A reminder that any non-official EA content which is publicly rumored to have been captured during playtests or not intended for release is not allowed on these forums. Linking to, sharing, or otherwise distributing these types of content here will lead to its removal and potential loss of forum account access.
Return to top
What do you want in Sims 5
Separate out certain items
- select the bedframe then the bed linen
- select the artwork then the frame (maybe even the mount)
- select the countertop then the units and appliances
- select the bookcase/cabinet then the clutter (with option for auto-fill clutter based on room type - bathroom, kitchen, study, etc)
- bookcases/cabinets you can stretch across and up
- countertops you can drag along the wall to any length you wish (with undercounter units as separate items)
- sofas that can be a single seater or dragged out to be a 2-seater, 3-seater, etc.
- TV's you simply scale to whatever size you want
- windows and mirrors you can scale
Wall covering design
- select a skirting board, picture rail and coving (each with colour options)
- select colour, texture and patterns to apply to each portion of the wall covering
- could choose to have a pattern below the picture rail then plain colour above the picture rail
- automatically size to window then choose whether curtains drop to bottom of window or to floor
- option to layer window coverings - net/voile/blinds with curtains over the top
- interaction for Sim to open/close (or smart home device to do it)
Integrated built-in kitchens
- dishwashers, washing machines and fridges hidden behind the kitchen cabinet doors
Walls and rooms
- walls that can be built to half-grid
- ability to sink the building directly into the ground without the terrain following the bottom of the wall
- ability to connect rooms at different levels (half-storey increases, for example)
- mansard roofs and usable loft spaces
- allow a door directly at the top/bottom of the stairs (like stairs that lead to a basement, for example)
- useable space under staircases
That's all for now...I'll keep my fingers crossed at least some of these end up in the next iteration of The Sims! :)
> I really wish on TS5 we could see a more dynamic growth you know... like 2 or 3 small stages on each life stage. I wanted to see a baby learning to walk and talk and actually see them growing, like height and all, if they eat a lot they'll get chubby, if not, they're gonna grow thin. If they're well educated they're gonna grow smart and quiet or polite, if not, they're gonna grow loud, messy or disrespectful. Watch them go to primary school...
> Kids slowly growing into preteens, stop playing with toys and start worrying more about looks and teen stuff, first crush...
> small stages between each life stage...
EA and us, we have to understand what NEEDS to be in the base game.
1- Better Traits
2- Dynamic life Stages (preteen)
3- Likes and Dislikes, and zodiac signs
4- The TS4 CASim style (great name for a casino)
5- Create a style tool
6- I would simply love an option to keep move objetcs always on
7- Build Mode is actually great as is now
8- Seasons and Pets are important but I understand the monetary reasons. But at least rain and thunderstorm.
9- Slower gametime speed as well as the standard speed
> 9- Slower gametime speed as well as the standard speed
And what I mean by that is that I just want more gameplay time. I want longer days and longer minutes. It doesn't take over an hour to go to pee and wash hands. I hate playing with the autonomy on because my sims mostly do shh all the time. Or do nothing important. So sometimes I waste time with them standing there and doing nothing at all. And I'm always pausing the game to make sure everyone's doing something important. The Sims 3 had better autonomy, to be honest. I didn't play much Sims 2.
I also think that making money is way too easy in TS4, so I’d like to see the money from careers scaled down by at least 2x, and gardening is just WAY too easy. I love rags to riches style gameplay, but my sims get money too easily and it makes me get bored of my saves :(
In general, my feeling about merfolk in the Sims 4 is that they didn’t understand the full potential of the occult. If Sims 5 merfolk aren’t substantially more than the Sims 4 merfolk, it will make my decision pretty easy. I do need to get blown away by extremely well developed MerSims because my experience with Sims 4 MerSims was lacking that much.
I want occults and will probably wait and see how they handle them in the new game. If occults are lacking, I’ll probably stick with the Sims 4. If they go too far with trying to hide the presence of occults, that will be another negative.
At the end of the day, I really don’t want realism to take away from whimsy and fantasy.
The personality sliders, personality traits, and their high-level aspirations (fortune, family, creativity, romance, friendship, exploration/travel, knowledge) should drive the types of wants rolled. Completing wants should unlock more advanced wants.
Realizing fears should cause consequences and aspiration decay. Impact.
The way Sims 4 tried to implement Wants and Fears was a non-starter...and the team seems to realize that it's not working because they allow you to disable them.