Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventeen & Maldusk: A Supernatural Soap Opera

1131415161719...Next

Comments

• Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 794 Member
    More chapters with Underfoot! <3

And I had also missed the extras page, that's another goldmine!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    @Ellupelluellu and @HermioneSims Thank you for your comments! :heart: Underfoot is just too adorable to not get a chapter all to herself.

Also, some SAM website news. I added a new "Fan Art" page. Currently there are three cute drawings by Manny Likes Sims.

I also created a simlit specific email address (which is on the Fan Art page). This can be used for anything SAM related, such as artwork or comments or whatever.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    This is cute! I did try drawing Underfoot the other day but it went absolutely terribly. XC
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Chapter 39 is ready!

Previously on Seventeen & Maldusk...

SAM-C39-Prev-01.jpg

(Chapter 18)

SAM-C39-Prev-02.jpg

From Reuben's narrative:
    "It's often said by the cynical that everyone has their price. And Milo is the type of guy who will make a deal with anyone who's willing to pay it. "Double agent" probably doesn't even begin to cover it."

(Chapter 30)

SAM-C39-Prev-03.jpg

From Reuben's narrative:
    "She's older than ancient. One of the Originals. Over the centuries, she's reinvented herself many times, as most vampires have had to do to avoid notice. These days, she goes by "Rosalind Jade". She has had literal ages to amass her staggering fortune through both legal and illegal means. She's ruthless, cunning, opportunistic, and she has no problem playing a very long game indeed. Thinking about her stirs up centuries of bad memories."

(Chapter 35)

SAM-C39-Prev-04.jpg

(Chapter 38)

Main page link

Chapter index link

Reuben goes out for a drink.
    SAM-C39-Reuben-Chap-Link.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    New chapter!
    With a title like: "Reuben goes out for a drink", I was already expecting everything but a trip to a bar, but this is beyond any possible prediction! I don't think I can go into too many details with the comment here on the forum, but anyway that place is for sure something. Also, Reuben is always leaving so many things untold (him not being wealthy enough to afford that place anymore, Rosalind setting up the tab for him, etc...).

Anyway, it's always funny to see how the most random people seem to know Tre XD
    And then, Milo's hints at the end look very promising, but then looking back at the pictures you reminded us of in the previous I'm afraid that the "person with the tattoo" he's referring to is probably not the same person who kidnapped Tre. I really can't imagine what could have happened to Tre, he's always so unpredictable...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Oh well....
    ......Reuben, what about the fact Ion is an alien???? Annie told you both...

Awesome job with the club!

White hair, tattoo... Ion??

ps.
    CW0hNBW.jpg
    <3<3<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Thank you for your comments! :smiley:

@HermioneSims

Reuben really is very secretive about his past and he leaves lot unsaid. At some point though, we'll pry some of those secrets out of him.

Tre, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. He says everything that's on his mind. And he knows absolutely everybody.

You are right, in Chapter 18 we saw exactly who Milo saw Tre talking to at the general store. He's not telling Reuben everything he knows right now.

@Ellupelluellu

:joy: Yes, Reuben. Pay attention! Annie's telling you important stuff. :lol:

Actually, at this point Reuben is still a bit under the influence of Ion's calming filter. He may have fought off the part that felt like mind control to him, but he's still weirdly calm (for Reuben) through out the events of this chapter. He even talks about what's bothering him, instead of glowering and saying he's "fine". So, perhaps the "my roommate is an alien" thing just hasn't sunk in yet.

"White hair, tattoo... Ion??" You got it. :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 21
    Chapter 40 is ready!

This is the last chapter of Season One. The story will be on hiatus for a while because (despite my best efforts) real life stuff plus "author-chronic-mind-changing syndrome" delayed me too much and Season Two is not in a ready state yet. I don't expect that to happen until fall at the earliest, so when I am ready to start posting, announcements will be made on a new thread in the new EA forum. I might start the thread itself earlier than I am ready to start posting chapters so that there will be a link to Season One, and I will have somewhere to give you news about what's taking me so long.

But here we are. I hope you've enjoyed the story so far and will be back for more when I have it ready. Thank you so much to everyone who has been reading it and especially for all your wonderful comments! :heart:

Previously on Seventeen & Maldusk...

SAM-C40-Prev-01.jpg

(Chapter 10)

SAM-C40-Prev-02.jpg

SAM-C40-Prev-03.jpg

(Chapter 26)

SAM-C40-Prev-04.jpg

(Chapter 2)

SAM-C40-Prev-05.jpg

From Ion's narrative:
    "I did not sense any sixamnian minds at all, although I did get two brief telepathic blips from somewhere in the outermost mesosphere. When I turned the scanners upwards and attempted to more accurately locate the source, though, I could not find anything."

(Chapter 20)

Main page link

Chapter index link

A quiet night on a lonely road.
    SAM-C40-Encounters-Chap-Link.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited April 22
    I loved it!
    Always love it when a new character gets tied-in :) Hi Erwin!

And yay, Tre is alive!
    probably?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    YAY! and oh no.. hiatus .. :( (of course its sad for me, I want MOAR) :p
    Oh, cool way to include Erwin, very well done :smiley:

Okay, so, Tre.. more guestions... hmm... Aliens, but could Ion know? Or the "xxx hours and still talking" pic was correct... (or close to that) ..

I know who knows! OF COURSE!
    CW0hNBW.jpg
    <3<3<3<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    New (and last for now, ugh!) chapter!
    So Tre was indeed abducted by some aliens (maybe? Or al least not sixamnians like Ion, I guess?), and there are a weird paranormal guy, the men in black, and am I overthinking or were a few of those guys also among the guards at the evil vampires' hideout? What's going on, and how can the season be ending now!?1?

Seriously, ending a season with a lot of suspense it's always a good method to keep the readers hooked, for sure the moment the new forum is out I'm bookmarking the new thread too!

PS Seeing Erwin was a big surprise too, after an episode like this one I can see why he ended up selling weird stuff in a stall in Strangerville to conspiracy theorists XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    edited 5:40PM
    Thank you all for your comments! :heart: And thank you to everyone who has been reading this story. Knowing that there are readers enjoying it has made it worth the work that goes into it. I hope to get the next season rolling before we all forget what's going on, though I will definitely be putting out a summary before resuming chapter posts.

If you haven't already been over there, check out the Season One Extras page. Bloopers, side stories, behind the scenes thoughts, and Reuben in leather. I might be adding a few more items to that page during the hiatus, so stay tuned.

Also, if you are so inclined, I recommend the Characters Index. No spoilers for anyone who is caught up through Chapter 40, and it's a great who's who reminder if you're looking at some character and wondering "have we seen that guy before?". Every character description also includes the first chapter in which they make an appearance.

@mightysprite

Erwin says Tre is breathing, so we're just going to have to keep our fingers crossed for now. Hopefully wherever he disappeared to this time, he's being taken care of.

@Ellupelluellu

:lol: The "xxx hours and still talking" picture is about the truest thing that can ever be said about Tre.

ps

Thanks for being a fan!

SAM-C38b-19.jpg

@HermioneSims

You are correct! We saw those two guys that arrive in the helicopter (and the helicopter too) in Chapter 18 when Milo visited the penthouse in uptown. Good memory :smiley: since that was posted over a year ago!

I'm afraid the season is ending now because I am a mean, mean person :naughty: ... and also because I ran out of ready-to-share chapters. :lol: But Season Two is in the works. It may take me a while, but it's happening.

And that's it for now, folks. This thread will stay here until they shut this forum down. I periodically log in to see what is going on in the simming world, so feel free to share any other thoughts here if you wish. Or email me at the address on my site. If I have any news to share between now and when the new forum starts, I'll post it here. Otherwise, may we all meet again in the new location!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg