Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yet another new Sims4 Gameplay video - a LOT of very interesting stuff! (German with translation)

VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
thanks to @MolliMontana for this who sent me the link :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkpcyiYcze4

Some "Translation" for the people who don't speak German (there are a couple of new features shown here)

0:00 Showing off the Park in Oasis Springs
0:45 Interaction with the pond: Go fishing, Catch frogs!
1:00 "Hidden" Mineshaft you can unlock with Handiness 10 - not so hidden after all ^^
1:21 Herbs (Sage) that can't be harvested since the Sim's gardening skill isn't high enough
1:29 You can dig up those mounds to find fossils (and probably gems, ores etc)
Talks about every neighbourhood has public spaces with thingsand collectibles to discover
1:55 you can modify ALL lots at any time by going into Build Mode (at least public lots - I'm not sure about other housholds)
2:20 instant transition from live mode to build mode
2:30 shows Information to the lot, enabling you to edit the lot (from top to bottom) Residental, General, Bar, Library, Fitness, Lounge, Museum, Nightclub, Park
Also shows the requirements for each lot
e.g Fitness needs 4 Exercise Machines, 1 shower, 1 toilet and 1 sink
2:55 switch through times of day (dawn, midday, dusk, night)
3:25 chose colours of premade room
3:30 shows how you can also pick individual items within the room to place down on your lot
4:00 Designtool - lets you change the colour of objects
5:05 shows how you can position objects on walls freely if you hold down Alt
5:45 you are able to stack wall objects and windows. They have asked the devs at Creators Camp who said that players should be given more freedom. So if you want to put a deco on your window - you can do so.
5:55 shows different room heights
There are also 3 different window sizes each (that was news to me!)
6:05 Entire house changes with wall size
6:10 shows modifications of the roof. Pressing and holding Alt while modifying lets you change each side/corner individually
6:35 roof decorations can be placed anywhere. Smoke comes form the chimney if you have a fireplace - no matter where the chimney is on the roof
7:20 ability to switch off the snapping of counters!
7:40 top shows premade rooms, 2nd shows items sorted by rooms and 3rd sorted by function
7:55 shows search function
... jinkies oO
Post edited by Vampirspiegelei on

Comments

• VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Added a bit of a translation for you guys - there is a bunch of very interesting stuff in this one!
    ... jinkies oO
  • rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    thanks for posting! ^_^
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Vampirspiegelei,

Thanks for posting another great video and providing all that extra useful information :D
  • asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    Thank you soooo much for sharing the video and important bits translation, very much appreciated! :D

I'm only up to the ~1:29 mark but I wanted to ask before I forgot; I don't recall seeing the giant flashing pause and start buttons in any other videos (I've only really been paying attention to creators camp videos though). Does anyone know what's going on with them? I assume (yikes!) that there's a camera mode in TS4 but part of my enjoyment is taking pictures and sharing them, so the giantness worries me a bit. Not too big a deal sense it does flash but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew about them :)
    edited August 2014
    @asterravos Yes I noticed that too, maybe the German version is just a tiny little bit different than the English version.
    But they also said that they paused this video several times so we see the Pause symbol because not only Sims4 is paused but also the video - so the narrator has more time to explain things (Pauseception ^^)

Edit - ok I watched it again - the pause symbol is apparently from the video capturing software they used. The game isn't paused. So we don't need to worry about big pause symbols barring our view :)
    ... jinkies oO
  • KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    Hooray! and thanks for sharing. All those fortunate people who got a taster before the rest of us, so jealous :-p
    Just found a new thing and added to the translation - apparently you can also catch frogs in a pond (0:45)!
    ... jinkies oO
    @asterravos Yes I noticed that too, maybe the German version is just a tiny little bit different than the English version.
    But they also said that they paused this video several times so we see the Pause symbol because not only Sims4 is paused but also the video - so the narrator has more time to explain things (Pauseception ^^)

Edit - ok I watched it again - the pause symbol is apparently from the video capturing software they used. The game isn't paused. So we don't need to worry about big pause symbols barring our view :)

Ahh thank you so much! That's a relief :P The video capture program' style matches TS4's UI perfectly. I started watching again and noticed that when pause flashes that the game is still 'playing'. Wouldn't have noticed that without your comment.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Asterravos - if you are used to Sims 3 camera mode and prefer it - it was mentioned you can choose to play sims 4 in Sims 3 mode or Sims 4 mode or even switch back and forth if you like. I just heard about that a couple days ago. So anything you may feel is missing via the camera mode or that you are unused to - you will be able to switch over to the more familiar Sims 3 mode.

Vampirspiegelei - Thank you for sharing and for confirming that the public lots are indeed capable of being edited. It seems that was a misconception that we could not edit the public spaces - when I knew a Guru had said we could - but we could not use just anything on those places as they have their own content just for the public spaces. I am assuming then all that content we saw was the public spaces content mostly - or did I get that wrong?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

@Writin_Reg What we saw in the video was the Parks in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. Every Neighbourhood has public spaces with collectibles and stuff to discover. They only talked about it but didn't show it.
    ... jinkies oO
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Asterravos - if you are used to Sims 3 camera mode and prefer it - it was mentioned you can choose to play sims 4 in Sims 3 mode or Sims 4 mode or even switch back and forth if you like. I just heard about that a couple days ago. So anything you may feel is missing via the camera mode or that you are unused to - you will be able to switch over to the more familiar Sims 3 mode.

:D I vaguely recall reading that in passing, thank you so much for telling/reminding me!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ah - okay thanks Vampirspeigelei. I still think it may have been Graham though that mentioned we could edit the public spaces but we could not use build mode - so I assumed it was like how in the World editor we could place neighborhood stuff and we could not build though - so I thought maybe that changed or something - so that was just a community lot then - and not the public spaces - right? (ETA - Yeah we can actually crossbreed them with plants somehow. We have always heard of that in previous sims game science career - but i guess in Sims 4 we can actually do it. So catching frogs is something we need to be able to do.)

Asterravos - I kept it in mind because of trying to play Sims 3 in Sims 3 mode when it first came out drove me nuts until I figured out we had a Sims 2 option - like the edge scrolling . I never adapted to the Sims 3 without edge scrolling as the camera was so hard to manuever without it. So I made a mental note of things like that when I heard it this time around. Trying to make my own transition from Sims 3 to Sims 4 as painless as possible so i can just get in there and have a ball. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Thanks for the video and translations. Now please excuse me while I go back and swoon over the build mode parts of the video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Thanks for bringing the German goodness. It's fun to see these videos from all over the world.
  • NormanYapNormanYap Posts: 33 Member
    asterravos wrote: »
    Thank you soooo much for sharing the video and important bits translation, very much appreciated! :D

I'm only up to the ~1:29 mark but I wanted to ask before I forgot; I don't recall seeing the giant flashing pause and start buttons in any other videos (I've only really been paying attention to creators camp videos though). Does anyone know what's going on with them? I assume (yikes!) that there's a camera mode in TS4 but part of my enjoyment is taking pictures and sharing them, so the giantness worries me a bit. Not too big a deal sense it does flash but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew about them :)

The giant pause thing looks like a feature in Nvidia Shadowplay streaming.
  • FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    Thank you to Vampirspiegelei for posting the video. (*) (*) (*) The one feature that caught my attention was the design tool which enables you to change the color of objects. To my knowledge, this is the first time such a tool has been mentioned. This is something that may be a solution to a color wheel depending on the number of given choices. The bench shown in the video had about 6 color choices and the umbrella looked to have maybe twelve.
  • JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Translation much appreciated: Build mode looked highly flexible compared to TS3 and there were other nice, small features in the clip too. Shame we can't alter terrain though..
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • AngelicScotAngelicScot Posts: 125 Member
    Thank you very much for the video and translation.
    @FrogPrince I have actually seen the colour selection / design tool in another video but yeah it wasn't mentioned there - was probably clicked by accident or something... now which one was it? Hmm can't remember
    ... jinkies oO
  • SmileyGoobSmileyGoob Posts: 112 Member
    i love these game play vids! THANKS for posting <3
    61223-James-Franco-thanks-man-gif-kaxG.gif

tumblr_ms1q1af1HH1rjjzhgo1_500_zps5f4a636a.gif
  • jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    Build mode is SOOO much better now :) ty for posting
  • GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    Thanks for sharing, awesome!
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member