Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    @To7m hope you stick around. Always like seeing what you have to say.

@HIFreeBirdIH I voted. It depends. I don't really find the forums as toxic as I do some of the forumites. I also have to say after all the backlash regarding Drake's message, I'm glad I stayed out of that thread. I've honestly been past the point of caring about how much they hear us for some time. At this point, it seems like no right can be done and it's way past anyone being responsible for it. Every topic, both positive and negative, seems to bring forth an argument from the party vying for the other side. It is what it is at this point. Not much will change, I'm afraid.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Wow, very disappointed by Drake's comments. I understand what she's saying, and that it must be frustrating that we can't accept their lack of answers as answers... But I feel like EA is gas lighting its fans. The whole conversation between ea and the community is laughable.

EA: There will be all life stages.
    Fans: Yay!
    Ea: Actually we ran out of time, no toddlers.
    Fans: *panicked screaming*
    EA: Don't worry, the base game is strong and we can add all the things you are asking for.
    Fans: Oh good, so you plan on adding toddlers?
    Ea: What? Since when do you guys want toddlers? No no we meant we can add pools.
    Fans: Are you kidding? Of course we want complete life stages, this is a life sim!
    EA: Is it? Are you sure?
    Fans: What?! Yes! Stop being obtuse!
    EA: Ok ok we'll let you know what we've decided.
    Fans: ...
    EA: We've decided: More stuff packs!
    Fans: Ok... What about tod-
    EA: OMG WILL YOU STOP WITH THE TODDLERS GEEZE ENOUGH ALREADY!
    FAns: But... You said you'd let us know if...
    EA: Look, we talk about toddlers every day. We'll let you know.
    Fans: everyday for 2 years and still no decision? What are you guys doing over there?
    Ea: Look, you guys have no idea what goes into making a game. Just be quiet while we work. Trust us.
    Fans: Um, ok... I guess..
    EA: Big announcement!
    Fans: Omgomg is it...?
    EA: ...a seasonal event? You guessed it!
    Fans: So... Made any progress towards...
    EA: WOW rude we made you this awesome thing you didn't ask for and yet you continue to ask for missing features. No pleasing some people.
    Fans: We CAN be pleased, just let us know if toddlers are being worked on!
    EA: *fingers in ears* IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE, literally no way to please them.

I...I think I love you. i.e. I agree. So. Much.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I haven't been posting much but I do chime in on topics sometimes. It's sad to see so many leaving, but I understand 100% why. Not just only the forums but the whole TS4 side of the sims. This week's comments were just the tipping point for many. It's just so much wrong with everything surrounding this iteration of TS. It's clear that everyone is disappointed in some way or another, whether they want to address this or take is as a fact or not. The truth is the truth. And this isn't 3-4 years down the line, it's not even 2 yet! That's pretty scary IMO. I hope those of you find what you are looking for in other games and maybe one day if they cleanup their act, you'll return here.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    It's unfortunate to see so many leaving but I also have a feeling that there may have been some misunderstanding of the "concerns have an expiration date" comment. Unfortunately no one actually asked for clarification before the thread was closed, much of it was just a lot of anger (which I can't blame people for) and attacks.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    @HappySimmer3 I thought for a moment you were leaving us too! I think I may cry if anyone else goes. I don't know why but I feel really upset if people say they are leaving the sims or the forums, especially long time fans... but thank goodness you are still going to play the past games - yay for that!

I would suggest that people avoid ts4 forums at the moment, they are even worse than usual. But it's quite nice in some of the other forums.

You will find me in ts2 forum mostly at the moment. I'm feeling in a creative hood-editing mood this week and have therefore reinstalled the game and am trying to make a nice hood for my sim families to live in. I plan to make quite a few families to rotate around, like I am in ts4, and make them all a scrapbook with my book creator app. I am so excited (yet again lol). I had forgotten what a lot of hood decor is in the game, it's awesome. When I used to play it, before ts3 came out, I didn't really do anything with the hoods themselves except adding a few Lots. So this is all new to me.
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    I'll always pop into this thread every now and then, it's one of the few places left on the forum that feels genuinely comfortable to just chat away with fellow Simmers and listen to who's enjoying what in their game regardless of which iteration of the Sims they're playing.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Part of the reason why I kept "fighting the good fight" was due to the hope that if I continued to respectfully share my concerns and frustrations, that something positive would happen. After seeing what happened with SimCity 2013, I didn't want a repeat here. But there's no point if I'm just going to be ignored, told how wrong I am for feeling as I do, or even worse, shamed for what I say. I know I should have stopped reading, but I kept hoping that something would finally click, but it hasn't. They've made it pretty clear they don't want players like me. I don't matter to them. Too bad they didn't do that back in Summer of 2014, instead of all the pretty words to encourage us not to cancel our preorders.

It's pretty sad when the game I loved the absolute most out of any gaming I did, just leaves me feeling hollow.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Well good, @MrHawk ! I'm glad.
    You know, the TS3 sections are still quite active. Why don't you come and hang out there too occasionally :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Well good, @MrHawk ! I'm glad.
    You know, the TS3 sections are still quite active. Why don't you come and hang out there too occasionally :)

I will take you up on that!
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    I'm glad to see you'll still be around @MrHawk it's been a pretty tough few days here on the forums and it's awful to see so many Simmers leave.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I saw @esharpmajor is leaving :(

It's like the TS4 culling has spread to this forum :(
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I won't give them the satisfaction of getting rid of me. I've given up any hope of Sims4 being my game ever without CAS+ and the closed world system they have. I cannot live with that so....will still hang here and in Sims3 sections, but, am done with Sims4. I've pretty much said all I have to say and it goes in one ear, out the other and apparently has expired anyways. :confounded:
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    I know myself too well to ever say that I'm leaving but my god has this place become a ghost town. :(
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I'm still here...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited August 2016
    Part of the reason why I kept "fighting the good fight" was due to the hope that if I continued to respectfully share my concerns and frustrations, that something positive would happen. After seeing what happened with SimCity 2013, I didn't want a repeat here. But there's no point if I'm just going to be ignored, told how wrong I am for feeling as I do, or even worse, shamed for what I say. I know I should have stopped reading, but I kept hoping that something would finally click, but it hasn't. They've made it pretty clear they don't want players like me. I don't matter to them. Too bad they didn't do that back in Summer of 2014, instead of all the pretty words to encourage us not to cancel our preorders.

It's pretty sad when the game I loved the absolute most out of any gaming I did, just leaves me feeling hollow.

I have to agree with @Cabelle1863.

At this point, no one from Maxis wants to admit that the game engine for Sims 4 is unable to handle the additions we were told would be added two years ago. At least that is my theory after talking to my husband about it. I believe the pools were almost ready, but were not included at release because it still needed testing so they were added in with a patch shortly thereafter.

I remember the endless discussions about adding a color wheel or how much people would miss the colorable stuff from TS3 back before the release of TS4. People were told then that the game engine couldn't handle something like that as it wasn't designed to do so and it couldn't be added back in. I knew then that CC would be a big problem because after a while the game can only handle so much without be bogged down by endless recolors of the same tops, dresses, pants, shoes, etc. I had this issue in TS2. And I knew it would be a problem again.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I'm still here...

And we're very happy about that! :D

<3
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I'm still here...

<3

Some people might be ;)

But on a serious note it is a shame that some players feel like they have to leave. I think everyone has said they will leave once or twice, I have actually left about four times now although one of those times I left for only 5 minutes...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @To7m I hope you come back, even if it's just to chat and have a laugh. @MrHawk seriously pleased you are sticking around! @HappySimmer3 I will always love your posts about TS4, doesn't matter one bit to me that you aren't playing it, your post are always on point and we are all simmers. @esharpmajor your amazing posts will be missed.
    You know as a pretty new simmer to the forums this year has been quite a year. I wish I had joined earlier and had been able to enjoy the sims 3 years with you all. I always read this thread but, as you know, hardly ever post but this thread has been quite amazing.
    It's so disheartening when due to the situation long time members are leaving. And not just the forums but quitting the game and the company. You'd have thought customer retention would have been higher on their list of priorities. :(
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member

I'm still here...

You haven't bought TS4, right, so you haven't been infected. Neither have I :smiley:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I'm still here...

<3

Some people might be ;)

But on a serious note it is a shame that some players feel like they have to leave. I think everyone has said they will leave once or twice, I have actually left about four times now although one of those times I left for only 5 minutes...

I leave for 5 minutes at least 10 times a day haha.

But yeah, you're right ... It's a shame. And I find it very hard to wrap my head around any of this. Some of the people that left have been such a great inspiration to us, it's sad that they feel so frustrated about everything that's going on that they can't find it in them to engage on the forums at all anymore. I don't understand why some people think this is working :( But yeah...
  • Options

I'm still here...

You haven't bought TS4, right, so you haven't been infected. Neither have I :smiley:

Well I played the free trial so I only got effected for about two days ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I'm still here...

<3

Some people might be ;)

I leave for 5 minutes at least 10 times a day haha.

But yeah, you're right ... It's a shame. And I find it very hard to wrap my head around any of this. Some of the people that left have been such a great inspiration to us, it's sad that they feel so frustrated about everything that's going on that they can't find it in them to engage on the forums at all anymore. I don't understand why some people think this is working :( But yeah...

I don't think that anyone wants to leave for good. They just get frustrated with the disappointment that they might face or when the forums get heated it can get too much for some Simmers

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top