Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @KaytayRoall:
    How did I miss commenting on that build? I think you nailed the style. At least, I'm under the impression that ST is supposed to be similar to many SoCal towns, and I see things with that sort of architecture all the time where I live. The open courtyard that you have is certainly fairly standard, along with the fountain in the middle of it. (Although you'd think, since we live in a natural desert, that fountains would not be such a great idea.)

I loved seeing a certain couple of Viking faeries visiting that place. And Prissy's sims too! Is that little Tina Livingood? Why yes, I think that is! It's really neat how you used the Sims from this exchange to test your build. And it was fun for us to see them!

I don't even know where to begin on what I like about it, but I think my favorite room are the arts and crafts rooms. I love how you used a splashily colorful rug under the easels to look like paint splashes on a paint rug. What a clever idea!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: I love that image you used, it brings back some nostalgia.

@Mystik1978: Well, I've been working very hard on the presentation today. I've taken loads of pics, because it needed it. :kissing:
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Except for that sneaky after midnight gift by Mia, I think I got finished with comments for all of yesterday's gifts (technically, I guess after midnight is today anyway, isn't it).

@MiaSkywalker I've never been a Berry sim kind of person, but I must say, Linette and Tomas both have such great colors and look good in them, too. I also really like their story. And Nebula Star - what a beautiful horse! Her coat is wonderful.

@ciane Blue Raspberry is very pretty. I really like that side view (the clothesline side), with the shape your 2nd floor siding appears to give it. What a nice big roomy kitchen - a great place for the cooking sim. All of your ceilings are lovely and complement the rooms so well. Lots of work in getting those patterns right!

@ADWilson Ooh, secrets! These two should be really interesting to play. And so should tomorrow be - staying tuned. :) I think it would be fun to just watch Katie and John and Prissy's sims turned loose in some unsuspecting world.

@DinoJr It never occurred to me your farmhouse was going to become a community lot. It turned out great! I love the minty exterior, the mismatched dining tables, the cozy fireplace room. Your gardens are well organized, attractive, and I'm sure well maintained, too. I'm glad you kept the tool shed - and mushrooms, yay! My current game has a farm to table type restaurant already, but it's pretty small, and I'm thinking I may just replace it with yours. I'll definitely use it somewhere along the line. :)

@KaytayRoall and @DinoJr I love how Selena Sinclair Studio turned out! So many great areas for creating with perfect details, beautiful displays, lovely fountain. I was surprised at how many of those visiting sim faces (and backsides) I am familiar with. Looks like a very fun lot to visit.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @KaytayRoall and @DinoJr
    The Selena Sinclair Studio is simple elegance in a serene environment! It is obvious that you two collaborate well together and hopefully we’ll see more from your team. A spacious floor plan, calm colors and obviously many hours spent adding all the little details/clutter makes this something that will see use in numerous game saves.

@DinoJr
    Kaelyn’s dream made reality is a pleasant surprise! Like others, I expected this to be turned into a family home but a farm to table café is perfect for this plot of land. The layout is organized and well thought out, the colors & furnishings invoke country charm and details like a mushroom shed and handicapped accessible/gender neutral bathroom really make this place stand out (in a good way!) in any neighborhood.
  • Options
    All gifts up to this point are CC Free and listed on the front page.

Now time for me to finalize the presentation on the next and final installment of The Tripp Lawson Story so it is good to go for tomorrow :)
    After I eat the dessert hubby dished up ... ice cream! Yummm. 1 scoop of Chocolate Trinity and 1 of Chocolate Moosetracks. Anybody figure out what flavor daughter and I are partial to? lol
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Jessabeans gift 3 is packed and ready to go, for today's gift I have another family for you and I was a bad boy and packed them with a house as a single gift again. :tongue: I had fun building for Aurora Skies but I wanted to make you something for another world you play in so for this family I designed them and their house for Hidden Springs. This is a much larger household than the last one containing 6 sims and 3 horses. So for today's gift I present to you the Wolfe Family and their house Lakeview Cabin:

39960338750_52c4e2054f_b.jpg
    41768077021_76d83cd412_b.jpg

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212556

In this large family we have in order of oldest to youngest Yona, Wohali, Inola, Tsula, Sequoyah, and Ama. And they have three horses named Sparrow, Lightning, and Wisp. Wisp is the daughter of the older horses. (Edit, there is supposed to be 3 minor pets on the lot as well, a turtle, a finch and a parrot. I don't know if minor pets transfer when a family and house are packed together and uploaded but I hope so.)

Some gameplay of the family here:
    41768084741_9d723e9ac2_z.jpg
    27898936758_24137e5ee8_z.jpg

To start off with have Yona the matriarch of the family, she is an elder sim who is an artist and a shaman. (witch and alchemist) She is a tad eccentric by very loving to her family.

Pictures of her outfits in the spoiler below:
    27898938168_9160271327_z.jpg
    40868872705_6afb9c4307_z.jpg

Next we have Yona's son Wohali. He is a High School teacher and resident comedian (a trait he gets from his mother. who loves to embarrass his teens with dad jokes. :tongue:

Pictures of his outfits in the spoiler below:
    41049989974_22ca143dc7_z.jpg
    41049990644_e06ef1f696_z.jpg

Next is Inola, she is Whoali's wife and a professional jockey. She is the more headstrong of the couple and has a passion for cooking.

26899843767_7c0599f349_z.jpg
    26899844647_cf10f8861b_z.jpg

Next is Tsula the oldest child of Inola and Whoali. She is a nature lover who is following in her Grandmother's footsteps to become a Shaman.

41049987514_73a936dac0_z.jpg
    41049988314_d86aed5da0_z.jpg

Next is Sequoyah, He is Whoali and Inola's second child. He takes after his mother in having a love for horses. He is quite shy and has a strong bond with his also shy horse Lightning.

Pictures of his outfits in the spoiler below:
    26899845927_ab37e43701_z.jpg
    41049986664_b4a4691566_z.jpg

Last but not least is their youngest child Ama. She is very athletic and loves to swim I mean LOVES to swim. :smiley:

39960308260_8bd57124a0_z.jpg
    39960309610_f63db06479_z.jpg

For their house I wanted a sort of cabin farm with dark woods but brightly colored furnishings. I attempted to make a curved bridge for this house which was more difficult that it sounds lol but I think I pulled it off.

Here is a LOT of pictures of the house lol:
    Exterior:
    39960310580_859b2f9d73_z.jpg
    27898911638_d1f29040e6_z.jpg
    39960315490_982bba8b0d_z.jpg
    First Floor:
    41768067361_3d04b6b642_z.jpg
    41768065581_0b2e92e8ec_z.jpg39960316230_0b9945936d_z.jpg
    39960315050_235a457f41_z.jpg
    39960314110_d7d5f058f1_z.jpg
    Second Floor:
    41768073591_7f9d973213_z.jpg
    27898914608_26d93d7eea_z.jpg
    41768075461_2a43cbe2df_z.jpg
    41768074331_7c93b7031f_z.jpg
    41768076571_8571f1757c_z.jpg
    Bathrooms: (well attempts at photographing them >_>)
    41768070251_a50e8fb9eb_z.jpg
    41768071871_dcba601c04_z.jpg

I loved making this family and I hope you enjoy having them in your game. They will be featured again in tomorrow's gift. ;)

And just like with the last family here is the house and family separated: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212559 and https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212558
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2018
    @KaytayRoall and @DinoJr This is stunning thank you both so much!I love it when people include things like the glass blowing station in art galleries. Gives us more reason to visit them. :) loving the natural woods and creams used for the walls and floors, it gives the build a stylish look without detracting from the art. The building is beautiful I love all the architecture to it and the landscaping. especially the fountain, love the shape of the fountain in the courtyard <3 , its really pretty. the areas with sculptures and knickknacks is a nice touch. A lot of custom art galleries seem to only have paintings. A lot of the custom worlds I play in are lacking an art gallery by default so this will be a nice alternative to the two I use normally. Awesome seeing my sims in the screenshots as well. :smiley: Thank you both again, its clear you two worked hard on this.

At everyone else this week has been super busy for me, I promise to get back on track with commenting on other's creations asap.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Catdog123 - Great looking sims and home. Their appeal and furnishings all seem so natural. Nice work!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Catdog123: Wotta cabin! That's not just a cabin, that's... a cabin! Just seeing the outside without the inside, I was already... wow! The decor on the inside goes so well, the native american style is one that I find attractive. I love how you used draperies on places other than the windows, to get a flowing nature kind of effect. Even the bathrooms, with their rock and wood colorings, fit in with the organic flow of everything.

The Sims themselves are so beautiful, and of course they fit in with the house. And the bedrooms, well, you can tell which one goes with each child.

I noticed that you stocked the nectar rack. It looks like some Sims will have some drinking to do! ;)

Edit: All three downloads checked and rec'd, and all are CC free!
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    @KaytayRoall

Gift # 2 of 3

In your letter you mentioned you like to play sims with a little backstory so I tried to create one you might find interesting.

The Fairchild Household : https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212555

screenshot-38.jpg

Clover Ayers and Rico Fairchild were both avid travels, spending their lives running from plane to plane loving the thrill of adventure.
    So it came as quite a shock to both of them when they found love together in their own small town. While their personalities clashed from time to time, the fire between them was unmistakable. It came as a bit of a surprise when only a few months later Clover found herself with child.
    The two quickly wed and spent their time happily raising 2 amazing children.

screenshot-43.jpg
    screenshot-42.jpg
    screenshot-41.jpg

But this is not their story. This is the story of their children Jacob and Jeni. Like any siblings they fought and laughed. Jacob was Athletic and loved sports like their father, Jeni was beautiful and a playful fairy like their mother.

screenshot-27.jpg
    screenshot-45.jpg
    screenshot-28.jpg
    screenshot-29.jpg

About a week before Jacob was set to graduate High School Clover received a phone call saying her and Rico won a free vacation. Jacob assured his parents that he would watch over Jeni and the two would be on their best behavior. Rico and Clover hadn't been on a real trip since the kids were born.

After three days the kids began to worry. Their calls to their parents went unanswered. after a week, the police got involved, but there were no clues where the parents disappeared too.
    Jacob had graduated High School, and a decision had to be made. He was suppose to head to the University after the summer break, but with his parents still missing he couldn't bare to leave little Jeni alone.
    So the two of them made a pact, Jeni would focus and work hard to finish her last year in school. Jacob would take a year off from school, and get a job to pay the bills and keep things running smoothly. Both kept secretly hoping that their parents would walk in the door any day, but each put on a brave face determined not to let the world crush them.

screenshot-39.jpg
    screenshot-40.jpg
    screenshot-34.jpg
    screenshot-38.jpg
    screenshot-36.jpg
    screenshot-37.jpg

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2018
    Dear @suzses

I hope you've had a great Saturday. I would like to present my third gift to you. A coffee house, I hope it will fit in with your makeover ideas for Moonlit Falls.

The Coffee Press
    20x30 Java Hut
    Built at 1135 Merchant Way, Moonlit Falls

tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7xe03RYKV1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo9_1280.jpg

upstairs lounge area
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    Reading area
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo8_1280.jpg
    Band Stage
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo10_1280.jpg

Play area
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7xdkcb3MM1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

Outdoor balcony seating
    tumblr_p7xe03RYKV1x95scjo2_r1_1280.jpg

I apologize for the presentation, I'm knackered but I wanted to get it posted tonight.

Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    @fleshjenn: Aww... what a sad story. :cry: We can just hope that their lives will become better now, and that Jacob will get a chance to go to college. In fact, we'll all have to play them and make sure that it does get better!

I've downloaded, checked, and rec'd it, and it's CC free.
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Wow! everyones pictures are so amazing! I cant wait to have some time to actually sit down and take a real look at all the wonderful creations.

@DinoJr The community lot looks beautiful, Thank you so much. my internet has been a pain since I got home and it took ages just to upload my gift and make the post. I will most definitely download everything tomorrow once I get home from work. it will be my special treat after I get my final gift uploaded tomorrow.
    have a wonderful night simmers!
  • Options
    *whew!* You guys are going fast! :D.

@jessabeans: That's a cool hipster looking joint, a nice place for our Sims to hang out in. It looks like there are enough things for our Sims to do, like reading, or playing pool. And of course, a place for their eats.

It's nice that it has a little play area for the tots, so they won't just sit and be bored and cry. Sims really shouldn't bring their kids to places like this, but you know Sims - they will anyway. :)

Downloaded, checked, and rec'd, and it's CC free. :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It has a real coffee flavor to it @Jessabeans!

Love that back story and your sims @fleshjenn!
  • Options
    We have begun the last day of gifting which is a happy and sad time for me.
    Happy because there will be more goodies given today.
    Sad because this means the event is almost over.

Will get caught up with updating the front page posts and compliments after I get a little bit of shut eye. It has been a long day.
    Good Night!
  • Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Ok, I need help :D I hit upload from the launcher for my two gifts and the status says "uploaded", but nothing is showing up in my studio or on the Exchange at all. I tried re-logging in and re-uploading, but nothing changed. Any advice?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    KhemKat19 wrote: »
    Ok, I need help :D I hit upload from the launcher for my two gifts and the status says "uploaded", but nothing is showing up in my studio or on the Exchange at all. I tried re-logging in and re-uploading, but nothing changed. Any advice?
    Sometimes something won't appear on the Exchange for several minutes, but it should appear in your studio right away. If it isn't there, then something glitched.

There are several things that could be causing this. The first one is that you might need to launch IE (even if you don't use it as your browser, the launcher does), and delete the IE cache files. If you never use IE at all, just have it delete everything. If you do use it, then you'll have to be more selective. After you do that, first try refreshing your studio to see if it's there, and if it still isn't, try the upload again.

If that doesn't work, another potential problem could be that your upload has an identical name to something already on the Exchange. Try going back into the game, renaming the lot/household (the household's name doesn't need to be the last name), and then try re-exporting it from the game. You might even change the name to something like "Khemkat's X Victorian" or "Khemkat's Y Cottage" or "Khekat's Z House" or whatever. That way you know the name is unique, because someone else isn't going to use your name in their upload. :)

Btw, if it IS in your studio, just wait a bit. It took almost an hour for my first gift to show up on the Exchange, although it showed up in my studio right away.

ETA: Oh, and you absolutely must be logged on to the launcher, as well as logged on at the site on your browser. At least, I've experienced problems if I haven't been logged on to both correctly. And I don't mean the forums, I mean the Exchange site itself.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the quick reply Mia! I'm going to try the IE thing (I rarely use it, so the cache files could definitely be a problem.) If that doesn't work, I'll go rename the lots. And if THAT doesn't work, I'll go cry (kidding!)

My studio is still empty, so something definitely went wrong lol, and I've refreshed it several times. I was also logged into my account on both the launcher and the Exchange, so I don't think that was the problem, but who knows. Anyway, I'll be back soon after attempting these!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Bummer...cleared my IE caches and cookies, went in and renamed the lots with KhemKat in the name, made sure everything was logged on correctly, and still nothing :( My studio is still sadly empty.

Edit: just tried uploading a screenshot, and it worked. So something is wrong with my lots?
  • Options
    @KhemKat19 : Try going into your game, renaming the lot, then re-exporting it. Then upload the new one. You may have to move the original out of your Exports directory before you re-export. Sometimes that fixes the problem. Make sure that the name you use will be unique to that lot, compared to other lots on the Exchange. The name has to be unique not just to YOUR files, but to anyone's.

It is a really foolish practice to store every user's uploads in the same place, but since I've seen this happen before with uploads, it is apparently what they do.
  • Options
    Aaaaand... when I tried to post my final gift, it was 4067 characters too long. Ok. Two posts it is, then.

Part 1 of 2

@Mystik1978:

And now my final gift to you - I hope you feel it was worth the wait -
    Mystikal Manor
    myst-vict-out-011_1_orig.jpg

This is extremely picture heavy! I have therefore put everything in spoilers, and sometimes spoilers within spoilers.

This Victorian requires the Now & Then Century Manor, but I didn't find out until after I was pretty far into it that you don't own it. :( It's available on the DD three times, however, and one of those times for 434 points, so you can get it for a reasonable price. I don't know when that deal will be up as I haven't followed the thread and spreadsheet for a few years, so you'll have to check for the dates and times later. I highly recommend the set if you like Victorians since many Victorians on the Exchange use it, and I definitely recommend it if you're a builder.

All items should be upgraded (unless I missed a couple). Fireproof as applicable, self-cleaning as appropriate. I may have forgotten to boost the channels of the TV; I had meant to do it, but now that I think about it, I might have forgotten. The stove was already fireproof, so I upgraded it with the improve meal quality option. Sometimes I will hide a fire alarm behind the refrigerator, but I didn't in this case because everything had been made fireproof. I did, however, hide a burglar alarm behind one of the paintings in the entry way.

You will absolutely NEED to use the free real estate cheat, unless you're playing a family that has already gotten incredibly rich. I will say this: If you explore around enough, your Sims should be able to get back all the money they spent on the house, and more.

The house ended up being much larger than I had expected it to be; I've never been a very good judge of distance/volume/size.

There really isn't a lot more to say about this build, other than to show you lots of pictures. :) So here we go, on a tour of the house.

First, the floor layouts
    First Floor: Entryway, Parlor, Sitting room, Dining room, Kitchen
    myst-vict-layout-01_orig.jpg

Second Floor: Billiard room, Drawing room, Library, Study, and second floor gallery
    myst-vict-layout-02_orig.jpg

Third Floor: Master bedroom, Children's bedrooms, Nursery, Playroom, third floor gallery
    myst-vict-layout-03_orig.jpg

Fourth Floor: Attic and....
    myst-vict-layout-04_orig.jpg

Cellar: Wine racks, storage, and servants quarters. And perhaps something else...
    myst-vict-layout-05_orig.jpg

First Floor: Entryway, Parlor, Sitting room, Dining room, Kitchen
    myst-vict-f1-002_orig.jpg

Parlor
    myst-vict-f1-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-015_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-016_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-017_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-018_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-045_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-046_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-048_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-049_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-050_orig.jpg

Sitting room
    myst-vict-f1-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-011_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-012_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-013_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-014_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-042_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-043_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-044_orig.jpg

Dining room
    myst-vict-f1-005_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-019_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-020_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-021_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-022_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-051_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-052_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-053_orig.jpg

Kitchen
    myst-vict-f1-006_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-027_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-023_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-024_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-025_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-026_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-054_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-055_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-056_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-057_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-058_orig.jpg

Entryway
    myst-vict-f1-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-007_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f1-008_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-005_orig.jpg

Second Floor: Billiard room, Drawing room, Library, Study, and second floor gallery
    Billiard room
    myst-vict-f2-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-007_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-008_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-009_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-010_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-035_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-036_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-037_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-038_orig.jpg

Drawing room
    myst-vict-f2-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-011_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-013_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-014_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-016_orig.jpg

Note: The piano is usable, but if one of your Sims picks it up, you'll need to MOO it back into place.
    myst-vict-cu-029_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-026_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-027_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-028_orig.jpg

Library
    myst-vict-f2-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-017_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-018_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-019_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-020_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-033_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-034_orig.jpg

Study
    myst-vict-f2-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-021_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-022_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-023_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-024_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-031_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-032_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-030_orig.jpg

Hallway/Gallery
    myst-vict-f2-025_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-026_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-027_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-028_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-029_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f2-005_orig.jpg

Third Floor: Master bedroom, Children's bedrooms, Nursery, Playroom, third floor gallery
    Master Bedroom
    myst-vict-f3-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-007_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-008_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-009_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-010_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-015_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-014_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-016_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-017_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-018_orig.jpg

Girl's bedroom
    myst-vict-f3-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-013_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-011_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-012_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-008_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-009_orig.jpg

Boy's bedroom
    myst-vict-f3-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-014_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-015_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-016_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-010_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-011_orig.jpg

Nursery
    myst-vict-f3-005_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-019_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-020_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-017_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-018_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-019_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-020_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-021_orig.jpg

Children's Playroom
    myst-vict-f3-006_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-021_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-022_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-023_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-024_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-025_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-022_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-023_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-024_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-025_orig.jpg

Third floor gallery
    myst-vict-f3-028_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-026_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f3-027_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-013_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Part 2 of 2

@Mystik1978:

Fourth Floor: Attic and....
    Hm... I wonder what those black areas are?
    myst-vict-f4-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f4-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f4-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f4-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-006_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-007_orig.jpg

Cellar: Wine racks, storage, and servants quarters. And perhaps something else...
    myst-vict-f0-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f0-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f0-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f0-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f0-005_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f0-006_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-f0-007_orig.jpg

Outside the house
    The outside of the house
    Yeah, I'm kind of showing off, because I was very pleased with this when I was done. ;)
    myst-vict-out-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-005_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-007_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-008_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-009_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-010_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-011_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-012_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-013_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-014_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-017_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-018_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-019_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-020_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-021_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-022_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-023_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-024_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-025_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-out-026_orig.jpg

The gardens
    myst-vict-gar-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-005_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-006_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-007_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-008_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-009_orig.jpg

Ok, now this one was strange. If you look down at the greenhouse roof, you'll see that the room below it looks empty. The room below is the study, and it is absolutely not empty. I'm guessing that this was a glitch in the game. I don't know if it happens often, or if it just happened this once, but it certainly is puzzling.
    myst-vict-gar-010_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-011_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-012_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-013_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-014_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-015_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-016_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-017_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-018_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-019_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-020_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-021_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-022_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-023_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-024_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-025_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-027_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-029_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-030_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-031_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gar-032_orig.jpg

The gazebo
    myst-vict-gaz-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gaz-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gaz-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gaz-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gaz-006_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gaz-007_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-gaz-008_orig.jpg

The testing Sims upgrading and testing things
    Are these guys familiar? :p Actually, I changed them a lot after this; while playing I saw many things I wanted to change about each of them. These Sims are only a copy, though; the ones I have uploaded to the Exchange are directly from CAS, so have no skills, and only have default money and default items in their inventories.
    myst-vict-st-001_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-002_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-003_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-004_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-006_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-007_orig.jpg

Magically upgrading stuff
    myst-vict-st-008_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-010_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-011_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-013_orig.jpg

Why she's staring at his backside and thinking of hot dogs, I neither know nor want to ask...
    myst-vict-st-015_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-st-018_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-039_1_orig.jpg
    myst-vict-cu-040_1_orig.jpg

About the build and layout
    I got the floor plans to this build from an absolutely wonderful PDF I downloaded, which @creativemetaphor told some of us about in an exchange I ran some time ago. It's a scan of a book written by an architectural firm, Hobbs's Architecture. The book has over 100 floor plans in it; 121, to be exact. These are mostly Victorian (the book was published in 1876), but the book is described as being of "Villas, Cottages, and Other Edifices, Both Suburban and Rural".

This one was floor plan number 84, on page 189. They even give the dimensions of each room, which is very helpful. I have found that while the dimensions can't be held to exactly - they don't always add up, for one thing, which makes me believe that they don't list the dimensions of some of the hallways and smaller rooms - they are still incredibly useful, particularly as they show you the outside appearance of the building along with the floor plan itself. They often only show two floors - sometimes even only one - even on buildings that have three or more stories. It means you have to guess a little on the upper floors, but that's probably for the best, anyway.

I wanted to share this information with you, because some of you may find this book useful as well.
    myst-vict-plans-01_orig.png
    myst-vict-plans-02_orig.png

That might have been a bit too much, but I really enjoyed making this particular build. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @MiaSkywalker I went in and renamed the lots (and they are definitely unique names; one is "Not a Ranch but Countryish by KhemKat No CC", re-exported them, re-uploaded them, and they're still not showing in my studio. I had deleted the previous ones from the exports folder, so those shouldn't have interfered. I've checked them with custard, they're CC-free. I'm at a total loss :(

Edit: But in other news, your latest build looks incredible! I really need to go back through the thread and look at all the other creations everyone's posted!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hey all, sneaky sally has been lurking ;) you guys outdid yourself! Amazing gifts! I might steal some stuff when I have time to play.

I really hope there will be an exchange during the summer, I'll probably have plenty time then :)

Well, have some more fun and hopefully see you all soon again!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Saw your PM and postings here @KhemKat19
    Sent a PM "mini novel" just now with a few suggestions on what you can try and see if it resolves this issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top