March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    SimNaja wrote: »
    Hey

I am using the MC command Center mods and have a question about ghosts.
    How do I set my settings if i don't want my sims to dissapear in my family tree but don't want ghost in my city and in my friendship panel?

I'm not exactly sure how to do it ALL, but here's what Deaderpool said in MC comments about keeping family tree ghosts:
    If you have all culling bypassed, NO SIMS will get deleted, ghosts or otherwise UNLESS you have Ghost Cleaning turned-on in MC Cleaner. Ghost Cleaning allows players to remove dead Sims from their game and still keep all living players around with culling disabled. In the past comments where we've talked about this, I've always recommend people to flag their ghosts for "No Culling" that they don't want MC Cleaner to delete from their family tree.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5122215#post5122215

I know any sims you don't want to have in your friendship panel, you should be able to run Forget Sim on. I don't know about that "ghost in my city" thing, though. If you mean off the maps, flag them as homeless (if you can, some options don't show up on ghosts, game limitation).

If I missed, ask again?

What I mean by "the city" is that I will not have ghosts walking around the city and show up on different lots.
    However, I would not want these ghosts to be deleted from their family tree. I think it's fun to play a family and make a great family tree.

Oh, okay. I don't think there's any way to KEEP the game from putting whoever it wants on maps.

BUT, you can use MC's Sim > Cheats to Make Sim Leave if they show up, and you want to boot them back off the map. Maybe someone cooler will turn up in their place. ;)
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    In the case of the above question I do not think it is possible to both eat the ghost and still have it so to speak. If memory serves me correct you can choose to not cull family ghost, while NPC ghosts will be culled. But you will still endure the family ghosts to roam free.
    AMB.jpg
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Show of hands... who here besides me has actually READ the ENTIRE Description page, including ALL the info under the Spoiler Buttons, for this very detailed mod?

Of course I have - many times. I use it always as a reference, when I try to give reasonable answers. Furthermore I'm a bit old fashioned: I like to use the commandline, so sometimes I have to look up the correct syntax. It's like Linux: sudo apt-get update ;)

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Is anybody else noticing weirdness with dresser/cas? (Game CAS, not mc cas module).

And while I'm sharing pictures, I just randomly decided to edit this one guy, and was really surprised to see THIS in his Bathing Outfit...

2cr14le.jpg

Am I the *only* one seeing weird things?

You may not have seen this thread. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/907201/males-wearing-female-clothing#latest
  • SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    edited December 2016
    @SimNaja ...

What?

I did the best I could. You may want to ask Deaderpool your questions in MC comments, if what I came up with wasn't satisfactory.
    @SimNaja ...

What?

I did the best I could. You may want to ask Deaderpool your questions in MC comments, if what I came up with wasn't satisfactory.

Oh sorry, it was helpfull. The dots above was a question I asked but regretted and could not delete it. Therefore I edited it and wrote the dots. It was not something with you :) Sorry if you thought it :)
    @SimNaja ...

What?

Oh sorry, it was helpfull. The dots above was a question I asked but regretted and could not delete it. Therefore I edited it and wrote the dots. It was not something with you :) Sorry if you thought it :)

Cool. Just "hit" me wrong... more doing with my state of mind (saw it right after I got home from work), than what you (didn't) post, probably. LOL!

Very Busy at work this week (retail, holidays, go figure), AND my eldest's college graduation is tomorrow. And I work tonight, tomorrow night, and Sunday night. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day for me.

I won't be online much tomorrow at all, except MAYBE for a little while in the morning, right after work. I'll *have* to at least check in, even if I don't have time to DO anything anywhere I haunt regularly. But I'll drive myself nuts wondering what's new, if I don't LOOK. :smiley: And it'll be the same thing tomorrow night before work, I'll browse if that's all I can do.

Holidays have basically knocked me into "all bets are off" mode. Just trying to ride the chaos wave this month has turned into. I'm not as able to roll with it as I was when I was younger. I used to thrive on chaos, now, notsomuch. I'm already looking forward to Monday (week off begins), and to January 2, when things will get back to something more like "normal" for me.

/ramble (took something to help me sleep... it's apparently working, I'm not making tons of sense. :p )
    But hey, I still need to ask my question.

I think that many of my Sims are gays. It's fine that there are some in my world, but I want to have less than 50/50. I thought that I had corrected the settings properly, but I have obviously not, for they continue to lovers of the same sex.

I think that many of my Sims are gays. It's fine that there are some in my world, but I want to have less than 50/50. I thought that I had corrected the settings properly, but I have obviously not, for they continue to lovers of the same sex.

I'm going to throw this one open to the floor for now... @Bonxie ? @Cyclelegs ? @gusti ? Anybody (else) care to take a stab at this?

Little much for me ATM, as bed is looking better every second.

If nobody's volunteered any ideas by this evening, I'll see what I can do before work. Hope that's okay. I'm just too foggy now to be able to dig into settings and so on.

One thing you could do would be to ZIP your mc_settings.cfg file, and post the zip file to Dropbox. (Mediafire does not like .cfg files AT ALL, even zipped, IIRC.)

Whether it's me or somebody else who tells you what's up, we're going to need to see that file, to be able to help you address your "who's who?" issue.

PLEASE don't post it here, it's over 650 lines long. Little eyesore-ish. ;)

I'll be back. B)

edited December 2016
    I'm going to throw this one open to the floor for now... @Bonxie ? @Cyclelegs ? @gusti ? Anybody (else) care to take a stab at this?

Sorry, I think I'm no help at all with this. I don't know how to manipulate gender preference in MCCC.

Only thing I know is, that there are some mods in MTS to tweak this setting (Azoresman's Gender Preference Set (link) and Scumbumbo's Gender Preference Commands (link) for example). I never used the first and according to the comments it seems to be broken by the latest patches. The second works fine in my game with patch 1.25. I should add that it's commandline mode and therefore has no menu, nevertheless it's easy to use.

OK, I am not sure I understand your issue but I think you mean that you are getting too many 'Same Sex' marriage and pregnancies from the 'Alarms' that MC runs. If you don't want this, it is probably better to stop MC doing the same sex stuff all together. Then, it is very easy to use MC's many features to manually control/add the 'Same Sex' families that you do want in your game.

Here is my solution to stopping the random (alarm generated) same sex marriage and pregnancy. I think there is more than one way of skinning this cat.

MC PC/Tablet console:
    MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Male Pregnancy > Disable
    MC Pregnancy > Partner Sim Selection > Partner Gender > Male
    MC Pregnancy > Same or Opposite Sex Only > None
    MC Pregnancy > Spouse Sim Selection > Spouse Gender > Both
    MC Pregnancy > Spouse Sim Selection > Same or Opposite Sex Only > Opposite Sex Only

Bonxie wrote: »
    Sorry, I think I'm no help at all with this. I don't know how to manipulate gender preference in MCCC.

Only thing I know is, that there are some mods in MTS to tweak this setting (Azoresman's Gender Preference Set (link) and Scumbumbo's Gender Preference Commands (link) for example). I never used the first and according to the comments it seems to be broken by the latest patches. The second works fine in my game with patch 1.25. I should add that it's commandline mode and therefore has no menu, nevertheless it's easy to use.

I use Azoresman's Gender Preference and it is working fine in my game that is full updated. Just grabbed a random sim on the street and used the UI to give her 100% for male preference. Checked with itasan2's Show/Search Sim Info Mod and she was tagged correctly at 100% for male. What I have never been convinced of is what it actually does for gameplay?
    edited December 2016
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    I use Azoresman's Gender Preference and it is working fine in my game that is full updated. Just grabbed a random sim on the street and used the UI to give her 100% for male preference. Checked with itasan2's Show/Search Sim Info Mod and she was tagged correctly at 100% for male. What I have never been convinced of is what it actually does for gameplay?

As far as I've seen it affects the success of serveral actions, e. g. flirting. Those actions seem to be more successful with the preferred gender (which would be logical by all means).

But you're right: In the end the result is poor.
    Yeah, @Cyclelegs and I are running mostly the same settings. And he's right, there's more than one way to do this. I'll post some of my settings (pasted from the config file, I don't have time to load the game to get the UI paths, though) at the bottom of this.

But I set my sims up with Flags for Opposite or Same sex, usually. Any from teen upward should have those options showing, under the Sim > MC > Flags menu. Some I don't set, to let the mod do what it will... "let the sim decide..." But sometimes one just HAS to be either hetero or not, you know? ;)

I haven't tried either of the genderpref mods. Scumbumbo has gone again, AWOL from modding, so if it's broken, unless someone else updates it, it's done. Azoresman is away for holidays, we may not hear from him till after the New Year. One of you could drop him a PM at MTS about the mod, he doesn't come here much AT ALL. But if nobody's told him personally, he's probably not checking mod pages and may not realize it broke... if it did. He's friendly, he won't bite you over a poke. :)

Speaking of time, I may NOT have enough to check in anywhere in the morning. Off work at 7, home 715, we're leaving about 830, and I don't have any idea what I'm going to wear, yet. Ack!

Let's just say I'll be back as soon as I can. I really can't tie myself down to more than that for tomorrow. RL > game. My oldest's (and our first parental journey into this territory) College Graduation is a Very Cool thing. B)

On to settings info...

Cycleleg's stuff:

MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Male Pregnancy > Disable
    MC Pregnancy > Partner Sim Selection > Partner Gender > Male
    MC Pregnancy > Same or Opposite Sex Only > None
    MC Pregnancy > Spouse Sim Selection > Spouse Gender > Both
    MC Pregnancy > Spouse Sim Selection > Same or Opposite Sex Only > Opposite Sex Only

From my settings file:

"Marriage_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Marriage_SpouseGenders": "M,F",

"Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "O",

• 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    Hello all! I have a question. I have the drinking water problem and someone said you can control this or limit it with mc command, which i do have now, and i did find something about thirst fix, but I still have the drinking water constantly...wake up and get a glass of water if there are no actions in the queue..its that often, each moment nothing is in the queue they get something to drink. Is this something I can stop? Or did I already apply the fix and this is the "limited" drinking?
    112061 wrote: »
    Hello all! I have a question. I have the drinking water problem and someone said you can control this or limit it with mc command, which i do have now, and i did find something about thirst fix, but I still have the drinking water constantly...wake up and get a glass of water if there are no actions in the queue..its that often, each moment nothing is in the queue they get something to drink. Is this something I can stop? Or did I already apply the fix and this is the "limited" drinking?

I think you can pretty much stop all the drinking water autonomously using MC. The settings are from the PC Interface.

MU UI > MC Tuner > Stop Annoying Actions...

You get a list of 6 actions to stop. Select the ones you want so that they show up with a ">" alongside. 'Get Water' is obviously one that your after but you will probably want 'Grab a Drink' and maybe the whole lot. I mean, they're free so fill your boots.
    112061 wrote: »

As @Cyclelegs already said, you can stop those actions with the MC Tuner module of MCCC.

Path:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Tuner > Stop Annoying Actions

These options are available in MC v3.0.3:
    y3m6c3Y4d8i1FEnYotX_aol_uGCwzxRruDKDATgWCoYY6A8Sa64lYE7EqjtQf0Yq_I1byhCRVmHuhvjD7PIjhVWKoR1DoZdtFZWC0OhAH_nUF3tnC3mUV-Dt2Lmp3CXIBwFodoTRrha-MYVix4Cdocrb1dqtXpCjpCxF8uNyklUu9Y?width=401&height=486&cropmode=none
    Great answers!

One Annoying Action you might *want* to leave Enabled is Wash Hands... if you disable that, they also won't wash their hands after they use the bathroom. I mean, you can tell them to, of course, but I haven't noticed that one being hugely intrusive like some of the "get drinks" are.

AFAIK, off means off. There's no "limited." ;)
    By the way, an off topic bit about my daughter... 25, and graduated with Honors and Magna 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Laude (I wonder if the middle word will be plummed... ;) ) with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Worked, too, all through school.

Hubby and I are Very Proud! My alma mater, my degree is a Bachelor of Arts in Communications, though. IMO, hers is worth more. I'm not even using mine... I bet she does, hers. <3 It was a nice day, I did get some sleep, and work last night wasn't too bad. One to go.

@Cyclelegs if you want to post about your "problem child" sim here, maybe somebody will be able to help? (Not an MC-originated issue, but a weird thing. I'm intrigued... If you post here, I don't have to go hunting other threads. LOL!!)

• catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited December 2016
    Congratulation for your daughter @egwarhammer
    Words are soul's image
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Is there a part of this mod that is supposed to clean relationship panels automatically? I have the settings set to MC cleaner relationship culling, then the cleaner module relationships to clean at acquaintances, but I still have a host of irrelevant Sims in my relationship panel. Did I do something wrong?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited December 2016
    By the way, an off topic bit about my daughter... 25, and graduated with Honors and Magna plum Laude (I wonder if the middle word will be plummed... ;) ) with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Worked, too, all through school.

Hubby and I are Very Proud! My alma mater, my degree is a Bachelor of Arts in Communications, though. IMO, hers is worth more. I'm not even using mine... I bet she does, hers. <3 It was a nice day, I did get some sleep, and work last night wasn't too bad. One to go.

@Cyclelegs if you want to post about your "problem child" sim here, maybe somebody will be able to help? (Not an MC-originated issue, but a weird thing. I'm intrigued... If you post here, I don't have to go hunting other threads. LOL!!)

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation :) A very clever young woman - great things await her, I'm sure.
    Post edited by loubyloulou on
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Is there a part of this mod that is supposed to clean relationship panels automatically? I have the settings set to MC cleaner relationship culling, then the cleaner module relationships to clean at acquaintances, but I still have a host of irrelevant Sims in my relationship panel. Did I do something wrong?

Not necessarily... let's see what the docs say. From the mc_cmd_center settings table, there's this:

RelationshipCullingType If the setting is "D"-disabled, the EA relationship culling process that deletes Sims relationships after an amount of time with no contact will be deactivated. No relationship culling will occur. If the setting is "E"-enabled, then the default EA relationship culling will occur. If MC Cleaner is deployed, an additional setting value of "C" will be available. When this setting is used, MC Cleaner relationship cleaning will happen rather than EA's default relationship culling and it will follow the relationship cleaning rules as configured in MC Cleaner. After changing, the game must be restarted for the changes to take effect. (default) "E"

And if you use MC's Cleaner routine, there's this from that module's settings table:

Cleaner_CleanRelationships This setting stores the two values necessary for MC Cleaner relationship cleaning. The first value is what type of Sims are affected by the cleaning. The valid values are "N"-NPC Only, "P"-NPC and Played, "AO"-Only active Sims will have their relationships cleaned, "PO"-Only played and inactive Sims will have their relationships cleaned and "A"-All Sims including active Sims.

The second value is what level of relationships to clean from the specified Sims. The valid values are "Z"-Zero Level only, "C"-Custom Level (Any value between 0 and 100 may be specified), "A"-acquaintances or less, "F"-friends or less, "GF"-All relationships except significant others, "S"-All relationships including significant others. No family members will be cleaned by this process. Note that absolute values are used for the scores. So if a custom setting of 20 is set and the relationship score is between -20 and 20, then the relationship will be deleted. The same is true for the other score types: Acquaintance, Friend, etc. (default) N,A

It's possible you don't have it cleaning your active sims... save a copy of your game to your desktop (trust me) and play around with the different variables here, to see what works best for you.

I started off with all and zero level, and that didn't go over too well here. Reload, NPCs and acquaintance level, I liked much better. It just depends.

If you want to trigger it manually, if you have MC Cheats installed, there's an option to do it from the mailbox menu, near the bottom. ;)

Otherwise, it runs between 2 and 5 AM nightly, IIRC... whenever EA's version would run.
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top