Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch!

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Can't wait to get in my game and check out the updated reward traits! I am especially THRILLED about the update to Never Weary changed back to the way it was originally intended. Ever since this reward trait was borked, I've been using the fill motive cheat on Sims that earned it to keep it filled. In my eyes, it really wasn't cheating since the definition of 'never' is; not ever, at no time, not at any time, not once; not at all!

So happy the other needs reward traits were updated as well and that another version for energy was created for 'sometimes' weary. I don't mind the inflated price for these either, it just makes sense.

Happy they fixed the cobwebs, cracks etc. in the Vampires GP to be free again too. 5 simoleans wasn't really that much to pay, but I can see how it would add up after awhile on larger builds. Plus, besides the Vampires themselves, of course, as a builder those features were one of the things that inspired me to buy the pack in the first place.

Also thrilled about the portable toddler bed and that they can use tents now. In addition to using it on vacations, it will come in very handy for Rags to Riches, Homeless and Runaway challenges as well. Thank you Devs! <3

Lastly, even though I don't have City Living installed right now, I'm glad the flea market/yard sale table was fixed for those who do have it. I can't wait to use it myself one day. Happy Simming y'all! :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm happy about the trait that will make sims never need to socialize. That is the most annoying need ever.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    not nearly as important as the rest, but just finished up an incognito party with 3 hosts and 15 guests. saw two new costumes, 'prisoner' (from get to work) and 'bear' (from outdoor retreat). both were doubled up (and had 5 cheerleaders), so hopefully more and i was just unlucky with the costume rolls

...also, the only reason the household got a gold rating was the fact that both parents had already completed the party animal aspiration (still working on it for the three teens, who were the hosts). got both '3 sims drink at one time' and '3 sims play games at one time' and even with 5 sims drinking various mixology drinks and 10 sims playing games (4 don't wake the llama, 4 cards, 2 chess), neither of those got marked as anyone participating in them
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Never needing to socialize will help me also actually make a loner sim that works... I know they don't get bothered or tense by it but that red plumbob bugs me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180 I like the idea of using these traits on ghost... I'm making playing a sim that I plan to send to Selvadorada so I can see what the skeleton ghosts look like eventually. He's got a bunch of traits already but I'll have to complete a number of aspirations to get him the newer and revamped traits... but yeah that gave me the perfect reason to work toward that.

Well don't save up too much, skeletons automatically don't have any needs besides Social and fun! Unless you just wanna play the ghost itself lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Still not bunk beds..lol
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    paradiseplanet I noticed an issue with these pants from the Parenthood pack. I loaded a sim of mine into CAS and it said that items were missing. Which was weird, because I did not use cc on that sim. I went through the outfits and the only item missing was the pants in her sleepwear. I could not find them again until removing all the tags (female and sleep). I found them, but the "swatch picker" is also broken, they are all greyed out.

wgO7LPS.jpg

That explains why I got that message in some of the households I've been playing. I hope they fix it soon, because I don't want to save my game and permanently remove the pants from my sims, then spend time putting them back on when they're put back in.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    @paradiseplanet I noticed an issue with these pants from the Parenthood pack. I loaded a sim of mine into CAS and it said that items were missing. Which was weird, because I did not use cc on that sim. I went through the outfits and the only item missing was the pants in her sleepwear. I could not find them again until removing all the tags (female and sleep). I found them, but the "swatch picker" is also broken, they are all greyed out.

wgO7LPS.jpg
    Yes these are the ones I had issues with . Thought I had fixed it but same problem showed up when I created a male Sim in CAS. Repair doesn't seem to have made any difference! Can't find these pants for either male or female now >:)

0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    I'm glad about vampire dark forms not resetting anymore, because it was really starting to make me angry. Also, does anyone know if MCCC still works with this patch?
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I'm glad about vampire dark forms not resetting anymore, because it was really starting to make me angry. Also, does anyone know if MCCC still works with this patch?

Hello @GasolineCrea
    The mod creator has confirmed that MCCC mod works with this patch :)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I don't think I'll be touching my game for awhile until I get my missing CAS items back. I didn't invest in this game to have them magically taken away from me.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2018
    kalaksed wrote: »
    not nearly as important as the rest, but just finished up an incognito party with 3 hosts and 15 guests. saw two new costumes, 'prisoner' (from get to work) and 'bear' (from outdoor retreat). both were doubled up (and had 5 cheerleaders), so hopefully more and i was just unlucky with the costume rolls

...also, the only reason the household got a gold rating was the fact that both parents had already completed the party animal aspiration (still working on it for the three teens, who were the hosts). got both '3 sims drink at one time' and '3 sims play games at one time' and even with 5 sims drinking various mixology drinks and 10 sims playing games (4 don't wake the llama, 4 cards, 2 chess), neither of those got marked as anyone participating in them

Drat. The party bug is back. That is, when multiple sims try to do something at a party "At the same time", (Have 3 sims listen to the stereo/dance/play game at the same time, etc.) the party goal does not fulfill. Confirmed that it's broken again in my game. This bug was around for a while and finally got fixed a patch or two ago, but it's back. Why oh why can't they just squash these bugs for good?
  • Options
    Hmm well maybe that's why my sim dancing with his date didn't ding for me tonight .. not a party though it was a date event and I tried two ways.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    welp, I don't do parties much anyway...
  • Options
    I don't think I'll be touching my game for awhile until I get my missing CAS items back. I didn't invest in this game to have them magically taken away from me.

Same. I don't know how it's even possible to accidentally remove content in a patch
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Same. I don't know how it's even possible to accidentally remove content in a patch

I presume in the patch notes when they mentioned moving around a few clothes in CAS, someone accidently hit the wrong button or two. Or three.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Clothes are missing?
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    So the pajama bottoms from parenthood are broken? What if my sim is wearing those? Is the save file now ruined and corrupted? I haven't updated the game yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    So the pajama bottoms from parenthood are broken? What if my sim is wearing those? Is the save file now ruined and corrupted? I haven't updated the game yet.

It's not corrupted. You'll just get a notice that some CAS items couldn't be loaded, and they'll be removed from your sim. If you save your game in that state, you'll have to put the pants back on in CAS when they fix this issue.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I presume in the patch notes when they mentioned moving around a few clothes in CAS, someone accidently hit the wrong button or two. Or three.

Oh yeah. They really need to double check when doing these things. I hope they make a hot fix for this soon, because I'd rather not wait for a month to get those pants back.

• Options
    I'm also missing this bowler hat:

ju5FZSZ.png
    xg58HzM.png

No, I didn't put that hat on him as a replacement; the game did it automatically in CAS.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Ok, guess I won't load my game.
  • Options
    I am as frustrated as my avatar right now.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Still not bunk beds..lol

No way they are ever doing bunk beds in a patch, lol. That's not fixing a bug or adding some minor feature. The animation work needed to do functional bunk beds would probably need to be something in a GP or EP. They aren't going to do something like the modders have done where sims teleport into the bed....they'd have to actually have working animations for that.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'm kind of annoyed that they changed the never weary trait. Now I'll have to remove it from my sim and give him the new trait because I want him to sometimes sleep.

Yeah I want my sim to sleep less so they have more time to do things not completely not needing sleep and turning to non humans!

Btw you mentioned you'll give your sim a new trait like never weary? Is there two types of these traits?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    There's a never weary and a seldom sleepy trait now.. I guess seldom sleepy works like the old one did. I'm not playing a sim who has that so not sure if you kept the never weary or the other if you had it.

Just thought I'd add in now we have also these changes to traits.. you have one that makes it so you don't need to green much and then the ones that make it so you don't need to green in those areas ever. Well I guess if a potion or something else knocks down your green that's different.
    antiseptic and forever fresh
    hardly hungry and forever full
    independant and needs no one
    egTcBMc.png