Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Content won't show up in Exchange Lots

Hello

I have recently reinstalled Sim 3 plus all its EPs/SPs (patched to 1.67.) and subsequent some Store Content.
I have no problem using the Store Content itself ingame. But if I donwload a Lot from the Exchange which is using any Store Content, it will not show up ingame but is instead replaced by some default item (as if I would not have the item in question). I do not have the problem with items from any EP or SP, they show up just properly. It works even fine on EA lots, like the 'Bistro as Usual' Set, if I place the lot everything is fine, as soon as any Lot from the Exchange is using the same items, they get replaced.
I do have the same problem with Sims.

I already tried to delete any Cache Files (in fact I deleted the whole 'The Sims 3' file in my documents), still no show.
I'm using Windows 7 and 'Run as Administrator' for Sims 3.

Any help, hint or idea would be appreciated. Thanks.
We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we realized they were inside of us.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If the lot is using store content you have to own that content before placing the lot or the game will replace what you don't own with default. Are you saying you own all the items that are in this lot and they are not showing up?
  • Options
    MissCashmereMissCashmere Posts: 101 Member
    Are you saying you own all the items that are in this lot and they are not showing up?

Yes, precisely.

I do own the Store Content and I can place/use it myself. But if I download a lot/house which is using this exact store content I already own (and have installed) e. g. a painting, the painting gets replaced by a default one when place the lot/house.
    So it 'acts' like I do not own the store content in question.
    We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we realized they were inside of us.
  • Options
    Please look at crinrict's blog on these issues. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/category/store

I was told the exchange is unpredictable this blog may help you
  • Options
    MissCashmereMissCashmere Posts: 101 Member
    Thank you for the link. But I couldn't find anything that would help me in my case.
    I do have the problem with all lots/sims from the exchange.
  • Options
    I posted in the tech thread and hopefully someone has an answer for you. I don't download from the exchange so not sure what the issue is.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    If you post in Creative Corner someone there might have some idea as they do lots of experiments to see what works and what doesn't. And they are mostly the people who load lots to the Exchange in the first place.

It may be something about your computer, the way the game is installed, what the Exchange does to lots when they are loaded, or downloaded, or something else entirely.