Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    chalicen wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016 I'm good, thank you! Just sitting here, writing my next update, wishing forums were more active... I suppose everyone is asleep or busy xD End of the year, after all. How are you?

I'm good. Watching funny youtube videos and writing chapters. I've got 2 weeks off now so I can just chill. :)

Awesome! Also I love your signature, it's mesmerising... I've been staring at it... I HAVE to give it a click now :D

@chalicen Thanks but it won't lead to anything. The links are below. :)
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @Bugsie2016 I'm good, thank you! Just sitting here, writing my next update, wishing forums were more active... I suppose everyone is asleep or busy xD End of the year, after all. How are you?

I'm good. Watching funny youtube videos and writing chapters. I've got 2 weeks off now so I can just chill. :)

Awesome! Also I love your signature, it's mesmerising... I've been staring at it... I HAVE to give it a click now :D

Yeah I worked it out xD I'm reading your legacy now. Interestingly enough, I don't think I've ever really seen Bob Pancakes around in my game O.o I mean, I suppose he was only around in generation 1... but still...
  • Options

Yeah I worked it out xD I'm reading your legacy now. Interestingly enough, I don't think I've ever really seen Bob Pancakes around in my game O.o I mean, I suppose he was only around in generation 1... but still...

I'd say enjoy but i'm not too fond of the earlier parts of my legacy :lol: My apocalypse story is well...a different story as it's my 'baby'. I could probably sit and write 10 chapters of WAWRMO in a row. :joy:
  • Options

I'd say enjoy but i'm not too fond of the earlier parts of my legacy :lol: My apocalypse story is well...a different story as it's my 'baby'. I could probably sit and write 10 chapters of WAWRMO in a row. :joy:

Ahhh, then I should definitely check that out too! I just went for the legacy first because I love legacies. It's hard to not when I write one myself xD
  • Options

Ahhh, then I should definitely check that out too! I just went for the legacy first because I love legacies. It's hard to not when I write one myself xD

Same. :) I like how mine is now but I don't really like the beginning of BL. It's probably just me :lol:
  • Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    Anybody have any tips to on getting Max Skill on a toddler to get the top-notch toddler trait?
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    @elifdapeton I would just use the items that boost that particular skill. :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Anybody have any tips to on getting Max Skill on a toddler to get the top-notch toddler trait?

Play with the tots nonstop ! (When adults are available , that is ) and try rotating through all skills .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Discovering a secret in...
    Chapter 4: Ron
    C9XwIPJl.png
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

If you have the toddler stuff pack, i’ve found play dates to be incredible for this. Just invite that toddler to a play date with one from another lot. If you do that enough, their movement, communication, and imagination will be maxed or close to it, so you just have to focus on thinking.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Play with the tots nonstop ! (When adults are available , that is ) and try rotating through all skills .

It's kind of hard with the toddler since they don't have a bed that have better energy. All my older sims slept in princess Cordelia's beds so they can use most of the time skilling up. on the other hand, playing nonstop with toddler usually just made them mad.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hello fellow Simming friends, I have returned after an unintended absence mostly due to my graduation from my masters program over the weekend and getting slammed with a head cold (thankfully I was okay for commencement). I am looking forward to my vacation and catching up with the Sims, writing, the forums, and all sorts of other things that have been on hold lately. Hope you all are well, and enjoying the holiday season!

What's everyone up to?

I've been playing for fun in the Sims in between taking care of my now sick spouse and finishing Christmas shopping today. :)

you aren't supposed to make your hubby sick. the vows go in sickness and in health not make each other sick. sorry i hope he feels better soon.
  • Options
    Hey @friendsfan367 You feeling better today?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

no lol. i could have slept longer . mom was going to pick me up at 10 now shes going to be late. so i got up early for nothing.
  • Options

no lol. i could have slept longer . mom was going to pick me up at 10 now shes going to be late. so i got up early for nothing.

I hope you feel better, well less tired. :)
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello! How is everyone? :smile: Are you ready for Christmas? (Those of you who celebrate, of course.)
  • Options
    Hello! How is everyone? :smile: Are you ready for Christmas? (Those of you who celebrate, of course.)

Hey @CharmingMaruska ! I'm doing okay. And you?
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    So ready for Christmas! (Actually no, but I'm still eager for it to happen. XD I just have to do some baking and gift wrapping, so I should be fine.)

Anyways, I have a question for you guys. When do you think it's time to put warnings on your chapters? I added one at the beginning of my most recent one, since there was talk of seduction and I feared some people might think a Sims 4 Disney story was fine for young children, but it was very, very mild, so I don't know if it was necessary. :S

Here's the link if anyone wants to give their opinion: Snow White - Courtship - Part 9
  • Options
    @SerraNolwen I put a warning on the front page if it's going to happen a lot (like with language in WAWRMO ) but if it's only one chapter then I would put it on the chapter itself. Certain things I include in the warning that don't happen too often get a warning on the chapter. :)
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Yeah, I figured I'd do something like that. It shouldn't happen very often, anyway. I just don't know if the warning was even needed here. No idea who might be reading my stories and how sensitive some people might be.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

It's kind of hard with the toddler since they don't have a bed that have better energy. All my older sims slept in princess Cordelia's beds so they can use most of the time skilling up. on the other hand, playing nonstop with toddler usually just made them mad.

That's why you rotate skills, so it keeps fun. I find that it varies by the individual toddler--different ones like different things, so as you get to know them, you can stop with the skill before they get to the sad or mad point.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

That's why you rotate skills, so it keeps fun. I find that it varies by the individual toddler--different ones like different things, so as you get to know them, you can stop with the skill before they get to the sad or mad point.

So I'm just that one horrible parent that pushes them until they're mad :(
  • Options
    Ok, anyone know where I left my brain. I've done something hilarious and just realised. :joy:
  • Options
    Ok, anyone know where I left my brain. I've done something hilarious and just realised. :joy:

O.o whad you do
  • Options
    edited December 2017

O.o whad you do

I went to read through the WAWRMO chapter draft and noticed....
    both the Haynes sisters partners were called Max. :sweat_smile: I'm rolling with it. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top