Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    PmlTry wrote: »
    If and when they do, I'll likely purchase the game -- if and when they make it for the Mac. But until then, I'm just going to have to chalk this up to EA either ignoring a significant portion of their customer base or scrambling from their discovery last year with the SC5 launch that there is a limit to what their customers will tolerate.

I'm actually trying very hard not to put words in people's mouths. My original question was "what improvements are there or legacy players?" That's what I was referring to.
    Yeah, a few people are disappointed they aren't releasing it for Mac right away. :disappointed:
    The reason it seemed like you were accusing people of saying something they weren't is that, as far as I can tell, we've all answered your question directly (read Pinstar's info, this what we know, etc.) but you brought up that we were saying it's an improvement to not have SP. It was a bit confusing is all. No big deal. :)
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Is slow-dancing in?!?! This should be a basic core feature! It will be absolutely disgusting if it's not in base game! I WILL make such a scene!

xQNoI.gif
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Is slow-dancing in?!?! This should be a basic core feature! It will be absolutely disgusting if it's not in base game! I WILL make such a scene!

intense.gif?w=500&h=228
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Maybe, or at least toddlers, but don't count on them doing that.
    I don't actually count on them doing anything since that can easily lead to disappointment. :p Seriously, though, I'm buying the game based on the idea that I think I'll like it as is, even if they never patch it or make an EP for it. But I suspect it will be at least as long-lasting as the previous games in the series.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    Bflury even includes things like aliens in his list, which where never confirmed to have even been intended to be included in the game.
    This might be an error, please post on the other list and ask. Someone there should tell you what's up. I remember No Vampires was an error and I took it out. This could be a similar thing...

The list is not intended to include things that were in Sims 4 and later removed. It was stuff that was in base games previously. If Alien's weren't in Sims 1 thru 3 without an expansion pack it should be removed.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    kitsunekyokokitsunekyoko Posts: 177 Member
    bflury wrote: »
    Bflury even includes things like aliens in his list, which where never confirmed to have even been intended to be included in the game.
    This might be an error, please post on the other list and ask. Someone there should tell you what's up. I remember No Vampires was an error and I took it out. This could be a similar thing...

The list is not intended to include things that were in Sims 4 and later removed. It was stuff that was in base games previously. If Alien's weren't in Sims 1 thru 3 without an expansion pack it should be removed.

Weren't aliens in base of sims 2 though? So they would count towards things in previous base games.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    Weren't aliens in base of sims 2 though? So they would count towards things in previous base games.
    That's what I am saying, I don't know for a fact. But the people on that other list should be able to back it up...

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    That's what I am saying, I don't know for a fact. But the people on that other list should be able to back it up...

Its not reasonable to me to be upset about them not being in the game when they weren't in the Sims 3 and as far as I can tell, EA never stated they would be in the game. Also you wrote something as if it was a quote from me, when I didn't technically write that. That's either sloppy or dishonest. Yes, there were aliens in the Sims 2 base game, but they weren't in any other base game, and EA never stated anywhere to my knowledge that aliens were going to be in the Sims 4. We had no good reason to assume they would be.

Its only reasonable to call it a "missing feature" in my mind, if its something that we had good reason to think would be in the game. The closest thing we had to confirmation that aliens would be in the game was that trailer with the Easter eggs. However, I don't think EA ever intended for those to be clues as to what was going to be in the Sims 4. People just read too much into that.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Also the only Sims game, in the main series, that probably didn't lack a significant number of features from any of the previous games, was probably the Sims 2, but that's only because there was only Sims 1 before it ( unless you count the utter failure that was the Sims online ) and the Sims 1 is incredibly simplistic compared to all the other Sims games. That's the one where you couldn't leave your home until the third expansion pack.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Tell me if you didn't know about any of these features before.

Yet another new Sims4 Gameplay video - a LOT of very interesting stuff! (German with translation)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771682/yet-another-new-sims4-gameplay-video-a-lot-of-very-interesting-stuff-german-with-translation#latest
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member

Tell me if you didn't know about any of these features before.

Yet another new Sims4 Gameplay video - a LOT of very interesting stuff! (German with translation)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771682/yet-another-new-sims4-gameplay-video-a-lot-of-very-interesting-stuff-german-with-translation#latest

Awesome stuff. I think tomorrow night I'm going to add more stuff to the list that people have been posting.

I said I was gonna do it tonight but I'm more lazy than I thought :p
  • Options
    HadassaXDHadassaXD Posts: 70 Member
    Oh! One thing they added in Create a Sims that I found very neat and didn't see in you list (sorry if you already posted and I missed it) is that the leggings are under accessories with the tights, it's awesome that our sims can wear leggings under skirts and shorts now! It may be a small detail but its a great addition for me, since I love wearing leggings under skirts.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Can we still eat and drink at the same time or were those renders and screenshots all staged?

*covers ears to avoid hearing the answer*
  • Options
    jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    I must have missed that one.. that sounds a bit dangerous :) new simdeath "death by choking"
  • Options
    Alright everyone, I'm probably going to finally get around to updating this list tonight, so keep them features rolling on in!

Also I'm going to add a new section to the list; features in Sims 4 that were in any previous Sims game! As someone pointed out earlier, why are we limiting ourselves to just "new" features? Don't people want to know everything that is in the game? By limiting our options of what's actually in the game compared to the list of "missing" features it makes it look like there is actually very little in the game.

"What?! Only 130 features in the game?! But there are over 80 missing!"

Yeah, things like that.

Let's try to keep the features somewhat major...like...let's try not to list each and every single possible interaction or list something like "toilets!" Those should go without saying ;)

But things like aging up Sims early with birthday cakes, stuff like that.
  • Options
    Okay, I think I've got everything updated until this point. Let me know if I missed anything. Also be sure to let me know if I didn't link your source or credit you with mentioning something that is on the list.

Also if you have any videos of the game in action feel free to post those, going to compile a list of videos so people can easily find videos of features found in Sims 4!
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    tumblr_inline_n9wf5p2ZQw1s254d8.gif
    Yay for an update!
  • Options
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    Yay for an update!

Darn right! Now sign my petition :p
  • Options
    CazualColeCazualCole Posts: 46 Member
    At least some people are not making a list of complete bull 🐸🐸🐸🐸...that was not even in the base game of TS3, I like that people are getting over the missing feature and are seeing a bright future ahead of us. Remember Sims 4 will support mods. Thanks for making this list of thing that are in the game :)
  • Options
    CazualCole wrote: »
    At least some people are not making a list of complete bull 🐸🐸🐸🐸...that was not even in the base game of TS3, I like that people are getting over the missing feature and are seeing a bright future ahead of us. Remember Sims 4 will support mods. Thanks for making this list of thing that are in the game :)

Yeah, as release day approaches I think we'll see less people complaining and more people getting excited.

When the game seems so far away all people want to do is dwell on what's not in the game. But as release day approaches well...that Sim bug starts biting them and all they can think is "New Sims game!"

September 2nd! Get excited!
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    CazualCole wrote: »

Yeah, as release day approaches I think we'll see less people complaining and more people getting excited.

When the game seems so far away all people want to do is dwell on what's not in the game. But as release day approaches well...that Sim bug starts biting them and all they can think is "New Sims game!"

September 2nd! Get excited!

Indeed!!

• Options
    CazualColeCazualCole Posts: 46 Member
    Can't wait to see what people create!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    Yay for an update!

@I_am_bean I posted that gif last night! THIEF!

j/k <3
    Post edited by Alizatina on
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    Hey, in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpZhpNrneGc

Rachel confirms adoption, not sure if you have that on the list already! :D
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png