Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The first image of the world gives me Friday the 13th vibes I would much have preferred a slasher pack now I want one and it will never happen. As many have said no body hair I guess at this point its time to give up hope of it ever coming seeing as they went the furies route with the werewolves its never going to happen since Generations is also a no.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I don’t see a cat, nor a fox or lynx.
    I see a Sims wolf.
    People need to get the hollywoodized beasty image out of their heads, it’s not phasmo, it’s not meant to be scary.

In that bad blurry picture I can see why people are seeing a cat. I think the fox is partly due to the color.
    But in the much better picture, I don't see a cat at all. I see a canine. That is a canine head!
    I can't wait to see how it actually looks in game!

NySLo7g.png

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Luna Villareal is another sim with an appropriately wolfie name.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Is it going to be the usual time drop, 10 pst?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    So now that we get werewolves, is anyone gonna make a 'Being human' household? Not sure if I'd make it myself, but I like the idea. :p

I'm not sure if I will or not, but a Being Human inspired household did pop in my head. I enjoyed the original. All of my vamps are currently evil, and I actually have never played with a ghost yet, so this would be an interesting way for me to get several new game elements. If I did though, it would be unfortunate I couldn't have Annie not be visible to humans..
    Yeah, I wish there was a mod for that - If you included occults and mediums so only they could see ghosts unless specifically haunted that would be fantastic. I wonder how hard that would be to make?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    So now that we get werewolves, is anyone gonna make a 'Being human' household? Not sure if I'd make it myself, but I like the idea. :p

I'm not sure if I will or not, but a Being Human inspired household did pop in my head. I enjoyed the original. All of my vamps are currently evil, and I actually have never played with a ghost yet, so this would be an interesting way for me to get several new game elements. If I did though, it would be unfortunate I couldn't have Annie not be visible to humans..
    Yeah, I wish there was a mod for that - If you included occults and mediums so only they could see ghosts unless specifically haunted that would be fantastic. I wonder how hard that would be to make?

I would LOVE that.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

I would LOVE that.
    Does anyone know a kind modder that also would love that? :p
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Can't wait to see the trailer!!!!! I always wanted more occults in The Sims 4 and I'm really curious to see werewolves in action. Yeah, the werewolf in the render seems more like a fursuit, but maybe it's just the render impression. With this pack I'm gonna create my werewolf-vampire couple from The Sims 3, with maybe their kids already
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Also what if they gave us zombies too with this pack? In The Sims 3 zombies, just like werewolves (and fairies), were very connected to the lunar cycle; I think it will probably come with the pack or an update pre-pack, so they might implement this other minor occult like in ts3. And that might also mean graveyards coming back!!!!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    edited June 2022
    I don’t see a cat, nor a fox or lynx.
    I see a Sims wolf.
    People need to get the hollywoodized beasty image out of their heads, it’s not phasmo, it’s not meant to be scary.

What people have been conjuring up about looks of werewolves throughout the years is just based on fear and how to make people scared of wolves. My guess it originated from a scared farmer who got his sheep’s eaten by a wild wolf.
    Imo werewolves have always just been humans in wolf form, looking just like wolves.

Sorry for being a negative nancy.
    I’m just getting affected about everyone else’s negativity regarding the looks of the poor wolfy. Which imo looks great!

When I said I saw a lynx, that was how the very first picture of the cover art looked on my phone. Once I saw the second picture my opinion changed completely, because it showed the wolf features much clearer. I'm with you, I love these wolfies and I can't wait to get the pack.

AH-oooooo🐺
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've put the render quickly through Photoshop and gave the werewolf black/dark grey fur (which is more common) and it's helped quite a bit. I think the brown fur gives it that 'feline' look people have been saying

NySLo7g.png
    Anyway I'm a fan of the way they've approached the werewolves, much better than previous iterations of the Sims imo.. And you can't please everyone it's impossible :D
    Post edited by gc6164 on
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    I've put the render quickly through Photoshop and gave the werewolf black/dark grey fur (which is more common) and it's helped quite a bit. I think the brown fur gives it that 'feline' look people have been saying

Anyway I'm a fan of the way they've approached the werewolves, much better than previous iterations of the Sims imo.. And you can't please everyone it's impossible :D

But now no match.
    No sure is here said it,, but at photo in fact there are 3 sims
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    I've put the render quickly through Photoshop and gave the werewolf black fur (which is more common) and it's helped quite a bit. I think the brown fur gives it that 'feline' look people have been saying

NySLo7g.png

Where it was looking feline to me at first was the slightly grainier image and that it was a wider shot, so the details weren't as sharp. Everything after that was definitively wolflike.

I love that black coat in your recolor. It really does make it even more wolflike.

• Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    TBH I think alot of people are going to be abit disappointed with the werewolves just because its not possible to have everybodys ideal wolfie!!

Im waiting for the CAS and build and buy...my one worry is that they have gone the gimmicky route. Id rather have a specific clothing style and build/buy style rather then just slapping loads of moons on a bunch of generic stuff!
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I've put the render quickly through Photoshop and gave the werewolf black fur (which is more common) and it's helped quite a bit. I think the brown fur gives it that 'feline' look people have been saying

NySLo7g.png

Where it was looking feline to me at first was the slightly grainier image and that it was a wider shot, so the details weren't as sharp. Everything after that was definitively wolflike.

I love that black coat in your recolor. It really does make it even more wolflike.

Yea I was the same, the grainy image really did it no justice lol
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    Not long now! Can't wait for the trailer!
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Not long now! Can't wait for the trailer!

I can't wait either... I've been wanting Werewolves for years. This is probably the most excited I've been for any pack so far!
    He/Him
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member

NySLo7g.png

The recolor looks way more wolf like. I hope we can edit the wolf form in CAS and change the color of the fur.

I actually like the look of the werewolf. In sims 2 they were just hairy persons, in sims 3 hairy person with a flat face. This one actually looks like a wolf head (or fox in that light brown color) I don't mind the absence of clothing if we can still use accessories to distinguish different werewolves.

It has been a long time since I was so excited for a pack. I can't wait to finally see the trailer this evening. (according to simscommunity.info it will drop at 5pm CET)
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    It's a cute humanized wolf, perfect match to the Sims 4.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Do we know what time the trailer/news will drop today?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Kitties & Wolfies in the pack. I'm more giddy now. :D:pB)<3;)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

NySLo7g.png

I think darkening does help. But I feel like a lot of (at least my) issues is that the fur isn't long/shaggy enough and it really does look like a catsuit from Cats because of it. The snout I feel like should be a little longer but that may just be an angle issue with the picture.

Another aspect to consider that because this is the werewolf form of a female sim it may be a bit more slender in design compared to potentially other options.

Either way, it's really not a big deal as long as we get a good variety of other options. What we're presented with really isn't that bad it just may not be for everyone. Sims 4 is always gonna have cartoony PG13 content and we aren't gonna get anything too wild.

I just hope we get a good variety of options for customization. Especially since it seems we're not gonna be able to have them wear clothes while in wolf form, having a large variety of wolf form customizations is going to be key.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Do we know what time the trailer/news will drop today?

8am PDT 11am EST
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm having to force myself to work right now. I am so excited I am practically bouncing! Aaarrooooo!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited June 2022
    It's the ears that make it not look like a wolf to me. They are too tall and pointy. Google wolf pictures. Their ears are shorter, wider, and more rounded at the points. But there are some types of foxes with somewhat taller pointier ears like that, so it immediately looked like a fox to me. Hopefully this is a feature we can customize though, so that likely won't matter to me.

What I'm not fond of is how human shaped the legs are (in the full body view image that was leaked yesterday). It looks like a human in a "wolf suit" for a stage performance of the big bad wolf in "Little Red Ridinghood", rather than a werewolf to me. This is the other reason I'm hoping for clothes being possible. I'm looking at that creature and thinking, "Man, he really needs a Regency era tailcoat and a top hat!" :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top