead of the business career.

In Sims 4, I created another Sim Self. But this time, my Sim self was married to my husband's Sim self. But since Cats and Dogs hadn't come out yet, I wasn't able to create our cats. I played another household, and when I returned, our Simselves had 2 kids. (My husband later speculated about what would happen if the two cats that I have now suddenly became children of the same age as they are human years old. One was 11, the other 2. As he said, we would suddenly have a LOT of teaching to catch up on, and a lot of explaining to show them how to live as humans, including the clothing issues.) They say most adult pets tend to have the mindset of a child aged 2 to 4.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.