Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A memoir of Grace “Slick” Joplin

Comments

• Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited December 2020
    Deleted dbl post
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I think you tagged me
    On the wrong thread lol I don’t usually follow threads over here 😹
  • Options
    Yes I see that, those comment was not ment to be here.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

Chapter 5.2 Into the Fire

In this episode I will go back a little bit and tell you what happened in and around the Adenture Village (*), during the 9 months period where Gregg and I were occupied with my pregnancy.

6jvIb7H.jpg

A big national construction company had started to buy up part of the “Pomona Promenade” over recent years, over the last year or so constructed several apartment towers including a few bars and discos. In the area between Adenture Village and Horseshoe Loop road. The JRA International Equestrian Center at Horseshoe Loop was sold and rebuild as a film studio.

IKaduJl.jpg

The first time I heard from this new part of town, was when David’s twins was arrested by a patrol car, dangling home from Roxy Disco. Way too young to be alone on a bar like that even though it was not very late.

mcfMaof.jpg

David and Vallari was of course shocked, and with my parents and the twins decided to go there and check out what the Disco was about and who would hang around there. Turned out not to be such a great idea as in the end all four supposed adults was jamming at the stage even though only Vallari knew a little about music. I have heard it sounded awful, guess they got too much juice.

Anyway, the twins were not allowed go there without asking and always with an adult David or Vallari knew well.

6kWC9gj.jpg

Over at the Bridge household after some misfortune in his love life, being dumped by first Grace and later Alouette Bird, Kenny seems to have found love, not only is Irene Funke his girl but she has already moved into the house. I hope he will keep her and be happy this time.

4DGyVyw.jpg

Back in David’s house the twins are now 15 years old and have also started flirting and kissing a bit with the boys, to their parents deep frustration both with the same boy. Spencer Funke from just across the street.
    Right now, Angie have won his heart it seems, as they have declared to go steady. Kate though is not the kind of girl to give it up easily so you never know.

kC8FjGy.jpg

David have completely re-build the garage to fit in the two teenagers. The household in terms of case assets the richest in the Adenture Village, they don’t miss a thing.

MPRSyrd.jpg

For some reason Robert left the guitar case open, it remained empty.

J190zy2.jpg

[*) Historical fact: So why is the village called Adenture Village, that was long ago, when a cartographer made a typo supposed to write Adventure as in the beach point Adventure Landing. The typo became a norm and it is still the official name.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chapter 5.3 Into the Fire

The baptism was held in St Mary Church close to the town hall, at the same square as the County Historical Society, which also hold the two new residential towers “The Glass House” “Fragile Tower” and the partly finished “Foxtrot Exclusive” Dance Bar, Spa and Hotel.

yrcmNTD.jpg

It was only the closest family, basically our household, Gregg’s family, David and Vallari.
    The child was named Steve Joblin-Fripp. Not what Gregg’s mother had wished for, as she would like to see him with the Blanco family name, but Gregg did not care at all.

a4NyEw6.jpg

One day a collector came to our house. The eccentric Felipe Marshall who had collected original first issues of mother’s books right back to her very first novel. But he had never been able to find a first issue of “Dream Flesh & Perfumed Skin” as it sold out so fast.
    ”How much do you expect to pay, if I still have by original print, signed.” ?. “Well if you really will sell you own pre-release copy I would say it is worth say 7000$”, “Holy Kamoley” then I’d better start to look for it.
    Mother found it and sold it, the sale made the news and added further to her fame.

GYpOTOk.jpg

Would not be too long before it would be back at work as rescue worker, so thought I’d better start to lose some of the weight I gained from my pregnancy.

qmXXxNT.jpg

Mother wanted to see the new film studio up at Horseshoe Loop, so one day we went up there with Angie.
    Interesting Mummy said, waling around in the film sets, very interesting. I look at her saying: Mother…do you have plans to become a film star? She turned and looked at me with a smile: “do you think I have star quality? Seriously mother do you plan to work here? Well mother looked away for a second then turned and said: I Think I am too old for a film star, but I am actually thinking about working here at a lower level, just to get out and get some inspiration for my novels.

Az7bnIi.jpg

Less than a month later her last book in the “Pictures of a City” trilogy hit the bookstores.
    The reviews were great: “42 years old Joblin-Fripp outscores herself with her 3rd book in the Pictures of a City trilogy Lost Soul, Lost Trace. This time the personal issues of the main character comes even more into play, especially the extensive abuse of people as well as substances. The crime story as god as before, but the personal stories around it, is what makes this novel outstanding

The 451 pages novel was a massive bestseller outscoring the previous to books in the series.

f4TqFeR.jpg

5j20Qpx.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options

Chapter 5.4 Into the Fire

This episode will be some brief remarks about what happened during the first year of Steve’s life.
    Emilia’s daughter Malissa was now a young child, for the first time allowed to go for trick or treat at Spooky Night.

GsYHTDl.jpg

Mother started working at the studio, everyone knew that she was mainly present to gater inspiration for her authorship. Actors, director and producer all liked to have the famous writer at the set.

WROOhfI.jpg

Gregg and I had relative little social life outside the household this year, there was enough to do just taking care of Steve. Gregg was also back racing at the bike right after the baptism. I started work a little later.

hm20GlX.jpg

Seeing that Gregg needed a break from diapers, dribble and poo, Robert took him out for a drink once in a while, this time at “The Ocean” a traditional British type pub.

LDdbXz7.jpg

Robert bought a 2nd hand guitar, I was the only one able to play a few cords, so I used it sometimes.

rTUsZPs.jpg

Emilia and Jimmy got married, bought a small cottage and moved together as a family. Gregg and I visited to congratulate as soon as we heard.

hX83HsE.jpg

The paintings Robert sold in the period

2YHzXxd.jpg

Rahan got a new doggy toy to chew

65tntwG.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chapter 5.5 Into the Fire

Rahan was now almost 10 years old, still going strong, but we could see that he was a bit greyer than before.

RdSqSCM.jpg

May have given the impression in the previous episode that having a child was very hard on us, must also mention that I was delighted to become a mother and loved Steve to pieces. I’m sure Gregg loved his son a lot and he did also care for him just as much as I did.

ikaEHk3.jpg

Gregg although not the kind of man expressing his feelings in a crowd, was very compassionate towards me and Steve. When he proposed, I had no second thoughts, just said yes right there in our bedroom.

bU1aFRv.jpg

About two weeks later I got my 2nd emergency response, it was a rather violent fire in a smaller house. None was there so no risk of losing lives, that is besides my own. The fire spread fast and I suddenly found myself trapped in a burning bathroom completely surrounded by flames.

I got some smaller burns at my arms and face, but I did put out the fire after more than two hours. Got a check at the hospital before I went home. I was fine.

SSqecWl.jpg

Things was changing fast over a Marylin’s household, as mentioned her brother Jimmy moved out to start a family with Emilia at the nearby River House Village, now also her father Brian has moved out to start his own household up at “Ocean District” with his new wife Jenelle Kerns and their two children. With the latest two Brian now support 6 children.

Last time I spoke to Marylin she had some concerns about their lifestyle, now that it was only herself, the 70’s years old grandfather, and brother Kenny’s family running the large farm.

Marylin’s Farther, his wife and their first born Sammi

sv0K8de.jpg

Map of the town as it looks now – with all districts and villages.

frfkgMB.jpg

Sometimes a paparazzo comes around to try capture a picture of mother. Rahan can smell them from far away, they normally leave when he poo or pee at their shoes.

GIRl2YG.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options

Chapter 5.6 Into the Fire

A late family dinner, because mother worked late doing an interview for the film producer.
    Daddy made hamburgers at the grill. He was an excellent cook, could easily have made it into a profession, but that was a hobby he said. What was special about this particular day was that my parent told us that we could stay in “Janis Cottage”, they already had contact with contractors about making their new home.
    “This house is a bit too old fashioned for us” Daddy said, “we need something without stairs for our retirement if you like”. Mommy continued “yes and we also need a house just for the two of us, but with more space for creativity, straight wall for paintings, music rooms and so on.”

“Wow, thanks a lot.“ Gregg replied “ this will be an amazing house for us to raise a family.

ujzbyGM.jpg

About half a year later

Gregg had Friday off so arranged his bachelor party at Friday night when I was working at the fire station.
    Inviting male friends, family and some guys from the cycling team to party at “The Foxtrot”.

There was quite a long queue just to get in the elevator.

rBq1d1x.jpg

One of the first to get there was Jimmy Bridge, already in a frantic dance session with Aloulette Bird when we arrived.

Je0czhB.jpg

The young lady in the bar was quite good, Gregg and Robert keept (the rather expensive) rounds coming, everyone got soaked fast.

cjjQYce.jpg

After a few drinks Robert was in the mood. Starting a fire in this unknown lady’s chest.

Xax8Qxe.jpg

Gregg working on his own doll in the bar.

NHqZvuG.jpg

Farther-in-law sense the danger and soon interferes

2ZF7j8I.jpg

Gregg is done about 11PM, he attempts to get home, but he actually never makes it and hang around outside the club more that two hours, before the actually get a taxi, arriving home just after 1 AM

Robert is far from done. His next move is the piano player. The club is starting to get empty.

TAeF2X7.jpg

Robert is in the last group who leaves at about 3PM, the first to arrive Jimmy also one of the last to get home.

0up31Bv.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chapter 5.7 Into the Fire

The Bachelorette party was held the next day, starting at the now almost finished new house.

s2XkQCR.jpg

Ffw7QiZ.jpg

We continued after night fall at the Broadway Disco.

Marylin was pregnant again, she believed the father to be Emilia’s farther Mario

O5iC9Lc.jpg

A great party everyone clearly having fun

eeOXVxv.jpg

I was having a bit of an innocent flirt with Ethan Parrott

s2rAvAB.jpg

Mother charmed a “handy man”, but we both got back home without doing anything stupid leaving around 2.30 AM

u68u3zQ.jpg

bSbXEk8.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 5.8 Into the Fire

Inspired by updates from others, I may sometimes include a spoiler with a song or music I think go well with the post:

Music:

This will be a silent post I think the pictures say it all
    THE WEDDING

lCJxdUP.jpg

ViH51TR.jpg

UbxSUho.jpg

hqDgJjH.jpg

Z2zLcNX.jpg

q1fwwL8.jpg

Ku0MSNy.jpg

8jk9WDP.jpg

As seen from the above Steve is now a toddler

sLN0Ofs.jpg
  • Options

Chapter 5.9 Into the Fire

Music:

Almost 2 years later

After working at the film studio about a year, mother published her next novel. A 305 pages drama “Slow Train Coming”, The theme was a Rock Star converting to Christianity, losing most of his fanbase. Critics did not like it and the book did not sell well, compared to her crime novels.

vpKyssK.jpg

It was great to have our own place, but it was also more stressful, now we were just two adults taking care of the housekeeping and Steve. Mother had to come directly from the studio to our house every day to take care of Steve in the gap between Gregg leaving about 2 PM to go to the cycling team and me coming home from the fire station about 5 PM.

xVBaInI.jpg

None of us knew about it at the time, but Robert had to take a loan from David of 10.000$ to be able to finish the house and pay for the wedding. The construction of the house was a lot more expensive that he had anticipated and he was not selling his paintings as fast as he had hoped for.

V76fY9y.jpg

As I came home from the fire station one day, mother said: “Darling I have some bad news I have to share, More and more often Robert says “I’ll will go to the cellar and practice my Bass”. Maybe he does but I can smell when he gets back that he also uses the bar more than is good for him. I don’t like the fact that he drinks too much, but even worse that the is drinking alone.

k9aXRly.jpg

The only solution I could come up with to ease whatever trouble was on my father’s mind was forming a band and play some music in the basement, I contacted David and the three of us formed a band called “Art Bears” at this point just playing some free-form avantgarde jazz.

ubhVlkP.jpg

Robert only sold 3 paintings over this two-year period

wHqXgmD.jpg

Robert has spent too much time in the basement bar, before he visited his daughter

Rk5QEAS.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 5.10 Into the Fire

As Gregg made more money from cycling than I did as a rescue worker, I decided to quit my job at the fire station. I did like it, but it was impossible for us to take proper care of Steve, with the many hours we were out of the house. Did not know what to do at this point, just had to quit.

Gregg was now one of the more important members of his team, able to take a stage win from time to time

4yZJIWh.jpg

After hours of rehearsal sessions, me getting an electric guitar and the addition of Gregg on drums, we reformed the band as a Rock Group and renamed it to “The Green River”.
    Doing our first public session in front of the town cinema. David came up with the idea to bring a horse to the event to attract some extra attention. It was a success we gathered a sizable crowd. The income from the gig was not impressive but that was not too important this time.

yVfpZPZ.jpg

Marylin got a son Lorenzo and Emilia a son Benito, both with the same farther as their first child.

David had become one of the richest men in town, besides the Café and the home he also possessed two other lots in town and a part in the Bookstore. David’s daughter Kate moved out from her father’s house , living alone in a nice 80.000$ upscale home in the Ocean District.
    Kate still has no other romantic interest than her crash on her sisters boyfriend.

jzXVVAm.jpg

Gregg spent a longer period at home, due to a gap in this racing schedule. Getting a much closer relation with Steve. Teaching him to use the pot, to talk and soon also to walk.

RFqbPbp.jpg

I still having found a job after stopping at the fire station, spending all my time at home, doing whatever is needed around the house.

VrxQ8zx.jpg

Rahan have found a new friend Lambo, sometimes hanging out in the area around mother’s house.

4plTj8z.jpg

End of chapter 5

Gregg playing with Steve

2ERodOP.jpg
  • Options

Chapter 6.0 Wild is the Wind

Music “So Good at Being In trouble”

As we had more time together, there was more time for some unprotected “Risky”, hoping to get a 2nd child.

PRNUAzD.jpg

With the help of David who paid 50% of all cost, Robert built a studio in the basement and we started recording our first album, our first take was a song by David about his daughter Kate. “So Good at Being In trouble”. Mother just for the fun, also played on some takes, honestly edited out most of the time.

YgpyYUL.jpg

I started to look at some small occupation, and decided to try out Architectural Design, my first job was a renovation for my friend Emilia, creating a new room for her daughter Malissa. The project was a minor success. Malissa liked it a lot, Emilia not so much.

Before

tRDQBBp.jpg

After

w0pmbwf.jpg

David’s daughter Angie also left her parents to move in with her sister. Only David and Valleri left in the old house he
    inherited after his first wife.

2bwsrFp.jpg

While there was no income from the band yet, rather a load of expenses raining down on mother and farther. There was suddenly a lot of progress in farthers recognition as a painter. Over a rather short period he manages to sell 3 paintings all at very lucrative prices. Scarecrow seen as a modern masterpiece by some art critics, and reached his highest action price so far.

vwqVg2o.jpg

The only one of my original friends still living alone with his parents was Matt Kated, living in his original home with both of his parents, although they have been divorced for years now. Matt have broken up with his former girlfriend Eva Blundt.

Matt in the kitchen with his mother

sVWTZep.jpg

wmr3xtF.jpg
  • Options

Chapter 6.1 Wild is the Wind

Music: Wild Is the Wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsqlXkkEKxI&list=LLuacgWaQIjqlrdJz3IpiXeA&index=244

Our first CD was released at the winter prior to my 30 years births day. We named it after a famous song Wild Is the Wind first released in 1957 by Johnny Mathis. The song later came to fame via the version Nina Simone recorded in 1966 and later David Bowie version for his 1976 album Station to station. We received a little local airplay from this song and David’s “So Good at Being In trouble”, the album sold 6000 copies.

5eO7nhk.jpg

Our family finances were now at a point where Robert was able to repay the 10.000$ loan from David. They went to a concert at the Darris Theater and he repaid the loan after the show.

BytKLwc.jpg

Just as the relationship between me and Gregg was very good in this period. Mother and father went through a good period, father cut down on the drinking, all in all they were more or less back to normal, with father revitalized by the new band and the improved recognition of his art.

EHPc33z.jpg

Mothers next book was on at the bookstores later that winter, a massive 783 pages romantic novel. Taking up one of the minor characters from her crime series and making her the main subject in this very different type of story. The critics did not particularly like the book, they saw it as too mainstream compared to her earlier romantic historical novels. Seen in hindsight the novel was probably a bit too long and was never seen as one of her best, but it sold rather well.

UR9DOlL.jpg

I became friends with Hailey Schmidt this winter, she would often come visit and we shared some good hours together, she was very helpful with Steve and Rahan, making my daily routines a little easier.

rQJPEpe.jpg

After the release of the first album by “The Green River” mother started to practise the Piano and Electric Keyboard, It seemed she was interested in joining the band, if she could become a better musician.

DQkaGl9.jpg

Daddy's drinking issues was not over, but it was less frequent
    0OR6C2B.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Tamijo : That was a good read!
    Now I know how to distinguish between Robert and David, finally! :D I really had some problems to understand the relationship between Uncle David, mom and father, because I´ve missed your first posts on the "What happened in your game"-thread!
    It´s just not easy to follow the connections between the Bridge and the Kated family, they have too much love affairs between each other! Holy moly! :D
    Interesting way of telling your story from Grace´s perspective!
  • Options
    @AlexaKry: I know how it is, I got the same with other peoples stories, have to read back because it is hard to keep up with who is who when you follow many stories at the same time. Thanks for comment.
  • Options

Chapter 6.2 Wild is the Wind

One morning I woke up, rushing the toilet to throw up. I first thought was at our prayers for another baby was fulfilled, but it turned out to be just some bad food poisoning.

gWnq6Z6.jpg

Gregg team saw it as important to keep the media attention as high as possible, sending him to hotspots in town making him a part of the tabloid magazines celebrity sections. It was part of the job, but took time away from the family.

p8cDbeH.jpg

Our son Steve was now 6 years old and would start school right after the Christmas celebrations.

VzNMDvq.jpg

My next design was a new toilet room for David’s daughter Kate, that turned out very well she liked it a lot. After that I had a failure with another client, you can’t win them all.
    Kate’s toilet:

Before

C7ftoTq.jpg

After

IXTU7Hd.jpg

Frustrated that I could not or at least did not get pregnant, one bright very cold morning I took my motorcycle, riding up to the cemetery. It was years since I last mourned at Miss Loveless grave. I cried for a while, partly for Miss Loveless partly for myself.

EVblPEV.jpg

Clo8JY5.jpg
  • Options

Chapter 6.3 Wild is the Wind

Music:
    I held my 30-year Birthday outside our home, still referred to by many as “Janis cottage” although mother no longer live there. The forecast was good but you can’t trust the metrologists, it was a rainy night.
    Vallari was invited but did not show up, this is some pictures from our cell phones.

top: Marylin – Emilia – Angie – Gregg’s farther – Gregg’s mother
    Bottom: Kate – David – Steve – Robert – Mother

sQc8G6T.jpg

Although it was bad weather, everyone was happy, first a lot of food, and later we played a few songs from our album, the first time we preformed with two keyboard players.

hAQzY0e.jpg
    sILdwSx.jpg
    MtH0V6D.jpg
    JiiWZNZ.jpg
    UhU0l96.jpg

gc5vLwS.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 6.4 Wild is the Wind

This episode will first take a look at that happened outside our household.

Marylin’s grandfather died this winter 75 years old. Some may remember that Adrian Bridge had a bad habit, he liked to touch very young girl’s naked skin. That was not mentioned in the town newspaper obituary:
    “The founder of Adenture Village Adrian Bridge suddenly passed away yesterday night 75 years old. Adrian came to the town 57 years ago and with his wife Carla started the Bridge Horse Ranch. Later he passed the responsibility on to his son Brian and now the farm is run by his grandson Kenny. After a few years in retirement Adrian took up crime investigation and became a fine detective solving many important cases. Adrian leaves behind his Ex-wife Carla, a son and a daughter, 6 grandchildren and four great grandchildren.”

OmDguko.jpg

David’s daughter Angie got a son with Spencer Funke, Antione Loveland. He was born a few months prior to my birthday party. He lives with Angie and her twin sisters. They share the responsibility of his upbringing. Twins are different sometimes.

TCm5LL2.jpg

Matt Kated (Emilia’s brother) may finally have found love. Town rumours say he is seen with Oriole Bird quite often. I can’t say how far this has gone, but I do hope it will last this time.

KOsTK50.jpg

Knowing that Rahan is more than 15 years old and won’t last forever, farther have got a puppy from a shelter, Oddi or Oddiesan he calls her. She will be staying primarily with Mom and Dad, but just like Rahan will be welcomed at our home too.

9G1ihi7.jpg

Mother released her 11th book (not counting the early works below 100 pages). This time continuing her efforts in the Drama genre with her 4th novel in that genre. The novel was titled “Lizard” about a young biologist nicknamed Lizard, working at the edge of the dessert trying to subtract heling substances from various toxic animals, snakes, lizards, spiders and scorpions.
    Critics wrote: “With this 4th attempt from Joplin-Fripp to establish herself as a serious drama writer, she gets a little bit closer, that said she just don’t reach neither the suspense of her crime novels nor the empathy you fell for her characters in her best historical romantic novels. As always she write a good solid book, no more no less.”
    The book sold better than her other drama novels, but was far from the bestseller lists.

Ntgz9tw.jpg

Steve was a great kid, always good at cleaning after dinner, finish his homework, get to sleep in time and all the other stuff, that a parent wants from a son. Liked being outside playing by himself or with the dogs.

qfrCPLY.jpg

RsXvNed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 6.5 Wild is the Wind

No Lullaby
    This is (most of) the lyrics for those that don’t want to sit through this rather long track:

Keep your eyes open - And "open" up your ears - Rehearse your loudest cry.
    There's folk out there - Who would do you harm - So I'll sing you no lullaby.
    There's a lock on the window; - There's a chain on the door: - A big dog in the hall.
    But there's dragons and beasties - Out there in the night - To snatch you if you fall.
    It's as well we tell no lie - To chase the face that cries - And little birds can't fly
    So keep an open eye - It's as well we tell no lie - So I'll sing you no lullaby.

During the winter season and the first half of spring Daddy sold four paintings. They could not match the extreme good prices he got from his fall season sales, but they sold pretty good anyway.

qhm9r63.jpg

David came over to talk with me one morning.
    “Grace, we all noticed that Robert have cut down on the drinking to a point where I think he is quite safe.”
    “Yes” I said. "He is fine I’m sure, but where are you going with this”
    David paused as if he was thinking of how to say what was on his mind. “Well, the thing is I got a lot on my mind at the moment. Things are not great with me and Val, we have grown apart. I have also got grandchildren now, that I need to look out for and then of course there is my business.”
    “I understand and I very sorry for you and Val, can’t say I haven’t noticed something was wrong, but sorry to hear you say it is that bad.”
    “what I’m trying to say is that I have to drop the band, simply haven’t got the time, never really did but was in it for Robert.”
    I replied: “That is fine David, it is not like we are world famous, and if we keep going, we can use mother on the keyboard”
    David relieved I took it so lightly: "Sure, she is learning fast."

Kl4KOeE.jpg

After spending uncountable hours in bed, not that it is a bad use of our time :D : We finally hit the nail (if you will excuse my metaphor), I got pregnant. We both hope for a girl, but either way we are very happy.

Gregg wrote a song inspired by my pregnancy “No Lullaby”, maybe the lyrics not what you would expect from a happy father. He expressed his fears and anxiety. I could so much follow his thinking, it is a dangerous world out there and the last you want, is anything bad happening to you children.

The reformed band rehearsed the new track and it came out as our hardest rock song to date. We just managed to play it first time in public, while I was still able to perform. This was the first song with Robert as lead vocalist, giving me more freedom to play the electric guitar.

ER8zO5R.jpg

Mother was aiming to write another crime novel. She started to hang out in the darker parts of the town nightlife to get inspiration for the book, looking for interesting characters and situations.

jOWCWIf.jpg

My water broke on night when I was out dumping trash in the waste bin. All alone in the house.

sSkZMgY.jpg

I called Mommy and Gregg on the cell phone, the came fast to take me to the hospital and was with me during labour.

S58QmjN.jpg

I hate being this small, can’t even see what is up there on that table

GSf3RJT.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 6.6 Wild is the Wind

As we both wanted, we got a girl and we named her Jasmin.
    She was baptized in our church at the age of 5 months, only with the closest family present.
    Gregg was always home in the morning and early afternoon, taking care of her giving me freedom to others tasks, when we left for work about 2 PM, I took over.

iP0W6Y5.jpg

About 9 months later

Mother quit har job at the film studio, now that she was aiming for a new series of crime novels, she preferred not to have to get up early and be home with farther during normal working hours. They would jam a bit in the basement or have a drink together, when not writing and painting.

Bc5vcKD.jpg

Steve quickly found school friends. He mainly spends his time with three girls.

Sofia Grantham-Lord living in the EdnaMary District with her farther a musician named Alexander, her mother an athlete named Robin and two siblings.

Marcy Glover-Senior living at the Ocean District, with her mother Gwen a division manager, and a younger sister Deborah, her mother got with her new partner Zac Whipsnake. Marcy farther Monty sadly died a few years after she was born.

Most well known in our circles Leslie Kerns-Bridge, Marylin’s younger sister which her farther got with his new wife Jenelle.

ho2awX9.jpg

Gregg career was taking off perfectly, he was now one of the major names in the 2nd ranks of pro-cycling and as such a local celebrity in his field. Often seen at the best restaurants, hotels and clubs in the city.

DzeEaUb.jpg

We recorded and released our 2nd album as The Green River, titled after Greggs song “No Lullaby”. The album sold 13.490 copies the first year, far from enough to break us at a national level, but enough to pay for the studio expenses and production cost. We got a small local cult following and some local airplay.

EBjdGP5.jpg

The Babysitter just left, grabbing a late bite, before heading to sleep after a long recording session

Am8WjMZ.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 6.7 Wild is the Wind

Music
    It was a rainy night between Saturday and Sunday, and we also had rain most of this summer day, but with little wind and fine temperatures it was quite nice anyway. In the afternoon the rain would stop making for a beautiful clear night.

In the morning as usual Steve was up before anyone else, he could not find anyone to play with and took his bike up to Ocean Metro, where we could practise chess. Later he took the metro to see the miniature buildings outside the new Office Tower.

aEPsaKc.jpg

Mother sometimes did some afternoon cleaning and dishes at the Nikodemus, this Sunday Emilia was there with Jimmy Queenland, slow dancing to the jukebox playing Ben Webster’s Over the rainbow.

Mother later told me, I had to investigate. Turned out there was nothing more to it, they were just good friends.

Zu8LDgJ.jpg

The new Metro stop at EdnaMary District quickly turned out to be a popular hangout for both commuters and locals.

This Sunday it was Steve’s friend Marcy Glower-Senior with her mother Gwen. Sofia Grantham-Lord another friend of Steve’s.

Celeste (with the rainbow umbrella) from the Dawson household, one of the new family’s recently moving to the city. Celeste is in the Army, living with her husband Monte (a scientist) at a penthouse apartment in New Town with their two children.

Also, Emilia’s daughter Malissa Kated is here, talking with her boyfriend Thaddeus Osborne-Bell on the cell phone.

Yz0NEeq.jpg

After nightfall Bar & Restaurant Nikodemus changed a lot, now you could buy anything you heart would desire, from suspect persons in front of or behind the bar.

That was exactly the kind of characters mother was here to observe. This late farther was here to protect her, quite a nasty spot in his opinion. The only good thing he could find here, was some instruments on a small stage in the room, but at this point he haven’t seen anyone use them.

AnsGd4Z.jpg

Even the doorman was a convicted criminal, a former bank rubber with known links to the underworld.

Jy002Ay.jpg

END OF CHAPTER 6

A flock of ducks passing the new Office Tower

GdpGtgJ.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options

Appendix 3.

Road and Metro Map Inner City.

tk4t8zu.jpg

Overview of the 3rd generation.

J8o5j2T.jpg

Some pictures of new buildings in the growing city.

A stop on the new subway line in the city

2aI7n8R.jpg

The new office-tower erected in the city centre at Old Town Avenue, between the Hospital and Civic Center, seen from Ocean District (Southeast)

4WpViil.jpg

Bar and Resturant Nekudemus, I don't think anyone ever came to this "hole" to eat anything. A low-end pub built by some mafia types “businessmen” in the old town

Lq81sdu.jpg
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    Oh, this is good stuff and very nice visuals. I like the idea of making a cd, complete with song titles and everything. I also like the map, and showing the houses and families that live in them.

Hehe, Dream Theater road. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top