Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Greg Corner

Comments

• Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    LOL Greg feels like a real Sim in your game! I had him in my Sim's home after woohoo but all he did was leave again running back to his spot in the woods. He did not touch anything in her home. I just saw some XML tuning files for fated mates and realized Greg is on the blacklist for being fated mate! So I don't think any Sim will ever have him as their fated mate. I think it's odd after all Avelina is dead and the bond should have been broken after that! So not sure why he can't be a fated mate! Thankful though that he can be romanced with.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I've been trying to build up a friendship with him with multiple saves, trying different sims. My were was doing the Lone Wolf aspiration so she already had to seek him out and defeat him and they had a negative relationship. Even after taking a ton of photos to get their friendship up, there only seems to be a few hours to talk to him or attempt to get his mood up before the switch flips. He attacked her and of course the friendship she built up tanked again into the red.

Then I tried as a vampire which I knew would be even harder. But this vampire is very nice and has positive character values from childhood. She isn't mean to anybody. Greg attacked her on sight.

Then I tried with my mermaid/spellcaster family. I sent my spellcaster over to make contact. I took a bunch of pictures, got his friendship up, but he was still very angry and it was difficult to have a conversation with him. But my spellcaster has maxed out everything and I had him use "Beguile" on him to get Greg flirty and eventually got him to tell part of his story. I had to return a few times to get more of the story. I haven't gotten it all yet because he gets ragey after a few hours so I know just to leave once you can't communicate normally with him. So I think my best bet is with the spellcaster. I might try with a non-occult too but spellcasters and mermaids have given me the most success with building up a friendship. I'll keep at it.
    You know what I wonder? What if you add Greg to your household with cheats or MCCC? What happens if you got to the signs and investigate then? Will a second Greg be spawned in? Just to keep the story and lore going? While we have the Greg in our household that we first interacted with? Did anyone try this?
  • panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    @Tanja1986 I would suggest reading through this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/vewid9/comment/icsqmya/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Essentially if you add him into your household with cheats, another Greg will NOT spawn. I guess there's only one him! But what makes Greg special is that he has a special trait called "Greg trait". This trait is what makes sure he resets and acts all angry and moody.

You can also remove the trait and he becomes more like a regular sim but he still has anger issues (lol). I don't know how this could affect the game but I will give it a shot later sometime and see how it turns out. I have a story in my head where eventually he wants to have a family and after some work might decide to join the household. Based on the lore it seems he can't control himself :( Aveline pretty much confirms that he just looses himself in anger.
  • panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    @Finvola so from my experience he is super aggressive on sight to Vampires and Werewolves. It might be easier to befriend him and romance him as a human or spellcaster but I've only tried as a Vampire because I wanted the challenge and had a very specific story in my head lol

Charisma 10 and "Beguiling" plus one more skill from the vampire skill tree where the things that finally helped!
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2022
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    LOL Greg feels like a real Sim in your game! I had him in my Sim's home after woohoo but all he did was leave again running back to his spot in the woods. He did not touch anything in her home. I just saw some XML tuning files for fated mates and realized Greg is on the blacklist for being fated mate! So I don't think any Sim will ever have him as their fated mate. I think it's odd after all Avelina is dead and the bond should have been broken after that! So not sure why he can't be a fated mate! Thankful though that he can be romanced with.

He can be fated mate if you remove the hidden trait. I did it and he became my sim’s (wizard, now werewolf) fated mate. It’s super easy. I’m on console so, yeah, no mods for me. But if you add him to the household (only with cheat) there is no Greg in your game except for “tamed Greg” lol. I still think it’s great for storytelling purpose. For example we can do all we want to achieve (aspirations, even fight the guy) and at the end Greg decides (or something happens) to get back to the normal side of life or he tries once again to defeat his anger or whatever the player wants. Having bad relationship with him from fight can even add to the challenge. When I was playing my goal was that I’m adding him to the family only when my sim becomes good friends with him and have slight romance bar while he was still npc.

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I cheated him into the house for my story, seems to be alright I double saved before I did though just in case I have to go back, I have to look up the cheat to remove the trait he can be jealous and mean and that will be enough moodiness for him.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I got better results when I started a new save with a spellcaster. She had a few skills but no spells or perks to give her an advantage but Greg seemed to take a real liking to her and was always in a playful mood when she visited. She is a romance sim but her flirty mood always got overridden by her being scared around him so she didn't have that on her side either. But somehow romance blossomed and now she is expecting her first baby with him. She's non-committal so she's ok with not being able to move him in. Woot, that was no easy feat. I guess it was just down to me picking the right sim.
    edited June 2022
    Finvola wrote: »
    I got better results when I started a new save with a spellcaster. She had a few skills but no spells or perks to give her an advantage but Greg seemed to take a real liking to her and was always in a playful mood when she visited. She is a romance sim but her flirty mood always got overridden by her being scared around him so she didn't have that on her side either. But somehow romance blossomed and now she is expecting her first baby with him. She's non-committal so she's ok with not being able to move him in. Woot, that was no easy feat. I guess it was just down to me picking the right sim.

Yep, he hates wolves and vampires. He resets after some time, that’s what hidden trait does. Also even if the conversation goes well, next time you start again from attempt to communicate. He literally forgets that he talked to the sim, but when I added him to the family he did have friendship bar with my sim so that was “fake” forgetting. What surprised me though is the fact that he didn’t know anyone except my sim and he was supposed to despise all werewolves from the town. I mean it took me 2 weeks to add him and I’m not sure if this is enough time to completely forget despised sims. 🤔 That disappointed me because I wanted to play him and jump straight into everyone hates me kind of thing.
    But he has atrocious rep and, as a meanie, drops a nasty bomb every now and then, so it’s not like anyone liked him really lol.

Edit: And Greg is in playful mood because of his wolf temperament “menace” or ability to intimidate, I forgot. But every time this guy scares someone he feels playful. I played him and made Nancy Landgraab drop the wallet with 500. That’s his job literally. Bring some easy cash home. 😅
    Yeah in the days following, he wasn't open to communication. I was like "Geez, Greg you're a real gent" because now she was pregnant and he didn't want to talk to her. Not even when she was in labor. Poor thing waddled back home to have the baby. :D
    So I managed Greg to befriend a normal werewolf without any cheats. My sim was prime wolf with good trait, loner and slob. But she does have good traits from parenthood, all of them except for responsibility. He was raging during full moon I went there and he came himself to talk to her. I was 100 % sure he will beat her up, but he didn’t lol. He accepted talk so I made polite introduction. It worked on him and after short conversation they got positive sentiment. Then she got back, he was enraged again, but accepted friendly questions from her again. So I just want to say, it is possible! 🥹 without cheats! he doesn’t hate werewolves eternally! Thanks to parenthood probably.

Funny thing: my sim just found his diary and was reading it and then she asked him about Moonwood and his answers was about diary: I don’t know what happened to my diary. It’s not like I write anymore.
    It was such an amazing coincidence. 😉
    LOL I created a new Sim to see if she can get better communication going than the first one. Not sure what exactly the criteria are, but maybe instead of friendly interactions he likes mischief to bring him to his playful mood, before he becomes angry again! I added him to her family and now he is constantly disturbing her bees and rummaging in the trash and taking it out, to drop it and search in it... LOL

Is there a way to release him from the family again? I want to get his story before I add him and remove his special trait! I don't think I can do that with him IN the family, or can I? He can do all sorts of things on my Sim, but she has to attempt to communicate and right now he doesn't want to... However he can just chat away with her when I make him interact with her
    I came back to show a couple things I thought you guys might like if not...look anyways? Lol.
    I took them out of my story for you anyhow.
    PAS8H6h.png
    Right there he realized maybe he could like this busy body...er lady.
    0aLdeUE.png
    And I very slightly tweaked his human form here he found something else out he really likes how she smells which makes the cloud or fumes appear around her, just can't see it when i'm controlling her.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

They did this to match the lore. They said in the livestream that a werewolf only ever has one fated mate in a lifetime so even though Avelina is dead she’s still his one and only fated mate. <3
    edited June 2022
    I am laughing at how impatient he gets with his toddler sometimes. I guess she asked "why?" too many times. :D My sim just had a set of twins with him too, no idea if they will be spellcasters or weres yet. A boy and a girl. I think her current living arrangements suit her fine as she's non-committal so she just crosses the river for a woohoo and a chat and sometimes he follows her home to visit. He ate all her breadsticks.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    He ate all her breadsticks.

lol XD

The only thing I can't seem to do is remove the greg trait unless it's called something else.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    I have uncovered troubling evidence that there is an interloper posing as Greg in my game. Here is the evidence....
    uN4GYy7.png?1

An umbrella? This clearly cannot be Greg. Greg laughs at mere rain. HaHa says Greg to the rain in his mighty voice. Greg isn't afraid to get wet, water is afraid of making Greg wet. The imposter was promptly chased away, but we must remain vigilant that he does not return.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @DaniRose2143 In your game, when you saw him in the Bramblewood, had you by any chance built a tunnel entrance in HoB? I know some people were talking about doing that since you can apparently place the tunnel entrances in other worlds. That would make way too much sense for the Sims 4, but it would be amazing if placing that tunnel in other worlds would allow for Greg to pop through.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @GirafHuntr No, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I built that basement wolf den of Ava's afterwards. Not 100% sure, but reasonably sure.

Speaking of the tunnel entrance, has anybody else placed one outside of Moonwood? Something weird happened with mine. When Ava tried to go from her basement to Moonwood in her wolf form she kept popping back into her basement. I tried three times to send her through and it kept bringing her back to the basement. As soon as I switched her to her human form, she went through no problem at all.
    The only thing I can't seem to do is remove the greg trait unless it's called something else.

trait_wolftown_greg

That’s the right name. I used it and it worked.

LOL I created a new Sim to see if she can get better communication going than the first one. Not sure what exactly the criteria are, but maybe instead of friendly interactions he likes mischief to bring him to his playful mood, before he becomes angry again! I added him to her family and now he is constantly disturbing her bees and rummaging in the trash and taking it out, to drop it and search in it... LOL

Is there a way to release him from the family again? I want to get his story before I add him and remove his special trait! I don't think I can do that with him IN the family, or can I? He can do all sorts of things on my Sim, but she has to attempt to communicate and right now he doesn't want to... However he can just chat away with her when I make him interact with her

If he still has trait maybe you can. Game doesn’t generate new one so it may work.
    I preferred to do stuff with him before I add him to family. Although non of my sims is going to fight him (lone wolf aspiration) and communicating with him is something that Volkov encourages but it’s not requirement. But I wanted my sim to be friends with him before I play him. She managed to talk to him the second time and they have this sentiment happy from memories. So it’s going well, she is werewolf from the start. It’s much harder than with wizard but it’s still possible. Except for polite introduction at the start the parenthood traits are useless with Greg. 😅

• Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I played with my first werewolf Apollo when the pack came out, went to Greg and it was actually a friendly conversation. Greg has my heart.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »

trait_wolftown_greg

That’s the right name. I used it and it worked.

it being called wolftown greg implies existence of other town Gregs >:)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @Olalla1986 thank you!
    @Simmingal or maybe the greg is a lie and it's just a few different guys changing out everytime you look away and sometimes they mix up his emotions, that's their trigger phase to get it together.

:o hmmmmmmmmm
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png