Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Greg Corner

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    I have mixed emotions about our finding Greg. On the one hand it's good to know who, what, and where he is. No offense to @CAPTAIN_NXR7 but I'm so much happier knowing that Greg isn't a Frog Dog Monster like Captain is. I'm very happy he is a werewolf.

On the other hand, looking for Greg in every cabana and tawdry male exotic dance club was hard work and huge fun!

Of course the men who work in those places probably don't play the Sims, so they don't know that we found Greg, so technically the search can continue!

giphy.gif

No offense taken @DaniRose2143. Truth is, I’m a Sims playing exotic Werestripper dressed up as a Frog Dog Monster (which is just part of the act) and now I’d have to tell all the oily boys at the cabana banana clubs that you’ve found Greg and that they’re no longer needed. What a shame.

Or I can keep my snout shut and say nothin’, however it comes with a price: Myself and Gregory get to have Moonwood Mill all to ourselves. No offense either, but we both require ample space to rampage and we don’t want neighbors. No it’s not what you think, poor Greg’s going through a heartbreak!! He needs my support and at the same time I need to find a way to take over Moonwood in its entirety and eventually dispose of cranky Gre-* cough* but you can have your fancy dancers. Deal?

Deal! AHOOOOOO!

I was planning to make my home in the Bramblewood with my nice dank tunnel to get me to and from Moonwood Mill and my pack meetings.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    My sim will push his patience to the edge until he bites her. I want to experience a bite not asked for LOL
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @mcrudd your baby avatar is unexpectedly creepy. well done (?)

• Options
    @mcrudd your baby avatar is unexpectedly creepy. well done (?)

Hahahaha its my werebaby <3 Here is a bigger version, so you can experience all the creepyness :D

kqvWQ5a.jpg
  • Options
    Creepy? Nah, not to me anyway.🙂

Adorable? Absolutely.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I have mixed emotions about our finding Greg. On the one hand it's good to know who, what, and where he is. No offense to @CAPTAIN_NXR7 but I'm so much happier knowing that Greg isn't a Frog Dog Monster like Captain is. I'm very happy he is a werewolf.

On the other hand, looking for Greg in every cabana and tawdry male exotic dance club was hard work and huge fun!

Of course the men who work in those places probably don't play the Sims, so they don't know that we found Greg, so technically the search can continue!

giphy.gif

No offense taken @DaniRose2143. Truth is, I’m a Sims playing exotic Werestripper dressed up as a Frog Dog Monster (which is just part of the act) and now I’d have to tell all the oily boys at the cabana banana clubs that you’ve found Greg and that they’re no longer needed. What a shame.

Or I can keep my snout shut and say nothin’, however it comes with a price: Myself and Gregory get to have Moonwood Mill all to ourselves. No offense either, but we both require ample space to rampage and we don’t want neighbors. No it’s not what you think, poor Greg’s going through a heartbreak!! He needs my support and at the same time I need to find a way to take over Moonwood in its entirety and eventually dispose of cranky Gre-* cough* but you can have your fancy dancers. Deal?

Deal! AHOOOOOO!

I was planning to make my home in the Bramblewood with my nice dank tunnel to get me to and from Moonwood Mill and my pack meetings.

DEAL!

The Bramblewood is such a quaint little place. <3

*prepares for tunnelsystem "upgrade"*
    😈

giphy.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I plan on having Shea befriend him, or at least try. I'm also thinking if she can befriend him she can use him as muscle to fend off other packs. I don't know about romance between them but I'll never say never. I'm still undecided if she will be a lone wolf or join one of the packs. I might have her join one of the packs until she befriends him and then they go off and form some sort of team.

If not I may have him and Judith Ward get cozy and he can fend off paparazzi and take out her rage when she doesn't get a role or award.

I think you're on to something with Judith.

With that thought, I think Judith might be Greg's ex wife. It will now be headcanon in my game.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I plan on having Shea befriend him, or at least try. I'm also thinking if she can befriend him she can use him as muscle to fend off other packs. I don't know about romance between them but I'll never say never. I'm still undecided if she will be a lone wolf or join one of the packs. I might have her join one of the packs until she befriends him and then they go off and form some sort of team.

If not I may have him and Judith Ward get cozy and he can fend off paparazzi and take out her rage when she doesn't get a role or award.

With that thought, I think Judith might be Greg's ex wife. It will now be headcanon in my game.

What a brilliant idea! It was a Moon-crossed romance...Maybe she ran away to avoid the bite, or maybe he sent her away after becoming a beast. Maybe he bit a paparazzi-Or maybe I'm just feverish with excitement over this pack. I have no ideas of my own, right now.
  • Options
    @LiELF @Isharell My inspiration is contagious. I've got my next story idea taking shape in my head. A female werewolf falls in love with a male, or female, spellcaster amid a four-sided war between werewolves, vampires, spellcasters, and non-occult humans. This should be epic!

Now all I need is a certain game pack and time.
  • Options
    @LiELF @Isharell My inspiration is contagious. I've got my next story idea taking shape in my head. A female werewolf falls in love with a male, or female, spellcaster amid a four-sided war between werewolves, vampires, spellcasters, and non-occult humans. This should be epic!

Yeeeessss! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »

What a brilliant idea! It was a Moon-crossed romance...Maybe she ran away to avoid the bite, or maybe he sent her away after becoming a beast. Maybe he bit a paparazzi-Or maybe I'm just feverish with excitement over this pack. I have no ideas of my own, right now.

I think my story with them will be that she is Greg's Fated Mate. They had a good marriage but as her fame took off and she pursued her dream career, he became cursed with Lycanthropy. His uncontrollable outbursts were risking her reputation (and possibly safety) and a hard choice had to be made. It was messy, it was emotional, but they parted ways in bitterness, both bearing too much pride to take their own part of responsibility.

Judith tried to marry several times after that to forget, but she lost the capability to truly fall in love again. She now focuses only on her career, on herself, the spotlight, and tries to forget Greg as she fills her large home with material superficiality that means nothing to her. She probably drinks a little too much juice.

Greg has gone into isolation; lost, angry, salty, and ever unwillingly pining for his Mate. He hates the world, he hates himself, he wants no friendship, and he is becoming more of a monster as time passes.

If Judith ever shows up in Moonwood Mill, I might have to take the story further and play her. We'll see what my game decides, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

I think my story with them will be that she is Greg's Fated Mate. They had a good marriage but as her fame took off and she pursued her dream career, he became cursed with Lycanthropy. His uncontrollable outbursts were risking her reputation (and possibly safety) and a hard choice had to be made. It was messy, it was emotional, but they parted ways in bitterness, both bearing too much pride to take their own part of responsibility.

Judith tried to marry several times after that to forget, but she lost the capability to truly fall in love again. She now focuses only on her career, on herself, the spotlight, and tries to forget Greg as she fills her large home with material superficiality that means nothing to her. She probably drinks a little too much juice.

Greg has gone into isolation; lost, angry, salty, and ever unwillingly pining for his Mate. He hates the world, he hates himself, he wants no friendship, and he is becoming more of a monster as time passes.

If Judith ever shows up in Moonwood Mill, I might have to take the story further and play her. We'll see what my game decides, lol.

This sounds like a great story! "if she shows up" come on, where doesn't she show up? I swear, I think I've seen her in Batuu.

Yes, she is forever wandering, searching for a way to fill up the void in her soul...
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I'm not sure yet. I have many idea but I'm kinda trying to hold off on concreting an idea one until I can actually see what he's like in game and what his limitations are. I know for sure, my sim fated to be my first werewolf I like the idea of him being turned by Greg, becoming his friend, some sort of story there, hopefully that's an option(the turning part). I have a romantic idea as well but gregs wedding ring and avelina story has me wondering if there will be limitations there as well as if adding him to my family generate a new Greg and all that. So kinda just hanging out and waiting for new information.
  • Options

Yeeeessss! <3

It's going to take a couple of weeks before I start playing and posting, but I'm going to put it in creative corner and do it like my other story. I'm still sketching out the story, I need to think up a name, and create some characters. I'm posting updates in the Blue Moon thread as I go about setting it up.
  • Options

I like what you've come up with so far, it sounds great. I'm starting to like letting them steer the story with less micromanaging on my part.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited June 2022
    My Greg story is boring, and I wouldn't want it any different. To me he is (dare I say it?) just an npc, a minor boss at best.

Moonwood Mills used to be part of the mining empire of the McGavin clan. The clan's american branch is still influential, not to mention wealthy, but they've turned to other endeavors, so Moonwood Mills is abandoned. Greg's mom was the last foreman, she didn't want to leave the town and someone had to keep the rabble out of McGavin turf anyway. So next lots of plot that I cannot reveal yet in case I want to post the story here happened, leaving Greg a feral werewolf. He has no recollection of what has happened or that he used to be a human and is stuck in an endless present, feeling neither fear of nor wants for the future.
    The important part is that so far there were no werewolves in the world. Now they are there, Greg was the first and one of my sims is directly responsible for this.

One year later:

Of all of this Logan McGavin only knows that pesky gangs have moved into Moonwood Mills. The situation is now at the point where Logan has no choice but to involve *gasp* outsiders. Fortunately one of my cop sims, the vampire Captain Reed, is a distant McGavin relative. Reed agrees to investigate in Moonwood Mills together with two other sims that conveniently don't have an occult state yet.
  • Options
    Creepy? Nah, not to me anyway.🙂

Adorable? Absolutely.

aww thank you <3
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    My Greg story is boring, and I wouldn't want it any different. To me he is (dare I say it?) just an npc, a minor boss at best.

Moonwood Mills used to be part of the mining empire of the McGavin clan. The clan's american branch is still influential, not to mention wealthy, but they've turned to other endeavors, so Moonwood Mills is abandoned. Greg's mom was the last foreman, she didn't want to leave the town and someone had to keep the rabble out of McGavin turf anyway. So next lots of plot that I cannot reveal yet in case I want to post the story here happened, leaving Greg a feral werewolf. He has no recollection of what has happened or that he used to be a human and is stuck in an endless present, feeling neither fear of nor wants for the future.
    The important part is that so far there were no werewolves in the world. Now they are there, Greg was the first and one of my sims is directly responsible for this.

One year later:

Of all of this Logan McGavin only knows that pesky gangs have moved into Moonwood Mills. The situation is now at the point where Logan has no choice but to involve *gasp* outsiders. Fortunately one of my cop sims, the vampire Captain Reed, is a distant McGavin relative. Reed agrees to investigate in Moonwood Mills together with two other sims that conveniently don't have an occult state yet.

This sounds like anything but boring!! 🤭
    I would read this adventure.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love that Greg backstory, very cool. ;)B)
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I have a family I've been playing since like... Before ROM... Greg will be my new heir.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member

One year later:

This sounds like anything but boring!! 🤭
    I would read this adventure.

Maybe I should have written mundane instead of boring. The save is pretty wild and I'm ever so glad I took it out of retirement.
  • Options

I like what you've come up with so far, it sounds great. I'm starting to like letting them steer the story with less micromanaging on my part.

Thank you! And yeah, that's how I like to play, a lot less micromanaging. I like to let my Sims tell me what they want, show me a direction, so that the stories are unpredictable and sort of tell themselves. I always look for "signs" in my game for what to do next, like who a Sim gravitates to or walks away from, where they show up randomly, facial expressions, even what objects they use first. There are some Sims who I have a good idea of in my head, so I might direct them accordingly, but then I'll take them somewhere to watch how they behave and pluck a story path from what I see. I used to use the Whims a lot in Sims 2, as well as the Matchmaker and the "Scan Room" and then see how my Sims got along with others via Zodiac compatibility, but without those things in Sims 4 I've learned to improvise a bit, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

Thank you! And yeah, that's how I like to play, a lot less micromanaging. I like to let my Sims tell me what they want, show me a direction, so that the stories are unpredictable and sort of tell themselves. I always look for "signs" in my game for what to do next, like who a Sim gravitates to or walks away from, where they show up randomly, facial expressions, even what objects they use first. There are some Sims who I have a good idea of in my head, so I might direct them accordingly, but then I'll take them somewhere to watch how they behave and pluck a story path from what I see. I used to use the Whims a lot in Sims 2, as well as the Matchmaker and the "Scan Room" and then see how my Sims got along with others via Zodiac compatibility, but without those things in Sims 4 I've learned to improvise a bit, lol.

Lately when first enter the game i have to take control and force that sim to do 1 or 2 actions otherwise they will stand there doing nothing forever. Not sure why, and it's only that first action on the sim to start play with in that session.

I still jump in and nudge them if they've gone more than a couple of days without autonomously doing a particular action I want done for storytelling purposes. The save I have going right now, I had to schedule a date for two sims who weren't doing it themselves. Once they arrived at the location I let them take it from there.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    For some reason I want my sim to be obsessed with lore and get turned by Greg. She is also going to fall madly in love with him and help bring him back into civilization. I’m a little conflicted on it though. Is Greg a ghost werewolf (it kind of looked like it in the videos)? If so, even better because it’s more of a challenge. However, I don’t want a new Greg to respawn if I move him into somewhere so I don’t know how I’ll get around that loophole. Also, who is Aveline? Has any more info come about her? Is she his fated mate? Is she playable? All of these things may affect where I want to take my storyline.