Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    It's so small and yet so spacious! Simple proof of the fact that... size isn't everything :p I love what you did with the roof, with that line... not sure what to call it, but surely you know what I mean :D I'm loving the colours you chose inside and out, feels so fresh. And extra bonus points for the awesome name!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Love your beach house! Oh how I wish we had a Sunlit Tides type world!! Your beach house has such a great floor plan! Your use of the space is very well done and uses the space very efficiently! The space is also very thoughtfully decorated! Beautifully done Cath!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Your beach house is a lovely build, Cath! The exterior is attractive, and the interior is so detailed and pretty! Well done. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Hi Rye! Thank you for the very kind comments and for the Fave! How's your Mediterranean coming along? It was looking pretty Fabulous last time I checked in. :D

You're welcome! As for my Mediterranean build, I'm still working on it FULL FORCE, hehe! Since it's a large build (built in Arid Ridge), it may take me longer before I finish it. ;)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Spectacular build Cath, I love the beachy vibe! The architecture is beautiful, very reminiscent of a beach getaway. Your interior designing is lovely, very cozy and well laid out. Great job with your MOOing, love your use of shelving and the console table in the bathroom. :) Hope you and your family are doing well. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Your new beach house is lovely Cath! :D The exterior landscaping is great and I like the wrap-around porch, the interiors are fantastic and detailed! Another solid build for sure. :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Beautiful beach house, the porch really adds to the theme. Gorgeous interiors with lots of detail :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Beautiful houses! Love them all! You make the most charming builds!
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I have never seen a house that looks so..... perfect! The size, layout, decor, colors....everything is so perfect! I want to live there in RL! Thanks for sharing this Cath! :D
    Ed
    Thank you so much for the generous comment Ed! I have been lurking on your Neighborhood thread and hopefully sometime soon I will be able to add my beach themed neighborhood. It's a really cool thread! :D
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    It's so small and yet so spacious! Simple proof of the fact that... size isn't everything :p I love what you did with the roof, with that line... not sure what to call it, but surely you know what I mean :D I'm loving the colours you chose inside and out, feels so fresh. And extra bonus points for the awesome name!
    Lol, Cerry! :p Thank you for the lovely comments! About the roof, I had to add the very top part separately if I wanted to be able to see into the upstairs rooms. That's what created the line. I tried to hide it as much as possible with the roof edging. I hope somewhere down the line they include a patch that allows the roofs to go "invisible" when building cape style homes.
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    Love your beach house! Oh how I wish we had a Sunlit Tides type world!! Your beach house has such a great floor plan! Your use of the space is very well done and uses the space very efficiently! The space is also very thoughtfully decorated! Beautifully done Cath!!
    Thank you Tiki! I hope we get a summery type world sometime too! I initially thought about making a starter because of the tiny lot size. But I made the mistake of decorating it first to see how it would look. Once I finished, I couldn't bear to take out anything, lol! :p So now it's tiny, but kinda pricey. :D
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Your beach house is a lovely build, Cath! The exterior is attractive, and the interior is so detailed and pretty! Well done. :)
    Thank you Bry! It's another of those inspiration homes I never got around to building in S3. I have a Ton of those, lol! :p I'm finding it so much faster to build in S4. I'm still a poke, but no where near as slow as I was in sims 3, haha! I really do wish we had some terrain elevation though. Among a lot of other things, lol!
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Hi Rye! Thank you for the very kind comments and for the Fave! How's your Mediterranean coming along? It was looking pretty Fabulous last time I checked in. :D
    You're welcome! As for my Mediterranean build, I'm still working on it FULL FORCE, hehe! Since it's a large build (built in Arid Ridge), it may take me longer before I finish it. ;)
    I completely understand, Rye. I know once you've finished, it will be Gorgeous and I'm really looking forward to it! :D
    Spectacular build Cath, I love the beachy vibe! The architecture is beautiful, very reminiscent of a beach getaway. Your interior designing is lovely, very cozy and well laid out. Great job with your MOOing, love your use of shelving and the console table in the bathroom. :) Hope you and your family are doing well. :)
    Thank you for the very kind comments Chris! It was fun and kind of fast, because of how tiny it is. Your last few builds have been really Huge and Fabulous!
    We're all doing fine here, thank you Chris and I wish the same for your family and yourself. :) Just getting into that cabin fever mode, lol! This is when playing Sims really comes in handy, haha! :p
    Your new beach house is lovely Cath! :D The exterior landscaping is great and I like the wrap-around porch, the interiors are fantastic and detailed! Another solid build for sure. :)
    Thank you so much TGL! It's so nice to see you back and building again. I saw your techy neighborhood over on Ed's thread. It looks so Cool! I hope you and your family had lovely holidays! :D
    masajo wrote: »
    Beautiful beach house, the porch really adds to the theme. Gorgeous interiors with lots of detail :)
    Thank you Masajo! I seem to be on some kind beach-themed kick lately. Maybe it's wishful thinking since wear in the dead of winter now, lol! :p
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Beautiful houses! Love them all! You make the most charming builds!
    Thank you for the lovely compliment, Brenna! I love your Bear Cave! I could easily Hibernate there for the entire winter. So warm and cozy! :D

Shady Brook Cabin 3br, 2ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $138,346
    No CC

Gallery link

I just had to try out all the new stuff we got with Outdoor Retreat. ;) Too bad we didn't get some more types of loggy looking exteriors... Maybe a few more window choices, curtains, etc. Ah well... Ya takes what ya gets, I guess, lol :p And what is up with the pictures that get put on the Gallery? There are tons of trees Blocking the view of the house! :\ How annoying.

The picture of the house I used for inspiration was on a hilly lot. Obviously something we can't do in the game. So I tried to make it look a little less flat by adding a swimmable brook on both sides of the house. The cool thing is, you can put the pool edge right up against the walls of the home. :D I tried it out with my tester sim and she had no trouble swimming on either side. Plus I like how it looks like a little brook. :) Inside the main floor is open concept. The bedrooms are on the lower level along with a play area for the kiddies.

Front and side views:
    01-15-15_3-30nbspPM_zps2797db67.png
    01-15-15_3-30nbspPM-3_zps8fae10eb.png
    01-15-15_3-30nbspPM-4_zps465be16d.png
    Back view showing the largest part of the pool:
    01-15-15_3-31nbspPM_zps82a6ad40.png
    Overhead Views top on down:
    01-15-15_3-46nbspPM_zpsceec14ce.png
    01-15-15_3-47nbspPM_zps389e6a77.png
    01-15-15_3-48nbspPM_zps3e357b16.png
    Main floor:
    01-15-15_3-35nbspPM-2_zps86f95d3b.png
    01-15-15_3-35nbspPM_zpsd8826b55.png
    01-15-15_3-35nbspPM-4_zps500af616.png
    01-15-15_3-36nbspPM-2_zpsf22c21fc.png
    01-15-15_3-38nbspPM_zps32aebd16.png
    Play area at the bottom of the stairs:
    01-15-15_3-38nbspPM-2_zps913581cc.png
    01-15-15_3-39nbspPM-3_zps4514241b.png
    Girls and boys bedrooms:
    01-15-15_3-39nbspPM-5_zpsab639bc5.png
    01-15-15_3-40nbspPM_zpsd3870085.png
    01-15-15_3-41nbspPM-2_zpsafb5e7bd.png
    01-15-15_3-41nbspPM-3_zpsb8ddc6c6.png
    Downstairs bath:
    01-15-15_3-42nbspPM_zps64627ba2.png
    Master leading out to patio and "brook":
    01-15-15_3-43nbspPM-4_zpsf0333bae.png
    01-15-15_3-43nbspPM-3_zps8af47e29.png
    01-15-15_3-52nbspPM_zps4a76ca49.png
    01-15-15_3-48nbspPM-2_zps27025ee0.png
    And both sides of the brook with my tester having a swim:
    01-15-15_3-50nbspPM-2_zps4fa0a639.png
    01-15-15_3-51nbspPM-2_zps18c4c302.png

And there you have it! :) Hope you enjoyed and thanks for taking a look. :D

Good night!
    01-15-15_8-26nbspPM_zpsd2649e14.png

• Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Cath, I'm blown away with this one! The brook idea is one of the best ideas I've seen to date, it's brilliant! I love the raised cabin and all of the textures you've used, they blend together perfectly. I want to rent this cabin, I love it and I think it's time I make another nomination for the maxis tab! :) By the way...I hope that brook idea is up grabs! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You've motivated me to finish my cabin! Haha
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Shady Brook Cabin is so sweet, Cath. The idea of the brook is amazing, it just fits perfectly. Unfortunately, the pictures of the gallery are really bad. Hope that Maxis is going to fix the problem.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Shady Brook Cabin is so very nice! :) The brooks on the sides of the home are so very nice! It looks very pretty! It looks very nice how you have placed the rocks and plants on the sides of the water, and through the outdoors areas. The exterior design of the cabin is very nice! It looks great how you have done the two flights of steps at the front of the house up to the front door main level of the home. Nice front porch. The textures that you have used for the exterior and interior walls look very nice. The roofing and dormers are very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the left and the right open shutter windows in the build. The back porch is a very nice place for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat bench there looking out at the outdoors views. They will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals outdoors in the air. Very nice campfire area near the brook! Sims will have fun sitting on the tree stump chairs around the campfire having a chat, singing and telling stories. They will also enjoy swimming in the pool. The stone texture of the lower level walls looks nice. It looks great how you have done the stairs down to the campfire area. Very nice furnishing and layout of the levels of the interior of the home! It looks a nice warm and homely place to stay in. The open plan living, dining and kitchen level looks very nice! The coat shelf is a nice homely touch on the wall beside the front door. It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and arnchairs near the fireplace, for sims to enjoy sitting there chatting to each other whilst warming up by the fire and watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. The type of floor rug that you placed there looks nice, and the green plants either side of the fireplace are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The type of and placement of the curtains through the home looks very nice! Very nice dining area! The yellow flowers on the dining table top are a sunny sight for sims to see when eating their meals. The standing clock, and the books, clock and teapot on the fireplace ledge are nice homely items there. The scenic picture on the fireplace wall and the way you have placed the lights either side of the picture creates a nice atmosphere for dining. The window side table with the items placed on and at the base of it looks great! The fire will keeps sims warm whilst dining. The bookcase nook corner is great! Sims will have fun playing games on the card table. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen counters. The eggs basket, fruit bowl, mugs rack, hot chocolate and hanging pans there are nice kitchen touches for sims to enjoy seeing whilst cooking meals. The stove type suits the type of home. Very nice lower level of the home! Great play area nook beside the staircase for the child sims! The art table and study desk areas looks very cute with the lady bug pictures on the wall and the lady bug floor rug there for the kids to see when doing art work and using the computer! It looks nice how you have enlarged the pictures. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The types of beds that you have used in the build suit the location of the home. It looks nice how you have placed the leaves and animal pictures on the bedhead wall in the girls bedroom, and the heart decor look pretty on the study desk wall for her to enjoy seeing whilst sitting at the desk using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. It looks great that you angled the dresser into the corner of the room. The jackalope toy on the dresser and the plane and car on the shelf in the boys bedroom look great! The sims will enjoy doing science experiments on the science table. Very nice master bedroom. The pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see whilst laying in bed. Nice arnchairs sitting and reading area.
    It is a very nice cabin home! :)
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Cath -- it's brilliant! I love the creative landscaping and of course, the brook! How clever! The interiors are warm, inviting a perfect! What a wonderful build. I am off to DL and fave <3
    h2xmsbl]
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Wow, that's wonderful! The pool was a really great idea and it actually works (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) The interior is beautifully decorated, as always! Love it!

As for the gallery picture being stupid, try to place it on the most left lot in Granite Falls. I can't remember the name, but it's the one that doesn't have a cabin on it, just some camping ground. That's where I ended up saving my Outdoor Treat, since it was the only one that didn't have trees blocking my house in the picture :) You've already uploaded this lot, but it's just a heads up in case you want to make another outdoor retreat :D
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Cath dear you always amaze me with your wonderful work dear!! Fav'd for you!
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Awesome cabin Cath! That brook is great, such a cool idea and natural looking! Great shape and layout, the interiors are wonderful! :)
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Two beautiful new builds Cath :) Each very different but equally welcoming and with gorgeous decor. I be happy to call either of them home.
    Hugs Folly
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited January 2015
    Shady Brook Cabin is very charming and adorable! :D
    Like what everyone said, brook is really an amazing idea. I like the use of rustic stones from the bottom, while woods at the top. I also adore your landscaping, especially with your customized pond by covering it with some plants. And your interior, amazing! I love the use of wooden furniture, very cozy feel.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it. If not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! I love both your new uploads! <3<3 The beach house and the cabin both looks so charming! Love the architecture and roof! Your interiors are spot on! Stunning! Will be adding to my favourites when I open the game. Hopefully tomorrow or this weekend! *fingers crossed*
  • SketchSketch Posts: 428 Member
    Shady Brook Cabin is a great build! The lot looks very nice with how you stuck with theme. Very cool with what you did with the pond outside. The interiors are great too! Great work! :)
    Shj7guV.png
    @Chris2fer03, thank you so much for the Awesome comments, Chris! The brook is definitely up for grabs, lol! :p I Love that we can use the pool tool instead of just the pond one, to get the same results. I was psyched to see that sims can actually swim in the narrow, winding areas! I can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

@superbibi11, thank you for your very generous comments! I hope maxis comes up with a solution for better pics too. It's so disappointing to see the terrible upload pictures, for so many builds... We'll have to keep our fingers crossed. :)

@rosemow, thank you Rose! :D Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated! Thank you for the very lovely review! <3
    I would Love to add my build to your Outdoor Retreat thread! I will head over there in just a little bit to share. I just have a few things to take care of here first. RL loves to interfere, lol! Thank you Rose! :)<3<3

@suepea, thank you, Sue! I really appreciate your lovely comments and the DL and Fave! :)<3<3

@Cerrydd, thank you for both the wonderful comment and for the advice on future pics! :D I know exactly which lot you mean. I will absolutely try using that one for my next build, which is just about finished. Too bad I didn't check for the first home. Ah well. At least I know now! Thanks again, Cerry! :D

@BreeMiles, thank you for the very kind comments, my friend! :)<3<3

@TheGreenLion, thank you so much for the lovely comments! :D It was a nice surprise to see that sims will actually swim in the brook, even though it's kind of narrow and all winding. It's definitely a 2fer! :D

Hello @follyfoot! So nice to see you, Folly! :) Thank you for the wonderful comments! :D I hope the new year is starting out great for you! Hugs, :)<3<3

@RyeCris16, thank you Rye! The especially cool thing about the brook though, is that it's actually a pool! And your sims can swim in it too! :D Thank you again for the kind comments and faves Rye! :D

@yanti68, hello my friend! I hope things are getting better at home with your Mum and husband. I saw that your Mum will need surgery... I'm so sorry that both of you have to go through that. I hope everything works out well and I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you for the lovely comments, Yanti! I hope you find some time to get in game soon. I think you really deserve the distraction and fun break from RL. Hugs, <3<3

Hi @Sketch, very nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping in for a look and for the very lovely comment! Oh, and the cool thing about the brook is, it's not just a pond, it's a pool. And sims will actually swim in it! How cool is that! :)
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Life's a Beach and Shady Brook Cabin are both outstanding builds :D Bothe are unique in thier own way. Hope to see more fabolous builds from you soon :D

Btw: How does it going with your DNA request build, is it finished or are you still working? :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Shady Brook Cabin is a stunning design and blends in perfectly with the surroundings. Love your pond and gorgeous landscaping and the interiors are beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg