Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want in Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    At least 2 heights of sims
    • Standard
    • 1 head taller

daz_0011.jpg
    I could settle for 2 but I'd wish for at least 3 heights something like 6'2 5'9 and 5'5 it would really only add 1 more height compared to older games since teens use to have their own unique height and add would add so much character to the Sims no one stands out when everyone exactly the same height.

Paralives is giving us working height sliders I heard Life by You is adding height differences as well it's time the Sims does the same and gives us a few options.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Sims 2 mechanics and animations in Sims 3's open world with Sims 4's ability to travel outside said world.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EmpurressMeowMeowsEmpurressMeowMeows Posts: 9 New Member
    1) More races to choose from and maybe fairies again with their tiny homes like in sims 3!!

2) Some minigames that you actually have button prompts to play would be nice.

3) Someone mentioned RPG and that made me think of maybe also having a turn based style combat adventures. It can even be like going into a cave for treasure or something with deeper levels having better stuff.

4) I really enjoy the city in sims 4 with the festivals and apartments so I hope that will also be in sims 5.

5) Only because I've heard a few things but I am unsure... please no online sub based sims 5...

6) keep or improve the farming system from sims 4.

7) Keep or improve sims 4 customization. The added and separate category for nails was nice and would of been great to of had from the start in sims4. I hope for sims 5 we have even better control. Like being able to deeply change our hair color and even change highlights. Let me turn any hair from a one tone to multi tone.

8) I like the new and slightly more modern jobs with content creator eg esports&streamers. I hope they include the ones from sims 4 to 5.
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    I would love to have the ability to remove all modern conveniences (Cars, Cell Phones, Laptops) for historical game play! A selection of vintage phones and cars would also be great. It would be amazing to be able to choose horse and carriage or vintage automobiles. I really enjoy this kind of play the most and I know I'm not alone.
  • Options
    EmpurressMeowMeowsEmpurressMeowMeows Posts: 9 New Member
    I cannot edit my post to add this but..
    I would also love it if you could move multiple rooms when in build mode without having to do it one at a time,

An option to stop saving screenshots when you take a photo in game would also be really great! I hate being in a career that needs photos taking and then having to delete all the photos off my computer. I don't want in game photos to = real screenshots.
  • Options
    Cjb402Cjb402 Posts: 28 Member
    Open world, implement AI but most importantly.....bring back the "fun" in the game that has been sadly missing since The Sims 2
    The man the myth and the legend of the simming world :) TSC 4 life lol
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2023
    If EA/Maxis keeps on in the direction that they're headed, I won't be buying TS5. Still, I dream.

I would like:
    • appliances that are completely under-counter, except for their fronts, of course...
    • winterwear that doesn't leave a Sim's chest and neck completely exposed to the elements (especially for the children)...
    • complete sets -- sofa, loveseat, and side chair, counters, islands, and wall units...
    • blinds and curtains that don't stand eight inches off the walls
    • Layered clothing, so that when a Sim takes off their coat, they're still wearing the same top and bottom that I could clearly see when the coat was on.
    • sims that hold utensils correctly, knives and forks
    • sims that lick their ice cream instead of biting it. In other words, provide appropriate animations when called for.
    • one-tile wide refrigerators, instead of the skinny ones from TS4
    • doorbells
    • windows and doors that can be left open or shut
    • genuinely lazy and sloppy Sims
    • Homes that get messy faster when sloppy or lazy Sims live there
    • less clutter, more functional items
    • more physical intimacy between partners, cuddling, spooning, etc.
    • more physical contact between Sims, period. dancing, skating, walking, talking, playing, all of those interactions need more physical contact
    • Sims that don't constantly observe social-distancing unless one of them is actually sick
    • The ability to take care of a sick Sim by giving them medicine or bringing them a meal in bed.
    • more gameplay between children that doesn't require objects
    • the ability to hold a baby, toddler, child on the parents' laps.
    • the ability to live or to vacation in any world
    • the ability to play offline and a game that doesn't phone home without my express permission
      • EA to go all out and provide at least three variable heights for the teen-adult age. Allow the player to decide how tall their Sims are. EA should distinguish TS5 by investing in a method to make an animation once and quickly copy it onto rigs of varying sizes.
      • someone at EA to take a good look at what made TS2 a fan favorite and try to incorporate those activities and emotions into a more modern game
      [*] most of all, I'd like a game that is entertaining to play on day one -- all household amenities available (cars, pools, bikes, dishwashers, food processors, washer/dryer, etc.), all life stages present and accounted for

Post edited by Cynna on
      I3Ml5Om.jpg
    • Options
      stylesdrukstylesdruk Posts: 27 Member
      MMORPG. And, better quality than The Sims 4 with more content.
    • Options
      PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
      edited July 2023
      After thinking about this for a while, I think the number one thing I want is CONSEQUENCES.

In TS4, it seems like there are never any consequences for the choices that sims make, especially if the impact may be negative. A couple can break up (Ask to Just Be Friends) without anyone feeling badly about it, even if one of the sims is gloomy, jealous, loyal, etc. Sims can be straight-up enemies and still have autonomous Friendly interactions. In what world do you walk up to your mortal enemy and casually ask them about their day? Affairs or having babies outside of a relationship have no consequences for the relationship, except your sim might get a phone call from an acquaintance with no direct interest in the situation saying you're getting a negative rep... big deal. Sims can gossip about each other with no repercussions. Even if a sim gets a hurt sentiment, they just get a negative moodlet while they're around the other sim. What about picking arguments with them instead? How about some petty revenge? I want drama, darn it!
      Gallery ID: PandoraTO
    • Options
      RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
      I want it to be like a Sims 3 that runs well, with the improvements made in the Sims 4 - rotational play, better graphics, better building.

I want at least open neighborhoods, cars you can drive around, spawn points that make sense instead of sims popping out of nowhere.

I want the packs and themes to be deep and fleshed out with lots of content for build/buy and CAS, and lots of gameplay.

I want the fun and whimsy of a real sims game.

I want backstories for the pre-made sims and in-game connections between them.

I want occults.

I want assets/worlds for other time periods.

I want control over my sims and all the other sims in my game.

I want multi-purpose lots.

I want to buy the game and packs and not need to be online to play. I DO NOT want microtransactions. I DO NOT need multi-player. I DO NOT want the game controlling my gameplay.
    • Options
      CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
      edited July 2023
      Unfortunately, not what I have seen so far. I know this is a wish list type thread and I do have many wishes for TS5, but I'm disappointed in the direction of the game.

As far as we know right now, it may change, there are only apartment (not build editable?) buildings in the first world, and things like that. So, I would have to go back to the beginning of The Sims adding in standard things just like we had to ask for standard things for TS4. Like individual homes. in TS5 :/

That list will be exhaustive it seems so I will just leave this thread with my disappointment of the F2P model that it seems to be on.
      "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    • Options
      Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
      I want realism back in the game :'(
      • More opening car doors, cars existing at all.
      • More realistic cooking animations.
      • Shopping!! Actual store shopping like TS2 had. Not the retail mess that we have from GTW.
      • Actually love Dine Out (minus its major bugs) but i want a more in depth dining and owning/running a restaurant experience.
      • More adventure or random challenges like TS3 has
      • Going back to the DLC model that we had from TS1-3 (I can dream can't I? :( )
    • Options
      WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
      open world
    • Options
      BoviraBovira Posts: 7 New Member
      I really hope they scrap the current emotion system from Sims 4. It just doesn't work and my adult sims are crying under the bed covers over silly things. The emotions really do take over any personality and even without, they barely seem to have any at all. That said, here are some things I would like to see.

-Neighborhoods really need to be way bigger and more customizable. I hate having to travel to a different world to eat at a restaurant because how how little space is given. It breaks immersion. I want to be able to customize neighborhoods and add lots. I also don't want to be looking at a picture when I load into the world view screen.

-A return of the personality point system combined with traits (traits which actually make an impact to a sims personality)

-A complex chemistry / attraction system

-Bring back the wants and fears panel from TS2 - only make it more complex / intuitive

-Aspiration meter (and lifetime meter) from TS2 as well, to go along with the wants and fears panel.

-I want the ability to both turn off cell phone animations (and maybe for other electronics like handheld game sets?) in the options menu or to do it for individual sims via a checkbox while playing the household. I would also like it if sims had to purchase a cell phone (or yes, even a home phone!).

-I want the newspaper back even if it's considered old school lol

-Please bring back the NPC's like the newspaper kid, the burglar, the police, etc.

-Bring back carpools - like the school bus (and make it so that, if not in base game, we can actually see the sim backing out of their driveway/garage when they get their own vehicle). And they can't just appear in the car. I want to see them actually enter the car. Details really do make a difference.

-and, lastly, I really want everything to be ultra customizable. A lot of this has been seen in the prototype. I just hope they really are able to pull it off even better than it was in Sims 3 with the color wheel. Make it all more optimized. I would be so happy to see attention to detail return. I also really want to be able to turn on the TV and leave it on without the sim automatically turning it off. There's probably more but I think these are the main things!
    • Options
      simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
      edited August 2023
      Bovira wrote: »
      I really hope they scrap the current emotion system from Sims 4. It just doesn't work and my adult sims are crying under the bed covers over silly things. The emotions really do take over any personality and even without, they barely seem to have any at all. That said, here are some things I would like to see.

-Neighborhoods really need to be way bigger and more customizable. I hate having to travel to a different world to eat at a restaurant because how how little space is given. It breaks immersion. I want to be able to customize neighborhoods and add lots. I also don't want to be looking at a picture when I load into the world view screen.

-A return of the personality point system combined with traits (traits which actually make an impact to a sims personality)

-A complex chemistry / attraction system

-Bring back the wants and fears panel from TS2 - only make it more complex / intuitive

-Aspiration meter (and lifetime meter) from TS2 as well, to go along with the wants and fears panel.

-I want the ability to both turn off cell phone animations (and maybe for other electronics like handheld game sets?) in the options menu or to do it for individual sims via a checkbox while playing the household. I would also like it if sims had to purchase a cell phone (or yes, even a home phone!).

-I want the newspaper back even if it's considered old school lol

-Please bring back the NPC's like the newspaper kid, the burglar, the police, etc.

-Bring back carpools - like the school bus (and make it so that, if not in base game, we can actually see the sim backing out of their driveway/garage when they get their own vehicle). And they can't just appear in the car. I want to see them actually enter the car. Details really do make a difference.

-and, lastly, I really want everything to be ultra customizable. A lot of this has been seen in the prototype. I just hope they really are able to pull it off even better than it was in Sims 3 with the color wheel. Make it all more optimized. I would be so happy to see attention to detail return. I also really want to be able to turn on the TV and leave it on without the sim automatically turning it off. There's probably more but I think these are the main things!

Yes! The Emotions System just isn't working. Asmara talks about the problems of Sims 4 game design, including the emotions system, in her viral video essay. So...What Happened to The Sims 4? | Part Two: The Downfall

The relevant part starts at 17:38 but the entire two-part video series is brilliant.

https://youtu.be/aSyeb5RnWXg?t=1058
      He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    • Options
      Totally agree about emotions. They just do not work. The sims have way less personality to the point they all act like the same person regardless. I really like the way traits work in TS3. 5 is a good number and the traits actually affect your sims' behavior in certain ways.

Stepping away from that topic, I really love scuba diving in TS3 and wish we could get another version of this gameplay in the sims. It is one of my most favorite and used gameplay aspects from TS3 Isla Paradiso.
    • Options
      @RedShoe7 All of this, yes!!
    • Options
      FifianaFifiana Posts: 2 New Member
      I posted the first one in another topic (on Sims 4) as well but

- I'd LOVE to be able to have a career as a rapper/MC. Not singer or comedian, but rapper. Writing lyrics (like poetry style would be an option), going freestyle, listening to hiphop as a daily task for example, (buying time) studio, battling other rappers (maybe even have beefs and option to write and record a diss track in mean mode?), practice cool moves, try and get a contract, get famous etc. New items could be big golden necklaces, flashy stuff and grills or something. The option for a golden tooth is already in the game.

- Vehicles (like cars, motorcycles, busses etc.). If Sims can actually use them they should be able to get a fine for speeding or w/e
      - Not being obsessed with whatever trait you assign to them, as others have mentioned.
      - Is it me or did we really lose the burglars/intruders and security alarm? I'd love that back
      - Not pulling the phone out during conversations or right after kissing etc.
      - Being able to switch between Sims at different lots (if they're part of the same household)
      - Have hamsters, rabbits, small pets in the base game and be able to interact and play w them etc.
      - Seasons should just be in the base game, let's be real
      - Teen pregnancies
      - Vandalizing (like spray painting graffiti on buildings in the night time)
      - Better sense of time: sometimes walking 5 meter takes forever time wise. There's a lot you can do in one hour irl but in the Sims you can barely make it to the toilet lol
      - Make 'rushing' possible (it will give them stress levels or hygiene might go down a little bit (due to stress sweat) for example)
      - Dead and Charge phone
      - Online dating (In Sims 4 I only have the base game and C&D so not sure if this is possible in a certain expansion)
    • Options
      ColineSurrayColineSurray Posts: 6 New Member
      It would be nice to have things that exist in real world, things a lot of people use/do a lot. Let's say, a psychologist... not everyone is normal, some people struggle with anxiety, stress, bipolarity, "extreme sadness", and these people require therapy, or consultants, or medication.

There are people who have needs in a way like... let's say the sim wants to take a run at least 2x a week. Like a personal goal. Exercise 3x a week. Go party every friday or so...

There's a bunch of normal things that I never saw in S4 or 3... I just can't think of them all right now.
    • Options
      BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
      Coconut27 wrote: »
      Totally agree about emotions. They just do not work. The sims have way less personality to the point they all act like the same person regardless. I really like the way traits work in TS3. 5 is a good number and the traits actually affect your sims' behavior in certain ways.

Stepping away from that topic, I really love scuba diving in TS3 and wish we could get another version of this gameplay in the sims. It is one of my most favorite and used gameplay aspects from TS3 Isla Paradiso.

I don't know exactly what went wrong, but the core selling point in 2014, the emotions, never ever worked properly, and I can't be the only one who think Sims 2 sims as well as Sims 3 sims showed more emotional feedback without the emotion system...
      Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    • Options
      Diamondback7TCDiamondback7TC Posts: 20 Member
      Farms, ranches, gardens, swimming & diving pools, hot springs, hot tubs, real yards (unlike Sims 4), play pools, kiddy pools, playgrounds, parks, night clubs, dance clubs, zoos, aquariums (I don't only mean small household ones, I mean real professional aquariums like zoos), large personal aquariums (I'm typin' really big), sea food aquariums for restaurants and homes (not only zoo type aquariums and pet aquariums), sea food farming (such as fish farming, crab farming, shrimp farming, lobster farming), multi-floor houses both above ground and underground, apartment buildings with neighbors, pets that aren't sick all the time (the Sims 4 cats and dogs are unrealistically always needing the vet, and are too expensive even when not an inbred breed), lots of toys for kids please! lots of yard toys and bedroom toys for kids for a change, Sims 1-4 have almost no toys for kids and toddlers, introduction of the kid/pubescent life stage please, not only a pack like high school year but an elementary one, too, and a middle school one, and to be able to go to and play college and university both, and kindergarten & preschool's introduction please, shoji buildings please (nice ones too, not simply cheap stereotypical ones - shoji goes way more beautiful and intricate and expensive that the cheap stereotype shoji that's easy to make), more arts and crafts than previous sims games please with them possible to make money including toy crafting such as with sewing plushies and with 3D printing plastic toys, shoji crafting (include walls, lamps, screens, doors, windows, ceiling decoration pieces, etc.), house crafting (make us able to help construct our houses, and to have to wait for our house construction), during house construction waits give us hotels motels apartments tents trailer homes etc. to live in temporarily, not to mention tents, trailer homes, mobile homes, apartments, hotels, motels, resorts, houseboats please!, treehouses (not only kid treehouses for play but real treehouses to live in), lots of hammock furniture, wooden tiki houses of various kinds for the Caribbean, concrete houses of the Caribbean, and there's a lot more to list, but I'm going to go game soon.
    • Options
      ColineSurrayColineSurray Posts: 6 New Member
      I'm curious to know about Bella's disappearance. She will be back? Or will there be an end to Mortimer and Bella's love story?
    • Options
      LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
      edited August 2023
      If Maxis and Firemonkeys Studios could work together on Project Rene.

Firemonkeys creativity would be a breath of fresh air, no competitor could do better.
      Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    • Options
      TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
      I guess multiplayer options. My daughter and I are content to keep playing Sims 4, but my brother really wants multiplayer and will buy Sims 5 if that option is available. He used to play Sims Online, and misses being able to play with other people.

Now that he has kids, he likes playing with them. They do play other multiplayer games, with several accounts that they each log into different computers and xbox. When they play Sims together, it's a matter of everybody making a single character in a household they share, and they take turns playing. He wants to be able to log on and interact with his kids in the game.

As for me, I've never played Sims multiplayer version, but have played other multiplayer games. It is fun to interact and talk to other players. My only concern about multiplayer is that some games have monthly fees to play multiplayer. I won't buy Sims 5 if I need to pay each month to play. I don't think Diablo 4 has a monthly fee, but people don't really socialise in that game. Even when I play with my brother and his kids, we talk (or shout if somebody's in another room) to each other things like, "Which dungeon are we doing next?" It's multiplayer, but not social.

If Sims 5 is multiplayer and does not have a monthly fee, I'd buy it. I won't buy any game with a monthly fee though, and I can't see any reason to buy Sims 5 if it's not dramatically different from what I have now (and multiplayer is the only way I can think of).
      My brother will buy it if it is multiplayer, regardless of if there is a monthly fee or not.

• Options
      WinterwolfWinterwolf Posts: 3 New Member
      I'd like a return to previous iterations of The Sims like the Sims 3 where it was easier to go to individual houses in the world.