The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I didn´t refer to anyone specifically, just wanted to know where to look for the thread where SimGuruDrake has been posting. Thanks for answering, @To7m .
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    at this time i just want an answer.
    I would rather hear them saying "we are working on them" without any other info until the release. I can wait if they assure that they are working on toddlers.
    But what I don't like here is that we don't know nothing: are they working on them? Are they already finished? Did they plan to work on them and haven't started yet? Or his this just a dangling carrot?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Out of respect to sparkfairy, can we please keep further discussions with Forest_Ninja outside this family play thread. Thanks :)

I can live with that.

Did the guru reply yet? Does anybody know? I've lost track with the amount of posts and comments and honestly I can't be bothered to filter through them all. I've had enough of this site for a lifetime.

This whole thing is hurting my head. I actually feel drained after today. Like, how much more so we need to say for them to actually get it? *sigh*

Guess I've reached my expiration date ay @SimGuruDrake?

--T
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Out of respect to sparkfairy, can we please keep further discussions with Forest_Ninja outside this family play thread. Thanks :)

I can live with that.

Did the guru reply yet? Does anybody know? I've lost track with the amount of posts and comments and honestly I can't be bothered to filter through them all. I've had enough of this site for a lifetime.

This whole thing is hurting my head. I actually feel drained after today. Like, how much more so we need to say for them to actually get it? *sigh*

--T

No reply from her yet.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @simIrrevirre of course, sorry! :) Carry on everyone <3
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited August 2016

I can live with that.

--T

I last saw her in this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897655/feedback-re-gurudrakes-august-20th-post-from-the-airport
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @simIrrevirre of course, sorry! :) Carry on everyone <3

No worries :)

Btw, I haven't seen so many angry and dissapointed simmers as it is right now since the months around the release. And it escalate. I wonder how they will handle it.
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »

I can live with that.

--T

No reply from her yet.

Thanks.

I think I'm bored of waiting and honestly? Today killed it for me. To be told our complaints are to expire after a certain time pretty much says it all to me.

What a crock.

(This is the family play thread right? I've been in so many threads today I don't know where I am now)

Just wanted to say to you @sparkfairy1; you're amazing! Please don't feel, for a second, that any of this burden falls on you. You have gone, selflessly, out of your way for so many of us every single day, without any of us even asking you. For that, you have my enternal gratitude. I wish you the very best.

Stay amazing girl.

Also, @Pary, @Sk8rblaze, @Cinebar, @JoAnne65, @kremesch73, @PHOEBESMOM601, @Rflong7, @luthienrising, @MrHawk, @HappySimmer3, @NZsimm3r, @Writin_Reg and many others (too many to quote off the top of my head, and I'm on mobile so please forgive me). Whether we agree or disagree it's been an absolute pleasure to read your posts. Keep being awesome.

Later peeps. *peace sign*

--T

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @To7m Her comment is at the bottom of the page on this thread. She follows up with another reply on the second page then goes off somewhere.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I understand that they can't discuss future content....well kind of. But I think they should at least be able to say, if they are planning on including toddlers, working on them etc. No specific date needed. They could be like, we are working on them, but it could take a while and we might run into problems, so don't expect anything too soon.
  • Options
    @To7m Her comment is at the bottom of the page on this thread. She follows up with another reply on the second page then goes off somewhere.

*jumps back in*

Yes I just saw that, the comment to @Sk8rblaze, right?

Thanks for pointing that out also @simIrrevirre, I just saw your comment as well.

Thanks again guys. I was hoping she would address the Q&A thread as most of the conversation was going on in there but then it exploded.. I guess she's finding it as hard as I am to keep track.. Idk. *shrugs* I know it sounds a bit abrupt but after today, I don't really care any more *sigh*

*jumps back out*

--T
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Wow, very disappointed by Drake's comments. I understand what she's saying, and that it must be frustrating that we can't accept their lack of answers as answers... But I feel like EA is gas lighting its fans. The whole conversation between ea and the community is laughable.

EA: There will be all life stages.
    Fans: Yay!
    Ea: Actually we ran out of time, no toddlers.
    Fans: *panicked screaming*
    EA: Don't worry, the base game is strong and we can add all the things you are asking for.
    Fans: Oh good, so you plan on adding toddlers?
    Ea: What? Since when do you guys want toddlers? No no we meant we can add pools.
    Fans: Are you kidding? Of course we want complete life stages, this is a life sim!
    EA: Is it? Are you sure?
    Fans: What?! Yes! Stop being obtuse!
    EA: Ok ok we'll let you know what we've decided.
    Fans: ...
    EA: We've decided: More stuff packs!
    Fans: Ok... What about tod-
    EA: OMG WILL YOU STOP WITH THE TODDLERS GEEZE ENOUGH ALREADY!
    FAns: But... You said you'd let us know if...
    EA: Look, we talk about toddlers every day. We'll let you know.
    Fans: everyday for 2 years and still no decision? What are you guys doing over there?
    Ea: Look, you guys have no idea what goes into making a game. Just be quiet while we work. Trust us.
    Fans: Um, ok... I guess..
    EA: Big announcement!
    Fans: Omgomg is it...?
    EA: ...a seasonal event? You guessed it!
    Fans: So... Made any progress towards...
    EA: WOW rude we made you this awesome thing you didn't ask for and yet you continue to ask for missing features. No pleasing some people.
    Fans: We CAN be pleased, just let us know if toddlers are being worked on!
    EA: *fingers in ears* IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE, literally no way to please them.
    LOL!

@To7m <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Thanks, @To7m hug.gif
    Take care. I hope something Sims brings you back someday.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sorry to go OT here @sparkfairy1 (or, whoever's become the new de facto leader of this thread) but I made a poll to gauge something about the toxicity of the forums. It's part of a now-closed discussion between @SimGuruDrake and the community. It's about the toxicity of the forums. I feel like a place like this would be a good place to ask because there's a lot of people who engage in the forums almost every day.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11056998
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Sorry to go OT here @sparkfairy1 (or, whoever's become the new de facto leader of this thread) but I made a poll to gauge something about the toxicity of the forums. It's part of a now-closed discussion between @SimGuruDrake and the community. It's about the toxicity of the forums. I feel like a place like this would be a good place to ask because there's a lot of people who engage in the forums almost every day.

Gosh, I almost banged my head against the wall when I saw that it had been closed. I was actually replying to you, so I'll do it here before I go; I believe that too. I'm sure they *do* want to talk to us. I know going to the higher ups would be hard but I think they should do it regardless. I feel they owe us that regarding toddlers. They are a base game item and I feel it is unfair they treat us this way.

That said, I don't want to derail this thread any longer. I got my (kind of) answer from @SimGuruDrake but then she closed the thread (rightly so, some of those comments were downright vile, I wish she had just deleted them though) so I guess my final reason for being here is over.

*exhales* I feel kinda lost lol.

Oh, I voted ;)

--T
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I can't vote for some reason...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Have you clicked the Recaptcha robot check?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Have you clicked the Recaptcha robot check?

Yes but it is not doing anything
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @To7m I certainly hope that they closed it just to be able to delete some of those comments without having to worry about the pace it was going at. It was 1 page every 30 seconds.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2016
    Just wanted to say to you @sparkfairy1; you're amazing! Please don't feel, for a second, that any of this burden falls on you. You have gone, selflessly, out of your way for so many of us every single day, without any of us even asking you. For that, you have my enternal gratitude. I wish you the very best.

Stay amazing girl.

Also, @Pary, @Sk8rblaze, @Cinebar, @JoAnne65, @kremesch73, @PHOEBESMOM601, @Rflong7, @luthienrising, @MrHawk, @HappySimmer3, @NZsimm3r, @Writin_Reg and many others (too many to quote off the top of my head, and I'm on mobile so please forgive me). Whether we agree or disagree it's been an absolute pleasure to read your posts. Keep being awesome.

--T

I enjoyed reading your posts, too, @To7m . :smile:

I am sorry that this whole strange/awkward/controversal situation is taking a toll on some simmers, and that some simmers are not satisfied and their playstyles are not being accommodated (or even being taken into consideration), and that some simmers are leaving the forums, etc. :frowning:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

I can live with that.

--T

No reply from her yet.

Thanks.

I think I'm bored of waiting and honestly? Today killed it for me. To be told our complaints are to expire after a certain time pretty much says it all to me.

What a crock.

(This is the family play thread right? I've been in so many threads today I don't know where I am now)

Stay amazing girl.

--T

Sorry to see you go, @To7m . Take care :smile:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @To7m , take care of yourself. I'm sorry some folks feel their time is done, wont be the same here :(
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top