Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    meggiewes wrote: »

There are still going to be regular flowers that you can purchase in build/buy and place on your lots like before.
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dude -- why did I just need moderation?

ETA: Ohhhhh. Because I included a link. Duh.

I don't know how long approval takes. What I SAID was:

Here's the sound stuff I misremembered.

- Acoustics. Sound will now have direction. Sims facing away from the camera will sound muffled.

- Voices have inflection based on emotional state.

All of that contributes to the half a million sound files that got a lot of woo-woo on Sims news for a while.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    meggiewes wrote: »

There are still going to be regular flowers that you can purchase in build/buy and place on your lots like before.

There are? Awesome. I was starting to wonder about that. Of course, being able to plant flowers might also have an unique option to challenge yourself with. Only decorate your lot with plantable flowers. Lol.
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just realized that the Fake Traffic simulation is not on the list and is back in the Sims 4!

It's in that one video I posted!
    Looks a heck of a lot better than the Sims 3! :smile:
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    OMG! Do you remember all the pilled up cars on the roads in TS3? I had to use Twallan's over watch mod just to run my game because of it!
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5452.0;attach=1878;image[\img]
  • Options
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    OMG! Do you remember all the pilled up cars on the roads in TS3? I had to use Twallan's over watch mod just to run my game because of it!
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5452.0;attach=1878;image[\img]

I once had like 50 taxis going to the Graveyard in Midnight Hallow, it OF COURSE happened when I was filming an LP, all my friends were all "Lulz, I guess they were all just REALLY excited to see the graveyard"
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    What! Didn't you know the Graveyard is a predefined Hot Spot by EA? Um, that's why all our night clubs were so empty.
  • Options
    What! Didn't you know the Graveyard is a predefined Hot Spot by EA? Um, that's why all our night clubs were so empty.

My Graveyards always be hoppin'!
    giphy.gif

200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    cannedcreamcannedcream Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Some neat stuff, but the amount of cut content makes me nervous.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    Some neat stuff, but the amount of cut content makes me nervous.

Ha. I see you changed your post rather quick :p
  • Options
    kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    Alizatina wrote: »

giphy.gif

With Zombie Bears!
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Sims is a new game...not an add on to the others so it is not "cutting features" that's what EP are for...

*I should have quoted your original post lol now I look like a lunatic. If you need me I'll be in my white, padded room wearing my special jacket*
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    The Sims is a new game...not an add on to the others so it is not "cutting features" that's what EP are for...

*I should have quoted your original post lol now I look like a lunatic. If you need me I'll be in my white, padded room wearing my special jacket*

Don't worry, I quoted it too but he apparently edited it too fast and the quote didn't take.

No worries, I saw what you saw. You're still crazy, but not as much as you previously thought.
  • Options
    @I_am_Bean

Wait, You mean all of us here don't always look like lunatics?
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options

giphy.gif

With Zombie Bears!

Okay, now that is officially my greatest nightmare!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    s320x240

ZOMBIE BEAR!
    anyone remember Claire the Bear from TS2?
    or Bigfoot! He got cut too! I hope they bring them both back, especially big foot
  • Options
    s320x240

ZOMBIE BEAR!
    or Bigfoot! He got cut too! I hope they bring them both back, especially big foot

That bear always creeped me out!

I always thought it was really a sim in a Giant bear suit obsessed with my honey!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    Woah Woah Woah!

Giant Fluffy Unicorn doll isn't on this list?!??!?!

That is like the greatest and my most anticipated new feature of the Sims 4
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    Woah Woah Woah!

Yes! :D Must have it!
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • Options
    Woah Woah Woah!

Yes! :D Must have it!

giphy.gif
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    s320x240

ZOMBIE BEAR!

Oh I have some giant nostalgia going on right about now! I remember the bear! And I really miss that spinning wheel in the background even though spinning wheels don't exactly work like that. (the seat is in the wrong place, but I only know that now because I have a spinning wheel and I can spin on it)
  • Options
    MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Almost 11 days until the sims 4 is released!
  • Options
    MALAiA46 wrote: »
    Almost 11 days until the sims 4 is released!

I can't wait to see more pictures and videos of the game play! :D
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    bluesingingrlbluesingingrl Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2014
    :s For heavens sake people, either you buy the game, or you don't. Until we play it, we can't critique it honestly, one way or the other. Yes, EA has ticked me off with "The Store", it's outrageously priced premium content, and the endless, overpriced Stuff Packs. But EA exists to make money, as all businesses do. Welcome to the real world. If it ticks you off because you feel TS4 doesn't live up to your expectations, don't buy it. Easy. All of the Sims games have added/removed features from previous generations. We'll never get a Sims game that satisfies every gamer. Never.

EA has decided to take the game in a direction that accentuates the actual Sims, their emotions, and how that impacts their success at life, not just their career track, but their whole life. I can understand how difficult it would be with coding, and trying to integrate toddlers into that coding without watering down the interactions of the other life stages.They made a choice based on overall gameplay.

Building. By adding the foundation at anytime-walls-at-different-heights-ect., they made building faster and easier for most players, but we are stuck with flat terrains and NO POOLS. Coding and choices.
    Art and atmosphere. The background art of TS4 is actually rendered in a more Monet style, giving lighting a more dynamic feel, and the foreground and background has more atmospheric perspective, adding depth. It's actually more realistic in a weird way. You either like it, or you don't. Again, choices.

Loading screens or an open world. Sims can now travel between worlds, while maintaining relationships within a saved game. Yes, this entails loading screens. However, if your Sim is in a world, and you want another family member to join you there, you can import that Sim to your location without a loading screen. Open world, or the ability to travel to between worlds within the same saved game. Choices.

Importing through the gallery or CASt. EA made the choice to enable importing Sims, houses and rooms directly into the game without having to close the game and reopen it. We lost CASt. But at the same time the ability to play the game on machines that aren't exactly gaming PC's is opened up, broadening the market base. Choices.

I could go on and on.

If you don't like the choices EA has made with TS4, don't buy it. None of us is qualified to judge the game on it's merits without first actually playing it. Therein lies the rub. If you buy it and don't like it, you may be stuck with it, although there is a 30 day money back guarantee, at least for the digital version.

Don't expect EA not to make money. Nothing is free, but you are free to buy, or not buy the game. Quit whining about something you aren't going to buy. If you think the Sims 2 and Sims 3 are better, there you go. Keep playing them. Problem solved. ;)
    Post edited by bluesingingrl on