Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Okay so I've finally solidified the 2 story ideas I have for Sims 4. I'm just ironing out the details, brainstorming and figuring out various aspects of how to proceed.

leanna-park2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    I'll be doing a Randomacy staring this Sim, Leanna Park. Is will have a paranormal flavor but I will be revealing more later as it develops. I found a bunch of Korean things in CC and it finally got me over the inspiration hump! Yay!

hanna-minton1.png?ssl=1&w=450
    I'm also going to be doing a Build Newcrest style Legacy with this Sim, Hanna Minton. This will have a bit of a Sci-Fi Flavor.

I'm still hashing things out but hopefully I'll have them both going in the next couple of weeks or so.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @JLBDreamer Awesome! ^-^ I like the second girl's hair (and I'd ask for it, but I don't have sims 4...), and the first girl looks pretty!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 Thanks. I love how they both turned out. I love creating Sims so I'm glad you like them. I'll have some sims 3 stories too.

I'm pressed for time this week so I'll mostly be testing files, creating Sims etc but I'll post things as they progress. I want to at least get files set up and get used to the photo and posing in Sims 4 since I'm new to it. On Sims 3 once I know what i can rescue I'll move stories to the new blog and make forum posts to the sims 3 files I'm continuing.
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all having a great day!

@JLBDreamer : Love your new Sims and look forward to seeing your new blogs and stories. If you can find time, I'd love to have a Simself version of yourself to put in my game. Many of us do collaboration stories as well where we include many Simselves. I make shout outs to all those who appear in my stories as guest stars and/or cameos. I've also started visiting each Simself household in my game and creating special cameo and 'day in the spotlight' albums with photos of what happened during my visits. These albums are posted on one of my newest blogs, Silver'sPlaytimewith Friends

Here are tonight's shout outs for the guest stars of Quincy Lim's update: @CitizenErased14 (Alexander’s creator), @Derubelle, @Jes2G, @aroseinbloom, @CathyTea, @ra3rei, @Simslover163 (Shadow & Lance), @Sabreene, and @Rorygilmore34.

There's also a special surprise for @sabreene , @BBQPenguinWings, @Penguinwa101, and @SummerFalls.

Also added some more Simselfs to https://silverssimselfscroll.wordpress.com/ and they include @Meggles, @lovesstorms , @friendsfan367 , @KitDragonFlight, and @RebornMonster.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    kittycatcalikittycatcali Posts: 449 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey @everyone. I have two new chapters for my legacy out today if anyone's interested in reading them. :)

Chapter%201_zpspkuynqpp.jpg
    Chapter%202_zpslcbmqf4w.jpg
    Post edited by kittycatcali on
    2m44pk0.jpg
    Lost Legacy / Prompted

"When it comes to the torment and the people who inflicted it, we've all got an elephant's memory."
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

It's Aria's birthday! Check out her new look! Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/aria-2-0/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    Well, things are getting better! My dad's got a job :D AND we got a puppy! (We've wanted one ever since were forced to give up our last pup, 15 years ago. That was slightly traumatic.) And it's a 8 or 10 week old pitbull pup with incredibly soft ears and the most innocent look on his face. We named him Hoover /^•^/
    The housing situation isn't fixed but I have a feeling it will be soon. (I highly doubt God would give us a dog and dad a job, only to take it away in a month or so)
    Soo yeah.
    You're too late.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I find the interface on how to upload Sims to the Gallery confusing. How do I tell which my Sims files in the Game folder impossible to decipher. They seriously need to improve this.

Also, how do I link this from the Gallery in the game window or is there a web address.

Anyone have tutorials that will explain it?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hey guys! So, I've got another Pets Rescue chapter up!
    1.03: Hailey
    Call me crazy, but…
    Okay, so maybe I am a little crazy.

EDIT: Forgot to add that it was uploaded yesterday...
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hosting a special update for my story tonight in which another episode would be published on the day after.

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
    lou28bN.gif

Will only happen twice tho.
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Man, I have barely been able to get out of bed at all for quite a few days now due to my weakened immune system's weak struggle to fight off two infections at once. I have been feeling so sick and have gone like nowhere this past week. I managed to play Sims briefly and I broke my "four children only" rule with Pandu and Hina and Hina ended up getting pregnant two more times, once with their young and beautiful little daughter Liod and then again with their now Child-age son Shalim. Their oldest child, daughter Vinata, has aged up to be an extremely beautiful teenage girl and I love her so much, but I will admit, I am deeply in love with little Liod, always on the move and very smart too. Liod is a Teutonic goddess and Shalim is a Canaanite god.
  • Options
    @FayeShinomori I am jbfairy on a new account. Sorry to hear you are so sick right now. At least Sims is something we can do sitting down so it can amuse for a bit when sick.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

@EmmaBarbie, Congrats on getting your new puppy and I am sure that the Lord will work everything out for you in regards to your home.

Here are tonight's shout outs for the latest Hoosier Highlanders update:

@Julyvee94’s Baato, @dreamerz13 , @zbern12, @Munterbacon, @Meggles, @Sabrine, @Simslady36, @Marialein, @Simslover163, and @CitizenErased14's Sim Alexander.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/hoosier-highlanders-generation-1-hoosier-novelist-5/

There's also a new update for @RebornMonster's household on silversplaytimewithfriends :

https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/home-of-the-reborn/

Have a great night!
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    Third chapter almost written!!!
    Just settled down with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea with a lovely breeze coming inside the house and all my chores are done!

I might have this chapter out later today or tomorrow!
    How exciting!

How is everyone going?

Stay Safe and feel better to anyone who needs it *HUGS*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    Good morning!

Jonathan and Skyla crash at Janessa’s house, and Skyla suggests their next move. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-96-family-support/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Good morning!

Jonathan and Skyla crash at Janessa’s house, and Skyla suggests their next move. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-96-family-support/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited February 2016
    @JLBDreamer I don't know of any tutorials... You can go to the web gallery and get links there to share here. It's a disjointed experience I'll say though. You must be logged in there to see stuff and I feel like the searching and filtering works different than it does on the game version of the gallery.

To upload sims to the gallery you do that from the gallery in the game. I agree the sims files in the game folder (like the save files in the game folder) are just random numbers and mean nothing. There's probably a way to figure out who is who and share them another way, (probably taking all of them out and looking to see who's left) - but I don't think there's an easier way than through the gallery in game.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @raei I finally got it and the mods I installed to work last night so yay!

On that note I'll share with you all what I've now completed on setting up on sims 4 file for playing the Random Legacy and the story to go with it.

02-12-16_82023am.png?ssl=1&w=450
    These are the Parks that I designed as Korean Sims and that ultimately gave me the idea and the theme for the legacy.

leanna-park2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    The daughter Leanna will be the founder. I intend to move the parents out once I've decorated before I start playing. I rolled couple w/help so I'll be having her brother stay in the house with her at least for now.

screen-shot-2016-02-12-at-8-03-13-am.png?ssl=1&w=450
    I also created this guy for the story Haneul Cho. I'm not saying what his role in the story is yet though.

I put her in the starting town with other sims so there won't be a shortage of spouses too often I imagine though I might add in possible spouses at times. I thought it might be fun to play a legacy for once with the Goths in the town I'm playing. lol.

02-12-16_81026am.png?ssl=1&w=450
    I found this beautiful asian themed house in the gallery but I have to furnish it. Its really pretty and will work so well for my story.

02-12-16_81753am.png?ssl=1&w=450

Well here's a bonus shot when I was testing Sims 4 Camera Mode to see which I want to use. I definitely like sims 3 camera better so I think I'll enable that.

That's it for now!

• Options
    @JLBDreamer Awesome! Love the looks of the house. :)
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 Thanks! I only have to modify it a bit for my purposes which is great. I never would be able to make the roof shapes needed for this style of architecture.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Oh, it's not fair!! I got my male sim pregnant with an alien baby and when he's about to give birth, I get a script error (to do with Woohooer) and the baby is gone!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, I have Instant Baby and was able to get a baby with an alien (probably the same one that imoregnanted my sim in the first place). So now I have my alien baby, even if it isn't exactly the one I was going to get :)
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    I find the interface on how to upload Sims to the Gallery confusing. How do I tell which my Sims files in the Game folder impossible to decipher. They seriously need to improve this.

Also, how do I link this from the Gallery in the game window or is there a web address.

Anyone have tutorials that will explain it?

http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/2014/09/tutorial-using-sims-4-gallery.html

This one is alright if you don't mind text tutorials. Honestly I'm not very good at using it myself. I feel that the new sims4 gallery isn't very user friendly :unamused: ... but, at least you don't have to exit the game to add new items I guess. :yum:

For sharing the link for the stuff you've uploaded to the gallery with people the method I usually use is loading the gallery outside the game (the webpage). I search my own EA ID in the gallery and cilck the thing I want to share. Then I click the share to twitter button and copy the link that is provided in the suggested post in the next page. That is the best way I've found to find a link to things I've uploaded to share them. I'm sure there's a less convoluted way (or at least there AUGHT to be a less convoluted way) but I have yet to find it if it exists. :disappointed:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a great day and just stopping by with some shoutouts and other info.

Here are the shout outs for today's update with Anthony: @RebornMonster, @Munterbacon, @Julyvee94, @Simlady36, @Rorygilmore34, @CathyTea, @mastressalita , @ra3rei , @ThePlumbob, @Meggles, @Sabreene, @Simslover163.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/scis-crime-division-generation-one-crime-buster-4/

New additions to my game include: @MadameLee, @Rinellie, and @eXokamikaze's Ninjapig's Sim. Welcome to my world of Simself cameos and Playtime with Friends.

Shout outs for Simself visit with the Baldwin family tonight and they include:

@Simslover163, @SummerFalls, @Rorygilmore34 , @Julyvee94, @RebornMonster, and @Sterretjeee.

https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/baldwin-household/

Enjoy!

• Options
    Good morning.

Jonathan and Skyla are trying to stay positive and stray away from thoughts that may pull them back into negativity. Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-97-crying-over-spilled-milk/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @EmmaBarbie Congratz on the new puppy! Here is a site with lots of free and accurate information on dog care and training your puppy. Dog Star Daily is a far better resource than many out there.

@RebornMonster Thanks! That helps a lot. I'm figuring stuff out still and it's so different than Sims 3 its a bit of a curve to get used to.