Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycling old content and a lack of creativity in development

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited April 2018

@DeservedCriticism: March 7, pg #3

Just wanted to say thank you for showing the My first Pet SP Pictures.
    I never notice the furniture the little toddler pet chairs are just too, and I wanted kids to have a new art table. and a desk for homework I love the new corner couch with the dog textures on the pillow. Matching blinds.
    Great also for dog-loving teen rooms as well as kids and toddlers room.
    Also, you pointed out its 4 different small pets not just and hamster. So I think I will now buy the pack today. I love the furniture.
    *************************************************************************************************

@MzPigglyPooh: From page 4 March 27.

Sorry, you're having this problem but:
    The Vet Clinic is arranged incorrectly before you even start the video I see your problem. see that little Pet who need to be examined on the vet table. he needs to go around and he is trying to. he needs to stand in front of that platform, but you are blocking him with chairs, and yes people will sit in them, more blocking. Chairs should never be close to that area and nothing else. no chairs near exam tables do not block it and make it a lot of room so that they have a clear path to it. The waiting area with chairs should be out front away from exam rooms.

What you have here is chaos, mayhem for everyone and it's hurting your business and your head.
    If you would like to try a larger one on 40/30 lot
    It's a very colorful just Perfect Vet clinic in our Gallery. it's roomy and its fun to go to and fun to work at has everything its called. Wiggle Waggles Vet Clinic I have 3 Vet clinic's in my game but this is the best one. It is the one I enjoy going to the most.( Lock the upstairs apartment loft from your employees ) I play 19 households and most have two small dogs. We go to this clinic a lot. :) Or you can just rearrange your Vet clinic. I hope that you enjoy your Vet career as much as I do mine. I am sure you are a great Vet.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes, recycling is done in most games but to offset that new features are added as well. In Sims 4 what EA/Maxis did was break Sims 4 down and stripped it of all features and then rebuilt based lot speculation that some customers had an hard time with their system in playing or Sims 4 was built on an engine that existed from an cancelled project. Imho when they rebuilt Sims 4 they left out some features that for me was essential in the Sims series and replaced it with passive features just to get it to run. If anything they did not add any features other than the connection between neighborhoods and some building features but it still did not create an balance being this Sims version lost a lot. Recycling is necessary in some games and you can't escape it but it is how it is done and when features are cut what replaces them and again for some customers there was barely any features barely worth noting what brings us to this point and will until the end of Sims 4 or EA/Maxis finds some way to get some of those features back. Another thing tweaking does an game good if done properly and thoroughly and not an rush job.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2018
    Stormsview wrote: »

@DeservedCriticism: March 7, pg #3

Just wanted to say thank you for showing the My first Pet SP Pictures.
    I never notice the furniture being so cute the little toddler pet chairs are just too cute, and I wanted kids to have a new cute art table. and a desk for homework I love the new corner couch with the doggie textures on the pillow. Matching blinds.
    Great also for dog-loving teen rooms as well as kids and toddlers room.
    Also, you pointed out its 4 different small pets not just and hamster. So I think I will now buy the pack today. I love the furniture it's so cute.
    *************************************************************************************************

@MzPigglyPooh: From page 4 March 27.

Sorry, you're having this problem but:
    The Vet Clinic is arranged incorrectly before you even start the video I see your problem. see that little Pet who need to be examined on the vet table. he needs to go around and he is trying to. he needs to stand in front of that platform, but you are blocking him with chairs, and yes people will sit in them, more blocking. Chairs should never be close to that area and nothing else. no chairs near exam tables do not block it and make it a lot of room so that they have a clear path to it. The waiting area with chairs should be out front away from exam rooms.

What you have here is chaos, mayhem for everyone and it's hurting your business and your head.
    If you would like to try a larger one on 40/30 lot
    It's a very cute colorful just Perfect Vet clinic in our Gallery. it's roomy and its fun to go to and fun to work at has everything its called. Wiggle Waggles Vet Clinic I have 3 Vet clinic's in my game but this is the best one. It is the one I enjoy going to the most.( Lock the upstairs apartment loft from your employees ) I play 19 households and most have two small dogs. We go to this clinic a lot. :) Or you can just rearrange your Vet clinic. I hope that you enjoy your Vet career as much as I do mine. I am sure you are a great Vet.

Are you trying to say these people said these things or are you responding to them?

Edit: hehe I typed out Blech before as a place holder when I deleted a draft and left it in. Just going to get rid of that :#:D
  • Options
    edited April 2018

The picture with the Chair is just a comfy chair. if we go back 10 years ago we will find comfy chairs. if we go into the future 10 years we will find comfy chairs. because as long as humans have backs and get tired we will always love comfy furniture. That's the same with couches or sofas.
    Furniture stores do it all the time. inside they may try to make it better but outside it will mostly look the same. but maybe better fabric, or in our case texture

Really from year to year how much to beds change?
    or tables.
    Truth is people like what they are used to. and for the most part, that's what sells.

The the fact that the Sims games have kept our attention for all these years proves they are very creative.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    For goodness sake it doesn’t matter what other game companies do !(or don’t do)

That’s the best defence we have of a poor practice like recycling flawed systems like the vet career? Mentioning it specifically as some are refusing to acknowledge that point and trying to turn this back around to dlc for dlc when this topic is not about that.

But that’s the best defence? “Other game companies do it too!”

That makes it okay then! I feel lots better already. Coincidentally I can’t think of a game company that recycled something that is buggy multiple times in the same generation of the game, I believe that’s a sims 4 exclusive. And that is the point.

There is a difference between recycling what works and what doesn’t work. Also the recycling of swatches between packs. They are literally charging people for the same exact thing twice. That is the point.
    Some people really could do with going back and re reading the original post instead of de railing the topic.

I think too. And when I see other games, and other videos of other games I'm shocked to see how much they are not buggy compared to TS4.
    Other games have much more competition. So if the game companies don’t correct the bugs in them then they likely will lose the market. But the Sims games seem to differ from other games in two ways:
    1. They have no competition.
    2. Even though simmers complain a lot they mostly just go on buying everything that EA release for the game. Other gamers usually don’t.

Other games are better quality period. I play games in alpha that have less bugs than the sims 4. I have also found that other games have far less bugs, those that do get patched very quickly.

Lol so true xD

Will read the rest of the topic later but this made me laugh :)
  • Options

The picture with the Chair is just a comfy chair. if we go back 10 years ago we will find comfy chairs. if we go into the future 10 years we will find comfy chairs. because as long as humans have backs and get tired we will always love comfy furniture. That's the same with couches or sofas.
    Furniture stores do it all the time. inside they may try to make it better but outside it will mostly look the same. but maybe better fabric, or in our case texture

or tables.
    Truth is people like what they are used to. and for the most part, that's what sells.

The the fact that the Sims games have kept our attention for all these years proves they are very creative.
    Right but we only see the out side of the chair. So we don't really care if it's hypothetical inside is better. We are playing on a visual medium, the visuals matter. There are also tons of comfy chair designs,
    comfy-chairs-3.jpg?s=pi
    51ARmDfHksL._US500_.jpg
    round-comfy-chair-new-living-room-amazing-chair-ottoman-set-modern-with-brown-ashley-of-round-comfy-chair.jpg
    comfy-lounge-chairs-for-bedroom-best-comfy-chairs-for-bedroom-throughout-sweet-comfy-lounge-chairs-for-bedroom.jpg
    modern-lounge-chairs.jpg
    The list goes on there isn't any shortage of inspiration to make different comfy chairs. Or are you saying we only need one chair bed sink and so on in different colors to make a good house?

I would disagree with that if you are, I like having a variety of styles to choose from and am really not ok with the same style being recycled with new colors.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    For goodness sake it doesn’t matter what other game companies do !(or don’t do)

That’s the best defence we have of a poor practice like recycling flawed systems like the vet career? Mentioning it specifically as some are refusing to acknowledge that point and trying to turn this back around to dlc for dlc when this topic is not about that.

But that’s the best defence? “Other game companies do it too!”

That makes it okay then! I feel lots better already. Coincidentally I can’t think of a game company that recycled something that is buggy multiple times in the same generation of the game, I believe that’s a sims 4 exclusive. And that is the point.

There is a difference between recycling what works and what doesn’t work. Also the recycling of swatches between packs. They are literally charging people for the same exact thing twice. That is the point.
    Some people really could do with going back and re reading the original post instead of de railing the topic.

I think too. And when I see other games, and other videos of other games I'm shocked to see how much they are not buggy compared to TS4.
    Other games have much more competition. So if the game companies don’t correct the bugs in them then they likely will lose the market. But the Sims games seem to differ from other games in two ways:
    1. They have no competition.
    2. Even though simmers complain a lot they mostly just go on buying everything that EA release for the game. Other gamers usually don’t in similar situations.

I think you're right. We need competition.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2018

or tables.

I agree with you on the chair part for a chair is an chair and a table is an table but as far being creative they are not in all areas. Now pertaining to creativity it always go back to Sims 3 , even Sims 2. EA/Maxis was more creative in Sims 3 and Sims 2 by using features that allowed thed the user to customize their game and even create worlds and in Sims 4 customization is very limited. If one was to talk about trouble with using Sims 3 features it is based on what you was running or the Developer made an boo boo as they did with the Ambition pack/Island Paradise packs which never was addressed to this day. Sims 3 ran fine on mine with the exception of Ambition patch)worked great when EA/Maxis fixed it.) and Island Paradise even with the cards I was using at that time. World Adventure I had a problem with China as well which again was an Developer problem. However, the attention received is based on brand name and then started to taper off as some customers started to play it as they did with Sims City 2013 until it's demise.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

Designer Furniture has Patent's, I am sure you understand you do not just go and copy someone designs.Why, copyright infringement! If they did try to create one of a kind first run furniture each and every time they would have to Patent each piece, do that or they will have thieves coming in and copying and selling it themselves.
    Also claiming it as their original designs. then they would have to be removed from the game.

We have at least 26 couches in sims 4, 50 living room chairs, about 50 dining chairs, about 60 dining tables. around 40 beds, 20 barstools. All different Lots of their designs are New and never seen before. I am sure people that have the game already know that. With every added pack we mostly get more furniture added.

Are they creative with Sims 4?sure they are, and all their fans know that. :)
    The little recycling that is done comes out so much better then the last iteration of the game, that is asked for and demanded by their fans. They are the ones that count.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

Designer Furniture has Patent's, I am sure you understand you do not just go and copy someone designs.Why, copyright infringement! If they did try to create one of a kind first run furniture each and every time they would have to Patent each piece, do that or they will have thieves coming in and copying and selling it themselves.
    Also claiming it as their original designs. then they would have to be removed from the game.

We have at least 26 couches in sims 4, 50 living room chairs, about 50 dining chairs, about 60 dining tables. around 40 beds, 20 barstools. All different Lots of their designs are New and never seen before. I am sure people that have the game already know that. With every added pack we mostly get more furniture added.

The little recycling that is done comes out so much better then the last iteration of the game, that is asked for and demanded by their fans. They are the ones that count.

Sure, all the furniture designs are new and creative, with a few exceptions like the couch set of CL. But they are all exactly the same in functionality. Where are the corner couches, lounge chairs, functional stools for Sims to rest their feet on, canopy beds (we only have one), chaise lounges, etc. We basically have the same objects with many reskins. Not saying that that is not fine, but I would have liked to see some other variants of seating furniture by now.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Showing off Sims 4 creativity in Dogs create a sim. I don't believe anything is missing it's even a color wheel and way more. Check it out yourself in your Dogs & Cats EP

https://youtu.be/RiDEr-nNoKY

Not leaving out Cat lovers.

https://youtu.be/fjULg-QfLAw

https://youtu.be/7z9bvDBx5GY add cats&dogs to your collection, corner couches and bookcase I believe aslo in the MFP sp.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2018

I'm pretty sure that TS4 could come up with different-looking furniture without copyright infringement. They managed to do that with the first three iterations just fine. Yet, for some reason, TS4 has even more than the usual retread of objects and clothing.

Still, that's not TS4's main problem. The problem with this game is that they have painted themselves into a very narrow box and they can't get out of it now. They promised everyone that the game will basically play on a toaster and still be better than the version that came before. It was a bit of creative...hyperbole...that's for sure. Because they haven't managed to do either. As the required specs creep up, they still haven't managed to match the level and amount of game play that was offered by the other games in a much shorter time span.

Btw, there aren't four small pets in MFPS. There's one. They look marginally different, however, interactions and animations are exactly the same. Add to that, there is no variation in the animal types. You get one color rat, one color hamster, etc. In order to get any variety, you'll need to download a mod. This is what the Sims game has degenerated into.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018

That's not quite how patent and copyright laws work.

Patents are not related to artistic work. Patents are for the design of functional parts in an item. Basically the engineering.
    They don't have any structural work in the sims game in the sense a real chair would meaning they in fact are not worried about patents at all.

Graphic design work is an art form and falls under a copyright.
    In USA (the legal system ea is worried about) and Canada as soon as you do a piece of creative work it already has copyright protection. You can file to make suing someone over stealing your idea much easier but it is not required and in the instances of the sims its unlikely that they file for every graphic item because
    a) They are public enough it is to easy to point out where and when they made something
    b) They would have to do paperwork for every single animation piece they did, adding extra cost
    c)They have a copyright for their game which would cover all the work inside of it. It's kind of like an author doesn't need to go copyright every sentence of the book, it is all just protected under the books copyright.

Then you have to look at the actual practicality of getting a lawsuit for copyright cross medium.
    Consider how it is so easy for knock off brands to exist in the furniture and textile industry. That is in a comparable medium, here we are talking about a company getting sued over a artistic design in a different medium (pixels) with a graphic style greatly removed from reality. Unless the designers blatantly ripped a design off and tried to make it look exactly the same, it is highly unlikely any legal issues would arise. Even if they did just copy a design, it would still be a hard fight in court, which would then determine what ea had to do (it doesn't necessarily need to be removed)

Regardless of it all I said draw inspiration which is quite different in meaning from copy.
    I would never encourage anyone to steal designs. I know what it is like to have people steal work and take credit for it, and it is plum.

I'm glad you think that.
    If you don't think our opinions here matter may I ask why you continue to try and change them?

Unrelated

There are two things I consider when looking at the sims. One is it's graphical component, this includes build/buy elements and cas stuff. When building or designing a sim having 20 things that look the same but in different colors doesn't allow me to properly express the differences between families and individuals. I like to have a variety of distinct items, preferably in a variety of distinct styles. From that interest I don't like the CL chair situation.

When to comes to recycled animations, I am not nearly as bothered. Animations are a pain to do, I'm not doing anything nearly as complicated as a sim and I will recycle actions when ever I think it fits because it takes so long to do then check over animation sequences. I only do it when I think it matches well, but I do it too and don't fault anyone else for doing it. Plus when I'm in live mode I'm honestly not really watching my sims, I tend to be very goal orientated and playing a full house meaning i'm always micromanaging a bunch of stuff. So if the devs save money recycling some animations to add more gameplay for me to try to manage, I'm perfectly fine with that.

I don't like the Vet career example of recycling because, I don't think the active careers worked well to begin with. Recycling bugs isn't cool.

I do think that the sims team has creative work. Vampires, Toddlers and Parenthood are gameplay examples I won't ever forget, JA and it's jungle work is gorgeous and we actually got a new dance style with that pack that I think is pretty cool as well.

I'm not really going to comment on the developments creativity on the whole. I simply don't know enough. Things like budget or a strong armed higher up can do a lot to limit an artist from doing what they originally wanted to do, and it happens a lot from my own experience.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Showing off Sims 4 creativity in Dogs create a sim. I don't believe anything is missing it's even a color wheel and way more. Check it out yourself in your Dogs & Cats EP

https://youtu.be/7z9bvDBx5GY add cats&dogs to your collection, corner couches and bookcase I believe aslo in the MFP sp.

The C&D couch with the pillows actually looks to me just like a recolor of the one in Parenthood pack. Many of the furniture use the same meshes as the base game - just their reskins are different. They basically said this - and showed diagrams even in the making of packs in the Laundry Day thread.

It was the same thing way back in Sims 2 when even I used to make Maxis Match CC - I just got tired of recoding changing the meshes and making the content constantly needing to be redone. But many designs in Sims 2 that I made - looked very different from each other - but underneath the outside new skin design it was the same couch, chair, table, bed mesh found in the base game. Making meshes from scratch is the hard part and that is only done when a design needs a new or different function - like a foot rest or lounge chair would need. Yes - sectional furniture is tricky as it also takes programming and new meshes having abilities to lock/join - so of course new meshes as well.

Usually when an expensive looking piece of furniture still has a low comfort value - it is a good indicator it was made off of the same mesh as the cheap base game furniture. At least that was my own experience with it in the past, so I assume that is most likely the same case now. I think if they are going to make some of the reskins very expensive and expensive looking they really need to use the meshes from the more costly furniture - other wise we may as well just buy our sims all the cheap looking furniture to start with - as comfort level matter more than what it looks like to the Sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

The C&D couch with the pillows actually looks to me just like a recolor of the one in Parenthood pack. Many of the furniture use the same meshes as the base game - just their reskins are different. They basically said this - and showed diagrams even in the making of packs in the Laundry Day thread.

It was the same thing way back in Sims 2 when even I used to make Maxis Match CC - I just got tired of recoding changing the meshes and making the content constantly needing to be redone. But many designs in Sims 2 that I made - looked very different from each other - but underneath the outside new skin design it was the same couch, chair, table, bed mesh found in the base game. Making meshes from scratch is the hard part and that is only done when a design needs a new or different function - like a foot rest or lounge chair would need. Yes - sectional furniture is tricky as it also takes programming and new meshes having abilities to lock/join - so of course new meshes as well.

Usually when an expensive looking piece of furniture still has a low comfort value - it is a good indicator it was made off of the same mesh as the cheap base game furniture. At least that was my own experience with it in the past, so I assume that is most likely the same case now. I think if they are going to make some of the reskins very expensive and expensive looking they really need to use the meshes from the more costly furniture - other wise we may as well just buy our sims all the cheap looking furniture to start with - as comfort level matter more than what it looks like to the Sims.
    I kind of wish it wasn't. Sometimes when I'm building I'm quite sad about the fact that I am aiming for a certain art style but it's seating and beds aren't comfy. I've been thinking that for a long time with the sims though.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I kind of wish it wasn't. Sometimes when I'm building I'm quite sad about the fact that I am aiming for a certain art style but it's seating and beds aren't comfy. I've been thinking that for a long time with the sims though.

I so agree. Go through the same thing myself. The low level comfort takes way more wasted sleep time, back aches, bad sleep - etc - and I think when we pay more for something it always should have a higher comfort level. Not every one wants a Princess bed. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited April 2018

@BeJaWa
    If you are an artist or other creative entrepreneurs you are involved in the world of intellectual property whether you know it or not. Intellectual property deals with the things that are created and gives them certain rights and protections under the law. These include rights for artistic, musical, film and literary works, the creation of symbols, designs and phrases, inventions and processes. In general, these types of intellectual property fall under the categories of copyrights, trademarks, and patents.

Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce. IP is protected in law ... Generally speaking, a patent provides the patent owner with the right to decide how - or whether the invention can be used by others
    @ All that wish to read this:
    When I started designing years ago online I never created anything without drawing it first.
    Most designs are started on paper or computer with some sort of artistic outline. for example. fashion and also jewelry designs, and of course furniture designing.

In a popular online world, I was designing, what I did on finishing my design I would publish it publicly dated so that was proof to me that I designed it first. I was new at that time. Now I did do my research on the top 10 designers. I mean the people that could make a living from their designs, and + some.
    What I found was the number one store made the same design over and over even if he would make it slightly a different shape it was the same design. But he was number one. The textures were different an nice.
    Next was a real-life couple that made different designs but never one copy of each it was more like perhaps 3 copies of each. I liked their store better. they were number #2.
    Then they had #3 who sold and did well by popularity. her husband was a DJ. the store had very low-quality items. but sold well.

Today what sells?. They have people with little or no design abilities but are great animators.
    So I feel if EA would kick up our animations on the furniture say the cuddles and the making out, even something like kids fighting on the couch, breaking a lamp, maybe a toddler walking and wobbling up and down the couch and drops her ice cream. and the pet comes and eats the ice cream from the couch.
    We need vacuum animation and couch cleaning. Any natural animations that would bring Sims to life. I would love to see more lifelike animations. like they implemented into the Pets. they gave them lots of real pets animations. We need couples walking through the neighborhood holding hands.
    Also, I would love to see Sims doing something without being directed by the simmer. Like a husband bringing flowers home to his wife randomly. Family bringing in the mail.
    kids getting report cards again, Perhaps parent fining the report card while checking pockets.

If they are going on a date they should go to that Sims home and ask before they go. At least call them on the phone while we watch both and the reactions.

I feel that simmers just want more realism in the game. Sometimes they just go about it in the wrong manner. Like too much emphasis on new couches.

Why are our toddlers so difficult? Because when EA looked at the forum to see what the fans wanted. they saw one side crying for more challenging gameplay more difficult,
    Then on the other hand Family players wanted Toddlers.
    So they Just made us difficult Toddlers. lol, this is true.

We will always keep getting new furniture. But will new couches help your gameplay? No.
    What you really want is a new real-life game animation for your Sims.
    We need new and real-life animations. That would change your gameplay.

Slow dancing is high on the list.
    A more realistic school system.
    If you got 10 new couches and you sit on them with the same sit animation what do you have? no added fun. Now if you get new couches/sofas we want new couch animation. Correct?

Do you want just to win an argument and lose the war?

We need new everyday real life animation implemented into our sims games.

This is the reason Sims 2 stands out over Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Example: in Sims 2., your grade school child is at the park after curfew, the parent gets in the car and drives to the park stops when they see their child the door opens and the child gets in. Then drives home.

More Simple real-life animations is what we need.

EA and their teams are extremely creative they are just looking for us to let them know what we truly want.

The Teams can make the Sims platform support whatever they wish.
    It's not about us, it's about making our game fun. ?? Do they have a budget sure they do, Not to raise prices? So let's just ask for what we truly want or need to make the game fun.
    More Simple real-life animations are what we need. Bring our game to life.

Smiles all around for everybody? :)

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Stormsview
    If you got 10 new couches and you sit on them with the same sit animation what do you have? no added fun. Now if you get new couches/sofas we want new couch animation. Correct?
    No, not necessarily. I’ve always liked getting new couches or beds, because I liked building different kinds of houses. I didn’t mind sims used the very same animation to step into that bed though, because sitting on a couch and sleeping in a bed are daily routine things. It’s different when the barbecue comes in. Sure it’s nice to have a few barbecues to choose from, but it’s not a daily routine to use the barbecue. And that’s where the feeling they’re just selling me easy stuff comes in. Also because the design of a barbecue really doesn’t matter as much as a sofa. A barbecue at the end of the day is mainly a utensil where a sofa or a bed - apart from that - are also used for decoration. Even a stove can do with more varieties because it’s part of a kitchen interior. And you will also always need them, in every single household you create. A barbecue not so much. The barbecue just stands there in the garden. I like having a few different barbecues but I don’t need twenty.

The charm of new ‘same’ content is looks only. I don’t think many people will deny they like new decoration. But to sell it as brand new stuff (especially when it’s just a recolour, which is an extra slap in the face for those who miss CASt) is something else.

(totally agree with both writin_reg and bejawa there concerning cheap/expensive furniture!!)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ReisJewelReisJewel Posts: 22 Member
    It seems like they are trying to release content faster than they did for TS3. And while that is a good thing in a way, they way they are doing it is not. I mean yeah, sure, we like getting new stuff for the game faster but when you compare the DLCs TS4 has with what TS3 had, you can clearly see the big difference. Those were much more extensive than what TS4 seems to offer (still no cars, no seasons, only vampires out of 6-7 other supernaturals they made for TS3, ONE vacation spot if you take out Granite falls from the equation because you don't do anything there anyway, and so on) but because they seem so dead-set of spitting out content faster, they resort to recycling stuff they already made and ask the same price for it. Why? Because they became greedy. The Sims is probably one of the most popular game out there that EA publishes so they can do whatever they want with it.

Why spend more time on actually developing something stable and new when they can reskin what they already have? Personally I'd wait more for content to come out if it meant that it would actually be GOOD.
    Origin ID: ReisJewel | My Sims Blog | "Homescapes" Challenge Group: coming soon
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Let this be known this is just a free update, your game will just change in build mode. and it will only work on furniture that you own.

I did not want to write a book so I decided to wait on a couple comments then run this ideal pass you simmer's fans.

Now we know everyone wants a color wheel, correct? And we also know why they are just fun. You get more control of your finish object. let's say a bed for example. So they give you a green bed and a new blue bed. But you want that perfect greenish blue you love right?

Then let's say they wanted to make you happy so they came up with 8 new couches, 8 new everything and called it the furniture pack. You did not get the color wheel but you did get a motherlode of furniture.

Everyone looks in the pack and said well I like 2 of the pieces but most I don't want. Sounds a lot like us, Correct.

Ok think about this you go to build mode and you need a couch, you click on couches and you pick the one you like best, but not really perfect yet. So what if you could change the pillows, then change the legs to that couch, change the texture of your couch to any available texture for furniture. You could change the arms, even the back. Well, truly your building your own couch. Ok, now your smiling. :)

Let's get to the problem beds, same as the couch/sofa you get a choice of your backboards, footboards, and rails, or even a princess bed. ok, so you now get to pick your mattress thickness and let it match the money your sims have to spend. also, change your bedspread to a comforter or anything you want or do not want on your bed. same with the couch textures you have the choice to match because all fabrics are joined to one complete set. We should have the choice of bed-skirts and even drapes that match your bed. same with rugs.
    And of course, we get the color wheel.

This should go for all the furniture in the home more control.
    So we can have something like create-your-furniture. No one knows what you want in furniture more than you the simmer. It does not matter how many couches you get, they will never please everyone.
    No fighting just fun play.
    Yup, you like this ideal, don't you? :)
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member

I did not want to write a book so I decided to wait on a couple comments then run this ideal pass you simmer's fans.

Now we know everyone wants a color wheel, correct? And we also know why they are just fun. You get more control of your finish object. let's say a bed for example. So they give you a green bed and a new blue bed. But you want that perfect greenish blue you love right?

Then let's say they wanted to make you happy so they came up with 8 new couches, 8 new everything and called it the furniture pack. You did not get the color wheel but you did get a motherlode of furniture.

Everyone looks in the pack and said well I like 2 of the pieces but most I don't want. Sounds a lot like us, Correct.

Ok think about this you go to build mode and you need a couch, you click on couches and you pick the one you like best, but not really perfect yet. So what if you could change the pillows, then change the legs to that couch, change the texture of your couch to any available texture for furniture. You could change the arms, even the back. Well, truly your building your own couch. Ok, now your smiling. :)

Let's get to the problem beds, same as the couch/sofa you get a choice of your backboards, footboards, and rails, or even a princess bed. ok, so you now get to pick your mattress thickness and let it match the money your sims have to spend. also, change your bedspread to a comforter or anything you want or do not want on your bed. same with the couch textures you have the choice to match because all fabrics are joined to one complete set. We should have the choice of bed-skirts and even drapes that match your bed. same with rugs.

So we can have something like create-your-furniture. No one knows what you want in furniture more than you the simmer. It does not matter how many couches you get, they will never please everyone.

So instead of any endless combinations of restyling via the one color wheel (or some sort of create-a-wheel) you think paying for lots of furniture SP is the better option? That dont sound too cute to me...
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

So instead of any endless combinations of restyling via the one color wheel (or some sort of create-a-wheel) you think paying for lots of furniture SP is the better option? That dont sound too cute to me...

Nor me. Doesn't sound great.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

Let this be known this is just a free update, your game will just change in build mode. and it will only work on furniture that you own.

That would be cool, though it seems to be even more advanced than CASt in TS3. I don't see what this idea has to do with OP.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    NickSims wrote: »

That would be cool, though it seems to be even more advanced than CASt in TS3. I don't see what this idea has to do with OP.

Neither do I, and I find it amazing how much this thread avoids the point I tried to highlight the most: the vet career is so lazily recycled that it recycles old bugs. This is a new low for recycling, because I don't ever recall this happening before. It's a huge part of why I'd be concerned about recycling features, yet it's barely being mentioned here. Dunno what you guys are even discussing anymore and I mean what the heck, I made the thread.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top