Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    The design and furnishing of Safari Siesta is very nice! @Paigeotto :) The outdoors living armchair and sofa sitting and painting area in the pergola area in the picture looks so very nice! I am sorry that you had issues and couldn’t upload the room with this section in it. The interior areas look very nice! Very nice corner sink and drinks area! The glasses and mugs look very nice how they have been placed on the wall shelves! The elephant pictures are a nice touch on the wall. Nice dining table area for the sims to sit and have a piece of fruit or a cup of coffee. The orange and yellow patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room and the patterned curtains look very nice! Nice windows armchairs sitting nook for sims to rest there in the sunshine. The floor patterning in the sofa seats lounge area suits the Safari theme well! The plants are nice touches of green and the outdoors in the lounge area , and the books look great behind the sofa. The candle on the coffee table is pretty and restful to look at. Very nice canopy bed! It looks very nice how the patterned wall creates a nook area for the bed.
    It is a very nice Safari themed room! :)
  • Options
    Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    QC Room challenge no: 70
    Origin ID: Liz_GoBucks
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Luxury Safari Retreat
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/51F7000ED0B411E7839105A57EEC9667
    Notes about entry: I overlapped the bamboo plants by the waterfall. I wanted them to look like corner pots. Also, the curtains around the bed are floating and slightly touching. I wanted it to look like those curtains they put around beds to keep bugs out. I tried using columns but it didn't look right, so I placed them slightly touching instead.
    byPvTvp.png
    7mO0wg7.png
    cv9C7qU.png
    vnVvERt.png
    wVgXp0w.png
    8l54UxO.png

• Options
    The design and furnishing of Luxury Safari is very nice! @Liz_GoBucks :) The green , brown and orange colour scheme of the room looks very nice and the green patterned walls gives a very feel to the room. Very nice bed area! The curtains are a nice touch on the edges of the bed, and the patterned flooring under the bed suits the theme well. It looks very nice the way the water feature window and bamboo plants either sides of it, separates off the bed area. Very nice green sofa and armchair lounge area for sims to relax there and watch tv. The wall paintings add a nice touch to the room area. The Sims will enjoy the nice aroma of the incense filling the room. The suitcases and camera are great travel items in the room! The giraffe is great there! Very nice outdoors living and dining armchairs sittting area! Sims will enjoy chatting there in the outdoors air , having a drink from the bar or eating meals cooked on the bbq. The plants both in the main area of the room as well as on the patio, are very nice nature touches.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I totally forgot about about the giraffe carpet lol xD Very nice choice guys ^_^
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited November 2017
    Origin ID: Ainsleyfr
    Gallery Name: The Jungle Room
    Gallery Link: The Jungle Room
    Notes about entry: Don't really have any...I was going to put a hot tub on the patio but I didn't like the way it looked..so...
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    f2nCqAL.png
    MORE HERE:
    O1mtcYp.png
    M2W3QcK.png
    ZcK4ZTX.png
    ZpF5iQJ.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • Options
    The layout and furnishing of The Jungle Room looks very nice! @Ainsleyf :) Very nice design of the bar area! The mural looks great there on the bar counter wall and the cabinets above it. It is creative touch the way that the loungers in the middle area of the room are facing two different directions. Sims will enjoy sitting there having a drink from the bar and warching tv. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the middle table. The green patterned flooring and the black and white floor rug under the sitting area looks very effective! Very nice bed area! The curtains look very nice how they have been placed on the bedhead wall and the sun wall decor is a nice touch on the wall. The plants through the room look very nice and suit the safari theme well! Very nice outdoors living patio! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table, or resting on the sofa and armchairs, having a chat and enjoying the outdoors air. The candle , plants and floral greenery are calming there, The patterned floor prints add a very special look to the patio area,
    It is a very nice Safari lodgings room! :)
  • Options
    Thanks so very much @Rosemow. I'm having a bear of a time trying to see other rooms. Pics aren't downloading or aren't appearing at all. Is anyone else having the same trouble???
  • Options
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Thanks so very much @Rosemow. I'm having a bear of a time trying to see other rooms. Pics aren't downloading or aren't appearing at all. Is anyone else having the same trouble???

Hello @Ainsleyf
    I am sorry that you are having issues seeing the pictures :( They are appearing okay for me.
  • Options
    kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    Very pretty room @Ainsleyf The pictures download fine for me too.
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• Options
    Entry Form:
    Origin ID: kimartist
    Gallery Name: African Safari Suite
    Gallery Link: thesims.com/gallery/DEA4FE9AD21311E78219EC099AB30C43
    Notes about entry:
    I added 2 walls just to add the curtains and the spandrels, but still left the room as one open room. Paint by reference by #tiya33 The Candle's Crib lanterns are too low to show the complete item, if raised, they look like they are floating instead.
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    11_25_17_1_56_19_PM.png
    11_25_17_1_52_51_PM.png
    11_25_17_1_52_25_PM.png

More Images: Image Album
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

• Options
    edited November 2017
    The furnishing and layout of African Safari Suite looks very nice! @kimartist :) Very nice brown, orange and green colour scheme of the room. The outdoors patio area looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs or at the umbrella covered table in the outdoors air. The patterned floor rug under the table adds a very nice look to the patio area! The water fountain is a nice touch there, and the plants bring the Safari natural setting into the room. Very nice bed area! It looks nice the way that the curtains are are over the entry to the bed area, and the orange floor rug and the orange ottoman stool are nice touches under and at the foot of the bed. The giraffe lamps look great on the bedside tables,Very nice sofas seat sitting area for sims to relax and watch tv. They will have fun playing chess in the room. Very nice bar counter nook! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar. The bottles shelving and the wall plants either sides of it looks very nice there. Very nice windows corner reading nook for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them as they rest in the armchair and read a book.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow for you very kind words about my room. It just amazes me at how much time to take to look at everyone's creations. We all appreciate it :)
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks so much @rosemow for the kind words! I really enjoyed creating this room! Was a lot of fun :)
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, so...I've updated my puter, restarted and same issue. It's weird. Like, my own entry shows no photos at all on my screen. I can see @JosieAglin's entry...very cool BTW love the woods and golds and plants and the flagstone terrace! And @Kimartist - very cool what you did with the bed area and love the splashes of rich green. I get a 1" strip of the top of @paigeotto's first image, and that's it. I'm stumped. Same issue on other threads. Of course hashtags aren't working on the gallery either. I suppose I can see if I can check it all out from work on my lunch hour tomorrow!
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Entry Form:
    Origin ID: liel88
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate/experienced?
    Gallery Name: Serengeti Getaway
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/29DFC3C3D2B911E78195EC099AB30C43
    Notes about entry: I used the move objects cheat to put some of the decorations and furniture closer together, i tested the room with one of my sims and everything seems to work fine without any obstacles. I also added a roof, just to complete the look of the cabin.
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    jl0erc5.jpeg
    PFr9idq.jpeg
    YsysWJU.jpeg
    eKiQwRZ.jpeg
    aXRaLcB.jpeg
    4b7AvdW.jpeg

gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    The furnishing and colour scheme of Serengeti Getaway is very nice! @liel88 :) The wooden flooring and walls gives a great cabin feel to the room. Very nice outdoors dining area on the patio! It looks great that the umbrella has been placed in the picnic table! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating them under the shelter of the umbrella, or enjoy resting on the seat benches in the outdoors air. The lantern lights are pretty there. Very nice layout of the inside areas of the room. The floor patterning suirs the theme well, and looks great! Very nice corner armchair and sofa seat sitting nook for Sind to enjoy resting on the angled sofa or chair watching tv, or reading a book. The giraffe looks great there! The books on the luggage case and the globe suit well the traveller theme. It looks very nice how the patterned walls separate off the room areas, Very nice bed area! The butterflies look very pretty on the bedhead wall! The candles are a calming touch on the bedside tables. The hanging robes are a homely touch. Nice sink and drinks nook for sims to get a cup of coffee and sit at the windows table drinking it in the sunlight coming in through the windows,
    It is a very nice Safari themed room ! :)
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Thanks again @rosemow for taking the time to review my room and for your kind words! :)
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    @ainsleyf mine has been strange 2. Sometimes some photos will load and sometimes none will
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    Serengeti Getaway is very nice! @liel88 I love the rich dark colors.
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I have trouble with my build. I was getting ready to post it when I noticed my ceiling lights are gone. I've tested it on several different lots with different lights and still have the issue... :'( I can't figure it out and even if I do I have to retake all my pictures. :'(:'(
    I've looked at all the different rooms here ( each and every one are very cool so far ) and you all have ceiling lights....*cries a little more*
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2017
    Entry Form:
    Origin ID: kilra0
    Gallery Name: Red Desert Sand V2
    Gallery Link: right version
    Notes about entry: happy about uploading my room today and noticed now that my lot played a trick on me and changed the wall hight. I've changed it and did another version (v2) to match the challenge. I changed 1 window and I think one of the palm leaves (of all big palms) is sticking into the ceiling (not quite sure). Also on the terrace one of the palms is sticking into the trim/spandrel.
    eli6asa1nm0q.png
    mzbqxo0spfir.png
    q3zjcnffc0v0.png
    22yvpc77wyxi.png
    ig80g52b7xq1.png
    m683mbvvds3o.png
    Post edited by kilra0 on
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,121 Member
    edited November 2017
    Entry Form:
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Circle Of Life
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/31D80EE4D2FB11E7833BEC099AB30C43?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    New (again for the last time...I promise :p ) gallery link
    I moved the bench on the patio slightly so the Sims could sit there. I thought I play tested that part yesterday, and it was fine. Here's the new link. I also changed the room type to bedroom :).
    Notes about entry:
    The yellow rug represents the sun, the green floor covering represents the savannah and the blue rugs represent water holes where the giraffes, etc. can drink.
    KCiFa9L.jpg
    watching the giraffes just before they graze or drink --- shows most of the room.
    bsTYcu7.jpg
    birds eye view ---- brief afternoon nap to fix their jet lag. They spent the morning exploring.
    6inUNSP.jpg
    sitting by the fireplace --- since it was afternoon, it was too early to turn it on
    oSr5AQ8.jpg
    watching TV
    nagse4k.jpg
    sitting on their wonderful patio.
    pMeqBm3.jpg
    bubble blower at night on the patio
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Wow fantastic safari rooms already, they all look amazing

@liel88 welcome to the qc comps great first entry, I suggest when first entering to start out in intermediate level and if I feel it belongs in a higher level while judging I will bump you up :)

@mannanna just make a note on your entry form that they keep disappearing and even add a picture on your entry form of aeriel view so we can see where you placed them I will take it into account while judging
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Hi.......... @Cbear13 --- I Have been lurking On & Off........... I SO Missed Your Wonderful Challenges..........I Would Like To Say These Are ALL Stunning!!!! I Am Very Inspired To Try This Challenge :D:D:D<3<3<3 Missed These <3
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    I Was Going By NiagaraChik Back When I Participated A Couple Of Years Ago........... I Think The Last One I Did Was The Movie Theater ONE.........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top