Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sue Pea's DNA Contact Thread (NEW! STAR ACRES 9 June)

Comments

• Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Airis was here B)
    I love your creativity and you´re a a source of inspiration to me. I always have something new to learn from you.

Oh, Airis, coming from you that means so much! I think your builds are brilliant and feel the same about you. <3
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    @rosemow --thank you, my dear, for your comments on my build. I am sorry I've been so quiet on the boards lately. I haven't had much time to do more than read posts without response! But I have been keeping up and as always, you are lovely and kind to so many here on the forums! Hope you are having a lovely day -- where I am it is rainy and dreary but at least the temperature is mild for the moment. I am off to shovel snow from my driveway very soon. Hugs to you!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Sue! It's gorgeous! I have been trying to rec it since 30 mins after you put it up! Darn buttons! It's been long enough, why haven't the powers that be fixed the buttons!

Airis, ditto on her inspiration pics! I want to know how she finds those! :p
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    I´m always learning from all my wonderful teammates, dear @romagi1. And you are one of my very first and best teachers ;)<3

SuePea, do you know that I have a thread as well? :p

• Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    Had to come back on to see where you had placed the baking station & kiln. Couldn't see where you had put it in the build itself. Now I realize that you have 2 china cupboards with a gorgeous pillar between them. Though I like it, think how you did the baking station looks better! hehe So will have to print out the pic so can remake it how you did it.

Right now, the house is placed, and am about to start packing up. Found out the baby bay is either human OR a merman. Definitely not a witch though. Have to get to toddler before I can which though. :)

And in game the landscaping that you have done is gorgeous!! Love the hills & valleys. Not much but just enough to keep the eye engaged, and looking around. Beautiful work! Oh and can I squee over the round fireplace in the study? Love it!!!

Ok.. will let you go. Got to do an experiment on another sim house for a friend, before I can get packing at the Mor household. I would like to move them in asap! hehe Will snap a few picks if you are interested. :D
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    Hey Suepea, I've been away for a while (shortly after you claimed my request, RL can have a very strange timing), so I only accepted your friendrequest but had no real time to keep track on the forum or post here. I wanted to catch up on this and say atleast 'hi'. Hope you are all well and could enjoy the beginning of spring!

cheers~
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    New Build for Heledriel!
    cover_lg_zpsc3h9ia5r.jpg
    DL Avondelle Salon and Spa
    More Images

Heledriel -- you have been so very patiently waiting for your Salon and I'm so excited to finally upload it and get to share it with you! Let's take a look at it. I hope I ticked off everything on your list.
    "I would love it to be even a bit more art nouveau/deco-ish (really fitting for the roaring twenties). It should look much more like an upper-class beauty salon than the deafault ones, where you can just relax, chitchat and get yourself a new makeover."

I designed Avondelle Salon and Spa to fit into Roaring Heights and I tried to fit the period style as well as Sims 3 would allow. Here are some shots of the exterior of the building which is placed on a 30 x 30 lot.
    Screenshot-540_zpspjhpnyhx.jpg
    Screenshot-544_zpssfplw9he.jpg
    Screenshot-515_zpstruy3pai.jpg
    Screenshot-539_zpshnbky9xa.jpg
    Your Sims will enter the building directly into the reception area with plenty of space to wait to be checked in for their appointments.
    Screenshot-528_zpsplp01shk.jpg
    Screenshot-527_zps5d7pwzy7.jpg
    Directly behind the reception area is the Avondelle Café.
    Screenshot-522_zpsfwqtoilr.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Screenshot-523_zpsyonz8hll.jpg
    Screenshot-547_zpsajixw0j4.jpg
    The main floor is where you will find your Makeover Studios, your Tatoo Studio and your Pet Care area. There is also a bathroom and stair and elevator access to the other floors.
    Screenshot-519_zpskomitoyp.jpg
    Screenshot-531_zpsgfojjpft.jpg
    Screenshot-521_zpscusf5s2a.jpg
    On the second floor you will find more bathrooms including shower rooms, a meditation/yoga studio, massage rooms and a mezzanine that overlooks the café and reception area.
    Screenshot-508_zpsdtjlyw8w.jpg
    Screenshot-512_zpskab7cdfu.jpg
    Screenshot-516_zpsz1nw1r0n.jpg
    Screenshot-514_zpsqlfoy9ef.jpg
    Screenshot-513_zps6jyaqr6g.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    The third floor is home to your Sim Stylist's Studio, the Manager's Office, Day Care and Lounge.
    Screenshot-503_zpsnhzvzm0z.jpg
    Screenshot-494_zpsdoyqootc.jpg
    Screenshot-501_zps1z3hbzpi.jpg
    Screenshot-500_zpsgvmzpccv.jpg
    Screenshot-495_zps5cuhsbpb.jpg
    Screenshot-497_zpsaam0pv3i.jpg
    Screenshot-498_zpssy3hbhne.jpg
    Screenshot-546_zps1fp9s4ft.jpg
    Screenshot-489_zpseg1per3d.jpg
    Screenshot-491_zps9bfi2i8m.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Last but not least are some floor plans so you can see how it all lays out:
    firstlevel_zpsejga5gfg.jpg
    secondlevel_zpsdft4ifpr.jpg
    thirdlevel_zpsqkv2ezsq.jpg

I don't know how I managed not to get a picture of it but there is a juice bar on the back patio and lots of outdoor seating on every level.

There are many more images on my photobucket -- link is on the first post.

I hope this build makes you and your Simmies happy. It was my pleasure to design and build it for your. Any comments or criticism are welcome. If there are any issues, please let me know so I can work on a fix. Huge hugs!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Avondelle Salon and Spa is very nice! :) It captures the Art Nouveau look so very well! It suits Roaring Heights so well! Very nice exterior design of the building! It looks so very nice! The roofing is very nice! Very nice front entrance to the salon! The flowers look pretty either sides of the front door. The upper balcony porches are very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the loungers and armchairs there, enjoying looking out at the nice views! The furnishing of the interior of the building looks so very nice! Very nice mooing work throughout the build! The reception area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the items on the shelving behind the front desk, and have placed mirrors there on the walls. Very nice texture of the front desk counter. The yellow flowers on the front desk are nice for sims to see when checking in to the salon. Very nice sitting and waiting area where sims can enjoy sitting on the seats having a chat and a rest. Very nice recolouring of the seating through the salon. . The sofa alcove is great! Very nice cafe area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools or at the tables there having a drink or a snack from the barista bar. The greenery along the upper level balcony area are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there eating and drinking. The menu board on the wall and the seviettes/condiments on the counter are nice touches there. The blue wall patterning looks very nice and create a very nice calming feel to the area. The daffodils on the table are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. The purple pattern on the walls of the tattoo area and the rainbow and bees wall pattern in the pet care area looks very nice. The mezzanine level over looking the cafe area is great! The black and white flooring in the bathroom looks nice and suits well the style of the build. Very nice green patterned recolouring of the curtains in the massage room. It looks very nice how you have furnished the yoga and meditation room. It looks nice how you have placed the yoga mats there, and the bamboo plant looks restful. Very nice upper level studio work area. Sims will enjoy sitting and sketching at the drafting table. The mannequins are nice touches there, Nice study area. They will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase,The wall pattern suits the art nouveau look . The daycare area is very nice! Kids will enjoy spending time there! They will have fun using the toy stove, playing with the toys or sitting on the poufee reading a book from the trees themed bookcase. The floral pattern on the wall looks pretty. The mobiles over the cots are nice for the little sims to look up and see whilst laying in the cots. Very nice lounge area! The pink colour scheme of the room is so very pretty! The TV and reading corner nooks are so nice ! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas there watching a TV program or enjoy sitting on the armchairs in the reading nook corner, enjoying reading a book. The floral pictures on the corner walls and the plant behind the TV are very nice touches in the room, and are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. The fish tank window looks nice there. Very nice patterning on the walls and floor rugs!
    It is a very nice and detailed build! :) The different areas of the interior, and the exterior design of the building, are so very nice!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, Rose! This build took me such a long time to complete. I struggled with it a bit in the beginning but once I got inspired it was so much fun to work on. It's also fun to play -- my Simmies seemed to like to hang out there. Now I am going to take a deep breath and hopefully build a room or two for your wonderful competition thread in TS4!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2015
    Wow it is really overwhelming beautiful. I'm sort of speechless, it is definitely much much more than I wished or hoped for.
    I absolutely love it, impossible for me to say what I like the most. Thank you for paying so much attention to detail, the diffenrent coloured and sort of themed rooms look fabolous, the soft colours you choose are really complementing for the whole spa vibe. I love to have two seperated makeover rooms, the pet area is lovely and day care looks so adorable (I like the idea so much! It looks even cuter than the nursery they have at home.) The design of the stylist studio is really cool, but I don't know if my simmies will have much time to work or rather enjoy the cozy lounge or all the terraces and balconies, they look marvellous! I already told you that I liked the idea of the massage area a lot, even more seeing them now.

I'm still impressed how you could fit so many incredible things into a what I would call pretty small lot, you are genius. And it really fits perfectly into roaring heights!

Thank you very very much dearest suepea <3 !

/edit
    I almost forgot, the name is really fitting and pretty lovely!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    @Heledriel -- I am so thrilled that you like the Salon! It was my pleasure to build it for you. Enjoy!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    OUTSTANDING !! WOW !! :)<3
  • Options
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    OUTSTANDING !! WOW !! :)<3

Thank you so much, Airis!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @GreenCats! Your Festival Lot for Barnacle Bay is finished! (I hope you don't mind that I am just editing this thread -- all the pictures are up so I didn't want to repost them. All the images are on my Photobucket )

Welcome to The Festival by the Bay aka Bay View Festival Lot! It is said that the Bay View Festival Lot was built on the remains of the first estate to ever be built in Barnacle Bay by the first settlers to the town. Relatives of the wealthy Goldbeard family, they set foot on the Beach of Barnacle Bay and immediately claimed land and began to build their empire. When it was time to upgrade to a more modern age, the family moved to their current location at 438 Tidal Terrace and left the old house to fall apart and rot. A clever and industrious developer grabbed the site of the old house for a song and thus the Bay View Festival Lot was born.

The Summer Fest:

welcome_zpsngyb8aeu.jpg
    Screenshot-564_zpsvnxxzm6n.jpg
    Screenshot-578_zpsogo4dbkf.jpg
    Screenshot-565_zpsdhn7hue8.jpg
    Screenshot-566_zpsw7ub33kc.jpg
    Screenshot-567_zps500cxfz9.jpg
    Screenshot-571_zpsiaqsjdqw.jpg
    Screenshot-568_zpspxcpvtv3.jpg
    Screenshot-572_zpspfuxq2tg.jpg
    Screenshot-574_zpst6viyz3y.jpg

Post edited by suepea on
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Bayview Festival Lot looks so very nice! :) Very nice layout of the build! There are lots of fun activities for sims of all ages to do at the festival lot! It is nice that you have a raised deck carousel area for sims to have fun riding the carousel. The balloons are very nice touches either sides of the steps there, and the flowers and plants look very nice how you have placed them around the edges of the deck. Child Sims will have fun riding the spring riders! Very nice stage area! Sims will enjoy coming there to watch performances on the stage. It looks nice how you have set up the seating there for sims to come and sit and rest on as they enjoy watching the acts, and it looks nice how you have an archway entrance to the area. It looks pretty how you have the table tennis table under a gazebo. Sims will enjoy purchasing food from the food stands or getting a snow cone to enjoy eating at the picnic table in the sunshine. It looks very nice how you have set up the middle area with the chess tables on the edges of the courtyard area and the water fountain in the middle! It is a nice central feature in the lot. The lily pad pond is very nice! It is nice that you have seat bench sitting areas in the lot for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing, and watching other sims and the activities that are taking place, in the nice setting. Very nice exterior of bathroom building! The flag and wheel on the exterior suits the location of the build.
    The build looks very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow! It's been a very fun lot to build and play.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    Oh wow this is looking amazing!!!! I'm so excited :):):)

It looks like there are so many fun things to do, which is exactly what I wanted, and of course it's completely gorgeous too! I all the nautical touches, and also the little touches like the balloons that will make visiting here feel like a very special day out.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the other seasons.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    More WIP photos:

Welcome to Bay View Festival Lot in the Fall:
    Screenshot-590_zpsbkwslm5p.jpg
    Screenshot-597_zpsswxugkt5.jpg
    Screenshot-594_zps7ujcilik.jpg
    Screenshot-592_zpsokb7doon.jpg
    Screenshot-593_zpsbc9kxppl.jpg
    Screenshot-596_zpsw0ck9san.jpg
    Screenshot-600_zpsm8rmcbfv.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    And the winter:
    Screenshot-619_zpsxcxpe30i.jpg
    Screenshot-629_zpsvfphijqu.jpg
    Screenshot-630_zpserl2zdbk.jpg
    Screenshot-621_zpspd3bkigx.jpg
    Screenshot-622_zpskwqgz5xx.jpg
    Screenshot-623_zpsvyuwj65h.jpg
    Screenshot-613_zpsipnh78cy.jpg
    Screenshot-616_zpshol1jazg.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    The different new activities for Fall and Winter look very great! :) It is nice that sims will enjoy visiting the festival lot all through the year and have fun doing new activities! It is great that you have added the haunted house to the Fall festival, and the pumpkin themed decor and scarecrow looks great! Sims will enjoy ice skating on the rink in Wintertime! The snowman globe looks great on the lot! The venue looks very nice covered in snow!
    The venue looks very nice through each of the seasons! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, Rose! Sending hugs and hope you are well. My lot should be up on the Exchange this weekend! Can't wait to get it done for @GreenCats!
    h2xmsbl]