March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2016
    ☆ ☆ ☆ Happy new year to you all! ☆ ☆ ☆
    Every end marks a new beginning.
    Keep your spirits and determination unshaken, and you will always walk the glory road.
    With courage, faith and great effort, you will achieve everything you desire.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bonne AnnéeFeliz Año NuevoGutes, neues Jahr明けましておめでとうございますGott Nytt År
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

How many townies do I need to download into my game to stop the game from generating townies?
    If I create my own butlers, mixologists etc but not play them will the game use those if one of my sims hires help? I really want the game to stop generating townies,
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

How many townies do I need to download into my game to stop the game from generating townies?
    If I create my own butlers, mixologists etc but not play them will the game use those if one of my sims hires help? I really want the game to stop generating townies,

I don't think you can stop the game generating townies. And it will sometimes ignore the previous one allocated to a job and spawn a new one. I currently have a population of about 270 of which about 210 are homed. I have 90 NPC type jobs. These are not proper career jobs but things like bartender, massage therapist etc. I get about quite a bit to various venues and I spawn very few new sims; about 5 over the last 14 sim days.

One thing you can do is to grab the NPC with the job and CAS it to your liking. Housing them will stop culling so it is more likely they will be kept in the job and no new one will be spawned. HNY
    edited January 2017
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Regarding everything I know so far about creating homeless and how it works technically, what you describes is standard game behavior, even with limiting mods like MC. Unfortunately there is no solution for this issue (and technically speaking: it's not a bug, it's a feature). Believe me, it's also annoying me. Why does the game create a new mixologist each time my sim enters a bar, instead of using one of the 25 already existing ones? I don't understand...

@Deaderpool already commented this on the MTS MC homepage (link) in many different ways. The following quotes are imho the best summary:
    "...Random townies generated are for filling game roles and if I stopped them being generated, the game would stop working correctly."
    "...What I saw in your log file is just the way the core game seems to love to create homeless, even when they aren't actually needed."

More quotes regarding this issue:

Link to MTS Comment No. 15229 (click on 'show'):
    The base game generates multiple sets of Sims for each role to cover different time shifts at the different locations (such as in the case of a violin player). I've been analyzing this for a while today. Here's the way I think the base game does filters:
    • The player enters a zone and a situation starts. It could be a festival, it could be a bar night, it could just be a walkby situation.
    • Every situation in the game contains a list of all possible filters for roles for specific time periods. These can be required and also random roles that are to fill-up the rest of the lot with activity beyond the required roles.
    • Every single role is iterated through and if there are no Sims to fill those roles under the time specification and other rules for that role, then a new Sim is created. However, the game may not even USE the Sim generated for this role at this point in time. It's just going through all roles for the situation and then keeping a list of all the roles that we now have Sims for and they will randomly be used to generate activity in the zone based on the random percentage of that role coming-up. This is what I'm seeing with statues and weirdos and family and children walkby filters. They're getting generated but the Sims are not even being used at that time because the random percentage chance for that filter never comes-up.

To me, this isn't the best way to have done this, but this is the way the core game seems to work. I, personally, would have it coded to only generate Sims when they're actually needed to spawn on the lot, not when you may need them during the time the player is on the lot.

I've tested this stuff with and without my mod and it always behaves the same way. All these homeless get generated the same way, people just don't know it because there isn't an internal logging mechanism to show it happening like there is when my mod is deployed.

Like I was saying in a previous post, to me population explosions are when the same filter creates a Sim like 50 times in a row. That's a problem with my mod and how it is working with the core game. What I saw in your log file is just the way the core game seems to love to create homeless, even when they aren't actually needed.

Link to MTS Comment No. 15197 (click on 'show'):
    "Yeah, those can't be changed. That's integrated into the way that EA's core code work. It actually DOES look to see if another Sim exists but often will not use the Sim it just generated for it (which I mentioned in the previous post as a core bug I think the game has right now) so it will just generate another.

I cannot force those filters to use an existing Sim. Everything in their condition has to match a Sim in existence. If it does, it is supposed to use that Sim. If it doesn't then it created a new Sim that matches what it needs. Now sometimes there is a bug in my code and due to MC Population settings, we change a Sim that is generated so they no longer match what the original filter was supposed to create so when it checks for the Sim again, it can't find one that matches and creates another. I haven't seen this yet in any of the new filters from my testing and settings."

Link to MTS Comment No. 15204 (click on 'show'):
    "I don't block any roles as doing so can cause the game to not work correctly. Sometimes, that may seem minor, but I try to work within the framework that EA already has working. When I first released the mod, I was blocking all kinds of roles and it caused quite a few problems. This way just ensures that my mod will work without too many changes when they do expansions."

#MCCC #Population #Homeless #Townies
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Thanks for the help. :)
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Ptirat26Ptirat26 Posts: 4 New Member
    (In advance, sorry for my english:v …)

Hey people !
    I posted a message of help a few hours ago and some simmers told me my request would find some answers here so … Hi ! : D
    Ptirat26 wrote: »
    Hello,
    It's kinda hard for me to write in english (and i'm on my phone. In the train :v.) But I dont find any information in my own language so ... here i am!

I've been playing sims 4 on two different computer. A lot, on the two of them. Some big families that have split into several little houses. But, here's the thing. I wish i could make the families of computer 1 meet those of the computer2. But they are too many now, and i can't regroup all the member of a same legacy in only one family and put it in the bank (load bank?).

When I load that legacy cut in little parts, their genealogy is broken. In the place of the parents, the tree shows anonymous faces. And i can't change the parenting with testingcheats and cas.fulleditmode. i can't replace the two anonymous parents, in the head of the game, they really seems to exists...

(I hope it is comprehensible... :x )

Anyway, is there some cheats to clear a family tree? So i could reconstruct it manually. Or to put the number of sims we want in a single family, more than 8 ?(I think it's the limit)
    Or maybe something simpler ?

Thanks a lot :)! And sorry for my english. ..

(Oh god, I really hope my message is understandable...)
    And now, I'm here : ) ! It seems that the MC Command Center mod can help me. In any case, this mod seems craaaazy !!! I just glimpse the extent of its powers but woooah !
    I will be so glad to discover this mod with your help \o/ !
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Happy New Year!!

Jumped back in here, and I see I'm 29 posts behind. Dropping an anchor so you'll know I'm back and will be around, and that when I see this post, I'm caught up again.

Catch up starting tomorrow (this is my last work night till next Monday, NO 2nd shift incoming!), I'll look at these last 2-3 pages then. Sorry to disappear like I did, holiday stuff got the best of me and I unplugged from 4 to the point I went back and played (unmodded) Sims 3 for a few days. It was helpful, I have some new ideas (settings and options) I'm going to try out with 4.

Relationships are a LOT harder to build in 3 than 4. I'm just saying. And 4 is a much "brighter" game, IMO. 3's houses are cooler, though. But I went camping when I came back to 4, and that was a blast. Two days, and thanks to MC, my simself has maxed herbalism (and a couple of other skills) already.

Friday night written-in Marriage run is looming, so I stopped playing to do a flag blitz. First week, so I want to make sure everybody is right before I let it go. They aren't. LOL!

Expect more. I'm back. PROACTIVE is my word for 2017. Let's rock! :)

• DeetoxicityDeetoxicity Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, quick question, for some reason, the pregnancy is always male? Even with multiples. Always male. Is there anyway I can change this?
    edited January 2017
    Hi, quick question, for some reason, the pregnancy is always male? Even with multiples. Always male. Is there anyway I can change this?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Do you already use MC, ideally including the MC Pregnancy Module? Information is priceless for quick answers... ;)

If so, use this setting to control offspring gender:

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Pregnancy... > Offspring... > Offspring Gender...
    y3mkAW7F06Q91XHlGHhHkcRt3hM0nv-FQZudH085xtzhDc3M9BTfsH89YHALSzvrPEQJifwjLlWpqfuN4SxdpFUZ9rS1oFibfPTnAcn7Wh_MewB58RC0dleBcevexbzOeGSVA30_TPO1I_uWhK_95qwLWGm4VMB-Yzep-9Y-HrD_W8?width=404&height=320&cropmode=none

If not, start using MC :) . You can find it here (link).

If you have any further questions, please ask.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    :star: Hope everyone had a great holiday and a happy new year! :star:

Anyway, I will have to update the mod again (unless another patch happens before I could do it again, lol). :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DeetoxicityDeetoxicity Posts: 20 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Do you already use MC, ideally including the MC Pregnancy Module? Information is priceless for quick answers... ;)

If so, use this setting to control offspring gender:

If not, start using MC :)

If you have any further questions, please ask.

Hi yes, sorry xD! I already use it! For whatever reason, it only lets me force male offspring and not female. I've just uninstalled and reinstalled and will check it out to see if it works!
  • JaakkoKorhonenJaakkoKorhonen Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, I'm trying to install MC on my Mac, and can't seem to find suitable config files. Is there a up-to-date instruction page for Mac installations? Or maybe just a place to download sample config files for Mac?
    edited January 2017
    Hi yes, sorry xD! I already use it! For whatever reason, it only lets me force male offspring and not female. I've just uninstalled and reinstalled and will check it out to see if it works!

If your sim is already pregnant, you can subsequently change number and gender of the offspring. You have to click on the pregnant sim and select 'MC Command Center' from the pie menu.

Sim: MC Command Center > MC Pregnancy... > Offspring...
    y3mS6-F1djErmFEh8fDJW_VZUOEP3aT8F3_kYdvjsbJHbUWUVJSoIKZkCDb6bFlURpEP2r_7jQMg5OLXTaVgZYmzYJ1-_rjS-vX0UBAxoAwV6uLVmZbjQry4PeTHVznyWnP3dQDcULn4w0GLkIrKspFy3dE5qtBlQcs0QTtUCBBHoo?width=367&height=419&cropmode=none

Note: This option is only available, if the target sim is currently pregnant. Otherwise it's hidden.

edited January 2017
    Hey, I'm trying to install MC on my Mac, and can't seem to find suitable config files. Is there a up-to-date instruction page for Mac installations? Or maybe just a place to download sample config files for Mac?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I don't speak Mac, but in the end it should be the same as in Windows.

The 'mc_settings.cfg' is automatically created during the first start of a MC modded game, containing all the default parameters. No need for a special pre-configured one. Changes will be saved also automatically and it will be maintained during updates. It's a good idea to keep it and to backup it regularly (btw backup is always a good idea!).

Same with 'mc_dresser.cfg': It's created by the mod once the 'MC Dresser' module is in use for the first time.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I don't speak Mac, but in the end it should be the same as in Windows.

The 'mc_settings.cfg' is automatically created during the first start of a MC modded game, containing all the default parameters. No need for a special pre-configured one. Changes will be saved also automatically and it will be maintained during updates. It's a good idea to keep it and to backup it regularly (btw backup is always a good idea!).

Same with 'mc_dresser.cfg': It's created by the mod once the 'MC Dresser' module is in use for the first time.

Confirming this with a screenshot made on my macbook of a completely new MC CmD setup before I started the game on it.
    (The unmentionable not included)
    mccmd_mac.png
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Oh, and OT but a big welcome back to @egwarhammer !! :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    edited January 2017
    (In advance, sorry for my english:v …)

Hey people !
    I posted a message of help a few hours ago and some simmers told me my request would find some answers here so … Hi ! : D
    Hello,
    It's kinda hard for me to write in english (and i'm on my phone. In the train :v.) But I dont find any information in my own language so ... here i am!

I've been playing sims 4 on two different computer. A lot, on the two of them. Some big families that have split into several little houses. But, here's the thing. I wish i could make the families of computer 1 meet those of the computer2. But they are too many now, and i can't regroup all the member of a same legacy in only one family and put it in the bank (load bank?).

When I load that legacy cut in little parts, their genealogy is broken. In the place of the parents, the tree shows anonymous faces. And i can't change the parenting with testingcheats and cas.fulleditmode. i can't replace the two anonymous parents, in the head of the game, they really seems to exists...

(I hope it is comprehensible... :x )

Anyway, is there some cheats to clear a family tree? So i could reconstruct it manually. Or to put the number of sims we want in a single family, more than 8 ?(I think it's the limit)
    Or maybe something simpler ?

Thanks a lot :)! And sorry for my english. ..

(Oh god, I really hope my message is understandable...)
    And now, I'm here : ) ! It seems that the MC Command Center mod can help me. In any case, this mod seems craaaazy !!! I just glimpse the extent of its powers but woooah !
    I will be so glad to discover this mod with your help \o/ !

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Also, welcome to MC!

I don't know if I understand everything, but to put it short, you want to merge
    • different families
    • from different games
    • on different computers
    to
    • one big family
    • in one single destination lot
    • with proper relationship
    right?

Wow, that's quite a task. ;)

➽ I would try the following steps:
    1. Backup your game data of both computers to have a fallback option.
    2. Transfer the families from game 1 to game 2. There is an external tool called "Sims 4 Tray Importer" (link) which makes this part much easier.
    3. Fix the relationships with MC. I think this is the 'hardest' part, because you have to do everything manually and sim by sim. Even with the help of MC there is no automatism to make it batch wise or family wise.
    4. Merge them into one lot. If you finally want to let them live together in one lot and break the 8 sims limit, you need a different mod than MC. Try using a mod like the "Full House Mod" (link). But if you want to use it go carefully through the mod description, because there are some limitations and issues you might consider during playing with it.

Now this is a pretty rough sketch and I don't know whether I really understand what you plan to do. Also I haven't done this before in this combination, but I know the single steps you theoretically have to do. Perhaps this might help. If you have any further questions, please come back and ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

Post edited by Bonxie on
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hello im interested in getting this for me story, as ive heard that i can just click on a sim and pick the emotion i want him/her to have(i hope thats correct) but i am also thinking of getting a mod that removes the censor as well as a pose mod(if there is one for sims 4). Thought itd be a nice addition and make it easier to get the pictures i want for a story im planning to write. I just want to make sure these 3 can work together without messing up my game >< and ill prob need help downloading as i dont understand the instructions at all haha.
    edited January 2017
    Hello im interested in getting this for me story, as ive heard that i can just click on a sim and pick the emotion i want him/her to have(i hope thats correct) but i am also thinking of getting a mod that removes the censor as well as a pose mod(if there is one for sims 4). Thought itd be a nice addition and make it easier to get the pictures i want for a story im planning to write. I just want to make sure these 3 can work together without messing up my game >< and ill prob need help downloading as i dont understand the instructions at all haha.

OK - let's see..

Not each of your questions is MC related, but don't worry. There is always an answer.... :)

...i can just click on a sim and pick the emotion i want him/her to have...
    This can be done by using the debug commands. Debug commands are not a MCCC feature, although they look like being one. The debug commands are a part of the original game and not part of a mod. You can see it the way you use it: you have to Shift-Click on an object or your sim to get access to debug commands. Usually they are hidden, but with MCCC you can make them visible.

In MCCC you find the option for enabling it in:
    Computer: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats

If you have them enabled, you get a pie menu like this when you Shift-Click your sim. Use the button "Cheat Emotion Intensity..." for your game.
    y3mlBzz3fhifJZnemSOcA_Bf0SWWebbHfZvLhj8QZgZIn1QrwjahxsKTDyiGzSiBd6e9HbRmPnKOAfEoueN5lYgif8w93jH-4EVa5pgECwQaeQgw93fuavYNAIGd2i8Z9b0SqjtaC4SVzXorcaPI45cBFwhoQmCVSc3knyGjVBuS-4?width=719&height=381&cropmode=none

... i am also thinking of getting a mod that removes the censor...
    This option is not covered by MC. You have to look for a particular mod on MTS (link) - search there for the keyword 'censor'. I won't post it here due to T-rating.

...as well as a pose mod(if there is one for sims 4)...
    There is one which works excellent: Andrew's Pose Player. You can find it here (link). There are some basic poses included, but you can find much better pose packs here (link).

This screenshot is made with the pose player:
    no photoshopping, no post processing except of downscaling - just original out of the game.
    y3m8zA8_-8zF2O4p7pRA2hDqsnJg5PmkiFJ-nQQhWp_L-sfZlnopFhDC2miReh7DAdB17XRGhp-JGPI108MgD58V0CdJkBsrDh-qDYyjyj-vibPxNUYsKO_QRbbrImmmGorF0hR6S2R7xiGhRhdM2oS-GgX41_f62SmqbKND8nBvuI?width=800&height=500&cropmode=none

... I just want to make sure these 3 can work together without messing up my game...
    There will be no problem, if you combine those mods in your game (I have them also in mine).

If you have further questions, please come back and ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #DebugCommands
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    Can anyone help me figure out optimal settings? My goal is to make this game as close to sims 3 as possible.
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
    edited January 2017
    Can anyone help me figure out optimal settings? My goal is to make this game as close to sims 3 as possible.

This would be a pretty long explanation because there are so many options. It also depends on your way of playing and on your preferences. Maybe you could give some more details about what you would like to change; "as close to Sims 3 as possible" is a bit vague.

All time Top 3 of MC options are
    1. disabling sim/relationship culling ➽ MC Module 'Population'
    2. forcing alien abduction ➽ MC Module 'Occult'
    3. controlling pregnancy/offspring ➽ MC Module 'Pregnancy'
    But of course there are much more possibilities.

Please have a look at the MC MTS main page (link) where everything about the basics is explained. Install MC, click through the modules and check it out - it's the best way to understand.

Make a backup of your savegames to have a fallback option.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SimpleIntoxication Yes, please elaborate on what you mean by "like the Sims 3"- some of us have never played it, so for us that doesn't really say anything.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    Hey there! I'm struggling with the settings for the pregnancy module. What settings should I use if I want to see notifications for when one of my played sims is going into labor and manage it myself, but I don't want random townies getting pregnant and having babies. I've set Allow homeless to false, and percent adjustment to -100 but I still have a bunch of homeless townies getting pregnant and having sim babies. Any idea what else I should adjust?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    My MC keeps moving tons of Sims into households even though I have "Fill Empty Households" unchecked in the gameplay options. Does anybody know what setting in MC Population is causing this? (That's the only module I have.)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Terra I'm guessing by households you meant houses? If so, change the open houses setting to a number higher than the number of residential lots in your game (or some other high number like 90). Then sims won't be placed in houses because it has to leave that many lots open.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top