Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simguru Romeo Interview

Comments

• Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Just popping in to offer...

gm0501.gif

Matthew.
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    > @Sennie said:
    > To celebrate the Sims 16th Anniversary I made a new Sims picture...I hope you all like it :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Matthew.

I don't like it... I love it, love it, love it
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Have any of you SimGurus played De Blob? I absolutely love that game if you couldn't tell from my profile pic.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Marycool33 wrote: »
    > @Sennie said:
    > To celebrate the Sims 16th Anniversary I made a new Sims picture...I hope you all like it :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Matthew.

I don't like it... I love it, love it, love it

Thank you so very much @Marycool33 :) That's very kind of you. And I'm glad you love it as much as I do :)

Hugs <3

Matthew.
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    How difficult is it to say: ''Yes we are listening!''.

Come on, everyone can say that. I don't believe it, want to see my toddlers and family play first, since that's what the community screams since the game got released and we still got to see them................... so, listening? prove it.

Yep! This is all I wanted to say as well. :wink:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    mw1525 I hangout on the Sims Reddit and Twitter, but I do read the Forums a lot.

Which sites do you feel are happier and give constructive feedback? Would you say the forums are very negative or would you say they are full of nuggets of player's frustrations? I think I would read and speak with the forum goers more because usually backlash is just a symptom of something really annoying them and or bugging them to make them want to lash out at the game or the gurus or anyone else and though it can be harsh it's a gold mine of information of why so many are still so unhappy. And being told how things work can help resolve whether they want to continue to hang out here and wait for something that would be too costly for you guys or too hard in the long run and not worth it. Little talks here and getting those questions answered would at least help with if we stay or go and get out of your hair.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I LOVE this thread! I do agree with you @Cinebar I know we all want answers to what we can expect in the future for our game, BUT a little communication goes a long way, even if it's just silly stuff! Spotlight interviews with the guru's was a great idea, and seeing them popping into this thread makes me so happy! <3
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks SimGuruSteve is super hot? :P
    giphy.gif
    *SimGuruRomeo

giphy.gif

Juuuuust kidding, he deserves it.

omg, that sounds so sad :joy: It's ok @SimGuruSteve, we like you too :D

I like your family trees, @chealsycat :)
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks SimGuruSteve is super hot? :P
    giphy.gif
    *SimGuruRomeo

giphy.gif

Juuuuust kidding, he deserves it.

That was just brutal!

• Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    I don't know what @SimGuruSteve looks like, but he's got the funny personality. :D

And that reminds me of She's The Man. :smirk:
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Oh yes @MelissaStarbees - grumpy Tarda is awesome <3 I dream of seeing her in my game one day o:)
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    chealsycat wrote: »
    Oh yes @MelissaStarbees - grumpy Tarda is awesome <3 I dream of seeing her in my game one day o:)

haha that'll be awesome xD soon tho soon *would insert grumpy cat soon thing here if there was one*
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    Hello everyone :)

I hope you're all having a great Sunday :) I've spent most of today writing and singing. I'll get back on to playing the Sims tomorrow probably. I just wanted to come by and wish all the mum's/mom's of the world a happy Mother's Day!!! :D

happy_mothers_day-1.jpg

3302.jpg

I hope you all have a great day :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sennie wrote: »

I hope you're all having a great Sunday :) I've spent most of today writing and singing. I'll get back on to playing the Sims tomorrow probably. I just wanted to come by and wish all the mum's/mom's of the world a happy Mother's Day!!! :D

happy_mothers_day-1.jpg

3302.jpg

Matthew.

Huh? :confused: nvmd, you're UK. In Japan and the US it's in May.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

happy_mothers_day-1.jpg

3302.jpg

Matthew.

Huh? :confused: nvmd, you're UK. In Japan and the US it's in May.

And canada may 8th
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    Yeah in the UK it's March :) it's really good for my Mum because in 11 days it's her birthday, so she gets two lots of presents all in the same month :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    NightSimNightSim Posts: 33 Member
    > @Orchid13 said:
    > rudy8292 wrote: »
    >
    > How difficult is it to say: ''Yes we are listening!''.
    >
    > Come on, everyone can say that. I don't believe it, want to see my toddlers and family play first, since that's what the community screams since the game got released and we still got to see them................... so, listening? prove it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Also agree with this. I have proof of them not listening.
    >
    > Evidence A: Toddlers
    >
    > We've been asking for toddlers for a year and a half now and we still have no toddlers. They haven't even mentioned them except for RF saying it was best not to put them to date.
    >
    > Evidence B: Culling
    >
    > We've been complaining about culling and they go ahead and introduce a new form of culling.
    >
    > I have evidence all the way up to Z , but those are like the biggest ones.

I agree but the one I relate to the most is culling! How are we supposed to have a huge family tree if our sims are completely erased!
  • Options
    AcatsimmerAcatsimmer Posts: 57 Member
    I love SimGurus :D
    kcDovEA.png
    Click on the banner above to visit my tumblr, and see the Bennett Legacy and simming on Mac tips!
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake other than The Sims and Pokemon, do you play any other games? :) I was wondering if you play the Lego games or stuff like Assassins Creed?

Also I'm interested to know how you ended up working with EA :) was it something you always wanted to do or did it just sort of happen? :)
    I think it looks like it would be really fun working at EA with people like @SimGuruGraham and @SimGuruSteve :D

Matthew.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    @SimGuruDrake other than The Sims and Pokemon, do you play any other games? :) I was wondering if you play the Lego games or stuff like Assassins Creed?

Also I'm interested to know how you ended up working with EA :) was it something you always wanted to do or did it just sort of happen? :)
    I think it looks like it would be really fun working at EA with people like @SimGuruGraham and @SimGuruSteve :D

Matthew.

I play lots of games :) I own all of the Lego games that are tied to franchises ( Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, etc) and I've also played LOTS of Assassin's Creed. Currently I'm obsessed with Stardew Valley, it is a nice homage to Harvest Moon -which is another favorite of mine- and I just really love pixel / 8-bit art style games.

As for working at EA / Maxis: I've always worked in the video game industry doing community management / live stream content / event work. When I saw the job listing for CM of The Sims I just had to apply and I was lucky enough to get it (who wouldn't jump at the chance to work on one of their favorite franchises?!). It is really fun to work with all of the SimGurus, they are a witty bunch lol.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options

Matthew.

I play lots of games :) I own all of the Lego games that are tied to franchises ( Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, etc) and I've also played LOTS of Assassin's Creed. Currently I'm obsessed with Stardew Valley, it is a nice homage to Harvest Moon -which is another favorite of mine- and I just really love pixel / 8-bit art style games.

As for working at EA / Maxis: I've always worked in the video game industry doing community management / live stream content / event work. When I saw the job listing for CM of The Sims I just had to apply and I was lucky enough to get it (who wouldn't jump at the chance to work on one of their favorite franchises?!). It is really fun to work with all of the SimGurus, they are a witty bunch lol.

Wow it sounds like you have such a fun time working with EA @SimGuruDrake :) It's also really cool that you have worked in the video game industry for all your life! :) And yes you're so right, I wouldn't miss a chance to try and work with my favourite company's. Who would?

That's super that you own all the Lego games :D I don't own all of them yet, but I am getting there. Do you have a favourite one?
    I haven't played Stardew Valley yet, but I have checked it out and it looks super fun!! :) So I'll have to buy it later this month.

It's great that you love your job and that you LOVE playing lots of video games as well :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Just curious, when is the next guru spotlight interview going to be? Also is it going to be a weekly thing, or a monthly thing?:)
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Just curious, when is the next guru spotlight interview going to be? Also is it going to be a weekly thing, or a monthly thing?:)

It will be a monthly thing :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Cool! :+1: looking forward to the next interview already! :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Good to know, thanks for the reply! :smiley: