Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tech Responders - Break Room

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Cale there are a number of graphical settings for this game.. it's designed for people who have a good DESKTOP and want better graphics then the console version. Please cale you need to understand that your laptop is simply not enough to run any new game. The people that play these games a gaming enthusiasts that have very good systems.
    I'm not even going to get the game until I upgrade my graphics card.. even though I sucseed the recommended specs. I know to really enjoy a game you need to spend money on a good pc.

They put out the GTA V pc version in 4k but they also have a new console version for people who don't have 4k. The PC version is meant to be played in 4k
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Cale there are a number of graphical settings for this game.. it's designed for people who have a good DESKTOP and want better graphics then the console version. Please cale you need to understand that your laptop is simply not enough to run any new game. The people that play these games a gaming enthusiasts that have very good systems.
    I'm not even going to get the game until I upgrade my graphics card.. even though I sucseed the recommended specs. I know to really enjoy a game you need to spend money on a good pc.

They put out the GTA V pc version in 4k but they also have a new console version for people who don't have 4k. The PC version is meant to be played in 4k
    No it's not meant to be played in 4k.. Lol that would alienate 90% of the people who do not have 4k monitors. But they made it so it can be played in 4k.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

No it's not meant to be played in 4k.. Lol that would alienate 90% of the people who do not have 4k monitors. But they made it so it can be played in 4k.

I know people who don't have 4k can play it. Some people just have to play on PC regardless. Me, the only way I would want the PC version is if I could play it in 4k to get the full experience. I already have the old console version, its not a game that is that loved in this house that we feel the need to go out and get a newer console version. We dont have a computer that will play it in 4k but that is the only way I could justify re-buying this game is if I could play it in 4k
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I know people who don't have 4k can play it. Some people just have to play on PC regardless. Me, the only way I would want the PC version is if I could play it in 4k to get the full experience. I already have the old console version, its not a game that is that loved in this house that we feel the need to go out and get a newer console version. We dont have a computer that will play it in 4k but that is the only way I could justify re-buying this game is if I could play it in 4k
    Lol no game is worth buying twice. The pc version in non 4k still has a huge amount more graphical wise over the console versions. Everything looks better on the pc.. just got to have the horsepower to run it. Ok now I'm definitely going to bed now lol.. goodnight.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

Lol no game is worth buying twice. The pc version in non 4k still has a huge amount more graphical wise over the console versions. Everything looks better on the pc.. just got to have the horsepower to run it. Ok now I'm definitely going to bed now lol.. goodnight.

Sometimes games are worth re buying if they are remade. I love the new remake of resident evil and they added more game play. Graphics look better. If they remake final fantasy VII like they are supposed to that I will be buying. Good night have a great sleep :D
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    I'm going to get it on friday I know I shouldnt but I'll try it I don't have a PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 or Xbox One and have been waiting literally for over a year to play this game. If it refuses to play I'll just save it for when I have a proper pc. I know I shouldnt do it but I really really want to play this game.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    I played FIFA 15 Demo a bit ago and the CPU requirements are the exact same CPU as GTA V and the RAM 4GB it played just fine a little laggy at times.
    Requirements:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 or AMD Phenom X4 9750
    CPU Speed: Info
    RAM: 4 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
    Sound Card: Yes
    Free Disk Space: 15 GB

Compared to GTA V:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
    CPU Speed: Info
    RAM: 4 GB
    OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB / AMD Radeon HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
    Sound Card: Yes
    Free Disk Space: 65 GB
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Can the conversation about GTV 5 get moved to Pm thanks! i almost missed actually tech stuff :)
    crinrict wrote: »
    Just wanted to inform everyone that Origin In Game has temporarily been deactivated for Sims 4. They are trying to fix the issues in the meantime
    thanks
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Can the conversation about GTV 5 get moved to Pm thanks! i almost missed actually tech stuff :)
    crinrict wrote: »
    Just wanted to inform everyone that Origin In Game has temporarily been deactivated for Sims 4. They are trying to fix the issues in the meantime
    thanks

Good idea inviting chester and phoe to a PM
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited April 2015
    When I logged onto my Sims 3 this morning I got a new store patch. It did actually update my store patches too.

EDIT: When my game loaded I got a missing objects warning - so something has gone wrong and I'll track it down now. :'(

EDIT 2: I opened Downloads Dashboard. It seems about 20 or so items have become uninstalled - including at least one world. So I am trying to install them using the dashboard for now. But it is months since I made a new Sims 3 folder so maybe it is time for that now.

I just got another notification to do a store patch. It is for the last 2013 patch.

EDIT Again: It is all fixed - I ended up replacing my Sims 3 folder with a backup I made when I last made a new Sims 3 folder. I then added extras I have since downloaded or made and fixed a few issues I found around town. It all seems good now.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    How come almost every time I start Origin I get the message that it is updating? Doesn't cause any problems but its annoying.
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Hi, sorry that I'm disturbing here: but at least I'll find here all PC whizz together.
    I wanna only to advice, that there is something wrong with windows updates:
    http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/897813-latest-windows-update-corrupting-user-profile
    https://community.norton.com/en/forums/optional-update-kb2990214
    and in italian language:
    http://www.digital-forum.it/showthread.php?176470-Non-installate-la-KB2990214-su-Windows-7-e-8-(12-04-15)
    I have installed those updates on both Win 7 PC's and no one wanted to boot windows after rebooting. On this one I've at least got previous software configuration, for another one (my TS3 PC :'( ) it is for 3 hours in recreating re-image system. In italian topic I've read also, that many users have had to reinstall OS.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    cale2003 wrote: »
    How come almost every time I start Origin I get the message that it is updating? Doesn't cause any problems but its annoying.

There is a bug with origin, uninstall it, clean your registry with CC cleaner and then reinstall origin.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @phoebebebe13

Yes. I've had feedback from one person that Savvy Seller mats I put into one of my builds didn't show up when they downloaded it.

On investigation I discovered that deleting the files from DCBackup folder before loading lot onto the Exchange will cause this to happen.

I also discovered later that this is not the case.

@Crinrict has something on it in her blog.

I have also found that if you don't delete the files from DCBackup before loading to the Exchange the store content can attach to the file and the lot loaded to the Exchange will never show up in you studio or the Exchange until the store content has been unattached and DCBackup cleared.

The Exchange is a bit unpredictable.

I have also found that the items listed in the Items page on the Exchange may have been included in the build - or not. I've seen items I didn't include listed there and also items from venues don't show in that list.
  • Options
    I found crinricts blog page on the issue so hopefully it helps op. I dont download from the exchange at all so I have never encountered this issue. Thanks for the tips
  • Options
    I found crinricts blog page on the issue so hopefully it helps op. I dont download from the exchange at all so I have never encountered this issue. Thanks for the tips

I don't download stuff from the Exchange either so I have no idea what really happens.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »

I don't download stuff from the Exchange either so I have no idea what really happens.

People have told me at TSR that if you delete the DC Back up this causes this issue.These issues happen at TSR too not just the exchange.
  • Options

People have told me at TSR that if you delete the DC Back up this causes this issue.These issues happen at TSR too not just the exchange.

That was the first thing I learned. Then I discovered if you don't delete DCBackup the things can attach and that is why you upload successfully but it never shows. I've done it both ways and it doesn't seem to make any difference -provided it is store stuff.

If it is third party CC then it apparently has to be in DCBackup. But I don't have any 3rd party CC in my uploads.
  • Options

That was the first thing I learned. Then I discovered if you don't delete DCBackup the things can attach and that is why you upload successfully but it never shows. I've done it both ways and it doesn't seem to make any difference -provided it is store stuff.

If it is third party CC then it apparently has to be in DCBackup. But I don't have any 3rd party CC in my uploads.

I only have two 3rd party cc lots at tsr and I do list the links. I have one I think that has store items and the others are eps only. I dont have much 3rd party cc in my computer at all. When I uploaded them had not cleaned out my dc backup. I did clean out my DC backup after I uploaded the lots.
  • Options
    gave this person crinrict's links but not helping . They are still having issues with downloading from the exchange thanks

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830121/store-content-wont-show-up-in-exchange-lots#latest
  • Options
    gave this person crinrict's links but not helping . They are still having issues with downloading from the exchange thanks

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830121/store-content-wont-show-up-in-exchange-lots#latest

The only other suggestion I can think of is to get them to post in Creative Corner. Some of the people who post there have done lots of experiments on this and they have assured me the DCBackup files can be safely deleted. I tried it myself and found that if they are not deleted then things attach to lots and you get the problem of lots not appearing in the studio or on the Exchange. I have had that happen to me and fixed it by clearing the files (not ccmerged) from DCBackup and re-uploading.
  • Options
    @ceejay402
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/amd-reiterates-plans-to-introduce-new-radeon-r9-300-series-gpus-in-june/
    If that's true then there is a big price jump from 380 to 390. :o
    Looks like the 380X will be just Grenada (improved Hawaii) so not completely new.
    I guess we will know in June, but I also read somewhere that they will have a short supply after release.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi :)
    I supposed to have my birthday party today, but my only guests overslept... LOL... At least I got some wishes on facebook...
    But I have my birthday present that I bought myself, which is good. I bought a... something called "display cabinet" for my living room - gosh it looks lovely now! No more huge bags hidden behind the tv! It was like that for the last 3 years!
    I got into redecorating my living room. I got a dinind table (no space in kitchen so had to go into living room) it is lovely! And it was free!!!! I only paid for transport. The same with the display cabinet - got it for free, paid for mileage. Now if I got everybody to clean the house... "mission impossible" :D
    And now I am on a big sellout - I want to sell 2 tv's br-player and other things to buy bigger tv and a car (with a bit of savings) our car packed out about two months ago... got scrapped :(
  • Options
    Decrain wrote: »
    Hi :)
    I supposed to have my birthday party today, but my only guests overslept... LOL... At least I got some wishes on facebook...
    But I have my birthday present that I bought myself, which is good. I bought a... something called "display cabinet" for my living room - gosh it looks lovely now! No more huge bags hidden behind the tv! It was like that for the last 3 years!
    I got into redecorating my living room. I got a dinind table (no space in kitchen so had to go into living room) it is lovely! And it was free!!!! I only paid for transport. The same with the display cabinet - got it for free, paid for mileage. Now if I got everybody to clean the house... "mission impossible" :D
    And now I am on a big sellout - I want to sell 2 tv's br-player and other things to buy bigger tv and a car (with a bit of savings) our car packed out about two months ago... got scrapped :(

Happy Birthday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top