Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sue Pea's DNA Contact Thread (NEW! STAR ACRES 9 June)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello. :) I think you will need to set it to retail so as to operate the store. It won't run as a store if you set it as residential. You won't get the retail store window to manage the business. This is a link to a guide to running a business, just in case it may help
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/
  • Options
    MissCashmereMissCashmere Posts: 101 Member
    Wow it looks huge :o I imagined it much smaller, but it looks absolutely amazing. I especially love the colour of the wood you chose, and the green roof terrace <3 The furniture looks pretty promising as well, the gallery and exterior are lovely. I'm really really curious now to see it finished, I totally agree with @rosemow it sounds very intriguing.

And yes I do have the Perfect Patio Pack, so feel free to use what ever you want and think suits.
    For me it would be fine if you set it to retail, if the game doesn't deletes any objects; I remember it was not possible with Sims 3 to place certain objects on community lots. I don't really know if this is still an issue with Sims 4.

I just have one question, the living area looks really awesome and open, just like I wanted it to be, though will there be atleast one closed bedroom for a little privacy?
    We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we realized they were inside of us.
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    I just have one question, the living area looks really awesome and open, just like I wanted it to be, though will there be atleast one closed bedroom for a little privacy?
    I know it's hard to tell but there will be 3 closed bedrooms. I have been working on the master suite which has it's own bath and there will be two other bedrooms as you have requested and they will share a bath.

I hope you don't mind that it's huge (gosh, it really is :o ) I was envisioning a department store, and it just took on a life of it's own.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello. :) I think you will need to set it to retail so as to operate the store. It won't run as a store if you set it as residential. You won't get the retail store window to manage the business. This is a link to a guide to running a business, just in case it may help
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/

Thank you for the information and the link, Rose!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    f04cf703-5a1c-4a98-86c6-30035cf5d54d_zpsqctxjwtr.png
    @MissCashmere -- Maybe this will help -- Bedroom 2 is cut off in the picture but it has plenty of windows and a door to the balcony.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Ok brilliant, than everything is fine. I just saw the beds on the upper floor and was wondering if those are the only ones. And no I don't mind that it is huge, it looks so awesome!
    We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we realized they were inside of us.
  • Options
    Ok brilliant, than everything is fine. I just saw the beds on the upper floor and was wondering if those are the only ones. And no I don't mind that it is huge, it looks so awesome!
    Ok, I get it. The beds you saw are in the store. It's a furniture department :)
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    @MissCashmere -- checking in to see if you got the Spa Set. I'd love to include some of the Build/Buy objects in the Loft. Also, as I am playing this a few things are coming up with the whole retail/residential thing:
    1. I can't see a way to invite other Sims over to the space. If you want to plan a party because the space is retail it doesn't come up as an option for a destination. If you lock the doors it seems to be either everyone, one specific Sim, or just the household. So then, if you invite someone over, you probably have to set the lock for everyone and then random Sims can show up.
    2. No babies. My tester Sim family has a baby but it seems to be living at their home or in daycare when they go to the store. I have a feeling that your Sim needs to be home when she gives birth or at the hospital but I haven't checked that out yet.
    I haven't played the game with the space as residential. If you do, like Rose said, you will lose the store windows. But you can still mark things for sale and have a register.
    Let me know what you think. It's almost done (but I got carried away and used Spa items, so please let me know if I need to take them out!)
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    It is fine to me if it is a retail lot. I know that they need to have an other residential lot marked as home. I still find it much more comfortable to completely live on the retail store so they can work longer and harder :D . Sorry for the trouble and thank you for testing everything so properly, I am not really experienced in building myself.

I don't have the spa set yet but please feel free to use whatever item you may seem fit. I will probably get it in a couple of weeks anyways, the yoga stuff looks pretty interesting!

Have a wonderful weekend :)
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    What a great lot! It Truely looks like a retail space with loft!
  • Options
    @MissCashmere! Your build is finally ready!
    DL Cashmere's Department Store and Loft here
    cashmeres_zps6n3819g7.png

*IMPORTANT NOTE: There are currently 2 versions of Cashmere's on the Gallery. The link above is to the fixed version - I was sure I had everything done, then I uploaded the lot and to my dismay, noticed that there was wallpaper missing from much of the walls. That would not do so I fixed everything and made a couple of needed changes to the lot. I had playtested several times and while everything worked well, I must have missed the wallpaper because of in game lighting.

I have not had a chance to update all my photos of the lot so some of them will reflect the unfinished walls. Please forgive me and know that when you DL the lot all has been fixed.

Here's a few shots of the build:
    Rear Exterior:
    07-19-15_1201nbspPM_zpszm90xuqz.png
    07-19-15_1201nbspPM-2_zpspkbdrzlj.png
    Front Exterior:
    07-19-15_1230nbspPM_zpsl5aukcxp.png
    Store Windows:
    07-19-15_1213nbspPM-2_zpscdygxe5o.png
    Coffee Bar and Bakery:
    07-19-15_1216nbspPM_zpspvosxqdh.png

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The Book Store:
    1f81811a-62da-40c4-b5f0-0982e2dc688c_zpsrmnuohcm.png
    9879de9e-3a38-4cb9-8c00-c700185e145c_zpsziwuqdcv.png
    The Children's Section:
    07-18-15_953nbspAM_zps3ysmbhcx.png
    The Furniture Department:
    07-18-15_955nbspAM-2_zpsntougx2p.png
    Public Restrooms (these have been adjusted in the fixed version but I didn't take new pictures)
    07-18-15_954nbspAM-3_zps3whrrkzw.png
    07-18-15_954nbspAM_zpsxkvqvh6y.png

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Entry to the Penthouse:
    07-19-15_1204nbspPM_zpssfo2ubxn.png
    Open Concept Living Space:
    07-19-15_1205nbspPM-2_zpsatsgpsh6.png
    07-18-15_959nbspAM-2_zps71ruduug.png
    07-18-15_959nbspAM_zpslqfzjeq2.png

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The Master Bedroom
    07-19-15_618nbspPM_zpssbcz80cw.png
    07-19-15_616nbspPM-2_zpsx4c3woid.png
    07-19-15_617nbspPM-2_zpsvnthkhdl.png
    Child's Room
    07-19-15_618nbspPM-3_zpsscj1okte.png
    07-19-15_619nbspPM_zpsrgstrxnf.png
    Teen Girl's Room
    07-19-15_140nbspPM_zpsabvnpfoj.png
    07-19-15_139nbspPM_zpsyrby5i4v.png

Post edited by suepea on
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Master Bath
    07-18-15_1008nbspAM_zpsm7bxtft4.png
    Shared Bath
    07-19-15_1208nbspPM_zpsblfvjruc.png
    The Outdoor Space:
    07-18-15_949nbspAM_zpspgvykl2n.png
    And finally, the store at night:
    07-18-15_937nbspAM_zps6j2zxeh5.png

Post edited by suepea on
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    What a great lot! It Truely looks like a retail space with loft!

Thanks, T!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Cashmere's Department Store and Loft is very nice! :) It is a very detailed build! Each of the stores in the build are very nice! The furnishing of them to suit the type of store is very nice! Very nice exterior design of the build! It looks nice how you have used the windows. The water fountain feature look very nice along the edges of the building! Very nice furnishing of the loft living areas! The open plan living, dining and kitchen areas looks very nice! The bow themed dining chairs are very nice for sims to enjoy sitting on when eating their meals. The bedrooms are very nice! Very outdoors living and dining patio! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and dining outdoors at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine with very nice views! They will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Nice firepit area for the sims to enjoy sitting around the fire chatting and toasting food.
    Sims will enjoy running, visiting and shopping at the store! :)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    This is really well done @suepea . Is there CC in this build?
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    This is really well done @suepea . Is there CC in this build?

Thanks, @soocoolsim! No CC in any of my builds. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Wow it is finished and it looks like a real masterpiece :mrgreen: Thank you so very very much dear suepea!
    The retail-loft is absolutely amazing, much much better than I imagined it. So much love for detail in it, I love how the first floor really looks like a boutique with the worked in gallery its super nice. The second floor with the furniture department and the 'open' ground to the first floor looks genius. And the loft! It is just perfect <3 I think you find a very clever solution for the staircase and entrance! the large open kitchen and living is just how I love it, and I even got some planter box on the roof terrace. Thank you so much I absolutely love it, especially how much attention you payed to details. It is such a marvellous build! :).
  • Options
    @MissCashmere -- I am so pleased that you like the lot. Enjoy it -- it was my pleasure to build it for you.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    @MaiaTlovessims -- I am looking forward to building for you. I will be starting ASAP and will post WIP images here.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    Me, too! The Sims 4 Loft-Store looks super impressive. Though I'm more curious to see some Sims 3 builds of you again :p
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif