Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about more realistic childbirth?

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Absolutely not!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Uhhhhhh.... no😬
    Somethings are best left to the imagination.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am not against maybe some more details with say a pack on babies, but I agree that this is a bit much. Too serious for the general tone of 4, really.

I don't care much for babies, so it wouldn't be high on my list anyway, but the last thing I would want is a reason to avoid the system.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, I don't want more realistic childbirth, or real world illnesses either.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Not something I'm interested in! That would be a hard pass for me!
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited June 2022
    Id like to see a midwife in game and I love that Sims 4 has the pregnancy test, but this all seems too much. Also besides that & the mod, Id also never, ever want to see any dangerous delivery in the sims or abortion. Never.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'm really content with the current way. The more realistic way is way too... disturbing...

Plus, I really don't know what this would do to the age rating.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    No, no, no thank you. I remember my experience giving birth to my daughter, it's a very, very painful experience. Yes, she's my precious daughter & I love her so much but giving birth is like a feeling of your body being ripped apart. I would not want the poor sims going through that.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    What do you mean babies don't just come in a crib in sparkling cloud as you and your partner shower the new babe with applause?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BoyolloBoyollo Posts: 18 Member
    Oh god no, aside from the fact that oart of the charm of the sims is its mix of life simulation and wacky situations, this just feels too much realism and would probably increase the age rating, which would probably reduce sales, making it an illogical decision to make in EA's point of view.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    I'm not against adding realism into my game, but only in the form of mods. Adding things like that, to me, would reduce the charm The Sims has always been known for, like how giving birth causes sparkles to appear or Woo-Hoo creates hearts and steam. The Sims has usually done a goofier and more light-hearted take on things and it should continue to do that.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Nope. Not for me. Some things should stay in the realm of mods.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The Sims is supposed to be a whimsical and satirical and slightly sarcastic life simulation. It was never meant to be super serious and hyper realistic and frankly it’s disheartening to see people pushing it in that direction. It’s supposed to be lighthearted and fun.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry to say this op but this time i have to disagree with this keep the sims fun sure ilike realisimin game but i also went to the ga,e to remain fun
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2022
    Uhhhhhh.... no😬
    Somethings are best left to the imagination.

I've tried it I really like the mod and its not graphic or anything like that it just allows for the sims husband or wife to support them
    and it gives some time to take some nice pics of the mom holding the baby. its like a movie not real life. @Babykittyjade its how I got this pic of my avatar.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    Lol, well it looks like I am in the minority with you, @Mak27. I would prefer more realistic childbirth. I remember back when people said they couldn't do breast feeding, and I didn't see why. We have woohoo, so why can't they. I don't want to see a sim crying, and screaming, and I don't want to see a sims hoo hoo, or a slimy baby.. But I hate that stupid machine they go into. Just a little scene of them in a hospital bed, maybe a few heavy breaths, and a doctor catching the baby behind a mosaic blur of course.. It would be cool, if you could have a birthing partner that holds their hand, and looks excited..

I think it could be done is Sim style to not be weird, and be a touching scene. I think it's easy to hear of something being added like this that is rough in reality, and forget that Maxis would make it light, and whimsical, with just the "idea" of reality..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    there is a mosaic blur in the mod @Chaotic_Moira and the pushing isn't long ether
  • Options
    Id like to see a midwife in game and I love that Sims 4 has the pregnancy test, but this all seems too much. Also besides that & the mod, Id also never, ever want to see any dangerous delivery in the sims or abortion. Never.

there is no abortion in the mod and there is no danger to your sim @StrawberryYogurt
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

there is no abortion in the mod and there is no danger to your sim @StrawberryYogurt

Thats good to hear. I see its not in the mod but on the discussion of a more realistic childbirth, those are topics I hope will not be introduced in the sims.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Claire Siobhan used it in one of her videos. It looked like something I might enjoy if I were a legacy player. It was sweet and not too realistic.

As a rotation player, I don't usually want to take this much time since I have quite a few babies. I would like a simpler version of the mod. Maybe just giving birth in a real delivery bed and holding the baby afterwards. I don't need all of the labor and pre-delivery stuff.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I have often said the game needs a bit more realism. However, this is a step a bit too far in my opinion.
  • Options
    there is a mosaic blur in the mod @Chaotic_Moira and the pushing isn't long ether

Yeah I actually have seen the mod. It is saved on my list of mods to try out, I just haven't got to it yet.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options

Thats good to hear. I see its not in the mod but on the discussion of a more realistic childbirth, those are topics I hope will not be introduced in the sims.

Even if they added more realistic child birth, they would attempt to do it in a fun, and playful way. They would never have abortion in the game, same as they would never put things like Christianity, or murder in the game. It would ruin the rating, and be too controversially divisive. They are very aware that death by childbirth isn't something one could casually make playful..

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    While the cuddling the baby is cute, I wouldn't want anything else pertaining to realistic childbirth in my game.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel