Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Educated teen run away challenge

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Educated teen run away challenge

Goal is to complete High school with a graduation with honours then enrol into university and complete the Academic aspiration. Have a house by the time you start your first job after university. A house has to have at least one bedroom, one bathroom, one kitchen and one lounge, if it’s bigger, it’s a bonus ;)

Start with a Teen sim

Aging on long ( we want to have fun not stress and feel chased so we don't enjoy the challenge)

Academic aspiration and any traits you want to pick

Move into Little Falls Nook in Copperdale

Place a little tent if you don’t have the pack you can place the cheapest single bed and build a 3x2 wall around it and place the cheapest door. This is to protect your sim from seasons, if you don’t have seasons then you can just have the empty lot and sleep on benches.

Testingcheats true and then Money 0

Follow to school on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Go to the old style school Tuesday and Thursday (sent alone) this is to work around the progress bug we currently have in Highschool ;)

Only stay in Copperdale until you can go to university.

Not allowed in houses and other worlds but can use community lots including the High school

No jobs, but can collect collectibles and sell until you can make your own money with crafts you purchase eg easel or knitting basket. You are not allowed to use Plopsy to sell items and clothing to make money. Thrifty can be used, but you are only to sell outfits for double their amount they are worth, no more simoleons than that at any time. You can only sell one outfit a day.

No cheats for needs, but can use aspiration rewards if you want too

Gameplay options is up to personal preference. I will be disabling dust, the wants and fears and celebrity status.

We might adjust the rules as we play this as I did a quick play through with cheats to see if it can be done, it will be hard without cheating but I am sure we can achieve this with aging long. As with all my challenges, this needs to be fun for you, so if you need to adjust the rules to make it more fun for you feel free to do so.

This is my sim Miranda
Wb6yh9g.png
Her money is set to 0 after I gave her the little tent to sleep in to keep her save from season deaths

I hope you guys will enjoy this, I am starting this soon, not today though, I did the testing and setting up today ;)
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @SoulGal7 here is our challenge, what do you think? Should we tweak some rules ?
    Hi all, still going to do this. Family suprised me and we are out in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for a bithday get away week ;) cell coverage very iffy if we do manage it. High up now for a scenery lookout ;)
    edited October 2022
    Mmm no idea why my word was censored LOL It means far away from towns and cities in the middle of nowhere. Anyways we are back home now ;)
    Okie dokie, I am going to start my challenge now, however if I see that the new anger/sad bug is making the challenge to difficult then I might stop until the bug gets fixed. See you soon with an update ;)
    edited October 2022
    Day 1 Sunday.

Day 1 went ok, I was pleased with her needs by the end of the day. She managed to do most of what I would have expected. No anger from other sims so all is good so far. Started with 0 Simoleons and have 126 now :)
    The day started with full needs as a game always starts, so I quickly had Miranda do her homework while in good spirits
    raX80mU.png

After Homework I sent her to go and fish for dinner, she caught two chest and two fish
    4R3BTWq.png
    j0U3iUj.png

After using the bathroom and having a nice shower she then promptly sold it all and grilled herself some nice chicken skewers instead.
    qzAf27k.png

Her social was getting low so I had her chatting to some other sims that were in the park too
    WhPLSTw.png

She then multitasked by studying for her exam while in a good mood and getting her social up while chatting away
    iPBgXsm.png

It became very cold and I had to change her into her winter outfit as she was super uncomfortable. As she changed Paka'a Uha stole her seat so she had to carry on studying for her exam sitting on the ground.
    Wmob2qM.png

Once she got halfway done with her studying and all her needs quite ok for a homeless sim I sent her home to sleep and get ready for school the next day ;)
    oR64mZQ.png

Tip. Even if the world is sort of open I would suggest travelling, rather than walking, my sim wasted a lot of time walking home from the park and the game still had to load anyways to load up her lot. I won't be doing that again, only travelling by phone from now on, less depleting of needs and more time to achieve little things ;)
    Day 2 Monday

Day 2 was a bit more challenging since she had her tasks at school to achieve and also it was pouring with rain so she could not go fish and spent time in the park, I had to compromise, all in all I think it went ok and her needs are not to bad going to bed. Started with 126 Simoleons and have 118 now :)
    The morning started pretty wet and a grumbling tummy, but the first day of school was happening soon
    cN1Unnv.png

Miranda met he principal and found out what this school was all about
    ujtlT0U.png

She then walked to loo with legs pinched together, did not want a bladder malfunction on the first day of school. Phew just in time.
    8i8bl1Z.png

The first class was not fun, Miranda was listening and taking notes, but was starving now
    nYHybzd.png

Thank goodness it was lunch break, time to eat and then study for those exams a bit more
    4nAyPG6.png
    K0EMiFd.png

Second class was so much better with a full tummy and a great end of the day result, Way to go Miranda
    Jyjehrr.png
    TixYdBE.png

With school done I thought it a good idea to use the gym's showers and toilets. but what to do with pouring rain. Her fun was a bit low so I had her play the piano to help her get that up a bit more
    v0ATmug.png

All was going good until she got an audience and felt super embarrassed
    QYwmboN.png

Where to go for dinner and a last toilet run before sending her home to sleep, well the Thrift store had a fridge so she made herself a salad, although she was not too happy with the quality of the fridge
    nPKBu8x.png

oops or the end result of her salad, she ate it quite against her will. Buy hey it filled up that hunger.
    cMDTomn.png

So with good needs it is time for bed. She is going to school by herself on Tuesday (to help with the bug of progression)
    eDmykXD.png

That is me for today, hope you guys liked the update :)
    Oops I must remember for her to do her homework before school starts, get her out of bed a bit earlier next time I load my game LOL.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Looks like a really fun runaway teen challenge @mcrudd I hope you don’t get the ‘this tent is occupied bug’ that happened to my teen and his sister who are stranded in Copperdale while their parents are away with the aliens. Gameplay much like this.
    Looks like a really fun runaway teen challenge @mcrudd I hope you don’t get the ‘this tent is occupied bug’ that happened to my teen and his sister who are stranded in Copperdale while their parents are away with the aliens. Gameplay much like this.

Oh my gosh that does not sound good, I hope you managed your way around it. I think if it happens to my sim I might just look at her money amount and then add more to buy a new tent, sell the faulty one and then reset her money back to what it was. Thanks for the heads up, at least I have a plan now and won't be caught unawares if it does happen ;)
    Day 3 Tuesday

Miranda went to school by herself, unfortunately she has not been given some earbuds yet so she could not study hard while there. I am hoping the game will give her some soon. There was good progression, but it could have been better. I am pleased with her needs at the end of the day, although she needs to go and fish for money again. Getting low on funds now. She started the day with 118 Simoleons but have a mere 90 left.
    So sorry Miranda but had to wake her early to do homework and it was pouring with rain as well
    j7EWEUM.png

Miranda did well at school, but not quite enough progress to go up a grade yet.
    G1AT2jO.png

I travelled back to school with her since its indoors while pouring with rain outside. She had a nice shower and went to play some piano for fun again :)
    ngV2nzq.png

Since the thrift shop fridge food was not too nice to eat, she headed to the park when there was a break in the rain and quickly grilled up some yummy chicken skewers again
    h7mMP57.png

With a full tummy she could concentrate on doing her homework before bed this time ;)
    FUBQbvP.png

A nice warm shower and she felt like a new person again
    MfXrVG1.png

Off to bed with good needs and homework done. Will be going to school with her tomorrow, so will see what happens then. She seriously need to go fish for money after school though.
    rt8GpMs.png
    Day 4 Wednesday

Miranda went to school today, her classes went well and she also attended the afterschool exam prep so she is ready for Friday's exam. Her progress bar should have made her grade go up, but because of this whole progression bug she is still a C, but she will be attending school by herself tomorrow so she should grade up to a B. She started the day with 90 Simoleons and ended it with 218. Her needs are not as good this bedtime, but hopefully will get better tomorrow :)
    School started with a treadmill run, so sorry Miranda but the school insists you do this, you can have a nice warm shower afterwards.
    Zn3YYRI.png

First class went well, she was just a little hungry, but lunch is coming soon
    en9MyRW.png

Yum yum, lunch
    UafJjk5.png

Second class went well, although now she was running low on fun
    R9rH789.png

All in all the day went well :)
    Cw7bqpS.png

She attended the Exam prep although her fun was busy tanking
    Kt7WIjm.png

I am so sorry Miranda but we need money, I will place some lights around the park since you are here more in the dark times. Just keep on fishing so we can get money
    cgyHg3y.png

Yeah yeah I know you are soaked to the bone , But hey look at all the goodies we are going to sell after you ate those yummy potatoes :)
    mX4YuMn.png

Off to the loo and a warm shower and then straight to bed, you did good Miranda
    qfuElLN.png

Night night, see you just now (late night went over to next day) when you will go to school by yourself and hopefully grade up to a B
    7zJXgdo.png

Okie dokies I am done with all my little happy dances celebrating that our babies will be freed next year so will load my game and see what Miranda is up to today ;)
    Oh noes what happened ???

I have noticed that if I pause my game while my sim is sleeping. Since the latest patch when I load my game the next day then she is outside her tent and it skipped all the sleeping part and the game is unpaused, Not good, I used to be able to have the game load up paused as I left it. So this time when I loaded the game it was fast forwarding because the Miranda was all ready at school, I hardly had time to pause then she was home and not happy and even her progression took a hit :( I will try and overcome this by not pausing at night time, but I do hope it gets fixed and that I manage to get Miranda in good spirits quickly again ;)

HLGMGGr.png

Day 4 Thursday

Gosh, what a day !!! Not a good one, the game was buggy and started as I said above. I tried my best to get Miranda in better spirits but her needs were not good at bedtime, her money was a little better though she started the day with 218 Simoleons and now have 283. She is ready to go to school and write her exams tomorrow, still a c student though because of the pause bug :(
    Trying to get rid of the Anger she has, it did not work though
    NxRdXrA.png
    ZF6xloK.png

Perhaps a bite to eat and some friendly conversation, nope not even that worked
    11cNBm5.png

Well anger fishing it will be, we need money and to work on fun
    OSwTNF8.png

Yay in better spirits and some fish to sell
    eKFy6F4.png

Ready for the exams and to get this day behind her
    K5kXSMC.png

night Night Miranda hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    uA1ySZF.png
    edited October 2022
    Day 5 Friday

Today went a little better, Miranda did well on her exams. She is still a c student though, I wish it was not buggy. Anyways hopefully we can work around this. Money went good today as well, she started the day with 283 Simoleons and now have 382.
    Some food before the exams start
    aq75LnU.png

Exam going well, needs not too bad, although I had to keep on cancelling where she wanted to go play simscuffle on the computer
    dX8AnaA.png

Forgot to take a pic at lunch , she was mostly trying to get social and fun up a bit before her second exam, which went well too
    Vyv5ERu.png

Great job but still a C student because of the progression bug
    IxccDCt.png

Playing piano to get fun up a bit before going to the park
    GGgfKTc.png

Aaah much more happier after a nice shower and eating some grilled fruit
    rDQ3lN7.png

Pretty proud of her catches for the day, adding more Simoleons to the household, hopefully will afford an easel soon.
    r8qE9Yj.png

Bed time in a much better mood than the day before and its weekend yay
    h3CUvoD.png
    I am going to play my game now, if I remember correctly my next day is Saturday. I need to start making money so I had this thought. Instead of buying an easel I might use the school's one and see if I can take my painting home and post it on plopsy at home. You get more money on plopsy. That way I don't have to spend money on an easel they are not cheap. Lets hope that works ;)
    Day 6 Saturday

It was a chillaxing day and a day to make money and work on Miranda's needs. The plan to use the school's easel worked beautifully, she just needs to do more paintings so they can go on plopsy and the money start rolling in. Miranda started the day with 382 Simoleons and ended the day with 403.
    Waking up with low needs and thankfully no rain
    9cBiSaM.png

Miranda used the school easel to do a painting. I also noticed she is left handed, how interesting.
    PZTAc03.png

Miranda used the park bathroom and went for a nice warm shower. Now she is fishing for more cash ;)
    yNxrN9O.png
    NgjSXXn.png

Miranda made some yummy hotdogs and got ready to sell up all the fish she caught.
    oUGcPEJ.png

Playing chess got her fun up, and then Mary joined and she worked on both fun and social.
    TyleVU6.png
    GiUSl6k.png

Bedtime, all in all a nice day :)
    wy8wGgi.png
    Day 7 Sunday

Today went very well for Miranda. It was a super rainy day, so Miranda went to the school and painted two more paintings, She used the gym bathrooms and had a nice warm shower. It was still pouring with rain so she went to the thrift store and had some microwave dinners to get her hunger up. Back to the park to fish and end the day. Miranda started with 403 Simoleons and ended with a wopping 724.
    The day started raining pretty hard
    QMU2nsG.png

Miranda travelled to the school and did two more paintings to sell on Plopsy
    My11mkK.png
    lERfClr.png

The gym came in handy for a nice warm shower
    2FmsduQ.png

Something to eat at the thrift store again, she also had a boba tea, But she had to just grab it, there was absolutely no option to order her own (game bug ?? not sure)
    XWIuJJ6.png
    M4u7hFa.png

Fishing time again, it started off fine, but then it poured with rain, but the fishing was good so Miranda just got soaked.
    Icx9vRn.png
    u4WRUY6.png

Home time to sell everything and got 243 simoleons for a plopsy painting too :)
    x507PYx.png

Of course it would be a nice clear night and no rain while she sleeps LOL
    0IDd8mj.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    It sure does rain and rain and rain in Copperdale. Great story so far too.
    It sure does rain and rain and rain in Copperdale. Great story so far too.

Yeah I have had to get used to Miranda being soaked for 80 percent of the challenge LOL. Thank you :)
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Just started this myself. Whilst it's still a way off, a question when attending University, live on (Britechester) Campus or still at Little Falls Nook?
    PhilSims wrote: »
    Just started this myself. Whilst it's still a way off, a question when attending University, live on (Britechester) Campus or still at Little Falls Nook?

I think that should be a personal choice. I will personally see how her finances is when she starts university and decide based on that ;) As it is I dont even know if she will graduate with honours because of the progession bug. Welcome to the challenge, feel free to post your sim and his/ her adventures :)
    edited October 2022
    Day 8 Monday

The day started of good, Miranda woke early and went to the park for breakfast then off to school. She studied for her exams and attended all her classes but it said she was inattentive, how dare they !!! Anyways she painted two paintings and worked on homework and ended the day with dinner in the park and went to bed happy. She started the day with 724 simoleons and ended it with 406. Keeping in mind the money went toward painting paintings to list on plopsy and had bills ;)
    Miranda woke up nice and early and was happy to see no more rain
    skLIuEb.png

Some nice breakfast before school, no grumbly tummies in class today
    ZdBpd5j.png

Class 1 went good
    w8JxQlc.png

Class 2 went well, had a little less fun but thought it went well
    w8JxQlc.png

Miranda stop smiling, they are being mean with your update of your day at school
    ojZzQtC.png

Painting of rain how ironic
    osnCaqu.png

Homework while fun is up a bit
    72NsusS.png

One more painting for plopsy
    WKP02I4.png

Bills to pay and then off to bed
    EpshiOB.png

Day 9 Tuesday

Today Miranda went to school by herself and finally graded up to a B :) She came home super angry though not a happy girl at all. I sent her to the park for a nice angry poop and cold shower, it did not help much. I had Miranda make some baked potatoes and she shared it with a homeless looking sim and that cheered her up. A bit of fishing and then home to sleep. Miranda started the day with 406 simoleons and ended with 532.
    Miranda woke up in a good mood and ready for school
    MIxj5lD.png

She came back super angry though, although she did grade up Yay
    GWZ9Eok.png

Miranda went for an angry poop and cold shower but was still very angry, I thought a game of chess might cheer her up but that did not work.
    B4yiSgF.png

A homeless sim saw the baked potatoes she made earlier and helped himself to some. Miranda then sat next to him and had seconds
    qyQ8lnN.png

They started chatting and her anger melted away
    vAXUlHQ.png

Miranda tried catching some frogs but were not successful so fished a bit before home time
    c5YH2Wi.png

She sold her fish and went to bed
    K1UCf5s.png
  • CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    edited October 2022
    Looks like a fun challenge, thanks for posting it! I think I'll give it a shot. Though I'll probably end up tweaking it and allow early graduation at a certain amount of funds (TBD) + the normal requirements, then off to uni while still a teen if I get bored of high school life :p
    Edit: Oh, and I'll probably use a different Copperdale lot. I have a family on Little Falls Nook and I don't want to move them. Maybe I'll use LaSuli Point?
    Post edited by Carmine on