Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventeen & Maldusk: A Supernatural Soap Opera

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Chapter 11 :)
    It's rough for Ion. <3 Do they have vacations or breaks? Is it impossible to go home for a bit? Sometimes only a little pick me up is needed. I feel like I'm built different, though, because I don't really get homesick. I don't like being away from loved ones, but I love new environments and live more than 6,000 miles from home. For Ion's sake, I hope they're like me where "home" is good, but it's more fun to be elsewhere and to drop by home from time to time.

Also, that receipt (or what looks like a receipt) is amazing. I'm glad Ion wants to work for what seems like such an upright fairly priced travel agency. XD
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,353 Member
    @haneul Thanks for reading! :smiley:

In the first chapter, Ion mentioned it took "eight segments of galactic travel and nine wormhole jumps" to get to this planet. I'm not sure how long a "segment" is, but it sounds like a lot. :lol: So, I'm guessing popping back home for a quick visit isn't really feasible. Too bad for poor Ion. :cry: Field Agents are basically cut off from their home planet (except very slow report communications) until their mission is complete. Space is really big.

Actually, there's more to it than just that, but I haven't developed all the lore yet. Main jist: Ion is stuck on the human planet for now.
    I'm glad Ion wants to work for what seems like such an upright fairly priced travel agency. XD

:joy:Totally fairly priced (considering the value that is included). :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I just realized
    it's the same couple in each one of the travel agency's publicity photos. Hmm, wonder why that could be.
  • Options
    @mightysprite

:joy::joy:

Either some nefarious, convoluted, never-to-be-explained alien plot is afoot, or the author was being lazy. Take your pick.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Haha!
    I was wondering more like, what if only one couple ever used their services, because they are actually a small and/or incompetent company, but they still wanted to make a brochure?

(Sorry Ion, no offense intended)
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @mightysprite ROFL! :joy: Yeah. Could be that too.

(I was, at least in part, kind of poking fun at marketers' tendency to use cheesy stock footage in online advertisements these days. Glad someone noticed. :wink: )
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 12 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Annie has questions.
    SAM-C12-Annie-Chap-Link.jpg

Important Announcement
    The story will be on a two week hiatus for Christmas and New Year's Day. So there won't be a post for the next two weekends. It'll start back up on January 8th, and then we can see how Ion's excursion to the night club went. :wink:
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 793 Member
    Yeah, new chapter!
    I really wanted to see Ion and his adventure at the nightclub, but Annie is always an interesting POV as well. She's the one I can relate to the most, in many ways. I felt for her in particular when describing her job, preparing a PhD dissertation, being a lab instructor, still following some courses and an internship sound like a nightmare-level of workload to me, good to see that she still has some free time...

Anyway, today following her reasoning was quite interesting. All the thoughts about Reuben were quite cute for me, she really doesn't seem to know he has a crush on her (and, to be fair, he didn't do much to make her think otherwise). The screenshot about what she suspected about the relationship between him and Ion was hilarious as well XD
    I have sort of the impression that her suspicion about Ion being an alien will lead to some complex situation, also because (if I understood correctly) the next time they are meeting is probably during the movie night at Tre and Tristan's place, and I'm already worried about putting "Tre" and "aliens" in the same scene... And then Tre talked about vampire movies, and Reuben is supposed to be invited as well, I really don't know what to expect from that movie night, the conversation could lead towards so many uncommon directions.

Meanwhile, Ion is still heading to the nightclub, there are so many scenes I'm looking forwards to now!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @HermioneSims Thanks for your comments!

Ion's night club outing is coming up in the next chapter, I promise. Since I have five main characters to keep tabs on, chapters will tend to jump around a lot, as I show things that are happening to different characters simultaneously in the timeline. And typically I try not to have two chapters in a row with the same character's POV, though it will happen sometimes.

Annie definitely has a lot going on, with classes and work. Channeling my own exhausting grad school days here... :lol:

I really like Annie. I knew when I started this story I was going to want a super-geeky female character, the kind who loves all the sci-fi, fantasy, comicbook stuff etc., because that is so rarely portrayed in fiction (at least in non-FanFiction media). Those kind of characters are nearly always male. There is a common "girls don't like sci-fi/fantasy/superheroes" stereotype in movies and TV shows that just drives me nuts.

Reuben really is not good at showing his softer feelings to people. :joy: If he wants to keep his friends, he may need to work on that....
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Yayyy I'm glad Annie got another chapter before your break :) She's terrific.
  • Options
    Chapter 12! :)
    I love Underfoot and that Underfoot goes almost everywhere Annie does (even in the lab). Underfoot always has the sweetest thoughts and is so cute. Underfoot deserves more respect from the others.

4 am in the lab before classes even start for the term and consistent early mornings for 6 years? No, thanks. I had some great times in labs on the weekends and even late at night, but I was always happy to hear that one closed at 10 pm or something similar instead of being open 24/7, because closing at 10 meant that work/life balance was valued and there was no need to be there at 4 am. I wasn't/am not a scientist or anything. I was just a cheerful kid who dabbled in everything. So for me it's "absolutely yes" to Annie's question about dissecting Ion. It's scary that she even thought that. Overall, she still seems pretty great and this chapter was such a nice (further) introduction to her.

I do feel for Annie, though. She seems insecure because it's quite a jump from Reuben has one roommate that might be his friend to so that means Annie is the only one he doesn't trust.

Tre is creepy. I feel like Tristan is his prisoner.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited December 2022
    Great update, as always !!

Good to know Annie better, I liked her before, I like her very much now <3<3 Her feelings for Reuben hit so close than mine with my friend at school , eons ago :)

Underfoot is just too cute <3<3 Pup only cares about love <3

Tre was bit annoying tho XD But vampire flicks are always vampire flicks :P

Have a lovely holidays , will be here looking forward what January brings with them <3
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    Chapter 12:
    I love the little dog so so much! I also love that Annie is just as eccentric as Ion almost. No that picture in Annie's thought process, don't make me ship Reuben and Ion please cuz now I want to XD I love her reaction to Tre, would probably be mine to be honest, don't think I'd have the energy for him. Her comment on the gnats made me laugh so much XD
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Thank you all for your comments!

@mightysprite I'm glad you enjoy Annie. She's a lot of fun to write.

@haneul
    4 am in the lab before classes even start for the term and consistent early mornings for 6 years? No, thanks.

:lol: Yeah. I agree. Annie is a bit of a parody of my own college and grad school days. I had a few semesters where I started to think I should just bring my sleeping bag and camp out on the lab floor. Glad that's all over now.
    for me it's "absolutely yes" to Annie's question about dissecting Ion. It's scary that she even thought that.

She was making a nerdy self-depricating joke about her own enthusiasm for biology. She doesn't actually want to dissect Ion. :wink: It may take a while to get used to Annie's sense of humor.
    She seems insecure because it's quite a jump from Reuben has one roommate that might be his friend to so that means Annie is the only one he doesn't trust.

She is a little insecure about social stuff. But... if someone you talk to all the time took five years to let you inside their home, even when you knock on their door, but they let a complete stranger move in immediately (and they don't even seem to get along)... it does tend to raise a few questions.

:open_mouth: This is an interesting reaction. Can you elaborate more on why you think this?

@Ellupelluellu
    Good to know Annie better, I liked her before, I like her very much now <3<3 Her feelings for Reuben hit so close than mine with my friend at school , eons ago :)

Annie has so much personal stuff from my younger days wrapped up in her. I see you also find her feelings relatable.
    Underfoot is just too cute <3<3 Pup only cares about love <3

Underfoot is by far the smartest character in this whole story. :wink:
    Tre was bit annoying tho XD But vampire flicks are always vampire flicks :pensive:

:joy: Yup.

@SnowBnuuy
    I love the little dog so so much! I also love that Annie is just as eccentric as Ion almost.

She really is. It's no coincidence that Annie is the first character to really connect with Ion earnestly. They are definitely kindred spirits.
    No that picture in Annie's thought process, don't make me ship Reuben and Ion please cuz now I want to

:joy::joy::lol: I make no promises whatsoever.
    I love her reaction to Tre, would probably be mine to be honest, don't think I'd have the energy for him. Her comment on the gnats made me laugh so much XD

Tre is exhausting for introverted people, for sure.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options

@GlacierSnow

@haneul
    4 am in the lab before classes even start for the term and consistent early mornings for 6 years? No, thanks.

:lol: Yeah. I agree. Annie is a bit of a parody of my own college and grad school days. I had a few semesters where I started to think I should just bring my sleeping bag and camp out on the lab floor. Glad that's all over now.
    One of my schools had a nap/sleeping room, so no need to bring or even think about bringing a sleeping bag. :s Luckily, things never got that intense for me.

:open_mouth: This is an interesting reaction. Can you elaborate more on why you think this?

I'm not 100% serious with that comment, but even when people want to say "No" to Tre's invitations, they agree. Tre is uncomfortably good at using others and convincing them to go along with him.

• Options
    @haneul
    I'm not 100% serious with that comment, but even when people want to say "No" to Tre's invitations, they agree. Tre is uncomfortably good at using others and convincing them to go along with him.

Ah. Well, Annie and Reuben would certainly agree with you!

Tristan seems to like him though, so there's probably more to him than meets the eye. We haven't see all sides of either of those guys yet.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Wishing all my readers a Happy New Year!

I'm finally getting back in the swing of things after holiday stuff. Though I did spend the better part of the week before Christmas completely ripping apart Season Two, because Things. Just. Weren't. Working. I think I like the new approach I'll be taking (and we've still got a ways to go before we get there, anyway).

If you haven't already noticed, MannyLikesSims sent me an absolutely adorable drawing of Ion and Reuben (and a "fan"? :lol: ) which I have put up on my "Favorite Stuff" page here. Check it out! I also updated that page fairly recently with links to many of the other simlit stories I've started reading.

Seventeen & Maldusk is still set to resume next Sunday (Jan 8th).
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,380 Member
    @GlacierSnow A very happy new year to you! :smiley:
    I look forward to returning to Seventeen & Maldusk's universe soon.
    I love MannyLikesSim's drawing. Reuben and Ion's personalities are so relatable :lol:
    Thank you for sharing a link to Tusnelda's story <3
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 13 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Ion conducts some field research.
    SAM-C13-Ion-Chap-Link.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Yay Paladin
    Our hero!
    He was very effective.

You didn't have to say anything more than what you said.
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 793 Member
    Yeah, first chapter of the new year!
    And we are back to Ion at the disco too!
    I'm afraid Ion could actually have been at the centre of attention that night, quite the opposite of not being noticed... The way of analysing the situation was quite interesting to read though, the attempt to fit human biology and customs into a Sixam-norms context told us a lot about Ion too. The effect music seems to have on Sixamians in particular is quite interesting, but I've the feeling that in a place where music has such a different role such as the Earth is, this could lead to some quite tricky... misunderstandings. Adding that to human alcoholic beverages probably didn't help either.

I also agree on saying that Paladin was the real hero of the night here, I'm not sure he used telepathy or not but in any case that stare would have scared a lot of people. Early that night, was he playing with the mysterious girl or I'm mistaken?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    @mightysprite and @HermioneSims Thanks for reading!

Paladin is definitely a professional psychic bodyguard. He knows he only needs a good stare to deal with riffraff like those guys. :wink:
    Unless they'd had the foresight to bring a cat toy along, like our mystery girl did. Then all bets are off.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @GlacierSnow
    Aww, poor naive Ion :D Sure, tell all your address and bank info :D Im very happy you live with a vampire cop now :D

I want Paladin too, any way to get to Sixam in real life? :D I would take yellow , tho :D

Thank you for update , great as usual :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Aww, poor naive Ion :D Sure, tell all your address and bank info :D Im very happy you live with a vampire cop now :D

:joy::joy: Good point.

I will ask Ion how one goes about getting a contract with the Paladins for you. Not sure if they have yellow though.

Glad you're enjoying it. :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    Chapter 13!
    I can't think of anything both funnier and more adorable than Ion clubbing...and on top of that, Ion intoxicated. XD Nooo Ion plus a little too much 'nectar' and he's already gullible and naive as it is. I'm glad Paladin warned him! I really love the pic of Paladin in a sort of hunting pose. and the close-ups. So did Paladin use some kind of Force Persuasion on him? : P
    they/them or she/her