Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch!

Comments

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Has anyone noticed new thought bubbles. Specifically I've seen a hand holding what looks like a coin for both my human sim and his dog, plus the human had a bubble of a golden house. Could this be jungle related? My dog has the adventurous trait... Or does my pet want a treat?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't break MC command center.

Haven't you heard? Everything does. That's what happens with mods that are anything other than a chair reskin.

Also, EA has no obligation to make sure their games run with mods. It's one of the things I'll stick up for them on.

That toddler bed is cute though. And free. The best of both worlds!

Of course, tents being in OR but not JA is without a doubt a sneaky move from the Devs to encourage the buying of OR. Most people own OR but it's still pretty low and probably means they'll be pulling similar moves in the future.

MC Command Center was not broken by the patch.
  • Options
    Who505Who505 Posts: 24 Member
    well i do wonder why my game looks bugged out after i got the new patch & how do i get it fixed
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Who505 wrote: »
    well i do wonder why my game looks bugged out after i got the new patch & how do i get it fixed

What do you mean - you think you might have broken mods/cc? If so, check out this thread:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018/p1
  • Options
    as much as i want to place a picture i can't, since the site is telling me: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
  • Options
    i did post the error in MsGryphy Discord Server but it's not like she can help me w/that. It involves the Origin in-Game menu, instead of words it a big block of squiggly lines & a grey BG
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    i did post the error in MsGryphy Discord Server but it's not like she can help me w/that. It involves the Origin in-Game menu, instead of words it a big block of squiggly lines & a grey BG

Perhaps post the issue in the Technical discussions subforum here? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Anyone else unable to "resume painting" since this patch? Mine can only scrap unfinished paintings now.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Resuming paintings works fine for me... Maybe you have a broken mod that's causing the issue?
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Resuming paintings works fine for me... Maybe you have a broken mod that's causing the issue?

It works for me as well.
    Does anyone know if we have new paintings coming on Tuesday with Jungle?
  • Options

I don't have any mods, maybe it's just glitch with that particular sim or lot.
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    For some reason, my sim also could not resume a painting, though it was working fine just fifteen minutes before. The only thing that happened was that she left her home lot, perhaps that is the problem? Either way, I managed to fix it by dragging the painting off the easel to a wall and then putting it back on the easel.
  • Options
    Vulori wrote: »
    For some reason, my sim also could not resume a painting, though it was working fine just fifteen minutes before. The only thing that happened was that she left her home lot, perhaps that is the problem? Either way, I managed to fix it by dragging the painting off the easel to a wall and then putting it back on the easel.

I'll try that next time it happens, thanks.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Things I have encounter playing:

Parenthood pants have gone
    Arms look distorted in a save ( a sim is holding a animal)
    Hat that has been mentioned here
    Missing dialogue (animals)- There is a blank little option
    Child mopping up a puddle- not holding the brush
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    Easel seems to be fine now, must have just been a momentary glitch. And I've noticed the check toddler response is now "play!" all the time. Much better than wanting food or drink all the time, no more sippy cups everywhere.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    As absolutely delighted I am that they have put in another city with extended night (thank you thank you thank you), Windenburg seems an odd choice for that given it's attached to an EP. I would have expected that to be a base game thing.

My hope was that they'd be able to expand Forgotten Hollow, tbh. But maybe I can make some modern vampire homes. I prefer old creepy haunted house look, but just having more space to be a creature of the night is most welcome.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Anyone else unable to "resume painting" since this patch? Mine can only scrap unfinished paintings now.

I have this issue now.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Hello @Who505
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the patch.
    If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they were broken.
    It would be best to remove them and update to the new version of these mods, that has now been released since the patch.
    These are links to a list of some of the other broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/22/broken-mods-february-18-patch-jungle-adventure-gp/
  • Options
    AenmondAenmond Posts: 31 Member
    Spending some time at the building mode I realized there is a new floor pattern in the various section. It seems to be a type of soil from the new world, Selvadorada. In Spanish it is called "Suelo de tierra auténtica de Selvadorada", which probably translates to something like "Selvadorada authentic ground/soil/dirt floor" (my game is not in English). Had anyone noticed it? Was it added in the last update? Because I think it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.
  • Options
    Aenmond wrote: »
    Spending some time at the building mode I realized there is a new floor pattern in the various section. It seems to be a type of soil from the new world, Selvadorada. In Spanish it is called "Suelo de tierra auténtica de Selvadorada", which probably translates to something like "Selvadorada authentic ground/soil/dirt floor" (my game is not in English). Had anyone noticed it? Was it added in the last update? Because I think it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

Yes. SimguruNinja mentioned it in the last broadcast.
  • Options
    Vulori wrote: »

Thanks for that tip @Vulori ! I just had the easel glitch occur, and doing what you mentioned fixed it.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Could it be that the patch secretly increased the occurrence of random accidents? Before I've never seen a sim get electrocuted from repairing broken objects, now it has happened twice within 24 hours.

(And I still didn't actually see it, I was busy taking care of other matters and only noticed the dazed moodlet later.)

Not complaining, by the way. That should happen more often to sims who try to repair something with a low handiness skill.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    But I didn't find the new trait. :o Did someones see it?

It's a reward trait, not a trait found in CAS.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    But I didn't find the new trait. :o Did someones see it?

It's a reward trait, not a trait found in CAS.

I already know this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Could it be that the patch secretly increased the occurrence of random accidents? Before I've never seen a sim get electrocuted from repairing broken objects, now it has happened twice within 24 hours.

(And I still didn't actually see it, I was busy taking care of other matters and only noticed the dazed moodlet later.)

Not complaining, by the way. That should happen more often to sims who try to repair something with a low handiness skill.

Totally right! Hopefully it's true.
    Lu4ERme.gif