Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Outdoor Retreat builds here!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Your Three Bears House is great @KarilynMonroe2 :) Nice log seats sitting area in the front yard for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air having a chat. The paving on the front pathway looks nice. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. It looks great how you have placed the three beds for the bears in the bedroom with floor rugs in between them. The forest themed floor rugs look nice in the bathroom and kitchen. Nice dining area for the sims to enjoy eating their meals with the warmth of the fireplace there. The placement of the trees in the build looks great.
    Your Bears household will like staying there :)
  • Options
    The sims look like they enjoy spending time at your pub bar venue @fullspiral. :) The gnome and jackalope on the table under the tv look great there for the sims to see whilst watching tv.
  • Options
    I hope that everyone is enjoying exploring the different areas of Granite Falls, collecting insects, fishing and harvesting plants to make herbal mixtures. Happy vacationing! :)
  • Options
    Everyone is welcome to post their Outdoor Retreat builds here :) Or you may find a home here that you would like to download and have in your game :)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    @sarahewhy: these are all gorgeous builds, love them :)
  • Options
    Your three new Outdoor Retreat builds are very nice! :)
    Grand Lake Retreat is a very nice home for sims to enjoy staying in at Granite Falls. :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice covered over wraparound porch! The roofing is very nice, and it looks nice how you have placed the windows in the build. The rocks look nice how you have placed them around the base of the trees. It looks nice how you have done the pathway leading from the front to the back area of the build. Very nice back area of the home! It looks very nice how you have placed the rocks around the edges of the pool. Sims will have fun swimming there, or enjoy sitting poolside on the tree stumps in the sunshine. Nice campfire section for sims to enjoy sitting on the log themed seats around the fire roasting food and singing campfire songs. The bar and outdoors living area on the porch is very nice! It looks nice how you have set up the card tables there for sims to have fun playing games. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools and having a drink from the bar. They will enjoy sitting resting on the seat benches and warming up in front of the fire. The textures of the exterior looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! Nice indoors fireplace reading area. It looks nice how you have placed the armchairs and sofa there. Sims will enjoy chatting there, listening to the music from the grand piano being played and reading a book from the bookcase in front of the fire. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either side of the fireplace. Nice design of the kitchen and dining areas. The wooden flooring in the home is nice. It is nice that you have a bar counter there for sims to enjoy having a drink with their meals. The patterned floor rug looks nice under the dining table. It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets around the fridge. The wall tiling in the bathroom looks nice. It looks great how you have done the towels, candles and toiletries shelves alcove there! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. Nice corner arnchairs sitting and reading nook in the briwn wall pattern bedroom. It looks nice how you have placed the tree long seat at the base of the beds. The books on the bedside table in the double beds room is a nice touch. Very nice textures of the bedroom walks. The new type of beds look great in the bedrooms.
    Very nice exterior of Wright Cabin too! :) Very nice wraparound porch! Nice gardening area for sims to enjoy gardening using the plant boxes. Sims will have fun playing playing horseshoes, or enjoy painting in the sunshine on the easel. Very nice pool areas and campfire areas in all of the builds. Nice layout of the interior of the cabin. Nice tv watching nook area. The red and yellow coluours of the seating there look nice together. The textures of the interior walls looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the single beds in the bedroom. Sims will have fun playing card games on the table in the bedroom. It looks very nice how you have placed the trees, flowers and rocks in the outdoors areas,
    Glampground is very nice! :) Great layout of the build! It looks very nice how you have designed the home in the exterior shape of a tent! It looks great! Nice bedroom in the tent home. It looks nice how you have angled the floor rug there. It looks very nice how you have placed the candles on the walls! Nice armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy having a read of a book from the bookcase. Nice front patio area of the home. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq there and eating their meals in the outdoors air at the table looking out at the pool. The lights there look nice. Sims will have fun playing horseshoes. It looks great that you have a separate bathroom building.
    They are very nice homes for staying in :)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    @sarahewhy‌ , those houses are awesome. And I love those pools!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    sarahewhysarahewhy Posts: 131 Member
    Thanks @loubyloulou‌ and @joleaco . @rosemow‌ your comments are always so sweet and thoughtful. Thanks for putting this thread together. There are a lot of really awesome builds here!
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Great Builds everyone! very creative community!

So far I've build only 1 lot since Outdoor Retreat came out - was playing too much and didn't have time to build)) But I thought I can share my vacation cabin here too. In case somebody likes it and would like to download - it's in the gallery under "Riverside Cabin" name. Also my origin user name is white_lily_0206 if it would be hard to find it

The house is small - 30X20 - but it's cute and cozy. Perfect for a couple that just married and wants to spend a honeymoon together or a family with 2 kids. The lot also has tent on the backyard in case your sims bring their friend with them on vacation :)

Outside view:

156.jpg
    157.jpg
    158.jpg
    159.jpg
    160.jpg

Bathroom is outside - small but has all your sims need to keep their hygiene level up
    161.jpg
    162.jpg

Inside - 1st floor - kitchen with living room and fireplace
    163.jpg
    164.jpg
    165.jpg
    166.jpg

2nd floor - master bedroom and guest bedroom with 2 beds:

167.jpg
    168.jpg

Outside bathroom:
    169.jpg

Happy simming!
  • Options
    Riverside Cabin is very nice! @white_lily_1988 :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The texture of the exterior looks nice and very nice roofing! The flower box windows look pretty. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the fencing. The plants look nice how you have placed them along the edges of the fencing. Very nice covered over entry area to the home! It looks nice that you have placed pegs either sides of the front door. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the garden boxes. It looks nice how you have done the paved pathway from the front around to the outdoors bathroom. Nice sitting nook on the side deck. The hearts decor on the wall there is nice for sims to see when resting on the seat there enjoying the sunshine. Very nice back outdoors living patio! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq there and eating the meals at the picnic table in the outdoors air. They will have fun playing games on the card table there. The terrain paint you have used looks nice. Nice campfire area for sims to enjoy sitting around the fire on the log seats roasting food, singing songs and telling stories. It is great that you have a tent in the backyard and that you have placed a cooler there for if sims would like to have a drink or quick meal. Sims will have fun playing horseshoes. The exterior of the outdoors bathroom is nice. The hearts decor on the wall are nice for sims to see when playing horseshoes, and the pegs look great on the front exterior. It is nice that you have a raised step up to the entrance. The flowers look nice inside the bathroom on the towels shelves unit. . Nice tree stumps seats sitting nook area under the tree. Sims will enjoy sitting there listening to the music from the guitar being played. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan kitchen, living and dining areas looks very nice. The wooden flooring is nice. Nice design of the kitchen area. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the stove alcove looks great between the counters. The pink flowers in the corner are pretty for sims to enjoy seeing whilst preparing meals. The windows dining alcove is nice. It looks great that you have used the new seats there, and the condiments is a nice touch on the dining table top. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst dining there. The jackalope is cute on the table behind the sofa! Nice living room fireplace sitting area. It looks nice how you have angled the armchairs either sides of the fireplace. Sims will enjoy sitting there warming up in front of the fire having a talk and reading a book. The yellow flowers and rooster pictures and the hearts on the wall are nice and sunny sights for sims to see when sitting there. The bucket of items and the hot chocolate items on the shelf above the bookcases looks nice how you have placed them there. The candles look very nice on the window ledges! They are very nice for sims to see when sitting resting on the seats. The curtains look nice there. Very nice upstairs bedrooms. The pictures and hearts on the bedhead walll are nice for sims to see when in the bedroom. The coats shelf in the guest bedroom and the folded clothes on the dresser in the master bedroom looks homely. The purple flowers in the corner of the master bedroom is nice for sims to see when laying in bed. The floor rugs look nice on the floors in the bedrooms and outdoors bathroom.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    @white_lily_1998: too cute! Reminds me of a gingerbread cottage, lovely build :)
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member

So far I've build only 1 lot since Outdoor Retreat came out - was playing too much and didn't have time to build)) But I thought I can share my vacation cabin here too. In case somebody likes it and would like to download - it's in the gallery under "Riverside Cabin" name. Also my origin user name is white_lily_0206 if it would be hard to find it

The house is small - 30X20 - but it's cute and cozy. Perfect for a couple that just married and wants to spend a honeymoon together or a family with 2 kids. The lot also has tent on the backyard in case your sims bring their friend with them on vacation :)

Outside view:

156.jpg
    157.jpg
    158.jpg
    159.jpg
    160.jpg

Bathroom is outside - small but has all your sims need to keep their hygiene level up
    161.jpg
    162.jpg

Inside - 1st floor - kitchen with living room and fireplace
    163.jpg
    164.jpg
    165.jpg
    166.jpg

2nd floor - master bedroom and guest bedroom with 2 beds:

167.jpg
    168.jpg

Outside bathroom:
    169.jpg

Happy simming!

Cool! :D It looks like a great combination between rustic and modern. Great job! :)
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    @white_lily_1998, that is a very cute cottage. I would love to holiday there myself! I like how the bathroom is separate, very quaint.

I can't wait until we get seasons, it will be great seeing this little house with snow on the roof. So cozy.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hello Rose! This is such a nice idea! :D Such wonderful creations from everyone :) (*) (*) (*)

I would like to add my first cabin. It's called Shady Brook Cabin and can be found on the Gallery here
    It has 3br, 2ba and No CC. The main floor is open concept and there is a swim-able brook on both sides of the home. Three bedrooms, bath and playroom on the lower level.

More pictures can be found here

01-15-15_3-30nbspPM-3_zps8fae10eb.png
    01-15-15_3-30nbspPM-4_zps465be16d.png
    01-15-15_3-35nbspPM_zpsd8826b55.png
    01-15-15_3-35nbspPM-2_zps86f95d3b.png

Thanks for taking a look! :)
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member

Happy simming!

I really like this one. It's got the cute little outside bathroom. But I really love the tent on the site as well, reminds me of when I was a kid and used to camp out in the back yard. Very cute.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hello @WrathofCath :) I will repost here what I wrote on your showcase thread. Shady Brook Cabin is so very nice! The brooks on the sides of the home are so very nice! It looks very pretty! It looks very nice how you have placed the rocks and plants on the sides of the water, and through the outdoors areas. The exterior design of the cabin is very nice! It looks great how you have done the two flights of steps at the front of the house up to the front door main level of the home. Nice front porch. The textures that you have used for the exterior and interior walls look very nice. The roofing and dormers are very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the left and the right open shutter windows in the build. The back porch is a very nice place for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat bench there looking out at the outdoors views. They will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals outdoors in the air. Very nice campfire area near the brook! Sims will have fun sitting on the tree stump chairs around the campfire having a chat, singing and telling stories. They will also enjoy swimming in the pool. The stone texture of the lower level walls looks nice. It looks great how you have done the stairs down to the campfire area. Very nice furnishing and layout of the levels of the interior of the home! It looks a nice warm and homely place to stay in. The open plan living, dining and kitchen level looks very nice! The coat shelf is a nice homely touch on the wall beside the front door. It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and arnchairs near the fireplace, for sims to enjoy sitting there chatting to each other whilst warming up by the fire and watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. The type of floor rug that you placed there looks nice, and the green plants either side of the fireplace are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The type of and placement of the curtains through the home looks very nice! Very nice dining area! The yellow flowers on the dining table top are a sunny sight for sims to see when eating their meals. The standing clock, and the books, clock and teapot on the fireplace ledge are nice homely items there. The scenic picture on the fireplace wall and the way you have placed the lights either side of the picture creates a nice atmosphere for dining. The window side table with the items placed on and at the base of it looks great! The fire will keeps sims warm whilst dining. The bookcase nook corner is great! Sims will have fun playing games on the card table. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen counters. The eggs basket, fruit bowl, mugs rack, hot chocolate and hanging pans there are nice kitchen touches for sims to enjoy seeing whilst cooking meals. The stove type suits the type of home. Very nice lower level of the home! Great play area nook beside the staircase for the child sims! The art table and study desk areas looks very cute with the lady bug pictures on the wall and the lady bug floor rug there for the kids to see when doing art work and using the computer! It looks nice how you have enlarged the pictures. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The types of beds that you have used in the build suit the location of the home. It looks nice how you have placed the leaves and animal pictures on the bedhead wall in the girls bedroom, and the heart decor look pretty on the study desk wall for her to enjoy seeing whilst sitting at the desk using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. It looks great that you angled the dresser into the corner of the room. The jackalope toy on the dresser and the plane and car on the shelf in the boys bedroom look great! The sims will enjoy doing science experiments on the science table. Very nice master bedroom. The pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see whilst laying in bed. Nice arnchairs sitting and reading area.
    It is a very nice cabin home! :)
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited January 2015
    Rosemow asked me if I would share my little starter camp-style residence here but I do not recommend placement in Granite Falls! It was made for Oasis Springs on a 20x15 lot so you can camp all year! :p

Old Mesquite Campground
    Screenshots
    Gallery Link

Edit: (finished swapping stuff around with my Chicken Walker so I'm including it here too.)

Imperial Glampground - Granite Falls campground conversion of my Chicken Walker build.
    Screenshots
    Gallery Link
    Post edited by TheGreenLion on
  • Options
    Old Mesquite Campground is a great place for sims to enjoy camping outdoors @TheGreenLion :) Great layout of the build. The enlarged truck there looks great. Nice campfire area for sims to enjoy sitting near the fire roasting food and chatting. It looks nice that you have used two colours of the campfire seating and have a tree stump seat as well as the chairs. It is great that you have a tent there, and the cooler outside it will be great for sims to get drinks or a quick meal from. The camping food decor items look nice on the table outside the tent. Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill and eating their meals in the sunshine at the picnic table . Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes. Sims will enjoy doing woodworking on the woodwork table, painting on the easel or have fun playing horseshoes. The garden hose is a nice touch on the bathroom exterior wall. Nice texture of the interior walls in the bathroom.
    It is a great build with many facilities for enjoying living outdoors :)
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Thank you everyone! Wow so many comments - thank you!

@WRATHOFCATH - your house is Gorgeous - love it! I like how it looks like it has basement - very creative! ;)
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hi Rose and everyone! I haven't had much time to look through this thread yet but from what I have seen so far, there are some very creative builds here!

Dear Rose has invited me to post my cabin build so here goes:

e6877d10-f4ff-4fd7-b71b-3134f614391a_zpsf121affd-1.png
    01-24-15_11-42nbspAM_zps0b2d7504.png
    On the Gallery here
    And the forum here
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    suepea wrote: »
    Hi Rose and everyone! I haven't had much time to look through this thread yet but from what I have seen so far, there are some very creative builds here!

Dear Rose has invited me to post my cabin build so here goes:

e6877d10-f4ff-4fd7-b71b-3134f614391a_zpsf121affd-1.png
    01-24-15_11-42nbspAM_zps0b2d7504.png
    On the Gallery here
    And the forum here

Gorgeous build @suepea - did you use any cc? :)
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member

Gorgeous build @suepea - did you use any cc? :)

No CC but I did use the MOO cheat and the career unlock cheat as well. Thanks for reminding me, forgot to mention. Probably best to turn the bb.moveobjects on and the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement before DLing.

Thanks for the kind comment!

h2xmsbl]