Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want in a generations pack?

I know we have glance at toddlers, so let's focus on all the other age groups in this discussion!

Children:
Dressing up. We need our little kids to dress up and be kids!
More playground items. I would love a slide, swingset, bring back the spinning thing from The Sims 2 Apartment life, (Did the spinner come from that) Maybe some jump ropes where 3 sims could play with each other!
Field trips to hidden destinations only accessible through field trips randomly!
New clothes and hairs! I feel like The Sims 4 is lacking good girl clothes!! Have some fashion sense! I will pay designers to go to Maxis and design some clothes for sims. Like that's how bad this is. Likewise for hairs as well. CC is a must for me with children.
Accessory arm floaties for pools.
Games: Tag, rock paper scissors, cow boys and indians, (or guns and robbers for those folks who grew up doing that) That huge colorful tent like blanket thing. (You know, the yellow, red, blue tarp that you go under?)
Actions: Stealing cookies from the cookie jar, and if they get caught, they have to clean their room or the dishes.

I think you get the point for children.

Teens: PROM. PROM. PROM.
Parties: Parents are away parties, after Prom parties, Graduation parties.
Clothing: TEEN ONLY CLOTHES. Can we please have some clothes that are dedicated to one age only?
Games: Spin the juice bottle, challenges, maybe when supernatural ep is created, teen sims can play a charlie charlie challenge and summon a ghost or a werewolf O.O
Actions: Yell at parents without hurting their relationship too much, sneak out to parties, be rebellious and drink the juice, Have moodswings where there wishes would be to change their style.

Elders

Basically everything sims 3 generations had to offer but more. xD
445.png
The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Raccoon woohoo. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Anything but toddlers.
    At first I thought it kinda sucked they were taken out but the constant complaining of players has put me off toddlers. I hope we won't get them.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'd love to see some new childish pranking interactions for Children and Teens. You know, covering trees with toilet paper, egging houses, putting a sleeping sim's hand in a bucket of warm water while they sleep so that they pee themselves...that sort of immature stuff. Also, for Teens, I think it would be cool if they could spray paint on walls if they have a certain level of mischief and painting skill (like, Level 3 in both to unlock it). Yeah...basically everything I want from kids from Toddler to Teen has to do with them being bad...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I want toddlers ofc, more fun activities for kids, preteens, teens that act more like teens and have acne, mid life crisis for adults, and canes for elders. I generally want each life stage to be more unique.
  • Options
    PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member

What is raccooon woohoo?
    445.png
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited March 2016
    Babies finally free from there prisons, toddlers, more child activities, teens correct height with own clothing, elders with more facial details, walks etc.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I'd like to see toddlers of course and more family interactions and objects for families to do together like a picnic
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Oh, it would also be nice to include hobbies like in TS2 Free Time. It would fit well with generations, and give every life stage fun things to do!
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2016
    I had this in another discussion post also. But, feel it definitely applies here (with some tweaks)!

I think that with babies, obviously a majority of people want them to be free from the cradle like in TS2 & 3. I would also like to see them in maybe a sleeper? Like the ones with footies so they aren't a mummy or freezing in a diaper! Lol. I would also like to see the girl babies come with like a cute headband, or at least have the option to edit their outfits, hair, and add accessories in cas mode.

Toddlers period! If they give us Toddlers I'd like to see more interaction options. I know they could cry for food after they were taught to talk, but I think there could be others too. Like "wants to snuggle" or something like that. That'd be neat for the more generations focused simmers. I think it'd be neat if there was like a tree swing, or even just a toddler swing for outside or at a park that they could swing on like the kids can. I've been trying to think of other items that could be good for a toddler to gain skill off of, but can't really figure any more out!

Kids. I like them how they are, I think they've been doing a good job at keeping them consistent with TS2 & 3, although I would like to see a slumber party option again, or perhaps a treehouse, or even one of those fun playhouses we had as children. I think they should have skateboarding, roller blading, and perhaps a "learn to ride a bike" skill set that could help them game like mental skill or fitness and also provide bonding for parent and child.

Pre-teens. Now this is an interesting one. I think in this phase there should be different moodlets, because let me tell you, I was moody at that age! I definitely think acne should come back into play--it was funny for me and more life-like. Crushes are a cute idea. They had Prom in TS3, maybe they could have like a middle school formal or something too?

Teens. I like the more adultish attributes they've added for them "Mess around" "Ask about Woohoo", etc because I think those are definitely real happenings in teenage life. And now that they have focused more on moodlets and social settings in TS4, maybe they could have different social clicks they could be apart of like in TS3 university "jock, loner, gamer, cheerleader" etc. And perhaps after school activities again for all school ages? (Add more life like activites, like cheerleading, football, soccer, debate, swimming etc).

Adults are fine for me, would like a lot more interactive jobs though. That is a fun new thing "Get to Work".

Death. I think it'd be neat to have the option to purchase like a family mausoleum to put family remains in that can follow whichever family member has it on their property. But it has to stay in the family. Or at least you can purchase one in the cemetary or something.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    for generations?

Toddlers, with all the toddler activities to go with them. Let them scoot up and down stairs. Let them color on the walls. Let them bang on pots on the kitchen floor. Let us be able to bathe them in the kitchen and/or bathroom sink. Changing tables, cribs, toddler beds, high chairs, pacifiers.

Children: roller skates, bicycles to ride around the neighborhood. Hop scotch, merry-go-rounds, jump rope, cops-n-robbers, cooties, mud pits to play in. Bring back scouts, ballerina and after school activities. Club houses, sleep-over parties. School dances.

Teens. More outfits, so they can actually be the rebels, gothic, jocks, nerds, socially awkward. Let them have acne. Bring in proms, detention and a curfew. Let them have an after school job.

YA. More interactions with the babies/children/teens. Let the parents be parents.

Adult. Mid life crisis that is different than Sims3. I hated mid-life crisis where it was divorce X. Switch jobs, get a motorcycle, dye the hair. Gain/lose weight. Have a baby, go to night school.

Elder. Make them fear death.

For all stages, a player adjustable bar so we can set the number of days in each stage.
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I want all the stuff that was in TS3 Generations. :) I loved the treehouses so much; they were great.

The one thing I do not want back is the whole parental punishment system. Being able to ground kids sounded good on paper, but the execution was annoying in-game. My sim's kid was given a time-out for something bad they'd done, so they had to go in a corner. Then they desperately needed the loo but couldn't go because they were still in time-out. They then had an accident, which cancelled out the time-out interaction and led to them being scolded. It was just ridiculous. :P
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    Lishacake wrote: »
    I want all the stuff that was in TS3 Generations. :) I loved the treehouses so much; they were great.

The one thing I do not want back is the whole parental punishment system. Being able to ground kids sounded good on paper, but the execution was annoying in-game. My sim's kid was given a time-out for something bad they'd done, so they had to go in a corner. Then they desperately needed the loo but couldn't go because they were still in time-out. They then had an accident, which cancelled out the time-out interaction and led to them being scolded. It was just ridiculous. :P

what if the parental-punishment was option and you could choose to pick a punishment for the sims' children/teens?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Lishacake wrote: »

what if the parental-punishment was option and you could choose to pick a punishment for the sims' children/teens?
    Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, if it was optional I would be happy with that. I'm sure other people probably liked the system. If we could customise that, it'd be great. Just like irl, some parents are more strict/laid-back than others. So it'd be great if we were able to customise how they'd respond to their kids if they misbehave.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    The one thing I would want is a more elaborate family tree. Also, I miss the memories from Sims 2. It was so interesting to see the Sims' big milestones (without the cockroaches which ruined it)
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I agree with everything so far. I would love for my sims to be able to take family portraits with the cameras. Photo booths should return and the greeting card booth that came with Sims 3 Seasons was nice and I would not complain if that returned! Ability to choose the pose would be a nice feature.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member

What is raccooon woohoo?

@PandaSpirit SimGuruGraham showed a picture of two raccoon "woohooing" on the streets when he was living work late at night once as a joke, even though people thought it would be a hint for a while; And Colton likes to mention raccoon woohoo every now and then ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I hoping for all the things suggested by so many simmers plus:
    1. ability to bind infant to different objects(backpack, stroller, mat, swing, bathtub, ect.)
    2. pogo sticks, Atv, tricycle, little scooter cars for toddlers, dolls(babydoll, Barbie doll, rag doll, porcelain)paddle ball, bubbles
    3. More playground equipment; just love the riders. Playground equipment and gym equipment were some of my fav. objects in common
    objects to get in S3
    4. Toddlers and clothes for both them and infants(blanket, onesie, outfit, dress, furry outfit).
    5. Oh please, a real adoption agency; been asking for years in S3. Ability to go and interact with the kids before adoption and then pick out the sim or sims who would complete your family the best.
    6. Ability to click on toddler and have it laugh out loud, smile cutely, put out arms to be held, cry, ect.

<3<3<3
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,242 Member
    I want ... brothers and sisters !

Not like The Sims series, like the reality :

- Sibling who take care of the younger
    - Sibling who teach good or bad things (make pranks for example)

I'm the younger brother, I love all the things I did with my older brothers and my older sister, it's good memories.

I would like "sibship" and "family" mean something in The Sims for the first time.
  • Options
    PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member
    BUMP! I wanted to bring this back up because making a new thread would be too many family threads. (imo) I think we should start thinking of this game without toddlers, and what could make the family play, better. I feel giving us more options for kids and NOT just a tiny little stuff pack that is only gonna make us happy for 2.5 seconds until the magic evaporates. Give kids more options, either give us preteens or give teens some fun options.

Quick question, if EA wanted to, could the devs make teens shorter? It would be a lot of work but is it possible? I know we have a mod that can give us a height slider, but it's really glitchy, as it would be since it wasn't something made by the officials with all the right tools and coding.
    445.png
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I would like to see Maxis design a new family tree system that actually linked sims together and our sims actually interacted with the sim as the title was given to them. The family tree system would show mother and father, their children, their children's children, children's aunts and uncles/cousins/nieces and nephews; step-parent/step-sibling/aunt and uncle by marriage... all the way down the line. So when these sims were to visit households or our sims meet them on the street they had family interactions, and it showed their family connection to our sim.
  • Options
    KrissiRooKrissiRoo Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like toddlers, PROM!, cars (so the teens can take a drivers test), parties when the parents are gone and actual slumber party interactions, PETS!!!!!
  • Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    I like that @Simmer724 mentioned social cliques for teens. I think if they did it well that would be very cool. Like there would be a group of teen sims who everyone saw in a higher light than the rest, and if your teen sims recognized it it'd be great! Like when you send your teen sim to school for the first or second or whatever time and decide to have them make friends they could get a popup saying like "Tana just crossed paths with the popular crowd! Should she strike up a conversation or slip past them?" Either simple like the ones they already get about what to do for their projects or when kids pick on them, or more complex like the interactive stories you get while taking the rocket ship to space. Though, I could see the latter becoming a bit tedious if you're a generational player. The tricky part is how they would make the game recognize who was in the group or how they would generate them? It'd be weird if they generated a group of cool kids that consisted of all the stereotypes... Geek, cheerleader, rebel, goth... But also kinda cool too lol.
    I would like to see Maxis design a new family tree system that actually linked sims together and our sims actually interacted with the sim as the title was given to them. The family tree system would show mother and father, their children, their children's children, children's aunts and uncles/cousins/nieces and nephews; step-parent/step-sibling/aunt and uncle by marriage... all the way down the line. So when these sims were to visit households or our sims meet them on the street they had family interactions, and it showed their family connection to our sim.

Interesting idea :)

Everyone so far has really good ideas! Hopefully they implement at least half of them if or when they make a generations ep
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would love family portraits! And definitely make the family tree bigger and better!
  • Options
    S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    Hey! S1MSLYS1S__Q.A.R.D

1. definitely jump rope in fact i want jump ropes now in base so much.
    2. the clothes. You raise and issue about the outfits in Sims 4 why not campaign that us the simmers have can SIMS content contest. So we create items/designs either by drawing or whatever method in our specific category on a contest board which our fellow simmers will vote on. and the highest three in each category wins (categories are also divided by age and gender, occasion if for sim). i.e hair contest (top 3), clothes contest(top 3), accessories contest(top 3), shoe contest (top 3), hat contest (top 3) in specify gender, age and occasion. items contest (top 3) (bed, windows,furniture)
    3. Response 2HubbiesNLove, I think what would also be cool is if you could link sims in other household either in world or not as family relation if you want to so when enter world already connected to family tree.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,533 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Anything but toddlers.
    At first I thought it kinda sucked they were taken out but the constant complaining of players has put me off toddlers. I hope we won't get them.

Wow.gif
    Now that's just mean.

I liked TS3 Generations, but too much of it happend off-screen.
    I would like to see more interactive features this time around.
    I mainly want it for Toddlers and Pre-teens. I only want pre-teens because current teens look to old and might as well be Young Adults. Actually they are young adults with a name change.

The pre-teen stage would give us middle child stage and I could see EA having fun with middle child syndrome.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds