Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Educated teen run away challenge

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    The last pics from me in this challenge, thanks all for joining me <3

BRXnpCA.png
    KrSIELB.png
    FFHCOfP.png
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @mcrudd - Nice ending to the challenge :):heart:
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I am busy redoing the challenge (not posting) and its very possible with long aging and no Trifty and Plopsy usage. I have adjusted the rules so that you can not use Plopsy and Thrifty it makes it less of a challenge if you can get money too quickly. My sim has 25 days to age up and she has a very cheap looking bathroom, kitchen, lounge and bedroom. Its not top notch but she will replace with better appliances and furniture as she makes more money with collections and paintings she sell in her inventory ;)
    Qw4AQpb.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    I redid the challenge but this time I was not allowed to use Plopsy and Thrifty :)
    Just completed it <3

Graduating Highschool as Valedictorian
    e4qi9Ap.png
    Nqld11a.png

Graduating University
    sYLr2MV.png
    EhuOUTO.png

Her house
    mLXTFrC.png

Her future job
    mDHtv7U.png

Aspiration completed
    FmqRiii.png

Mission achieved :)
    riNHkTu.png

She has just over 21 000 Simoleons in her account :)
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I am busy redoing the challenge (not posting) and its very possible with long aging and no Trifty and Plopsy usage. I have adjusted the rules so that you can not use Plopsy and Thrifty it makes it less of a challenge if you can get money too quickly. My sim has 25 days to age up and she has a very cheap looking bathroom, kitchen, lounge and bedroom. Its not top notch but she will replace with better appliances and furniture as she makes more money with collections and paintings she sell in her inventory ;)
    Qw4AQpb.png

I really like this challenge but instead of outlawing Trendi you could make it a rule that you can only price your outfits up to double their actual amount. That way you can still use the feature but you won't get crazy rich from it. Just a thought...! Plopsy is just too unpredictable - I've had my sim sell his flower arrangements for over $40k each so I wouldn't allow that one.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Since I resurrected this thread accidentally I decided that I might as well contribute to it and make it current - been looking for a game challenge and like the relaxed nature of this one.

This is my teen 'runaway' - his name is Conor McClelland.

tn9eNJG.png

Week 1 - Day 1
    Freshman Year

Starting funds $0 - Ending funds $70

I am only allowing my sim to use money making skills 3 times per day - 3 sets of selfies, 3 paintings, 3 woodworking objects, etc. so that he doesn't just get super rich quickly. Also, he cannot buy any of the easels, woodworking benches, workout equipment, etc. until he has a proper house - 1 bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living area. For now, he has to travel to the school to take advantage of all those items.

Conor had to leave his former foster family when the parents became elders and needed care themselves. They were able to help him acquire this small piece of land in Copperdale and he is using a tent for his current home.

xpltSXt.png

The money that he had went to the Copperdale High School - his tuition would be fully paid for his three years here. Although room and board were not provided, he would have unlimited access to the campus as long as he was a student in good standing.

GzHp1SU.png

The school is slightly remodeled from the default school - the basement items were relocated to the main level and the shop/media classes were placed in the basement. The cafeteria was split to accommodate the new gym, computer, and chess room.

fgdB07c.png
    mHaJS0x.png

Upon arriving at the school to pay his tuition, the infamous Copperdale rain started to fall.

jwpsCdL.png

Conor took advantage of the empty classroom to get his homework done before his first day of school tomorrow.

1seKNn5.png

And he found out that he liked photography as he took a few selfies in class.

H1Pap1r.png

He uploaded and sold his pictures and had enough money to try his hand at painting. He is creative and this was a great source of fun for him.

Sz5prwx.png

He also discovered the music room and started learning the guitar.

V4rBE4s.png

Still exploring the high school, he went to the basement and made his first wood sculpture.

4ShdUCq.png

That is, when he wasn't so enamored with himself!

CVCOWWI.png

With a little money in his pocket, he traveled home and had a quick meal on the pier as it was getting dark.

4bJI0eQ.png

This may become a problem...

dJt28kv.png

The vendors shift ended and so he had a partner to chat to and play chess with after dinner.

klWWBfa.png

He met another teen in town and she told him all about Social Bunny and Thriftea - he was very interested in both.

lzEyUVZ.png

He went there and got a quick lesson in facial cleansing - a necessity for teens!

n7koZBa.png

Fortunately, there was a tea at the counter unclaimed so Conor took it!

wjint5a.png

He met quite a few other kids that he would probably see at school - it should make the first day a little less awkward. He also spent $100 on some earbuds - a bit extravagant but it will come in handy when his fun needs are low.

zoEOnay.png

Back home and ready for bed - he has enough money in his pocket to buy lunch at school and hopefully craft another painting in the art room. But it was a pretty good first day in town.

AvLEQGZ.png
    Post edited by Llandros2012 on
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Week 1 - Day 2
    Freshman Year

Starting funds $70 - Ending funds $307
    First day of school came quickly but with no food vendors open, Conor needed to make a stop to get something to eat.

IN7ephe.png

A quick bowl of cereal should do the trick until lunch hopefully.

LldYq70.png

Arriving on campus, Conor saw several familiar faces and a few new ones. It's gonna be a busy day of introducing himself.

9io7I3V.png

First up is the school principal - she seemed nice enough but Conor has heard she loves to give detention!

hwz8h0m.png

Conor grabbed a locker close to his classroom. A quick splash of decorations and then on to the meet and greets.

Ofh6LxM.png

He met his teacher, Ms. Coombes. She was pretty nice to him as well.

sgJANUK.png

Class started and all he could think about is why this kid next to him has a bag on his head - and why doesn't anyone else think it's strange?!

mrLVcSP.png

Baghead, or Jeb as he is actually named, seemed nice and so was this Noah kid sitting up front.

hYcvbhF.png

Oh no, this is just heartbreaking. Lunch just started and Conor already feels like the outsider looking in.

AWiRW7F.png

A few minutes later and that was a thing of the past - looks like he is making lots of friends on his first day.

sVdxmxi.png

With an hour to kill before his next class, Conor turns his attention to more personal matters.

kWwdVW4.png

Apparently, Conor didn't know the rule that everyone changes to a new seat in the next class. He's the only one that returned to his same spot!

F5scGcm.png

After school, he heads up to the Art room and crafts a few paintings. His new friends hang with him until 6pm - and then they all headed home.

uXB5pww.png

A few stayed behind and did their homework. Conor didn't feel so alone but it was sad when everyone headed out earlier.

fhIUfi3.png

A quick apple from his locker and a snack from the vending machine will have to do for tonight's meal. It's getting late and he needs to head home soon.

rIjS6z5.png

Unfortunately, a creepy vampire was hanging out by his tent when he arrived home. Hopefully, he's just passing by.

21XDO7x.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Week 1 - Day 3
    Freshman Year

Starting funds $307 - Ending Funds $487
    Conor woke up today to see that his order had arrived - a lunchbox that he could take with him everywhere and not have to travel anywhere for a quick bite. It costs $120 but should pay for itself in time.

qCRK31T.png

The ham and cheese sandwich wasn't that bad and did the trick for filling his hunger bar before school.

otqVj5N.png

With time to spend before school, Conor takes an early morning jog - right into the Copperdale Bay!

GmOyrTv.png

He even has time to try fishing just beyond his property.

d5PsNdo.png

He catches his first fish and adds $7 to his balance before heading off to school. Today is Tuesday so he will be attending school without a watcher.

URKg9Kb.png

He managed to pull up his grades to a 'B' status but it was a very stressful day - he came home incredibly tense.

rb80az0.png

Begrudgingly, I took him back to school and he shuffled in with a painfully slow and agonizing walk.

RQXTrW4.png

Although he had his lunchbox with him, the cafeteria was still open so he decided to get a hot meal for the night.

5MyR1nr.png

Alot of new students were wandering in and out and he sat with a few and introduced himself.

SUmbEeA.png

With a full belly and his tense mood gone, Conor was able to knock out his homework pretty quickly.

mn1t17T.png

He went to the Art room and did 3 paintings - they all seemed to come out ok but not spectacular.

oN1W1XA.png

Every night it seems that he gets home a little later than before. It's a beautiful night and he would love to explore the pier but it's way past bedtime for tonight!

RkGvn9x.png
  • Options
    Week 1 - Day 4
    Freshman Year

Starting funds $487 - Ending funds $748
    Conor got up early again and most needs were pretty good - just a quick bite from his lunchbox and he was ready to start his day.

8ZAeb57.png

As he did yesterday, he started with a brisk jog around his neighborhood.

EI9qeeL.png

The boy still hasn't learned not to run into the water but he at least tries!

dF3GKkE.png

He met a new kid at school - Kyoshi Ito - and really got a bit too much into his personal space.

0cNaKbO.png

Ugh! First thing he gets asked to do at school is workout in the gym - now he will need a shower before class starts.

uIKI68f.png

Fortunately, today is his favorite class - Art class and he levels up to level 5.

WKA0a59.png

Haven't seen signs of acne yet but it's better to be safe than sorry!

J3vNQ2S.png

He met a new girl, Sophia, and then everyone got really into some intense studying.

HyN6d8j.png

Let's play 'Spot the townie' while we are attending class 2!

qcSzNWd.png

Her name is Patricia Elmore and she invited Conor to prom as friends - guess who will be getting a little makeover in CAS at the end of the day!

EU6rkye.png

With homework done and exam prep finished, he went upstairs to do a couple of paintings. His new friend decided to tag along as well.

88LXNwN.png

Conor actually makes it home a bit earlier tonight and has a quick bite of supper on his land and completes his extra credit work for class.

t6sBG6s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Qw4AQpb.png

I really like this challenge but instead of outlawing Trendi you could make it a rule that you can only price your outfits up to double their actual amount. That way you can still use the feature but you won't get crazy rich from it. Just a thought...! Plopsy is just too unpredictable - I've had my sim sell his flower arrangements for over $40k each so I wouldn't allow that one.

That is actually very smart, I must agree I was selling paintings on plopsy for redicilous amounts as well, that is why plopsy got banned but I might adjust the rules to what you said above, very clever thank you <3 Wow and you revived the thread, I will make myself a cuppa and read about your adventures soon :)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Llandros2012 Conor looks as if he is ready for adventure :) Great rules about the number 3 rules. I love your redesign of the school. Hahaha he really really loves himself :D Earbuds are awesim for fun, I use it for kids and teens when you don't follow them to school to listen too while therel so their fun never drops while at school ;) Hahaha good old Jeb and his bag lol. How nice of all his friends to hang out with him until 6 :) Oooh the lunchbox what a brilliant idea. Wow he is running into some deep water there hahahaha. Awww he got invited to prom, that is so lovely. Wow lovely updates @Llandros2012 I truly enjoyed reading them. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    Week 1 - Day 5
    Freshman Year

Starting funds $748 - Ending funds $1189
    The day started just like every day for Conor - a quick bite from his lunchbox and a little light exercise before school. He is really hoping he will be able to build a bathroom on his lot soon.

vOAFeb9.png

TH1cwGf.png

Today is Thursday so Conor had to go to school on his own - he did excellent and actually got his grades up to an A! But he was enraged regardless from a mood swing.

ewRNBRQ.png

His friend Kyoshi came over and had some incredible news for Conor - apparently he ran out of school so fast that the administration couldn't get him before leaving campus.

C6UuLvj.png

Kyoshi and Conor along with a few other classmates had all scored really well and raised their grades high enough that they are being given the opportunity to skip their Sophomore year and move straight to being Juniors when the next term starts.

p2WGisn.png

Still trying to get over his mood swing, the boys took some time to relax and do some cloud gazing.

o7URSQG.png

Unfortunately, they were interrupted by the Welcome Wagon - Conor was less than enthused to play host to a plot of land with a tent.

rJ3xRSL.png

It took a while but he eventually managed to make friends with Mr. Price - but there were some missteps in the beginning.

S351TB9.png

He even managed to get some help with his homework but his mood was still terrible.

StFdj8C.png

Some of his classmates stopped by as well and Conor's emotions caused him to have a meltdown before the Welcome Wagon ended.

YSk0PJq.png

He traveled to the school and was able to overcome his anger with a cold shower - he really needs a bathroom of his own soon!

AAd5I6c.png

He dashed upstairs and was able to squeeze out 2 paintings before it got too late to be out alone.

JkpPvuk.png

Finally at home, he was tired but feeling pretty good about all the good things that happened today. He doesn't even know what set him off on such an emotional rollercoaster earlier but is glad that it is over. Now some sleep before his final exams tomorrow.

rxJfOTV.png

• Options
    edited September 2023
    @Llandros2012 Conor looks as if he is ready for adventure :) Great rules about the number 3 rules. I love your redesign of the school. Hahaha he really really loves himself :D Earbuds are awesim for fun, I use it for kids and teens when you don't follow them to school to listen too while therel so their fun never drops while at school ;) Hahaha good old Jeb and his bag lol. How nice of all his friends to hang out with him until 6 :) Oooh the lunchbox what a brilliant idea. Wow he is running into some deep water there hahahaha. Awww he got invited to prom, that is so lovely. Wow lovely updates @Llandros2012 I truly enjoyed reading them. Happy simming :)

@mcrudd Thank you so much for reading along. I really am enjoying playing this - normally I have my teen sims do the same thing and chase after one of the teen aspirations which just locks you in to playing a certain way to get everything done. This is so much looser and relaxing because I don't have to try to check off all those goals. I loved reading about Miranda and even the short replay you did at the end but I knew that I didn't want Conor to get super rich and just let things evolve slowly. I really don't know if he will even get a complete home before University which is fine since he will be moving into a dorm there.

This is another fun challenge that you have created and just a nice, relaxing way to play. Thank you for putting it together.
  • Options
    @Llandros2012 Woah those teen moodswings can be super hectic. If you can afford it you should purchase a diary so that he can jot down his feelings, it makes him feel better afterwards ;) Aww good old Kyoshi always being around, no wonder my sim ended up spending her life with him LOL. Love the last pic, you can see his completely relaxed after his very "stressfull" day ;)

So glad you are enjoying the challenge, I usually severely tweak challenges to make them more fun. I don't like it if I feel stressed when playing a challenge, I want to enjoy it and have fun LOL