Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so the patch should be today ?

Comments

• Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    I really hope they fix GTW and Dine Out. They have some major issues that basically make the packs completely useless, like I might as well uninstall them because the glitches make them virtually unplayable. At the very least, if they can't fix it, they need to give people a partial refund because I didn't pay $20+ for gameplay that I can't even play. I'd be happy if they just at least fixed the detective career.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/

Would love to be wrong.

I'll probably do the honors of translating the horrid patch notes for everyone if no one else beats me to it first.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    the1975 wrote: »
    Honestly, I really want to buy Dine Out, but this glitch everyone's talking about is what's stopping me. Recently, I've had the city life glitch where festivals build on top of existing food booths and when guests come over, all they do is drink water. I really do hope they focus on glitches!

NO buy dine out, i have not had any problems with it lol it's fun
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    My issue is with everytime i speed up while my sim is at work and I bring it back to normal speed the time switches back like 6 hours. It would be 9pm when I'm fast forwarding then when i return it to normal time it becomes 2 pm and the day light changes. Also whenever I cancel a action they still do it or take forever to stop
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Let's get on our knees and pray that Pets are patched in.

I was expecting them in the February patch, but they didn't show up - not a sausage.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    the1975 wrote: »
    Honestly, I really want to buy Dine Out, but this glitch everyone's talking about is what's stopping me. Recently, I've had the city life glitch where festivals build on top of existing food booths and when guests come over, all they do is drink water. I really do hope they focus on glitches!
    DO is fine if you're only interested in the visiting/eating at restaurants part of it. Most of the bugs come into play when you're running your own restaurant—like the poor quality food bug, for example. I gave up on running my restaurant when my chefs couldn't cook a decent level five meal despite being perfectly capable of it. And that's just one of the bugs. Sims never receiving their food is another one.
  • Options
    katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    I really don't understand the hate for the patch jokes! I absolutely love them. With all there is out there to complain about you want to take a little fun away too? :'(

Hehe, I agree. I think the jokes are cute.
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I just don't want another challenge patch, I want bug fixes so I can play my game for a few hours without getting frustrated! So many issues are making me ignore some gameplay because it's impossible to get trough it. Dine out is still not fixed, lag is still here, toddlers getting picked up 10 times per 2 hours. However it'll be another patch with maybe two or three bug fixes like a shadow fix for an object and "jokes" to pretend they did a lot to help the game.

I can't spend money if I can't play the game..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    @Le0Heart @AfterMidnight Thanks for the input/advice guys! I really wanted to run my own restaurant, but with the points you made AfterMidnight, it seems like a hassle.

I am /also/ interested to the dining out experience since I love having family/friendly gatherings and would love new date spots (since dates are more of an annoyance than anything at this point), so if the restaurant-running glitches aren't fixed anytime soon, I think I'll wait for a sale and then nab Dining Out. Just pay half the price for the pack that only delivers half of what it does, y'know, especially since my budgeting needs me to be a lil more conservative. I'm excited to eventually play it though. :)

I hope we do get at least some of the glitches in the game taken care of tomorrow. Crossing fingers!
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Cabinet lighting glitch, food quality with Dine Out, and the time skipping are my biggest concerns right now
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Oh, and the fact that the host just freezes up.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I hope they finally fixed the time jumping bug. It's making the game almost unplayable for me.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2017
    I hope they can fix the festival spawning bugs, where one festival spawns on top of another one and objects spawn on top or inside of food carts making them inaccessible:

I'm surprised this still hasn't been fixed. It's been an issue since the launch of City Living.
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    I hope they finally fixed the time jumping bug. It's making the game almost unplayable for me.

And this is a bug that's been in the game since the launch of the base game, but has worsened since. I really wonder if it's something they can fix. To me, it suggests that it's a problem with the engine -- perhaps it just doesn't support the simulations ongoing in TS4. The other games never had this problem. TS3 froze due to poor optimization, but it never once had issues with time having to jump forward and backwards, as well as time going on even after pausing.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I hope that there's going to be something to do with parenting in tomorrow's game patch because my newest pretty little female vampire Mandy, aka Amanda is going to need that now. Because she is now pregnant with Caleb Vatore's child.
  • Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    Does anyone know what time the patch should drop, as estimated by previous patches or otherwise? I never really pay attention....
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I think that the game patches drop around 10 AM, PST.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Actually my Sims 3 game did that :o
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I hope they can fix the festival spawning bugs, where one festival spawns on top of another one and objects spawn on top or inside of food carts making them inaccessible:

I'm surprised this still hasn't been fixed. It's been an issue since the launch of City Living.
    jonilla1 wrote: »

And this is a bug that's been in the game since the launch of the base game, but has worsened since. I really wonder if it's something they can fix. To me, it suggests that it's a problem with the engine -- perhaps it just doesn't support the simulations ongoing in TS4. The other games never had this problem. TS3 froze due to poor optimization, but it never once had issues with time having to jump forward and backwards, as well as time going on even after pausing.

@Sk8rblaze Did you read TwistedMexi's little analysis of the code? There's a bit in there where they speculate that because the system has Python and I believe C++ communicating with each other via Protobuf, this may be the cause of our time distortion/lag issues. Python and C++ usually don't interact or "talk" to each other, Protobuf is there to do it on their behalf. TwistedMexi speculated that it's possible this system is responsible for the time distortion, because having both C++ and Python is actually inefficient (they speculate Python was added as the game was rushed to online singleplayer), and the delays we may be feeling in the game may be delays caused by data slowly going from Python to Protobuf to C++ and then making the return trip. In a nutshell, the data of Sims 4 has a longer "path" to walk than the data of Sims 3 did, and that might cause bottlenecking or delays, and may be why things like x3 speed cause problems and make it difficult for the simulation to keep up. This also explains the differences in reaction between Sims 3 and Sims 4: Sims 3 simply freezes because it's one system that's become overburdened with things to simulate, thus it lags and locks up until it slowly gets certain processes out of the way and can pick up speed again. Sims 4? If all data must cross two systems, then yes it's conceivable that perhaps the Python end might keep running and keep simulating, unaware that there's been a delay on the C++ end, thus all Python systems snap back once they DO realize the delay and realize they must re-sync with C++'s work.

What's plum to me is....let's say TwistedMexi's theory is 100% true and 100% on-target. They will never come out and tell us. To tell us would be admittance they sold us an absolute dud that was horrendously unprepared to support a game of this size, and that's far too damaging to their company image to ever admit. The result is we're left here, eternally speculating, because all we know is there's heavy, highly-meaningful bugs that have existed since release, and for whatever reason they haven't touched said bugs since release. They ask for save files, and while that may still be useful, we just sit here scratching out heads because it's clear this particular issue universally affects all saves and is a core problem with the game.

To me, all we can do is just be very very loud. I doubt they can't fix it, it's just a matter of they won't. To fix it would be a huge undertaking, and until they're motivated to do so, they won't. There's a reason I'm turning into a broken record that brings up bugs every chance I can. Sims 3 was left in unacceptable condition, and they will absolutely do the same with Sims 4 if we allow them to. Sims 3 got worse and laggier with each expansion added in, I see no reason the same would not apply to Sims 4.

Adding packs in general just means more stress on a system. Skyrim once famously had a very delayed DLC release for PS3 because the DLC was the tipping point that would make PS3 versions of the game TOO laggy, so there's evidence that more packs = more potential for lag regardless of game title. That same example...? Another reason I mention it is because in actuality, the problems that befell Skyrim had existed in EVERY Bethesda title since Morrowind, it's just the problem worsened and worsened as the file size of the games grew with the Playstation version always acting as "the canary in the coal mine" due to the different tech of the Playstation being affected by the problems first. Morrowind players never saw a problem, Oblivion players said the game would slow down and become unplayable on extremely long playthroughs, Fallout 3 players said it'd slow after they beat the game, New Vegas Playstation players had to pick and choose only 2 of the 4 DLC to complete per file if they wanted to finish the main game, and then finally with Skyrim the problem had worsened to such an extreme degree that the company had to do something about it since it was affecting player's saves in the middle of the base game and could NOT handle any DLC add-ons. If they didn't act, they'd lose all their Playstation customers while taking a huge hit to their reputation for having sold people a dud. Again, that was an issue with Bethesda's engine and how it interacts with Playstation, but they had to fix it, and so they did. Took a while (6 months iirc), but they did it. This stuff is doable, it's just hard, extensive work.

The very same applies here: noise needs to be made, complaints need to be lodged, and it needs to be made clear this problem is so huge it ruins the entire experience. Until that happens, I doubt they fix it. And if they can get away with selling us packs until they close the doors....? They'd absolutely do it.

My fear is that they're just absolutely going to wait until it gets so bad that you can't find a single post here that isn't complaining about the problem. That or as I said, the game is just barely "functioning" by the time they're ready to close the doors of development, thus they leave it as is.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/

Would love to be wrong.

Basically. I loathe the plum jokes more than anything

I really do question if someone in the office is just extremely bored, or if the purpose is specifically to make the patch notes look larger than they actually are. I'd be curious to see patch notes with the fat cut out, just to see how big they look when you only list bug fixes.

I don't get it either, cause I find them exceedingly annoying. Every time the patch drops there's a number of bugs I'm hoping to see fixed, but I have to read through a bunch of junk just to realize the fixes I want aren't in there.

I just wanna know if they have a fix for the Doctor Career, the Detective career, the Friend of the World reward trait, improvements to culling, fixes for lag and time distortion, improvements on musical chairs, improvements to the wonky AI that makes sims walk aaaaaall the way over to wave to someone regardless of if you've canceled the action, improvements to AI prioritizing (aka no more grabbing a dish off the filled dining table then going all the way up to the third floor for a cup before going back to the next dining table dish), the general lag around toddlers, rejoining a career ruining your career unlocks, alien face distortion, Get to Work retail employee AI being terriawful, standing while watching TV, obsessing over certain objects (was once woodworking, now I recall complaints about Basketball by people with CL), Sims canceling your commands to do random other desires they queued up that they KEEP re-queue'ing no matter how frequently you cancel them, Vampires with Tamed Thirst constantly doing the thirsty animation regardless of thirst level, vampires randomly acting inappropriately around the sun (staying in it or random sun resistant ones bursting into flames), Dine Out food quality, the Serial Romantic Reward Trait being iffy, Singing sometimes sticking and repeating after your sim stopped singing, being invited to celebrate a promotion I didn't get, being invited to a "wicked sweet party" at the nightclub at 8am, festival lag/overlap, vampire break in power being buggy, no practical method of telling random strangers to screw off when they join in on the convo between my sim and their date and cause certain romantic interactions to fail due to the "Awkward conversation" OR preventing said problem from occuring, ghosts of long dead sims not properly being culled from the relationship panel but by god my Sim's best friend lost 60% of his relationship bar, ghosts often filling random homes around town if you have "fill empty homes" checked and you need to manually evict them, collection reward plaques never arriving in the mail....

I could go on and on.
    Sadly none of those are minor bugs, either. All of the ones I just listed have the potential to seriously hinder or interrupt gameplay. It's not a list of petty nitpicking, but a list of serious bugs impeding progress and annoying ones that take you out of the game and make you rather fed up with the micromanaging sims often need due to sub-par AI.

OMG noooo Deserved, what is the bug with aliens? I haven't played them in a while and was going to play a new alien family this weekend and want to know what I am getting myseld into. Thank you for listing all the bugs because it just puts into perspective how out of whack these producers are this iteration with their priorities. Its really bad. They have always been slow to fix bugs (sometimes NEVER fixing them, such as in sims 3), but in sims 3 I can understand because they were dealing with way more innovative stuff. Reading all those bugs (and knowing that thats only SOME of them) just makes me freaking angry honestly. It makes me so mad that they just don't seem to get it.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Would love to be wrong.

Basically. I loathe the plum jokes more than anything

I really do question if someone in the office is just extremely bored, or if the purpose is specifically to make the patch notes look larger than they actually are. I'd be curious to see patch notes with the fat cut out, just to see how big they look when you only list bug fixes.

I don't get it either, cause I find them exceedingly annoying. Every time the patch drops there's a number of bugs I'm hoping to see fixed, but I have to read through a bunch of junk just to realize the fixes I want aren't in there.

I just wanna know if they have a fix for the Doctor Career, the Detective career, the Friend of the World reward trait, improvements to culling, fixes for lag and time distortion, improvements on musical chairs, improvements to the wonky AI that makes sims walk aaaaaall the way over to wave to someone regardless of if you've canceled the action, improvements to AI prioritizing (aka no more grabbing a dish off the filled dining table then going all the way up to the third floor for a cup before going back to the next dining table dish), the general lag around toddlers, rejoining a career ruining your career unlocks, alien face distortion, Get to Work retail employee AI being terriawful, standing while watching TV, obsessing over certain objects (was once woodworking, now I recall complaints about Basketball by people with CL), Sims canceling your commands to do random other desires they queued up that they KEEP re-queue'ing no matter how frequently you cancel them, Vampires with Tamed Thirst constantly doing the thirsty animation regardless of thirst level, vampires randomly acting inappropriately around the sun (staying in it or random sun resistant ones bursting into flames), Dine Out food quality, the Serial Romantic Reward Trait being iffy, Singing sometimes sticking and repeating after your sim stopped singing, being invited to celebrate a promotion I didn't get, being invited to a "wicked sweet party" at the nightclub at 8am, festival lag/overlap, vampire break in power being buggy, no practical method of telling random strangers to screw off when they join in on the convo between my sim and their date and cause certain romantic interactions to fail due to the "Awkward conversation" OR preventing said problem from occuring, ghosts of long dead sims not properly being culled from the relationship panel but by god my Sim's best friend lost 60% of his relationship bar, ghosts often filling random homes around town if you have "fill empty homes" checked and you need to manually evict them, collection reward plaques never arriving in the mail....

I could go on and on.
    Sadly none of those are minor bugs, either. All of the ones I just listed have the potential to seriously hinder or interrupt gameplay. It's not a list of petty nitpicking, but a list of serious bugs impeding progress and annoying ones that take you out of the game and make you rather fed up with the micromanaging sims often need due to sub-par AI.

OMG noooo Deserved, what is the bug with aliens? I haven't played them in a while and was going to play a new alien family this weekend and want to know what I am getting myseld into. Thank you for listing all the bugs because it just puts into perspective how out of whack these producers are this iteration with their priorities. Its really bad. They have always been slow to fix bugs (sometimes NEVER fixing them, such as in sims 3), but in sims 3 I can understand because they were dealing with way more innovative stuff. Reading all those bugs (and knowing that thats only SOME of them) just makes me freaking angry honestly. It makes me so mad that they just don't seem to get it.

@Schantal When aliens age up, for some reason their faces tend to distort in a typically alien fashion. Their chins get longer and pointier, their cheekbones more pronounced, their cheeks thinner, and their eyes bigger.

If none of your aliens age up, you're fine. If and when they do though, expect the aging to change their face to some degree. I imagine this one is less known because depending on the alien, this can be minimal changes or rather obvious ones; typically the more human-looking or more customized aliens are the ones that get hit the hardest by this, whereas an alien that was more or less generated by the randomize button might come out looking fine.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I agree with basically everything that has already been mentioned.

I also hope that they fix swimming pools. Fix the lap-swimming and let a sim keep swimming in the pool for fitness unless his/her needs drop too far or the player directs them to do otherwise. It's really annoying to click "swim here" and to have a sim climb out of the pool and then jump in near "here". The point is to swim and get fitness. It's like a swimming version of "the sitting bug" that they mostly fixed.

What's the point of an attractive swimming pool if they won't swim in it for more than a nanosecond?

The fix for that bug could be in the June patch, since the SP coming out then is all about fitness anyway.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    The jokes were fun..............the first 6 or 7 patch notes. Then they just became boring ang cringey.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I've noticed a LOT of bugs and performance issues lately.