Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch!

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The club system has been affected.

The Renegades used to be mischievious to others and argue with The Paragons. Now, all they do is dance and swim. I'm disappointed as they were my favourite club.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Some of the CAS items don't work correctly after this patch.
    All the necklaces were flying when I tried them on my female Sim(she was wearing a base game shirt).
    And there were other problems with the CAS as well.
    New patch new problems.. :disappointed:

- And before someone asks, no I don't use any CC or mods.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    All the necklaces were flying when I tried them on my female Sim(she was wearing a base game shirt).

Perhaps posting the problem in this AHQ thread with CAS issues will get their attention: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/td-p/6387288

I posted my missing bowler hat there and the PJ pants have been reported already as well.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2018
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Anyone else unable to "resume painting" since this patch? Mine can only scrap unfinished paintings now.

Are you using Scumbumbo's "Change filter on paint from reference" mod?

Try waiting 'til the painting is finished before changing the filter (I'm going to try this). If that doesn't work, take the mod out.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Anyone else unable to "resume painting" since this patch? Mine can only scrap unfinished paintings now.

Are you using Scumbumbo's "Change filter on paint from reference" mod?

Try waiting 'til the painting is finished before changing the filter (I'm going to try this). If that doesn't work, take the mod out.

I'm getting this problem too, and I don't have that particular mod.
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > ldmarko wrote: »
    >
    > Anyone else unable to "resume painting" since this patch? Mine can only scrap unfinished paintings now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you using Scumbumbo's "Change filter on paint from reference" mod?
    >
    > Try waiting 'til the painting is finished before changing the filter (I'm going to try this). If that doesn't work, take the mod out.

I don't use mods or cc, and I get this problem. I think it's tied to leaving the home lot, since that is when I noticed it. Luckily, just moving the painting off the easel and then back again, as I posted earlier, fixes it.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited February 2018
    I had the painting glitch, then it went away, but I couldn't tell you what I did in between that might have affected it.

One (positive) thingk that I think I noticed, but might be my imagination, is that vampires who are set to use "always move as bat" and "always move as mist form" are no longer taking it quite so literally and flapping or misting every time they need to go two steps. They seem to be walking short distances normally again.
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • Options
    Emma0708000Emma0708000 Posts: 27 Member
    I love bug fixes but i heard a lot of people were having issues with Mods >.<
    Simply Sims | Youtuber
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vulori wrote: »
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > ldmarko wrote: »
    >
    > Anyone else unable to "resume painting" since this patch? Mine can only scrap unfinished paintings now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you using Scumbumbo's "Change filter on paint from reference" mod?
    >
    > Try waiting 'til the painting is finished before changing the filter (I'm going to try this). If that doesn't work, take the mod out.

I don't use mods or cc, and I get this problem. I think it's tied to leaving the home lot, since that is when I noticed it. Luckily, just moving the painting off the easel and then back again, as I posted earlier, fixes it.

Scumbumbo (modder) just investigated this and said it's a vanilla base game issue. The workaround is to drag the painting into inventory and then back to the easel. This should allow you to continue painting.

ETA: I opened a bug report over on EA site, regarding this issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Can-t-Resume-Painting-an-Incomplete-Painting-after/m-p/6658673#M58885
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »

I had this issue with a particular CC necklace which I removed because I thought it was just bad CC (I rarely used it anyway so I don't miss it) but that is interesting that it happened in non-modded game.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I love bug fixes but i heard a lot of people were having issues with Mods >.<

I don't doubt that they are, but I wanted to add that I have heard a lot of issues from people who play without mods too.
  • Options
    DanaMillerDanaMiller Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey am I the only one who is missing some icons? In the simology?
    I would like to attach a picture but I don't know how :# :'(
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    DanaMiller wrote: »
    Hey am I the only one who is missing some icons? In the simology?
    I would like to attach a picture but I don't know how :#:'(

Do you have Weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension mod? If so, you need to update it as it broke with the patch. It's fixed now though.