Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: SPY VS SPY!

Comments

• Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    I pronunce Eva as eei-vah. My accent is weird XD

I literally have no idea what the "eei" sound is. :joy: I suppose we should all just continue to pronounce it however the heck we like!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Language is weird
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Language is weird

Amen to that! :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited September 2017
    Turner wrote: »
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Oh, is that all? I was expecting word play. Like T-roll the troll. :p

Like Hugh G. Rection? ;)

Or Mike Hunt. :D

I just pronounced Taiha as spelled. Tie-Hah

It's pronounced Tay-Uh. :P But theres like no way of knowing that first try XD

Miraculously I was doing Tay-uh from the start :b

A true Christmas miracle that one is O.O
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    I pronounce Eva as ever and Ava as Ave a like Have a. But again that's the accent.

Taiha i've always said as Tie-He-A.

Oh Lorde, I wish I could hear your accent... By that way of pronounciation, I expect it to be VERY thick O.O
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Taiha as ty-eya XD
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I pronounce Eva as ever and Ava as Ave a like Have a. But again that's the accent.

Taiha i've always said as Tie-He-A.

Oh Lorde, I wish I could hear your accent... By that way of pronounciation, I expect it to be VERY thick O.O

It depends, My normal accent used to be alot worse (what's known as a Rhonda or Valleys accent) but it's toned down abit since i went to London because no one could understand me in auditions.

If i say it in my fake english accent i can say it properly. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    but for now we can just say she's cishet.

In my novel series, my protagonist is a girl named Freya and she does not have an explicitly stated sexuality. It's not important to the narrative, and then it gives readers the chance to see her as whatever they'd like allowing them to relate to her on different levels. Other characters, however, have explicit sexualities and gender identities.

Never heard of "cishet" before! Is that a newly coined term? I like it, it's short, and describes most people on the planet. You wouldn't want a long name for what most people are, right? :p Something short is good.

That's a very good point. Whereas I don't always like vague sexualities (I have my reasons), in some cases it can be hugely successful to be vague since it gives the audience a chance to see them however they like, and that's not a bad idea at all. But then sometimes you get a TON of speculation, which forces the author to address it or continue to ignore it for the shoots and giggles :lol:
  • Options
    Screenshot.jpg

COME ON WIL! YOU MESSED UP A PERFECTLY GOOD RAINBOW! plum XD

It's funny how most of the remaining contestants seem to have a color assigned to them. Guess the Gov is Col. Mustard in this game. :D

That was actually purposeful! :p There were only a few colors left and I was like, "Why not give him some Colonel Mustard vibes?", but it turned out brighter than I expected, hence, that sun joke. XD
  • Options

In my novel series, my protagonist is a girl named Freya and she does not have an explicitly stated sexuality. It's not important to the narrative, and then it gives readers the chance to see her as whatever they'd like allowing them to relate to her on different levels. Other characters, however, have explicit sexualities and gender identities.

Never heard of "cishet" before! Is that a newly coined term? I like it, it's short, and describes most people on the planet. You wouldn't want a long name for what most people are, right? :p Something short is good.

That's a very good point. Whereas I don't always like vague sexualities (I have my reasons), in some cases it can be hugely successful to be vague since it gives the audience a chance to see them however they like, and that's not a bad idea at all. But then sometimes you get a TON of speculation, which forces the author to address it or continue to ignore it for the shoots and giggles :lol:

I've started to see cishet on the internet this year, so it must be new. Although it could use some orthographic fixes, like adding a dash, because it can be read wrong with the way it's spelled, lol. I know I did the first time I read it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Screenshot.jpg

It's funny how most of the remaining contestants seem to have a color assigned to them. Guess the Gov is Col. Mustard in this game. :D
    Speaking of colors, Wonder if the spys have been given the color green to wear to keep with The Moles theme? ;)

Maybe Pacco could host all-stars then? The other Grey is in jail after all. ;)
    That's going to be one he[color][/color]ck of a showdown then. :)

Too soon Vul, too soon :lol:
    But true! I thought it would be cool to bring Grey back, but he's in jail, sooo.... I suppose another Mr. Grey will have to do. ;) ....OR I could get the guy from 50 Shades Of Grey? :Joy:
    ACTUALLY. All jokes aside, using a previous contestant as a host isn't a bad idea, especially if that contestant didn't make the cut and everyone wanted him/her back. At one point I thought I wanted Grey to host, but his personality is too undefined; I really have no idea who or what he is XD And he's hosted 2 seasons already.
  • Options

Screenshot-24.jpg

Also, the pun is interesting in this picture :smirk::innocent:

"Punis" most DEFINITELY sounds like something else I know... ;) Even more reason the word sin is written above it. :lol:
    So that's funny you picked that up, didn't even realize the word pun was in it!
  • Options
    Basically: I don't know how accurate that 15% number is, a few years ago it was 5%, then 10%, now the entire LGBT community is apparently OVER 15%, and I can't decide myself if that's close or not, but either way, 4 out of 12 is 33%, essentially DOUBLE the average. So I agree that may be considered as over representation, but so far only Paul, Giles, and Ben are confirmed LGBT, making it only a fourth of the cast which isn't bad at all. Just a pity that it's all guys and not any women. It would be more representative if you had a bi/gay woman in there, but who knows, perhaps we do? ;) (lol I'm pretty sure we don't though)

BLANCHE! She HAS to make a cameo this season! :smiley:

Let's just pretend that Blanche has died. :joy: RIP

Actually... There's a mission I have in mind that could use a cameo or two. Perhaps Blanche will make the cut? :)
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Oh yeah cishet means cis gendered heterosexual. And I agree that it should probably have a dash because at first I read it as cis 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as if it was saying cis gendered people are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 which I eventually learned wasn't the case :D

I usually don't like vague sexualities if it's used as a sort of queer bait, but from a writing standpoint it just always isn't important enough to decide. My main character at two points in the series have both a girl and a guy confess their interest in her, but as the protagonist she has bigger things to worry about than romance, and I could just never decide an orientation for her. So *shrug*
  • Options
    I agree with Turner. Although there is some element of intimacy, I'd say that Giles and Eva's relationship was more physical than anything. ;)

I want to see Paul break that player in Giles QAQ
    Make him fall in love. Make him want commitment for the first time. QAQ
    Make it adorable QAQ
    lol

Hmmm.... Interesting... Very interesting.... :lol: I shall keep this in my back pocket! I saw the potential relationship moreso from the angle of Giles changing PAUL, rather than Paul changing Giles. I like the different perspective of it though, for sure. :hushed:
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »

I still have a feeling that there is some kind of a curse concerning Giles. Remember, Ben had a slight crush on Giles and there were a few flirtatous moments between Eva and Giles, and BOTH Ben and Eva got eliminated :o Maybe this is a sign? :#

To be honest, The Gov is growing to one of my favourites this season, too :D I like that he isn't even trying to be the nice guy and just is The Gov, that makes him really interesting, and that scene in Norway was just hilarious <3

Perhaps Kaitlin isn't the cursed one after all... It's Giles! You may or may not be onto something ;) Haha.

I can no longer deny that The Gov is growing to be one of my favorites as well! I just realized who his character reminds me of: Ron Swanson from Parks & Rec. Why? Because although Ron is the stereotypical "macho man", there's something about that that makes him feel really original, and every joke lands so well. Like, every Ron and Gov joke made, the immediate reaction is pretty much "Oh, that is SO ___!"
    I dunno, just something I thought of. XD The Governor is just such a character, and I knew I could rely on him for some consistently good jokes and running gags. :p
    (And thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it :blush: )
  • Options
    I gotta say i'm suprised with how popular the Gov has become though, I thought people were going to hate him with a passion. Turns out he's more likeable than i thought which is a welcome surprise, I'm sure Ol' Davey Jones would be be glad he has a fan following. :mrgreen:

He's an antagonist so I see why people might not like him, but he's funny and goofy XD And its great satire on politicans XD So he's awesome :3

"Satire on politicians" was the phrase I was looking for, yes. :p That's why he's so great! Very funny. He takes himself so seriously and doesn't realize how ridiculous it comes across at times.
    I feel like Drump was a missed opportunity, but Dave Byrd fits too. Woulda been even better if he had bird-like features, such as a long narrow nose XD
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I've started to see cishet on the internet this year, so it must be new. Although it could use some orthographic fixes, like adding a dash, because it can be read wrong with the way it's spelled, lol. I know I did the first time I read it.

Yeah, I definitely made the "sh" sound my first time around. XD Didn't realize it was cis and then hetero until I looked it up. Cis-het would probably be more appropriate, but I suppose cishet is easier :p
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Oh yeah cishet means cis gendered heterosexual. And I agree that it should probably have a dash because at first I read it as cis plum as if it was saying cis gendered people are plum which I eventually learned wasn't the case :D

I usually don't like vague sexualities if it's used as a sort of queer bait, but from a writing standpoint it just always isn't important enough to decide. My main character at two points in the series have both a girl and a guy confess their interest in her, but as the protagonist she has bigger things to worry about than romance, and I could just never decide an orientation for her. So *shrug*

cis-poo :lol:

And I agree with all of that. I suppose it depends on the situation, story, and character. Sometimes it feels like a cop-out, or like queer baiting as you said, but other times, it shouldn't matter, especially if the story doesn't call for a love story.
    My main thing is I don't enjoy overused stereotypes. As long as those are avoided, I'm happy.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Alright, I'm done spamming this thread (for now :lol: ). Time for this little duckie to shut up and dance go to bed!!

orYOw_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=mondaymotivation-reactions&l=search&f=.gif
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Screenshot.jpg

Speaking of colors, Wonder if the spys have been given the color green to wear to keep with The Moles theme? ;)

But true! I thought it would be cool to bring Grey back, but he's in jail, sooo.... I suppose another Mr. Grey will have to do. ;) ....OR I could get the guy from 50 Shades Of Grey? :Joy:
    ACTUALLY. All jokes aside, using a previous contestant as a host isn't a bad idea, especially if that contestant didn't make the cut and everyone wanted him/her back. At one point I thought I wanted Grey to host, but his personality is too undefined; I really have no idea who or what he is XD And he's hosted 2 seasons already.

Grey could be released out of jail by the time All-Stars is out.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Screenshot.jpg

So soon for murder? :D And on national television?

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Screenshot.jpg

Taiha could also bail him out.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Screenshot.jpg

Taiha could also bail him out.

Won't work. She spent it all on Mini Mole.
    Banner.png