Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,722 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Nope, I still can't open Photoshop. Neither can I open my game.. :(

You mean when you click on the application nothing opens or is there any message window popping out telling you that it cannot be operated? What method have you tried? :b

No, my screen just freezes.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Have you restored your laptop?
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    I've tried to restore, but it gave me a message something failed in the process and the restoration was cancelled.

I think I must go to an expert tomorrow..

(On another note, paint.net DOES work... interesting)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Is this countdown still a thing?
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Was Instinct closed? I cant find the read since the update and it says permmision denied...??? Did something happen or?
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Was Instinct closed? I cant find the read since the update and it says permmision denied...??? Did something happen or?

They removed the Stories and Legacies section, so all threads in it are inaccessible. I hope they sort this out soon.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

They removed the Stories and Legacies section, so all threads in it are inaccessible. I hope they sort this out soon.

Whaaaaaaat????????
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,730 Member
    Yep, all our threads are gone... :'( hopefully not for long...
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Whaaaaaaat????????

It's because they reorganized all the forum categories. Personally I don't like it because I liked things the way they were before. I'm hoping the threads show up in the next few days.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I think they just got abit too thorough with the forum spring clean and lost some of the threads down the back of the sofa. :D

They should sort it out over the next few days, While not ideal if they have to move the threads hopefully they will put them back in the S3 stories section sooner rather than later.

I still think they should have let people know this was going to happen or gave some sort of warning when people returned to say that some threads might have been misplaced. It is abit worrying and confusing when you arrive back to the forums after maintenance to find your threads have done a disappearing act and no one has seen or heard anything about it. To use an old phrase, It's just not cricket. :'(

With any luck they should reshuffle the threads back to their proper places and all can continue as normal. ;)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    If it doesn't fix soon, you could use a temporary thread for the time being. I remember in 2010 where people do that when some sections could not have been properly seen after a maintenance.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Guess who is doing a research essay on The Sims XD Me! Haha!

Specifically looking at player agency caused by the mechanics in The Sims franchise :3 It's pretty simple. The games are all about letting the player do what they want and creative expression :P
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited May 2017
    Has anyone been watching Survivor?

Here's just a few thoughts...
    I'm glad Deb is gone. I didn't like her much. I'm SO INCREDIBLY SAD about Zeke being gone. At this point, I could see anyone winning. It's like a free-for-all. It's been very exciting to watch, IN MY OPINION. I'm rather enjoying it. It's been rough, though, because just when you think you can relax, something crazy happens again. I can't even imagine being in the middle of it. I'd go crazy. I doubt I'd survive. lol

Currently, my favorite is probably Sarah or Cirie. I doubt Michaela will last but if she keeps doing what she's doing, it could work. With what Sarah has AND what Tai has, they both could go to the end, if they play their cards right.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I just had an 'ugh-day' again. Unmotivational environment at school: no one else of a project group has showed up (everyone of 'em called in 'sick'), so I had to sit out half a school day at school instead of in summery weather, and then I had to attend a birthday party which was like crowded and no calm place to recharge.. ugh... :expressionless:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited May 2017
    Has anyone been watching Survivor?

Here's just a few thoughts...
    I'm glad Deb is gone. I didn't like her much. I'm SO INCREDIBLY SAD about Zeke being gone. At this point, I could see anyone winning. It's like a free-for-all. It's been very exciting to watch, IN MY OPINION. I'm rather enjoying it. It's been rough, though, because just when you think you can relax, something crazy happens again. I can't even imagine being in the middle of it. I'd go crazy. I doubt I'd survive. lol

Currently, my favorite is probably Sarah or Cirie. I doubt Michaela will last but if she keeps doing what she's doing, it could work. With what Sarah has AND what Tai has, they both could go to the end, if they play their cards right.

I have! Have yet to watch last night's though.
    Honestly, I found Zeke the tiniest bit pretentious, but I may have last season Zeke still in mind. So I was fine with him, Debbie, AND Sierra getting the boot. I'm nervous about who's next though. I think it's Andrea. I liked her more in previous seasons though. She doesn't stand out as much anymore.

The tension is definitely rising because of all the unused advantages. I don't think Tai is going to use his idols well, but I could be wrong.

When it comes to the winner... Has to be Brad, Cirie, or Sarah, right? I have a sinking feeling it may be Brad. This feels like a female-winner season though, so perhaps not. I don't think Aubrey or Makayla can win. Nor Tai or Troyzan. And I think Andrea's days are numbered. So I'm hoping for a Cirie win, or Sarah because her game has improved SIGNIFICANTLY.
  • Options
    It's too quiet here.

Therefore a discussion in which we all can participate with glee will spawn in 3, 2, 1,

What Sims game got you in the franchise?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Sims 1.... I'm a sims gamer from the beginning... >:) I bought the magic EP and the sims 2 together... ;)
  • Options
    And I got the Castaway that I love and the Medieval.... ;)
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    I remember...it was The Sims Double Deluxe, with the base game, Night Life and the Celebrations stuff pack. Loved it almost instantly, didn't convert to the Sims 3 until around 2012. Now look where I am. :p
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    It was actually Sims 1, my mum used to love this game, but I always accidentally killed every sim by not buying a fridge :D But I really started playing the sims when Sims 3 came out :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    Yep there is still a few things of the sims 2 that I really miss... But I love the open plan of sims 3...
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Sims 1.... I'm a sims gamer from the beginning... >:) I bought the magic EP and the sims 2 together... ;)
    And I got the Castaway that I love and the Medieval.... ;)

Yes, the old-schools. Outdated, but that's part of the charm what's making them the best. XD
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    I remember...it was The Sims Double Deluxe, with the base game, Night Life and the Celebrations stuff pack. Loved it almost instantly, didn't convert to the Sims 3 until around 2012. Now look where I am. :p

My first Sims 2 engined game for PC was Pets Stories. I got it for my sister on her birthday, but we shared it. Eventually she grew tired of me burrowing it XD so she bought me an US-version somewhere for my own.

But back to the start of my Simming adventures.

I started at Sims 1 base game, not EP's. Liked the game, despite not knowing a single thing of how it worked. Always recreated family and people I knew. But then I got a fire in the house of my own family. The whole kitchen burned down and mum died :'(, scarring me for years that I didn't dare to be nearby someone playing it.

It wasn't until my sister forced me to be player 2 briefly on TS2 for PS2 that I overcame my fear of the game. After a while I tried Sims 1 again, but avoiding stoves and fireplaces like the plague. Eventually got 3 too. I started to overcome my fear of Sims dying when a visiting elder kicked the bucket of old age, and eventually overcame my fear of stoves etc. :)

Although I still have several of the danger themes in the games. I always turn off the sound at night lol.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Yep there is still a few things of the sims 2 that I really miss... But I love the open plan of sims 3...

Proper routing?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    It was actually Sims 1, my mum used to love this game, but I always accidentally killed every sim by not buying a fridge :D But I really started playing the sims when Sims 3 came out :)

Whoops. XD
    Banner.png
  • Options

Proper routing?

Well, there's a lot from 2 which is missing in later generations. Like the proper memory system shaping Sims for life instead of 'lookie here my Sim went to the park today - share it on social media now!', the depths and subtle layers of a Sim's personality which got more expanded and complicated as the expansions came by, an easy way for rotational play, and the memorable storylines which were much easier to play with thanks to the aforementioned rotational play and the staged events helping the player into the storyline. Don't tell the story in words, let them play the story themselves. XD
    Banner.png