Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you want as free update for sims 4

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    All sounds cool ,how about babies like in 3 with all there stuff and toddlers

Why would you want a return of the larva? Babies could do nothing in Sims 3. They didn't even have legs.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    An option to turn off autonomous socializing, so that sims aren't chasing each other around the home constantly.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    @Triplis
    You can turn off autonomy. Please note, that when their Needs get too low, they will go fulfil that need. :)
  • Options
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    @Triplis
    You can turn off autonomy. Please note, that when their Needs get too low, they will go fulfil that need. :)
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve what I'm wanting. I'm talking about turning off autonomy for socializing specifically, not all of it.

I don't want to micromanage all of it, but I would like them to not obsessively chat up, or hug, other sims in the household, and even making them Loners has little noticeable impact on this. So I figure more autonomy controls would be a good way to give that option, without fundamentally altering socializing.
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    swing :)
  • Options
    @Triplis
    Sorry I couldn't help all too much. Maybe more distractions will help? Like: placing a horseshoe arena, dart board, wake the llama, and some other things around. You could also lock some rooms, and only allow some sims passage. :o
  • Options
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    @Triplis
    Sorry I couldn't help all too much. Maybe more distractions will help? Like: placing a horseshoe arena, dart board, wake the llama, and some other things around. You could also lock some rooms, and only allow some sims passage. :o
    Appreciate you trying. Distractions make some difference, but only so much. Even with locked rooms, sims are really stupid and will try to go talk to each other sometimes. :D
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    HSimmer wrote: »
    Since I cannot edit my post I will just post another comment, I would like to add on to what I recently said

- Add buyable worlds (You pay real money for them probably like 5$ for a world)
    - Replace Whims with Lifetime happiness
    - Add apartments and hotels
    - Workaholic trait (Your sims will be able to work from home and preform better at work)
    - Your sims will be able to go home with other students from school or they go home with your sims
    - Buyable clothes (Like 2bucks for a shirt, pants etc)
    - Fix the bug where if you fast forward a lot your sims get stuck
    - Fix crashes (I don't know if its just me but my game crashes every now and then and I lose my stuff, another reason why we need Autosave)
    - Add meteors that randomly fall from the sky (Rare) and they could kill your sim or destroy a lot (Add it to get to work)
    - Make it so that parent sims can ground children
    - Add graveyards
    - Add private schools (Your sims will need to pay like 3000 simoleons per week or something like that)
    - Add dentist's
    - Make it so that if your sims don't brush their teeth for a long time, they will start losing teeth can get a mouth infection (Your sims will get a moodlet on when they need to brush their teeth or when their teeth are starting to be infected and fall out
    - Teenagers should be able to woohoo and become pregnant
    - Add capes
    - Make it so that your sims can become flexible
    - Make it so that children can get muscles (small six packs)
    - Food compressor
    - Hire a bodyguard
    - Give ghosts the ability to possess sims
    - Add a sims 4 story mode
    - I know this might not work but I will suggest it anyway. Make it so that in the CAS there is an option to 'scan self' it will basically scan your real face and try to make an exact copy of it in the game.
    -
    It is against the rules to talk about or ask for what is in the bolded text as it can and will raise the rating of the game from T to M for mature.
    - Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc.
    You are welcome to share links for custom content, hacks, and mods as long as they do not raise the T for Teen rating.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801207/updated-forum-rules#latest

Teenagers can woohoo though.

That may be but teen pregnancy will never happen in the game. So the poster of that post needs to edit their post to take it out since it against the rules to talk about and ask for in the game.

Are you a mod? I doubt it because if you were, you would know that what was quoted never gets changed in the quotation even if the original poster changes it. Please keep that in mind when quoting posts.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,390 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    HSimmer wrote: »
    Since I cannot edit my post I will just post another comment, I would like to add on to what I recently said

- Add buyable worlds (You pay real money for them probably like 5$ for a world)
    - Replace Whims with Lifetime happiness
    - Add apartments and hotels
    - Workaholic trait (Your sims will be able to work from home and preform better at work)
    - Your sims will be able to go home with other students from school or they go home with your sims
    - Buyable clothes (Like 2bucks for a shirt, pants etc)
    - Fix the bug where if you fast forward a lot your sims get stuck
    - Fix crashes (I don't know if its just me but my game crashes every now and then and I lose my stuff, another reason why we need Autosave)
    - Add meteors that randomly fall from the sky (Rare) and they could kill your sim or destroy a lot (Add it to get to work)
    - Make it so that parent sims can ground children
    - Add graveyards
    - Add private schools (Your sims will need to pay like 3000 simoleons per week or something like that)
    - Add dentist's
    - Make it so that if your sims don't brush their teeth for a long time, they will start losing teeth can get a mouth infection (Your sims will get a moodlet on when they need to brush their teeth or when their teeth are starting to be infected and fall out
    - Teenagers should be able to woohoo and become pregnant
    - Add capes
    - Make it so that your sims can become flexible
    - Make it so that children can get muscles (small six packs)
    - Food compressor
    - Hire a bodyguard
    - Give ghosts the ability to possess sims
    - Add a sims 4 story mode
    - I know this might not work but I will suggest it anyway. Make it so that in the CAS there is an option to 'scan self' it will basically scan your real face and try to make an exact copy of it in the game.
    -
    It is against the rules to talk about or ask for what is in the bolded text as it can and will raise the rating of the game from T to M for mature.
    - Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc.
    You are welcome to share links for custom content, hacks, and mods as long as they do not raise the T for Teen rating.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801207/updated-forum-rules#latest

Teenagers can woohoo though.

That may be but teen pregnancy will never happen in the game. So the poster of that post needs to edit their post to take it out since it against the rules to talk about and ask for in the game.

Are you a mod? I doubt it because if you were, you would know that what was quoted never gets changed in the quotation even if the original poster changes it. Please keep that in mind when quoting posts.

No, I'm not a mod.... :eyeroll: And yes I know that the quote won't change if the poster comes back and edits their post unless if I go in and edit my post myself. I have been on this forum long enough and have posted more than you have to know stuff like that. I quote things like that so that if and when the poster ever comes back or a SimGuru has to come and edit the post, then others can see what was said in the original post so that they can't come here and slap my hand for telling someone that it's against the rules because I have had people who have come into the post after the post has been edited and say that they don't see anything that's against the rules. We do have "New Members" who come and join the forums so that they can post their ideas without even looking at the rules to see what is acceptable and what isn't. So this way if the "New Member" looks at all of the posts in this thread and sees my post quoting one of it's rules along with the link to the rules, hopefully they will go and read the rules and see what they can or can't talk about on the forums.

We all should try to keep this forum safer from the younger viewers and keep it T rated as much as possible... ;)

So I would appreciate if you wouldn't tell me what to quote and what not to quote... :/
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Yes I know : Babies could do nothing in Sims 3. They didn't even have legs. But you could take them places, like park or a walk in the stroller . In Sims 4 they are chained to the crib . So that why ,but a baby with legs .
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    > @QueenWeird58 said:
    > I really don't so much about toddlers (even tho it would be kool)
    > Firefighters? nah wha ta blow that just gonna ruined my plan when I try to kill my sims xD
    > Ramen noodles ~ Yuss need to be add to the game :3 as well with a simish anime channel
    > and everything else what Fallen Prince said. lol

oops forgot one thing also I kinda hate it when people trying to make sims 4 like sims 3 :/ it just going to be boring if it exactly like sims 3. They are uniquely different which is awesome.

you could still kill your sims with firefighters included for people who want them.
    smoke alarms are needed for them to come ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    > @QueenWeird58 said:
    > Firefighters? nah wha ta blow that just gonna ruined my plan when I try to kill my sims xD
    > Ramen noodles ~ Yuss need to be add to the game :3 as well with a simish anime channel

oops forgot one thing also I kinda hate it when people trying to make sims 4 like sims 3 :/ it just going to be boring if it exactly like sims 3. They are uniquely different which is awesome.

Such as what?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited February 2016
    marcel21 wrote: »
    > @QueenWeird58 said:

Such as what?

I agree with @QueenWeird58

There is more focus on our sims, and not the entire town running around as a whole. Now they're seen walking by, some visiting the public lots you're at. This is a new experience.
    -We can wear any hat with any hairstyle.
    -CAS genetics allowing us to create children/siblings/twins/parents from 1 sim.
    -Content is steadily coming our way, free and DLC.
    It's visibly getting better over time, I'm there with my sims and their lives. :)
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,347 Member
    For me personally, I would like to see just one more world! However, I am also willing to pay for worlds by themselves kind of like what they did for the Sims 3.I really loved Hidden Springs!
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    More playable careers from get to work.
    Burglars to be added back in. As much of a pain they were it was something kinda iconicabout them in game.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    @rjssim
    World packs could become a thing, possibly.
    @Fiever7
    Like a Tattoo Artist, Stylist, and Fireman? I liked some of those careers. I really loved Burglars, they were an enjoyable part of my simming experience. :)
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,347 Member
    It would be pretty sweet to see some world packs. They load a heck of a lot faster than Sims 3. Man, I remember the long load just to go to university... It was like a mini coffee break for me while waiting, lol!
  • Options
    AshleyRose1AshleyRose1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Christian values. They pray before meals and bedtime. They go to church. Sing in the choir. Be a Preacher. Sunday school teacher. Have Bible study group. Be tempted by the devil. Ask God for help. Types of temptations : a drunk, sexual immortality, bully, thief/pickpocket, liar, glutten, vanity.... Celebrate holidays, family Sunday meals, cross jewelry, help others, talk to others about God, become a missionary, make food for a sick neighbor, do gardening / mowing for a elderly neighbor, help the homeless, there's lots that can be added to this. I know it won't be free. I feel it would bring more fun for those who believe in a higher power. Thanks for allowing my thoughts for a great add-on.
  • Options
    AshleyRose1AshleyRose1 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="AshleyRose1;14568822"]Christian values. They pray before meals and bedtime. They go to church. Sing in the choir. Be a Preacher. Sunday school teacher. Have Bible study group. Be tempted by the devil. Ask God for help. Types of temptations : a drunk, sexual immortality, bully, thief/pickpocket, liar, glutten, vanity.... Celebrate holidays, family Sunday meals, cross jewelry, help others, talk to others about God, become a missionary, make food for a sick neighbor, do gardening / mowing for a elderly neighbor, help the homeless, there's lots that can be added to this. I know it won't be free. I feel it would bring more fun for those who believe in a higher power. Thanks for allowing my thoughts for a great add-on.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    • Toddlers
    • MORE Traits. More Aspirations.
    • Turn ons and Turn Offs, Favorite Food, Color. Favorite Activity (Gardening, fishing, Bowling (when bowling is released), video games, music, etc)
    • Hobbies and "Interests".
    • Biography 'page' to type in background stories, or even to list things you would like this Sim to do.
    • Terrain tools (to make the ground not so flat).
    • Stairs
    • Sims Head in middle of the interactions.. ;x not important but..
    • More Emotions. (example: Fear).
    • More NPCS. Fireman, Paper girl/boy, mailman? (I saw him in game, but does he actually deliver the mail like before? Because... I haven't seen it. Maybe I missed it. :x ), Nanny, etc.

And that's all I can think of at the moment. D: Probably will think of something else... after I've posted. Lol.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Christian values. They pray before meals and bedtime. They go to church. Sing in the choir. Be a Preacher. Sunday school teacher. Have Bible study group. Be tempted by the devil. Ask God for help. Types of temptations : a drunk, sexual immortality, bully, thief/pickpocket, liar, glutten, vanity.... Celebrate holidays, family Sunday meals, cross jewelry, help others, talk to others about God, become a missionary, make food for a sick neighbor, do gardening / mowing for a elderly neighbor, help the homeless, there's lots that can be added to this. I know it won't be free. I feel it would bring more fun for those who believe in a higher power. Thanks for allowing my thoughts for a great add-on.

I think that this would fall within an extraordinarily controversial realm for those who don't believe in theism, those who don't believe in religion, and those who are not Christian. Maxis might end up making up a fake Simlish religion, but I still feel as though that would be far too polarizing for the game. I wouldn't hold my breath for any religion-related content. However, secular motivations, aspirations, and traits are totally plausible. A lot of people here want an "eternally faithful" trait, which would be a great idea for those who play with story progression on. A return of the cop NPC could deal thieves and pickpockets! Also, I've seen heaps of posts alluding to a drunkard trait. But an actual "Christian" set should best be left to Christian mods, as the variety of interpretations within Christianity and religion would inevitably upset a lot of people. (For example: "sexual immorality").
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,084 Member
    edited February 2016
    More carpets and wallpaper. More sprays. And more than two tall (and let's face it, pretty hideous) windows.

And more options for swimming and bedtime clothes.

And some more formal hats and the ability to wear much more jewellery at once.
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Toddlers and cars
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    • Toddlers
    • MORE Traits. More Aspirations.
    • Turn ons and Turn Offs, Favorite Food, Color. Favorite Activity (Gardening, fishing, Bowling (when bowling is released), video games, music, etc)
    • Hobbies and "Interests".
    • Biography 'page' to type in background stories, or even to list things you would like this Sim to do.
    • Terrain tools (to make the ground not so flat).
    • Stairs
    • Sims Head in middle of the interactions.. ;x not important but..
    • More Emotions. (example: Fear).
    • More NPCS. Fireman, Paper girl/boy, mailman? (I saw him in game, but does he actually deliver the mail like before? Because... I haven't seen it. Maybe I missed it. :x ), Nanny, etc.

And that's all I can think of at the moment. D: Probably will think of something else... after I've posted. Lol.

You know I am now wondering why there's no turnoffs since now they're supposed to be more intelligent but why no turn offs?
    Might be why sometimes the sims just shrug it off and become friends easily with their enemies
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    •Toddlers
    •NPCs (Burglars, Fire Fighters, Police Officers, and Social Workers)
    •CAS update with body hair, stubble and beards separated so both can be used at same time if I use a mustache Sim should not have to have a baby face.
    • CAW

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"