The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I remember that many here had problems with the bright loading screens, so I thought I´d post this here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=581674

Can´t wait to try it out myself.

I downloaded that, works great. I use the grey screen, so much easier on the eyes.
  • Options
    StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    *hugs* @sparkfairy1
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Just popping in while I'm hanging around for an answer from Drake on that other thread. Some of these pictures really make me want to fire up TS3 but I don't have time to game this weekend.

Hope everybody is well.

--T
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Just popping in while I'm hanging around for an answer from Drake on that other thread. Some of these pictures really make me want to fire up TS3 but I don't have time to game this weekend.

Hope everybody is well.

--T

I think that once you have loaded TS3 you will remember why you enjoyed it in the first place.

Feel free to pop over to the TS3 GD if you want ideas for news ways to play or maybe even share a few pics :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Hope everybody is well.

--T

I'm not quite sure if she'll be in today. She's probably still traveling to LAX, and then has to go all the way back to San Fran. I would expect something later today, but there's better chances of her coming back in tomorrow.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited August 2016
    My berry, what I read here is sad, but I understand :(
    I hope things will be back to the cheerfulness I usually see in this thread soon enough and that everyone will be ok ^^

@esharpmajor : Your "dialogue" between EA and the Fans gave me a good laugh and I liked reading it, it's so funny and accurate I think XD

And you all shared some really pretty and cute pics, I liked them :smiley:

Today, I played a bit and took some pics, I hope you'll enjoy them ^^

209679Screenshot38.png

796815Screenshot39.png

The children enjoy playing together and laughing at a good joke ^^

963028Screenshot40.png

Time for homework ;)

421401Screenshot41.png

403259Screenshot42.png

They're really cutes when they sleep ^^

407110Screenshot43.png

And another sunny day at the beach :smiley:
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited August 2016
    @linesa glad I could give u a giggle, you gave me a smile with your little purple haired Simmies! Cutest ones I've seen in a while!
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited August 2016
    You're welcome @esharpmajor ^^
    It's always good to laugh a little ^^

I'm glad you like that little family ^^
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Hey guys, I just got The Sims 2: Super Collection from the Mac App Store as a little present for myself after finishing my summer internship. It is so mind-blowing! I love it - it's so much fun! I feel so spoiled for choice with everything I can do. I started off with a hippie and her slacker husband who run a home business selling New Age trinkets; they have a teen son and a toddler daughter (who just aged up into a kid). I've never played with University before so I'm excited to send the son to University for the first time. I thought you guys might like to see the picture of the mom (Daisy) and her daughter (Breeze):

screen_shot_2016_08_21_at_5_10_06_pm_by_eldr_fire-daevx4v.png

@linesa - Thanks for sharing! Those are some of the cutest kids I've ever seen in Sims 3. :)
  • Options
    @esharpmajor Thanks I had a good laugh at that :smiley:

Also good pictures, @linesa and @Terra :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Wow, very disappointed by Drake's comments. I understand what she's saying, and that it must be frustrating that we can't accept their lack of answers as answers... But I feel like EA is gas lighting its fans. The whole conversation between ea and the community is laughable.

EA: There will be all life stages.
    Fans: Yay!
    Ea: Actually we ran out of time, no toddlers.
    Fans: *panicked screaming*
    EA: Don't worry, the base game is strong and we can add all the things you are asking for.
    Fans: Oh good, so you plan on adding toddlers?
    Ea: What? Since when do you guys want toddlers? No no we meant we can add pools.
    Fans: Are you kidding? Of course we want complete life stages, this is a life sim!
    EA: Is it? Are you sure?
    Fans: What?! Yes! Stop being obtuse!
    EA: Ok ok we'll let you know what we've decided.
    Fans: ...
    EA: We've decided: More stuff packs!
    Fans: Ok... What about tod-
    EA: OMG WILL YOU STOP WITH THE TODDLERS GEEZE ENOUGH ALREADY!
    FAns: But... You said you'd let us know if...
    EA: Look, we talk about toddlers every day. We'll let you know.
    Fans: everyday for 2 years and still no decision? What are you guys doing over there?
    Ea: Look, you guys have no idea what goes into making a game. Just be quiet while we work. Trust us.
    Fans: Um, ok... I guess..
    EA: Big announcement!
    Fans: Omgomg is it...?
    EA: ...a seasonal event? You guessed it!
    Fans: So... Made any progress towards...
    EA: WOW rude we made you this awesome thing you didn't ask for and yet you continue to ask for missing features. No pleasing some people.
    Fans: We CAN be pleased, just let us know if toddlers are being worked on!
    EA: *fingers in ears* IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE, literally no way to please them.

Still like TS4, but I HAD to click awesome on that.

What other thread are you talking about? Waiting for @SimGuruDrake commenting on what?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    @83bienchen Are you asking me? Not waiting on a comment, rather reacting to one. I was referring to the recent comments in the games con thread, I think sparky linked it a page or two back.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh how pretty !
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,307 Member
    Me reading some of the thread . Sigh You know read that Guru Drake said ."You will have to take a hard look at yourself and wonder if anything we do will ever truly make you happy" .I felt verry upset afterwards .I'm not blaming Drake, but what Ea uis doing is unprofessional.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited August 2016
    Wow, very disappointed by Drake's comments. I understand what she's saying, and that it must be frustrating that we can't accept their lack of answers as answers... But I feel like EA is gas lighting its fans. The whole conversation between ea and the community is laughable.

EA: Don't worry, the base game is strong and we can add all the things you are asking for.
    Ea: What? Since when do you guys want toddlers? No no we meant we can add pools.
    Fans: Are you kidding? Of course we want complete life stages, this is a life sim!
    Fans: everyday for 2 years and still no decision? What are you guys doing over there?
    Ea: Look, you guys have no idea what goes into making a game. Just be quiet while we work. Trust us.
    EA: WOW rude we made you this awesome thing you didn't ask for and yet you continue to ask for missing features. No pleasing some people.

It's scary and laughable how true this is. You smashed it. Totally hilarious.

@83bienchen Are you asking me? Not waiting on a comment, rather reacting to one. I was referring to the recent comments in the games con thread, I think sparky linked it a page or two back.

I think they're* talking to me; it was the Q&A thread in General Discussion @83bienchen

--T

*just realised I referred to you as a male. My apologies, I just assumed.
  • Options
    @mizuru007 Great picture! :smiley: Not seen any shooting stars in my game before though, I might have to do some research on that :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Dear @sparkfairy1 Take care and come back when you are ready. Sending you some BIG hugs <3
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    Everyone already seen this video?

<Video Reference Removed>
    @SimGuruDrake : He puts it just great and mentions you, so please look at it. Thank you.

I can only agree with the statements of SimGuruDrake, and I don't believe that The SimGurus or EA owe the community anything more than the standard product release notes, and notification of upcoming content in any manner and duration of their choosing.

No sane person(s) would persistently attack an organization for years with the expectation that they'll yield to the will of fanatics who behave as if they know more about product marketing, resource management, and entertainment value than corporate leaders of an international industry. It's extremely offensive that anyone has even dared to speak of the developers or the product in the manner that I've witnessed within these forums, especially while there is not a shred of valid evidence in support of the claims which have been presented as the reason for the hostility.

Regardless of strategy, the persistent community-wide negativity is very destructive, and the losses have become visible even to me as an outsider and consumer. SimGuruDrake is absolutely correct and I'll add that those who have nothing more to do with their time than focus on their inability to accomplish anything without having what they were never promised should try viewing their own lives from a new perspective. They might then discover that bugs and supposedly missing features have little to do with the problems that they're experiencing, and they'll likely also see a new solution which does not involve loss of anyone's project.
    Post edited by Forest_Ninja on
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

@esharpmajor best post of the century!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

rude statements, angry threads, EA... pfff, toddlers! I just want toddlers and family play... put the blame on me, I really want them

Screenshot-99_zps8ewzhf8u.jpg

Screenshot-100_zpsgttdzx13.jpg

Screenshot-101_zpsv1qpv0if.jpg

Screenshot-103_zps1tr4jdin.jpg

Screenshot-102_zpsgejbuwpw.jpg

Screenshot-106_zpsxwfu7prr.jpg

Screenshot-107_zps0smgvnod.jpg

Screenshot-108_zpsfac9tvvz.jpg

Screenshot-109_zpshloh2e83.jpg

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
    Wow all those harsh comments/statements from SimGuruDrake in the video... :open_mouth: Let the blaming games begin :tongue:
    Tumblr username; Renorasims.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top