Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testing MOO - Updated 10/21/16

Comments

• Options
    SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    Thanks @BryonyRae that's worked! Cheers :)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Placing gates with bb.moveobjects on can cause graphical corruption. If you hover a gate anywhere near fencing, the fencing disappears or gets graphically corrupted and cannot be replaced. This condition will stick with a lot even if you exit to the menu and reload your save. The only way to clear the issue is to restart the game.
    gateskillfence_zps37sqlcbd.jpg
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Testing MOO - status as of 6/11/15 patch:

One issue has been resolved - "Placing gates with bb.moveobjects on can cause graphical corruption." Weird, as I just reported this, but they must've already had it on their list.

Other than that, the issues listed on our index (pg. 1) remain. The good news is that the additional stability we've gotten with MOO remains; I was able to testing placing my May MOO Test lot under a variety of circumstances and never lost any objects.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    @BryonyRae, Thanks so much for your continued dedication.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    You're welcome @treece01! Sorry there wasn't that much to report this time. :/
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I wanted to let you know that I've found a workaround for the MOO issue where objects drop to the ground when placed outside of a room. It involves using a technique that I call basement spaces:

basementspaces_zpsrbwqayio.jpg

Utilizing basement spaces in conjunction with bb.moveobjects enables builders to embed objects in the ground as well as height elevate objects anywhere on a lot (and the objects will not drop to the ground). The objects are routable too! I go over the technique in detail in my video here, but if you're unable to watch it, I'll try to walk you through the steps via text below.
    1. Type CTRL+SHIFT+C to bring up the console and type bb.moveobjects on in order to be able to freely place objects.
    2. Decide what type of effect you are trying to achieve. For instance, in my video, I use a glass top table as flooring, place an enlarged goblin head poking up through the ground, and set up fence post lights,
    3. If you are going to enlarge your object, I recommend doing so above ground, so that you can get a general idea of the amount of space it will take up and how tall it will be (SHIFT+] to enlarge, SHIFT+[ to shrink from an enlarged state).
    4. Optionally create a basement wall or wall(s) to act as a guideline for object positioning. This isn't necessary, but it's very helpful to shorten the time it takes to get the object exactly where you want it. If you are concerned about the cost of walls, I recommend drawing your guide wall one tile away from where you will place your object, so that you can later delete the wall without losing the object (objects placed by/near walls often get deleted with the wall).
    5. Drop down to your basement level and press G to turn grid lines on if they are not already on. Grid lines <strong>must</strong> be on.
    6. Using the guideline wall you built (or not), place your object where you think it should go. Note that if you enlarged an object a great deal, you may want to consider dropping to the lowest basement level for placement.
    7. If you need to height adjust it upward (necessary in most cases), draw a room around it and press CTRL+9 repeatedly to raise the object by a small amount for each press(CTRL+0 lowers it back down). This part is largely trial and error, although you can use the top of the basement guideline wall as an indicator for where your object will break ground above.
    8. Bump up to ground level to see where your object broke through and if it is at the height you wanted. If not, bump back down and change positioning/height as necessary. Note that height will be reset to the bottom in most cases when you pick up the object. This is a bit of a bummer. I typically cope with a tricky adjustment by counting the number of times I've bumped up the object's height. If I find I've raised it too high, then next time, I won't bump it up as many times, or vice versa if I need it higher. By keeping track of my count, I can get pretty exact with my placement. Place lighting in the basement room as necessary to brighten the object (you can also play with lighting colors for interesting effects).
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Two quick questions.
    @
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    I wanted to let you know that I've found a workaround for the MOO issue where objects drop to the ground when placed outside of a room. It involves using a technique that I call basement spaces:

basementspaces_zpsrbwqayio.jpg

Utilizing basement spaces in conjunction with bb.moveobjects enables builders to embed objects in the ground as well as height elevate objects anywhere on a lot (and the objects will not drop to the ground). The objects are routable too! I go over the technique in detail in my video here, but if you're unable to watch it, I'll try to walk you through the steps via text below.
    [/list]
    How high up can you place an object using this method? I tried it a bit but need some practice..lol. does it work on upper floors?
    (Thanks for the info!)

2.) I have this issue; not sure if it is a Moo issue or not but it seems like it might be and wondering if it can be fixed.
    Everything on this side of the wall is fine.
    19164455959_a1a994019c_z.jpgMoo Mess up by T Reece, on Flickr
    But some of the Moo'd plants turned black on the other side.
    19163000378_446be38c19_z.jpgMoo Mess up by T Reece, on Flickr
    IDK, might be my graphics card but my drivers are up to date. Ran game repair, tried taking the plants down and putting new ones up. Hoping it can be fixed, Maybe if I tear the wall down and redo everything?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @treece01 As far as I know, there are no limits to height elevation. You should be able to keep adjusting it upward to get it to look like it's on an upper floor. Let me know if that's not the case. And the plant going dark is not a graphics glitch. This happens quite commonly when you have an object placed far enough into a wall. I had to work with this on my Tru Log Cabin build - wound up having to use two sets of logs - one on the outside (that turned dark inside) and one on the inside that covered the dark logs from outside (and were in turn covered outside by those logs). Don't know if that trick would help you...

Editing this because there is a limit to the amount you can elevate an object.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • Options
    Thanks So much @BryonyRae!! I'll keep practicing and let you know if I have any problems. I was so confused with the plants since some were fine but others weren't. I'll try doubling them. Ugh! this love/hate thing with Moo is driving me crazy :# but I just can't stay away. lol. And sorry if this was addressed already...I lose track of posts/threads sometimes.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Testing Patch 7/9/15 Results:

Unfortunately, no MOO bugs or requests have been addressed with the new patch. :(

There is one new MOO related graphics glitch:
    • MOO'd windows off wall in the interior now have lighting effects and shadows that are not desirable:
      Room prior to placing a window inside it:
      room1_zpsmlnplrku.jpg
      Window 1:
      room2_zpsvjqsrtr9.jpg
      Window 2:
      room3_zpspitpwkbu.jpg
      Window 3:
      room4_zpsugu2nhkp.jpg
      While you can see the shadow pretty well in the screen shots, it's tough to see the additional lighting, but it is quite noticeable in game.

On the plus side, MOO is still as stable as it was prior to the patch, even with the new Manage Worlds - Place Lot option (which I was worried about).

If you find any new MOO oddities post patch, please report 'em here!
  • Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2015
    I am having a glitch with moo an my sim cooking! She keeps cooking in the middle of full counters over empty ones that have been placed using moo! It fixes if you replace with moo off but then she moves to other moo full cupboards instead! Dont want to remove all the clutter so have to deal with her preparing food underneath placed items

ri9s0l.jpg
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can place doors in the tallest half walls with MOO.

c344efaaf6.png
  • Options
    @Sorceress I have not been able to reproduce your issue. My sim is consistently choosing an empty counter, whether I place counters and clutter with MOO on or off. I wonder if there is something actually blocking the use of your empty counter. Perhaps another object's collision box, such as enlarged shelf, that sort of thing. Also, have you tried clearing your cache and repairing the game? I know it's the trite old recommendation, but it often does fix oddities.
  • Options
    That's good to know @EmmaVane, and I trust the sims are routing through them okay?
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    That's good to know @EmmaVane, and I trust the sims are routing through them okay?

BRB... Testing with my hungry sim-self... and a cupcake.
    bfbf9bd16e.png

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Sad simmie! :(

Oh, not the door... That worked...

de31026d0e.png

But the cupcake... That wasn't edible. :(

1c46f35b4c.png

• Options
    LOL @EmmaVane very amusing way to demonstrate the functionality. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Bryronyrae yes I have tried repairing the game I have tried shifting things! The microwave which she was cooking in was only fixed to stop her cooking in it when I replaced moo and there is tons of height above those cupboards to cook in and nothing is blocking her path to them at all as I see her walking through those areas all the time! Its not the first time I have had this problem with moo!

I even spoke to crincrit who said its an issue with moo and passed me the link here to read and post on if I need too! Sorry you couldn't replicate it but its a problem that is only fixed when you start the game without moo and replace the items! If I use moo then try to switch it off MOO won't switch off at all and things can still be placed in those areas on the cupboards at least its not so bad this time with her going to the bathroom to use clutter filled cupboards to cook on instead which by point was only fixed by shifting the fridge which I tried that this time too and it didn't work! Just saying

And I don't have any enlarged shelfs only thing I have is the regular everyday above cupboards that come with the game! I also don't have any MODs or CC installed

At least not that I can see and I even passed crincrit a copy of my saved folder for him to test! That was when he said it was a moo issue
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    @Sorceress do you have the lot you're playing available on the Gallery? If so, please provide me a link, and I'll try it in my game. If not, would you consider uploading it? Another approach we might take to tracking it down is for you to start from scratch with a new lot and then take me through your build process step by step (with just a kitchen area). Starting from scratch on another lot will make sure that it's nothing buggy in the lot you're currently using or in your save. Also, if I can get more detailed steps from you, I may be able to reproduce the issue in my game. I still think there may be an issue with your game itself if you are unable to toggle MOO off - I have never seen or heard of that before...
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yes I do have it on the gallery and will pass you the link! not sure if it will replicate but hopefully it will! and being unable to toggle moo off only happens on rare occassions this was after building the house and transfering it to a new game that I noticed this problem! Not the first time I have had it before but rarely get it maybe I will try repairing the game again! I just got issues from custom cc and removed all cache files to erase all trases of those items too! But will try repairing the game as well as I can't see how its an issue with my game as it doesn't occur that regulary but maybe that means it is an issue with my game but I switch moo off after using it in build mode (gameplay mode and it somehow just doesn't properly switch off!)

Though ever since I got GTW it has been doing this weird little update every time I log on to play the game! That wouldn't be part of the issue would it?? As it seems like GTW never fully installed itself and has been doing this ever since I installed GTW! its just like a very short quick GTW installation And I have reinstalled multiple times since and still get the issue so its not going to go away by reinstalling

http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/D765DF6426E511E5804628213A4FB0EF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Sorceress2696&max=25
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    And I always seem to get the unusual or not normal things lol not the first time and I am sure it won't be the last
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    @Sorceress I was able to duplicate the issue in your home and then again on my own elsewhere. It is triggered by placing the counters up intersected with those mirrors you have on the wall. Something about that particular MOO'ed arrangement is causing the game not to recognize the counter spaces as already filled with items. This doesn't entirely surprise me as the game can be very picky when objects are MOO'd with interactive objects. In order to avoid the issue, you'd have to get rid of the mirrors and then replace the counters and objects. Even with MOO on, placing them without the mirrors present doesn't cause the issue. I'll add this issue to our list, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does not get addressed since it doesn't actually break functionality and is more an issue of appearances.

I know that the updating thing you're getting with GTW is not normal, but I don't know much beyond that. I think @rosemow might know of a link that is helpful in sorting it out though. MOO should *always* switch off when you toggle it. If you continue to experience that issue even after repairing/reinstalling/etc., it would be very helpful if you took a short video showing you toggling it off in the console and then placing something in a way that should be prevented were it actually off.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @Sorceress.
    With your updating problem, try repairing GTW. To do that, click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game/stuff packs that you own. Right click GTW and click repair.
    If you still have issues, delete origin cache files.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

If the problem still persists, uninstall and reinstall origin.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Thanks @rosemow and thanks @BryoneyRae! I appreciate it! I have never tried placing more items just checked to see if the board is able to still be moved back to that area or not when MOO is off! Good to know and fair enough if it is not fixed but at least I now know what the issue is so I can avoid it in the future :) Thanks a ton to you both! but if it happens again with MOO I will video it for you :)
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    As of the 8/7/15 patch, none of our outstanding issues have been addressed. However, the good news is that bb.moveobjects remains as stable as before.

@SimGuruDrake while we are aware that "MOO" is not a high priority feature for fixes, we would really appreciate it if the team could take another look at the issues we have listed in the first post and maybe address at least a few of the biggest problems. For instance, the bug where adding/moving/deleting walls or applying paint styles causes objects to get deleted is a giant pain for builders, and it happens even when bb.moveobjects is turned off. Thank you!