Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Still waiting for evidence of rewards that aren't money or material objects, personally.

Looks like we can take a living skeleton home with us.

I’m not really sure what you’re after. I’m sure all the skills we can only learn in the jungle make for some reward for that Sim? Also learning the cultural dances?

We probably get a reward trait for completeinh the aspiration as well.

Unless we head into the supernatural realm there isn’t really any rewards I can think of that make sense for tomb raiding.

A skeleton that is functionally identical to a maid, a dance that does nothing but look different and a skill that only has meaning within it's own bubble (a game pack vacation world you have no motivation to revisit once complete whilst the skill probably levels naturally with exploring) do not make for long-term gameplay. The skeleton and dance fail to introduce any new game mechanics to a Sim's everyday life, and the skill would likewise fail unless it has improvements that effect something other than the pack world/content directly.

I've given several examples before of what I mean. As I've said multiple times: Vampires and Parenthood are the best received packs thusfar. The common link between Vampires and Parenthood are that both reward Sims with new traits that alter what they can do, how they act around others and what they're capable of. A vampire can become "immune" to emotions, a responsible child climbs the career ladder exceptionally faster, a vampire can instantly seduce those around them and a well-mannered child sees huge boosts to how quickly they build relationships.

Those exact same kinds of bonuses need to be present here or I suspect reception for the pack would once again be mixed. Whether the reward be another fountain of youth, an artifact that can be traded to an employer for an instant promotion, or the ability to throw nests of deadly bees at other Sims to kill them, the point is our Sims need a long-term benefit that changes the way they can interact with the world.

Maybe this pack has that, maybe it doesn't, but so far they haven't shown such a thing.

Both Vampires and Parenthood were Sim based packs though.

If they focus too much on Sim development in every pack, it takes away from the gameplay here. The gameplay here is about being in the jungle. To worry about how that affects Sims outside of the jungle is trying to do too much about something outside the theme.

But also, this pack does have long term gameplay. Every time you visit the tomb, it’s different. This is for players who actually enjoy tomb raiding and holidays.

It’s not for people who want more advantages for everyday gameplay which is what it sounds like you’re after.

Which may not mean the pack is one that’s for you, if Sim based packs is what you’re after :#
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    Have you all taken the quiz yet? I'm an Academic Adventurer (no surprise there, I actually used to be an archaeologist).

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/quizzes/what-kind-of-adventurer-are-you

2lkXy66.png

Oh....

:(
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @SimGuruNinja can you talk about why there is no new career? It would have been so perfect to get an archeology career with this pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Skills plural? ;)

Uh oh, did I say skills plural?
    I did! Oh good.
    The answer is yes.

Seriously, this might be the best pack yet. Can the GP team just make all the packs? :love:

Right?? I was very excited for Vampires, which exceeded everything I dreamed, but as a person who's been to the Amazon, swam with piranha, and has my real life place decorated like something out of Indiana Jones, it's safe to say I can't WAIT for this pack! I have nothing but confidence in the Game Pack team, which makes me even more excited! For the first time ever, I may even make a museum. And a Lost Temple of Cats. :D
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Soooo how many deadly things are in this pack, I wonder? Are there other dangerous bugs beyond bees and spiders? How many different deadly traps? And what about the artifacts? Do any of them have mystical properties, like the rumored cursed items? What kind of curses are there? Are there deadly fish, like piranha?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    This will be a longgg two weeks! *sigh*
  • Options
    LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I clearly saw Traps in the Trailer. If I can place them down in my own lots, that opens up a lot of interesting possibilities.
    And if we can build our own temples and tombs to share in the gallery for others to solve and explore, this Pack has already solved the biggest Problem World Adventures had.
    @SimGuruNinja do you have anything you can say about that? Can we create tombs and temples to share in the gallery for others to solve? Or are we stuck with the ones that are in there by default? Can we place Traps in Build/Buy outside of the tombs?

I too would like to know the answer to these questions, i would really love to be able to put trap in a house or be able to make my own temple.

To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • Options
    TheWorstSimmerTheWorstSimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh my god that would go so well in the summer...... Ohhhhhh! I forgot, like EA/Maxis did with seasons!!
  • Options
    @SimGuruNinja Hey, when our sims visit this new place do they have places they can rent to spend their vacation or is there like some hotel or does it function about like outdoor retreat with renting cabins and what not? Or would they be camping out in the jungle?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    Have you all taken the quiz yet? I'm an Academic Adventurer (no surprise there, I actually used to be an archaeologist).

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/quizzes/what-kind-of-adventurer-are-you

2lkXy66.png

Oh....

:(

Does that mean that Sims can now drink from the river and might get ill and die?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja Hey, when our sims visit this new place do they have places they can rent to spend their vacation or is there like some hotel or does it function about like outdoor retreat with renting cabins and what not? Or would they be camping out in the jungle?

At 0:03 in the trailer there is a large building on a cliff, to the left. It looks like it could be a hotel. I haven't heard any confirmation, though.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It actually looks pretty cool... I'm not mad at it.
    The skeleton doesn't look at all goofy or whimsy... may actually oppose as a threat... at least at first.

Still Hoping there's a way to build dungeons outside of this Jungle World. and maybe Variations of a Skeleton entity, I see them holding a spear and that they look like objects like a cowplant most likely. Would be cool if one was holding a sword, or shield or other weapons... because I would want to build Dungeons or tombs in Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow, or even Granite Falls.

Death by boobytraps tho! <3
    and possibly death by Skeleton Curse.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    I'm also curious of that seemingly 'safe' bridge could wobble or break at any moment with sims blissfully walking across it. o:)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Soooo how many deadly things are in this pack, I wonder? Are there other dangerous bugs beyond bees and spiders? How many different deadly traps? And what about the artifacts? Do any of them have mystical properties, like the rumored cursed items? What kind of curses are there? Are there deadly fish, like piranha?

I'm guessing yes on the piranha! Although we already have piranha in the game, the one mounted on the wall in the trailer looks more like a real piranha, which makes me think they're something different and may possibly be more dangerous. Whee!

• Options
    edited February 2018

At 0:03 in the trailer there is a large building on a cliff, to the left. It looks like it could be a hotel. I haven't heard any confirmation, though.
    Oh, I see it that building on the cliff? I hope it is~ Wonder if there's also an option for sims to just be camping out in the jungle and the steps of the temple as well?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    Wondering if any new improvements will be made to vacationing in general.

I wish they'd give us a vacation planner like on TS2 where we could schedule vacations in advance and choose the place to more accurately simulate holiday travelling instead of the click and go system we have now. It would also allow us to get better deals, since the more in advance we plan the less we pay like on Bon Voyage.

It would also be fun if there were weekly travelling discounts so that we don't pay full price for going on vacation on random weeks or get travelling coupons through the computer.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Did I detect a new crystal in the trailer?

Also it would be interesting to see a world map, ie, how many lots and their sizes, though I suspect that'll wait until the live stream.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    MoonlitShadowXoxoMoonlitShadowXoxo Posts: 57 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I'm very excited about this new pack. I've actually been using Outdoor Retreat lately and enjoying it for my sims - it's a refreshing getaway; but only in moderate doses. This new destination looks exactly like what my sims need! Two weeks... sigh!!

Agreed. It looks great. Hate to wait though.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Haha, I did take the Adventurer Quiz, and like many others:

I am Dead.

So yeah, EA got me on this one. I will definitely buy this. I am going to find a Sim I don't like (Hello Vlad!) and test this out. I've seen the way Vlad reacts to Aliens that mimic and tease him about his creepiness. I can't wait to see how he reacts to skeletons, traps, cursed artifacts, deadly bees and poisonous spiders! Sorry to see you go Vlad, but not really.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Haha, I did take the Adventurer Quiz, and like many others:

I am Dead.

So yeah, EA got me on this one. I will definitely buy this. I am going to find a Sim I don't like (Hello Vlad!) and test this out. I've seen the way Vlad reacts to Aliens that mimic and tease him about his creepiness. I can't wait to see how he reacts to skeletons, traps, cursed artifacts, deadly bees and poisonous spiders! Sorry to see you go Vlad, but not really.

Nooooooooo Vlad!

Haha, I actually plan to put a vampire or two into the mix of doomed adventurers who are destined for some temple exploration when the pack comes out. But I think I'm going to throw an Alien in with them as well to see who survives. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Can we create tombs and temples to share in the gallery for others to solve?
    Or are we stuck with the ones that are in there by default?
    Can we place Traps in Build/Buy outside of the tombs?

The Temple is an uneditable venue type.
    You can place all the traps at home and build some pretty amazing things with all the new BB offerings, albeit with different functionality than at the Temple itself.
  • Options
    @SimGuruNinja Can you get Montezuma's Revenge from drinking bad water? Diseases from Simsquitos? Is cuy on the menu? ha, I'm guessing the answer is no to all three, but I had to ask. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top