Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to complete both the Master Chef and the Master Mixologist aspirations?

Hi, I’m trying to create a Sim with every aspiration, and I heard that the Master Chef and Master Mixologist aspirations couldn’t both be completed, is this true? Any response is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    edited July 2022
    I haven't played with either aspiration, but I did some hunting through the tutorials and guides others have written, and it looks like the issue has to do with the two branches of the culinary career.

Master mixologist requirements:

Mix 20 Drinks (75 Satisfaction)
    Own a Bar and 2 Barstools (50 Satisfaction)

Achieve Level 5 Mixology Skill (300 Satisfaction)
    Mix 10 Drinks at a Single Social Event (200 Satisfaction)
    Mix 3 Different Excellent Drinks (150 Satisfaction)

Become an Adult (0 Satisfaction)
    Join the Mixology Branch of the Culinary Career (500 Satifaction)
    Achieve Level 7 in Mixology Skill (500 Satisfaction)

Achieve Level 10 Mixology Skill (1000 Satisfaction)
    Mix 10 Excellent Drinks While Inspired (750 Satisfaction)
    Create 10 Types of Excellent Drink (1000 Satisfaction)

Master Chef requirements:

Cook 5 Excellent Meals (50)
    Cook 2 Meals while Inspired (75)

Achieve Level 5 Cooking Skill (300)
    Cook a Gourmet Meal (250)
    Earn Silver at a Dinner Party Event (250)

Become an Adult (0)
    Reach Level 4 in the Culinary Career (500)
    Create 3 Types of Excellent Food (500)

Achieve Level 5 of Gourmet Cooking Skill (750)
    Reach Level 8 of the Culinary Career (1000)
    Cook 3 Gourmet Dishes at a Single Event (1000)

The Master Mixologist aspiration actually requires the sim to join the mixologist branch of the culinary career. But it looks like the Master Chef aspiration only requires them to get to a certain level (no specification of which branch, so according to this, it shouldn't matter).

Players who started with the Chef aspiration, probably chose the chef branch, and then could not complete the Mixologist aspiration because you can't switch branches. But if you choose the Mixologist branch, it looks like it will still work for the Chef aspiration (at least the way it's worded in the step descriptions).

Here are the sources of information I used, so you can see if you agree with this interpretation:

https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/masterchef.php

https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/mastermixologist.php

https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/culinary/
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I've completed both.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2022
    You can but you have to do Mixologist first and then Chef, it doesn't allow you to do Mixologist if you complete Chef first (for some odd reason).
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    You can but you have to do Mixologist first and then Chef, it doesn't allow you to do Mixologist if you complete Chef first (for some odd reason).

There is a cheat to help you finish any of them you want. I'd post it, but it's on my home computer.
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    > @Catzilla said:
    > You can but you have to do Mixologist first and then Chef, it doesn't allow you to do Mixologist if you complete Chef first (for some odd reason).

Actually, you can do the Chef one first, but you have to choose the Mixology branch in Culinary carreer so you can do the Mixology one later.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Can't you just complete one, quit the job then start the job over to complete the other?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Can't you just complete one, quit the job then start the job over to complete the other?

Nope it automatically picks off from the choice you chose.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Oh that sucks. I'll have to keep that and this thread in mind. Thanks
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Perti23 wrote: »
    > @Catzilla said:
    > You can but you have to do Mixologist first and then Chef, it doesn't allow you to do Mixologist if you complete Chef first (for some odd reason).

Actually, you can do the Chef one first, but you have to choose the Mixology branch in Culinary carreer so you can do the Mixology one later.

That was the conclusion I came to after reading the tutorials. Thanks for confirming it!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I always do it in the way that I complete one branch of all careers in one save, then move the sim to another save and do the other branches but this is obviously when I want to do all careers and both branches of them on this one sim, but that way you can always complete both on one sim.

I know I read somewhere that another simmer said that you could complete the mixologist branch and then get a degree in culinary to then complete the other branch.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack