Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leashes and Skirts [PART ONE OF EP 1 RELEASED]

Comments

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Minor bad news people: Origin decided to go through a new update which causes sims 3 to go on a strike. Sims 3 launcher doesn't want to work on my comp right now but I'm still actively looking for solutions and I'll let you guys know if it has been working for me. :b

Ugh, me dislikes Origin. >:U

Wait, what?! I'm going to go see how my game is right now. :|
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Minor bad news people: Origin decided to go through a new update which causes sims 3 to go on a strike. Sims 3 launcher doesn't want to work on my comp right now but I'm still actively looking for solutions and I'll let you guys know if it has been working for me. :b

Ugh, me dislikes Origin. >:U

Wait, what?! I'm going to go see how my game is right now. :|

Well, so far I'm not having any issues but I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    It seems to be working now but I think it's also a good opportunity for me to clean up the files and stuff.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    It seems to be working now but I think it's also a good opportunity for me to clean up the files and stuff.

So very true. :D It'll work better afterward, hopefully. :smiley:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I'll be away for sometime. Now I'm back home and my mum doesn't want me to stick to the computer screen all day long so she suggested having a small family trip around the countryside so I won't be able to work on the episode.

And I would just let you guys know that the website hosting site, Weebly hasn't been working properly for me and it took me years just to upload pictures for some reason so it may take sometime longer before the episode is finally out :/
    ._.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Aww. It's fine
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Take your time, Choco!!! <3
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    Choco, it's cool. Take your time. I've never used Weebly. It was super confusing when I looked at it which is why I chose Tumblr. However, I still prefer Wordpress over all. And we don't mind waiting. Those of us who have been around for these reality shows are very used to it. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Choco, it's cool. Take your time. I've never used Weebly. It was super confusing when I looked at it which is why I chose Tumblr. However, I still prefer Wordpress over all. And we don't mind waiting. Those of us who have been around for these reality shows are very used to it. :D

I don't know if I had told you guys about this but back when I was filming DYR about 2 years ago (gee, time flies :worried: ), which is a sims 3 story originally hosted on Tumblr before I switched to Wordpress. I love Tumblr. It's got every theme you could imagine created by the community that doesn't cost you anything. In addition, the sims community based on Tumblr has the most stunning, highest quality screenshots and custom content available for download. But, to me, Tumblr is more like a lighter version for a bit of almost everything whilst Wordpress and Weebly are more literature/writing oriented. In my opinion, Tumblr posts tend to have more pictures than word but back then DYR was a heavily-pictured story so it worked quite well (I think) :p

Well, I guess we're the opposites. I kind of dislike Wordpress and prefer Weebly over it. One thing I like about Weebly is its intuitive 'site-building' function that is so easy to get hold of by dragging the tools to appropriate positions. I have used Wordpress before and it has something similar to that but I cannot stand the fact that you get those irrelevant adverts on your story site unless you choose a premium plan to remove it. At least Weebly doesn't do that. (I mean the moment when I'm writing this in June 2017, not sure about the future though)

Our school website is hosted on Weebly as well, I could tell it from its template :joy:
    ._.
  • Options

I don't know if I had told you guys about this but back when I was filming DYR about 2 years ago (gee, time flies :worried: ), which is a sims 3 story originally hosted on Tumblr before I switched to Wordpress. I love Tumblr. It's got every theme you could imagine created by the community that doesn't cost you anything. In addition, the sims community based on Tumblr has the most stunning, highest quality screenshots and custom content available for download. But, to me, Tumblr is more like a lighter version for a bit of almost everything whilst Wordpress and Weebly are more literature/writing oriented. In my opinion, Tumblr posts tend to have more pictures than word but back then DYR was a heavily-pictured story so it worked quite well (I think) :p

Well, I guess we're the opposites. I kind of dislike Wordpress and prefer Weebly over it. One thing I like about Weebly is its intuitive 'site-building' function that is so easy to get hold of by dragging the tools to appropriate positions. I have used Wordpress before and it has something similar to that but I cannot stand the fact that you get those irrelevant adverts on your story site unless you choose a premium plan to remove it. At least Weebly doesn't do that. (I mean the moment when I'm writing this in June 2017, not sure about the future though)

Our school website is hosted on Weebly as well, I could tell it from its template :joy:

Yeah, I started a kind of story about a sim I made in S4. I mostly do pictures with some bit of what is happening, but I liked the idea of mostly pictures. However, I have like very few followers, so I just update it when I feel like it. lol I am still somewhat confused by Tumblr anyway and don't have time to really figure it out. I just did the best I could. One day, I'll play with it more.

I've seen Weebly used well but I myself didn't know how to use it. I came from Blogger, so switching to Wordpress and moving my whole blog to it was so much easier than starting all over again with Weebly. Plus, to be honest, I'm not even 100% sure Weebly was around when I switched to WP. If it was, it was in the early stages. (I feel old saying this...lol) So, it isn't that I'm against Weebly or anything. I just know very little about it and switching my blog over with as many stories as I have isn't conceivable. I do have an account, though, since I used to read other blogs. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I didn't use blogger because it seemed rather outdated to me :p probably a bit too old.
    ._.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    A wee update on the delayed episode:

@Alleenmens @icmnfrsh @Keyenpeydee @lovesstorms @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299

I have been trying to upload my pictures on to Weebly (my story hosting site) but it's been taking way too looong for me to do so. I have been taking many screenshots but I can't upload them without interrupted connection >:(

I seriously need to consider changing the hosting site to something else if the problem persists. I think it might be my internet but the other sites (such as YouTube, Tumblr and Sims Forums) work fine for me. It's really annoying and time-consuming and I just want you guys know that I've been working on the episode and it should have been released some days ago if the pictures were smoothly uploaded :/

But at the meantime I'll keep trying and get it done as soon as possible :p

here-comes-the-cat_orig.png

._.
  • Options
    A wee update on the delayed episode:

@Alleenmens @icmnfrsh @Keyenpeydee @lovesstorms @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299

I have been trying to upload my pictures on to Weebly (my story hosting site) but it's been taking way too looong for me to do so. I have been taking many screenshots but I can't upload them without interrupted connection >:(

I seriously need to consider changing the hosting site to something else if the problem persists. I think it might be my internet but the other sites (such as YouTube, Tumblr and Sims Forums) work fine for me. It's really annoying and time-consuming and I just want you guys know that I've been working on the episode and it should have been released some days ago if the pictures were smoothly uploaded :/

here-comes-the-cat_orig.png

Daawww. That's so cute!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Thanks iceman :D

Actually I'm more used to taking pictures of human sims, not animals. Because you know how these animals can differ from human in terms of their height that affects the angle of screenshots. I'm still learning a better way to fit them into a screenshot properly though :p
    ._.
  • Options
    Yeah, plus posing is pretty hard. You have to make sure they look right in various situations.

• Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    AWW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BUBBLES <3
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    AWW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BUBBLES <3

You'll see it soon. :p I'm almost done with the episode screenshots >.<
    ._.
  • Options
    tumblr_orw0uwkYtt1uk3nv1o1_1280.jpg
    Baxter: You know what, rumour has it that the second part of the premiere episode is going to be aired within an hour.

Doro: WHAT? After more than 15 days of waiting, finally!

tumblr_orw0uwkYtt1uk3nv1o2_1280.jpg
    ???: *yawns* I think Choco is finalising the episode and doing some proof-reading. That wouldn't take too long I suppose.

???: *yawns* Ye naïve animals, Choco's a professional procrastinator.

Choco: Gee thanks... :worried:
    ._.
  • Options
  • Options

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

P
    R
    E
    V
    E
    N
    T
    I
    O
    N

S
    P
    A
    C
    E
    !
    !
    !
    !
    ._.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited June 2017
    shut-up-dog_orig.png

Tate? lol XD

interloper-5_5_orig.png

Hedgy <3

???: "They couldn't even spell Deutschland right. It's not Dutchland for heaven's sake."

:sweat_smile:

you-guys-are-rude_orig.png

Poor Esme. :'(

​Bubbles: "Me loves bubbles! :3"

:joy:

Taco: Good luck and a lot of wisdom.

;)

I see the fun with the picture names again XD ;) Great! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    shut-up-dog_orig.png

Tate? lol XD

He's tending the festival stand nearby so I thought why not :p
    ._.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    shut-up-dog_orig.png

Tate? lol XD

He's tending the festival stand nearby so I thought why not :p

XD
    Banner.png
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Aww.. Choco.. This is really so cool... Love it... <3
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    I think cats should be bathed every once in a while. I know they groom themselves quite often but what if they got really dirty like mud stains and such that stays in their fur? I know most cats dislike water because their fur coats get soggy when covered in water. I have been watching some YouTube videos recently about some cat owners giving cat a bath and people in the comment section are all like boiling and said how cats should not be bathed that's inhumane or saying that the owner is abusing the animals and I was just like seriously? It's just a bath...

But I've never kept a cat before so I have no idea if giving them a bath would be a brilliant idea or not. I mean apart from yourself getting scratched, what are the other further drawbacks?

First off, I had no idea there were already episodes released for this! The read will have to wait for tomorrow though, for now, I just wanted to say my family has never washed any of our cats, as long as I've been alive. :p For the most part, it's unnecessary, but yeah, if they ever get into something really gross, or are sticky or smell bad, then it's probably a good idea. But none of my cats over my life have ever been anything more than just "a bit dirty", ie, some dirt and leaves. But petting them a few times takes care of that.
    We don't wash our dog either, because she doesn't need it. She doesn't have a noticeable "dog smell", nor does she have long fur. She's also not one to get super dirty or muddy, or even wet. I'd feel bad giving her a bath, because she would cower. She's only had one, when she was a pup. But anyway, yeah. It all depends on breed, behavior, and temperament. All pets I own don't need to be trimmed or bathed, and all of them hate water and none of them have rolled in mud, or been sprayed by a skunk or anything like that.
    I feel like I'm bragging (I am, lol, my pets are my kids), so I'll go away now.

Super excited to see this officially rebooted though! I scanned through the episode just to stare at all the beautiful pictures. :heart: