Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @JLBDreamer There is a Short Story Challenge thread in the TS4 stories and legacies section :blush: I'm on my phone right now so I can't link directly to it, but it should be on the first or second page of that section! Every month there is a theme and rules to follow. Then, at the end of the month, readers vote on their favorite stories and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places are awarded :) It's very fun!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    @CitizenErased14 said:
    > @JLBDreamer There is a Short Story Challenge thread in the TS4 stories and legacies section :blush: I'm on my phone right now so I can't link directly to it, but it should be on the first or second page of that section! Every month there is a theme and rules to follow. Then, at the end of the month, readers vote on their favorite stories and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places are awarded :) It's very fun!

Thanks! I will take a look at it!

@everyone

So I'm still gathering files and testing them and I had another question for challenge related stories and your thoughts. I had a 100 BC in Sims 3 with a black comedy story arch I'd like to finish but I lost the file. Do you think it would be cheating to count children that got lost? I'd basically be time jumping past that sections with flash-back stuff to get to the final section recreating the kids (which were born since I played them)? I'm not sure if I can do it or not yet but I am considering it.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited February 2016
    @InfraGreen XD Thank you! ^-^
    @thesealofthesims XD Perhaps you need to speed up? I don't think we can all slow down... But yes, I love pets. :3 Thanks for the comment on my SP sim! ^-^ She is really a beauty, isn't she? Thank you for the comments on my kitty! ^-^
    @MayaRose1138 Hehe. ^-^ I will definitely let you know. :)
    @CitizenErased14 You can do it! ^-^
    @JLBDreamer 1) Short Story Thread for the sims 3. 2) To find how many points you have, go to your profile page, then to the far left (next to all your notifications), is a little grey box-thing. It shows all your information points/posts/activity-wise. You have 65 points and 28 posts. What you need to be a member is to get more posts. 3) I don't think it would be cheating depending on how much there was before...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    Hey guys, so I have some fantastic news. :grin:
    My neighbor pulled through at the last minute and found a group that's going to help her out and make sure she pays her rent and stuff, so since they gave their word that she won't be falling behind on rent again, the park has decided to give her one last chance to keep her home. I don't know how she did it but I am super thankful that it's taken care of. :blush:

So - every thing is going pretty good for me right now. :heart:
    Settling down to really search for a new job, and just settling back into "normal". :kissing_smiling_eyes:

@Jes2G , @SilentWolf101 , @RipuAncestor , @ValoisFulcanelli , @thesealofthesims , Thank you guys so much. :sweat_smile: I don't really feel like I was doing more than what anybody would though.

@Lckygrl1975 I know this is going to sound crass - but that was probably my biggest concern. :cold_sweat: I know that every time I run over there to help her with something around the house she wants me to sit and visit for a time, and it feels like it just sucks hours out of my life. I'm just not very good at socializing in real life. I enjoy it, but I find it incredibly draining. There are a few very close friends and family that don't suck the energy out of me, but it's a very limited group. I don't think that I'm an introvert really, maybe just a little anxious. Either way, beyond even just the cost or loss of privacy - that was probably my biggest fear.

@ValoisFulcanelli Omg, that cruise ship is gorgeous. I think I'd be willing to go on one again if it was like that. :heart:

I think the idea of an "announcements" sort of thread would be a lot of fun to go through. :heart: It's made me consider doing something for the birth I'm working up towards in my own story.... Honestly, when I reached my founder's death I would have really have liked to have somewhere like that too - would have done a whole spread, articles in the paper, funeral announcements, fan tributes - the whole thing... I was so broken up. I missed him so badly. I did a whole chapter on his funeral (nearly two actually, and that's back when my chapters were 3-5k words a piece).

Congrats

@Blythelyre Oh gosh, that birth announcement of Cynthia is just so gorgeous. :smile:

@SilentWolf101 Oooh! Pictures of the sim-kitty! :heart: Alrighty... It's too handsome *takes and runs away, cuddling furiously*

@EmmaBarbie Oh wow. :hushed: That seems to be going around. Sorry to hear about it, and I hope your Go-Fund-Me goes well.

@CitizenErased14 Dang! I'm gonna need to get on reading D2D so I can read the short! :yum: I suppose that's fine though, since I just binge-read Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" in two days, and kinda need to pace myself on the sequel so my boyfriend has a chance to get a fair shot at the audio book - So it'll give me a distraction. It does remind me thought that I need to finish reading "Dustland Fairytail" (as that's the one I'd started but hadn't finished yet on my previous reading list).

Songs Oh god, I don't think I do ANYTHING that I need to focus on without music playing in the background. I don't usually make playlists (since my knowledge of music is pathetic) but sometimes there are specific songs that just become an anthem for what I'm working on. The first chapter of the drama I had begun to write had one that I found AFTER writing it while I was looking for another song... and it just kinda spoke to me about the whole direction of the series I had planned.

City Lights' "The Dark Side" https://youtube.com/watch?v=eetuKjPeQS0 (inspired by starwars I think. lol)

The one I ended up using for the chapter though, was City Lights' "Cold and Grey" https://youtube.com/watch?v=D0Z1UpzzrHk

And then, the short I wrote for the January Short contest I played one particular song the ENTIRE time I worked on it (and cried like a baby), Colbie Caillat's "Begin again" https://youtube.com/watch?v=tSsJ1slmdUk

Short Story Contest
    Congrats @ValoisFulcanelli for having yours done and entered already. I saw it on tumblr the other day and was super excited about it - but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

I might be doing one again this week. I'm considering writing the first chapter of the short series I built the runaway hide-away for. I had planned on leaving it alone because I just haven't been very faithful on working on my legacy - but it seems to fit the prompt really really well... Maybe I haven't quite decided. :smirk:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    @RebornMonster XD Thank you for the comments on my kitty simself! And thank goodness things all worked out in the end for her. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited February 2016
    You know, everyone I know pretty much unanimously uses music for writing inspiration, and writes to certain music to set the mood. My sister absolutely lives for this... and I, oddly enough, am the odd man out. I simply can't write with music playing, because the lyrics in the song "distract" me from the words I'm trying to find in my head. It used to be I could at least play instrumentals, but since my Daily Persistent Headache condition has just gotten worse and worse over the years, I've just come to value silence more and more, and now I pretty much always write to silence. If my neighbors are making distracting noise through the walls of the apartments, I'll use a relaxing but non-distracting white noise, such as RainyMood.com. The sound of rain and a cup of tea just tend to put me in a "writing mood." (And we don't get much natural rain here, being a desert and all...)

@JLBDreamer : This is the proper link to the Short Story Challenges thread. Every month there is a different theme, and you just have to write a story, using any Sim game in 500-1500 words and 1-12 images on that theme (though some months have other rubrics). For example, this month the theme is "A Different Kind of Love" and the stipulations are 500-2000 words and 1-15 images. If you enjoy theme writing, I suggest checking it out, it's a lot of fun!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 @SilentWolf101 @mastressalita I'll check out the Short Story Challenges thread once I'm a full member then. I thought 50 points let me post links but I guess I was wrong. They make it hard to get "likes" when all you can do is post endless blocks of text. How can I get people to read stories if I haven't met the requirement yet?

Anyway I'll be trying to set up my files and do some writing by this weekend and maybe I'll have enough by then.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @JLBDreamer do one more comment!!! :blush: You have more than 60 points, but you also need 30 comments and it looks like you have 29 :blush: You are so close!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    Thanks to those who said hi and welcome back; still pretty busy, but slowly finding myself writing and simming more.

Our beautiful Sofie (Maltese X Shih-Tzu) is being desexed on Monday, so I'll be playing nurse to her for a few weeks so I'll have lots of time to hopefully get out my 3rd chapter.

Also my apologies to anyone ATM who hasn't seen my 2nd chapter via my WordPress blog, I've forgotten my email to access, I'm hunting for it tomorrow and will let you know when it's updated :D

*hugs to all*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey guys :) sorry I have been away from here lately, the last weeks were quite busy. I've been preparing my exams, doing youtube videos, updating my blog and all that jazz ^^ But I'll try to pop in more frequently from now on :)

@JLBDreamer I would love to see you in the short story challenge thread :) it's a really fun challenge, I grabbed the link for you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845637/short-story-challenges-february-a-different-kind-of-love/p1
    This months theme is "Love of a Different Kind" ^^

@RebornMonster I can definitely recommend reading D2D :) It's an amazing and well-written story ^^

On the topic of music, I normally don't have any music playing while writing because as @mastressalita the lyrics distract me. Sometimes I have instrumental music though when I am trying to write a part that is particularly emotional. Piano music is great for this ^^

@IvoryButterfly Good luck with finding your wordpress email ^^ I almost always save my login details on my pc because I'm signed up on so many sites I would forget them all normally xD
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Devan has fallen into a good rhythm with Aria, chores, and work. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/i-got-this/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Hi Guys,

Happy Tuesday :)

cover43_zps7wkldofg.jpg

Painswater Point
    7.43 Revenge Part 2 Final) http://pp.lckysim.co.uk/?p=4507

@RebornMonster, glad things worked out for your neighbour. I like my own company but like socializing in small amounts. Sharing your home while rewarding would have been stressful so I'm happy it worked out. Hope things are alright otherwise :)

@IvoryButterfly, Another chapter yay.

@SilverDaybreak, Hi and waves :)

@SilentWolf101. Hi and hope you are well. The weather is terrible here, high winds and rain :( roll on sunshine :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @CitizenErased14 Well if that is so then my comment on your story should've worked so let me try...
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • Options
    The tags still didn't work? Oh, well maybe I didn't type them right? **sigh**
  • Options
    Ok second try...

Since I've mentioned the Rainbowcy I'm going to try and rescue this is what is up on the old blog. It was a "Choose your own adventure format" where I had to write the story in the direction the readers voted which is a challenge but fun.

The Frost Rainbowcy is a fantasy and I started it before the supernatural EP so all the Fairies have CC for wings at the start but I did change them over once the EP came out pretty close to when my computer died.

FL1-2-9.jpg
    That's my founder Kipling Frost and his wife Minty (second half of a set of twins named Pepper and Minty since I created all the townies myself).

ts3w-2013-03-23-23-43-39-18.jpg?w=600&h=450
    This is Austen the current heir. I only got up to Gen 2 on it and the other two legacies I was working on that i hope to salvage.

Anyway I tried Sims 3 on my Mac side but it didn't handle it well and kept getting a memory error so I had to uninstall it and I'll have to reinstall it all on the Bootcamped Windows side so it might be awhile before I can tell if I can salvage it and the other two legacies yet.

Wild Hearts is a vampiracy also up to Gen 2.

ts3w-2012-12-04-11-06-24-32.jpg?w=600&h=434
    This is the family. My Sim Erica Wilder and I ended up using Vlad Schlick, since it was in Bridgeport, and their kids oldest Constantine with his wife Giesele Thao (who is @SilverDaybreak Sim) and twins Romanov and Lucretcia.

The last one I hope to continue of Sims 3 is my Pet Masters legacy in Appaloosa Plains.

ts3w-2012-05-15-20-46-33-17.jpg
    My founder Rita Ambrose married Gavin Pinkerton.

ts3w-2012-12-23-15-55-56-45.jpg?w=600&h=450
    Their youngest Cameron is the current Gen 2 heir.

If I can somehow recreate and rescue the files I saved enough to piece together these I'd really love to continue them. I might be starting my Sims 4 stories first since I'll have some work to do before I see if I can manage to salvage enough to continue these fairly.
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Hey, before I get into replies, I was wondering if anyone here is any good with doing fan art? I've been looking for someone to help me do cover art for some of my fan fics. I'm pretty bad at drawing, but I've managed to do some covers that work. But there's a few that I don't like or would like to include people, and I'm just not that good.

I've been hoping to find someone who is and is willing to do it for pretty much nothing. I've asked around on other sites but either they're too busy or some actually want to be paid.

If you're interested, send me a PM. If you're not, then don't worry about it. I just wanted to ask. :)
  • Options
    xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Hello, fellow simmers!

The first episode of my series, Murder Valley Sims is now up!

OOOOOH. Go read and comment/share.

https**//murdervalleysims*wordpress*com

ENJOY!
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi people! I'm really tired and swamped with schoolwork, but at least I managed to get the next chapter of The Fey of Life ready! I had to do something not school-related or I would have gone crazy with too much studying. So there we are.

It was a summer of anticipation and a bit of fear, but there was happiness in it as well.
    screenshot-56.jpg?w=676

Also, if you missed the announcement about me having rewritten Chapter 14, then you can find the link to that too below:
    Chapter 14: Breadcrumbs
    Chapter 15: Hunter

Have a good day everyone!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 and @IvoryButterfly Hello to the both of you! ^-^ Welcome! Hopefully things work out!
    @Lckygrl1975 Hello! *hugs* Hopefully the weather gets a little nicer...
    @JLBDreamer Congratulations on becoming a member!!!!! ^-^ Also, lovely sims!
    @thesealofthesims I'm not very good at drawing or anything (*Sigh*). But, I do have some RL friends who are good at art, if you'd like me to ask them?
    @RipuAncestor I know that feel. Lucky me, all my classes are playing nice at the moment and giving me very little homework. :3
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Hope you've all had a great start to your week.

@JLBDreamer : I think it would be fine for you to pick up where you left out in your challenge. Just make up a work around story or something that says what the household has been up to during the interval, like I do when I haven't visited a family for awhile or when I have to salvage stories due to computer issues. Maybe have them go on a big family vacation or something. Maybe have the kids that were still in the house pursuing their careers or something like that. Am sure you'll come up with something.

@Everyone

Here are the cameo shoutouts for my latest update: @Simslover163 and his friend Adin, @Spottydog714 , and Baato Slave (@Julyvee94’s Sim)

New and/or update Playtime with Silver albums:

@Rorygilmore34 2nd album: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/cadet-rorys-spotlight/

@JoieWilder : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/joie-wilder/
    https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/joie-journals/ (spotlight)

@Julyvee94 : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/officer-july-vee/

@mastressalita : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/mastress-alita/

@aroseinbloom: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/sarah-brandt/ (cameos)
    https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/sarahs-stardom/ (spotlight)

@friendsfan367: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/tamara-padgett/ (cameos)
    https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/touting-tamara/ (spotlight)

@KitDragonFlight: cameos: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/kit-dragonflight-cameos/

https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/kit-kore/

@Ra2rei: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/rae-bites/

@CathyTea: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/cameo-cathy/

@Penguinwa101: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/category/penguinwa101/

@Meggles: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/megg-gs-memories/

@CitizenErased14: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/alexander-rosebrook/
    https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/citizen-clips/ (cameos)

@Sabreene: New post: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/sabrine-seconds/

@kittycatcali : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/s-neko-snaps/

@pronterus: https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/karlo-de-leon-klips/

@simlady36 : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/05/catherine-henry/
  • Options
    So, a little off topic, but... I just wanted to share this with you guys, in case you needed it. I don't normally promote my own threads, but I felt like this one helps a lot. To keep this thread (and many other positive ones) happy, I created this thread a long time ago that allows people to simply vent about something that's bugging them. I hope that you guys can use this thread and that it helps. :)

Now that that's out there, just wanted to say hello! Hope you're having a good day/night! ^-^
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    HELLO @everyone

I found my WordPress password, so whoever would like to view my latest chapter via WordPress, please head on over :D

Ok, back to writing... have a great evening all
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Jonathan and Juliette head down to Sky High Cafe in search of answers. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-95-whats-going-on/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Hi,

Does anyone know if the "Build Newcrest Challenge" have its own thread or is it considered one of those "Rebuild A City" Challenges?
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @JLBDreamer : Most folks that I know that are doing the Build Newcrest Challenge are using these rules (or slight modifications thereof).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges