Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    "a dance that does nothing but look different"... HEAD DESK!!!

Well what else does it do?

You'll buy the pack, learn the dance, and enjoy watching the Sim perform the dance for about 5 minutes.
    After that, we come to the realization it does absolutely nothing special (much like any of the new food dishes they've insisted on introducing since Dine Out) and we'll be bored with it.

That's what I'm saying: there's a difference between a 5-minute attraction and a long-term gameplay mechanic. A dance is not a gameplay mechanic.

Most of the game play mechanics themselves are only entertaining for a day or two before you're repeating pixellated nonsense. What adds to the whole is far more important than the individual thing. If you analyze any one of them for more than a minute youll realise you shelled out money for a pixellated object you could have saved up for in real life
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited February 2018
    Have you all taken the quiz yet? I'm an Academic Adventurer (no surprise there, I actually used to be an archaeologist).

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/quizzes/what-kind-of-adventurer-are-you
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

You'll buy the pack, learn the dance, and enjoy watching the Sim perform the dance for about 5 minutes.
    After that, we come to the realization it does absolutely nothing special (much like any of the new food dishes they've insisted on introducing since Dine Out) and we'll be bored with it.

That's what I'm saying: there's a difference between a 5-minute attraction and a long-term gameplay mechanic. A dance is not a gameplay mechanic.

But... but... that's the point. What else do you want a dance to do? Grow ostriches? No offense meant, it just struck me funny somehow.

But in the end, he does have a point in this: It is still just a dance, and once you've learned it...then what? The real test here to make the game pack a real success is what's in the rewards. I may be super excited now for the pack, but if it turns out to be less than what we were expecting, than start expecting the complaints rolling in after it's released. However, I'm in the hopes that it won't be seeing as the GP dev team has been on a roll with their two previous game packs.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    Have you all taken the quiz yet? I'm an Academic Adventurer (no surprise there, I actually used to be an archaeologist).

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/quizzes/what-kind-of-adventurer-are-you

I got Dead :pensive:
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

But... but... that's the point. What else do you want a dance to do? Grow ostriches? No offense meant, it just struck me funny somehow.

But in the end, he does have a point in this: It is still just a dance, and once you've learned it...then what? The real test here to make the game pack a real success is what's in the rewards. I may be super excited now for the pack, but if it turns out to be less than what we were expecting, than start expecting the complaints rolling in after it's released. However, I'm in the hopes that it won't be seeing as the GP dev team has been on a roll with their two previous game packs.

What you expect and what someone else expects aren't the same thing. Everything isn't for everybody and many people already complain so a new game pack isn't going to change anything. I would have been very surprised for the Sims team to create a cultural destination and not include a cultural dance. People would have been complaining that that's an oversight. People can't have it every way and still complain. They put in a cultural dance, people complain. I mean come on. When does it become illogical and complaining to complain
  • MoonlitShadowXoxoMoonlitShadowXoxo Posts: 57 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    This pack seems very versitile, it seems they added something for a bunch of different gameplay styles.

Agreed. I'm def excited.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    The male Sim is pouring a bottle of bubbles over his head, like a "bath in a bottle".
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The male Sim is pouring a bottle of bubbles over his head, like a "bath in a bottle".

A new way to take a shower maybe.
    Lu4ERme.gif

K but any pack could be looked at that way. People act like Vampires is super playable even though they get boring as quickly as anything else. Its just a new way to eat without requiring a kitchen. Sims dont even react to them differently from any other sim. And quite a few of the abilities are things you can get for regular sims at the reward store. And even their immortality, my sims who require a cow plant for essence are more devious than the vampires in this way. Like woo, breaking in to a house to drink their blood. Then what?
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Well I loved what all I saw. No complaints here other than waiting the two weeks - and that's totally on me - my impatience that is.

Looks great and I for one look forward to experiencing the gp, adventuring, new dances, the culture, and new foods. Look forward to the whole package and utilizing everything into my game. In my case the game does not have to play for me - it fuels my imagination with new things and ways to play with all it offers. It is a life simulation after all and is what the player makes it become. It's the Sims - not Tomb Raider - and yeah - I love where I can take my game with this new fun looking adventure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2018
    I unfortunately got sold with this pack with the new saucy dancing.I hope there is a New radio station for some salsa music.

curious if it functions as a vacation spot and you can rent certain spots Or rent a room the latter would be nice. I was indefinitely expecting more collectibles, but might be more incentive to be an archeologist. Surprised children got clothing in this pack. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CreeperCassCreeperCass Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a question!! Does anyone know if the Feb 27th release date applies to console players as well? Thanks :)

Sort of like the Shower in a Can from TS3 to keep their hygiene up while exploring.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I have a question!! Does anyone know if the Feb 27th release date applies to console players as well? Thanks :)

It says PC/Mac in the blog post and doesn't say Console, so probably not. Seems like they're still catching up.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm more into family play so I can't really see ANYTHING for me there. I'll probably wait for a sale.

I don't know for sure, but probably not or it would have been included in the announcement. They only said it would be available February 27 for PC and Mac. I'm sure it'll come sometime later, but probably not February 27.
    Will there be new harvestables too? I hope there will be :) New fishables or collectable insects would be amazing too. Like can we collect the killer bees?
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Sort of like the Shower in a Can from TS3 to keep their hygiene up while exploring.

Certainly.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm excited for the Gurus Live stream..After that I can know whether to get excited for the game.. But I'm loving the trailer so far.

Took the quiz....I'm one with the Locals (or sth like that ) maybe it's somewhat true cause.. I just like to relax and have fun when I travel.. I could care less about checking out an ancient tomb lol but I'm sure my Sims wouldn't be like me.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I am so excited! I'm already thinking of ways that I can implement this into one of my challenges; and now this video helps a lot. So, I've decided that my Sim will be able to venture out to Selvadorada once every 24 hours, or so and try to find the tomb (because I saw that there was two paths that your Sims could take. I hope .. this is generated and changes each time.. so it's "random" and you can't always get to the tomb. And then she'll have a chance to 'hunt' for those treasures inside the tomb; and if she ever finds any, she'll be able to study it and what not and sell them for money.. hopefully some... won't be fakes, but... shhh.. they don't need to know. ;x We gotta make our monies somehow!

Cannot wait!! :D
    I hope a modder will unlock some of the new jungle foilage and make it available as cc. I believe @Bakie has done that with other packs and I would love to have it available from this one. :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/jungle-game-pack-announce
    Looking to explore something new? Exotic, even? Well look no further, because we're excited to announce that The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure* is launching February 27 on PC and Mac! In The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure, you can take your Sims on a mysterious escapade, discover an unknown culture, and travel to a unique wilderness landscape. There's so much to explore - here's a sneak peek of some of the fun your Sims will have!

TS4_GP06_OFFICIAL_02_003_1080.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

In this pack, Sims will travel to a faraway land called Selvadorada. They can explore the jungle, leaving no stone (or hidden pool!) unturned, discover ancient relics, and much more. To uncover extra fun, your Sims will stumble upon a hidden temple, where they can venture inside mysterious rooms. Great treasures or perilous doom await at every turn. Watch out for that trap!

Not into crazy adventures but still want to spice things up? Your Sims can try traditional foods, tear up the dance floor with fresh music, and adorn themselves with colorful local fashion. They can also excavate and examine precious objects to keep for themselves and show off at home. Will they unearth something ancient, beautiful, or even mystical? Perhaps all three, but watch out for pesky fakes worth nothing at all!

Now, we know all this probably sounds super entertaining, but no adventure goes without risks, right? Keep in mind that while on their excursions, your Sims will have to be careful of bees, poisonous spiders, and other deadly creatures. Plus, watch out for dangerous natural elements. Don't say we didn't warn you!

Ready to gear up for this all-new experience? We can't wait to see your discoveries in The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure when it releases worldwide on PC and Mac on February 27, 2018. If you haven't already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Twitch, Like us on Facebook, and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.

*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play. See minimum system requirements for this pack.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/jungle-game-pack-announce

Look at the Bird of Paradise in this picture!

I'm so psyched for this pack. I'm now working on an adventuring party made up of character tropes like, "the sketchy treasure hunter", "the ambitious archaeologist", "the exotic native", "the inappropriate benefactor", "the curious scientist" and "the hired muscle". I can't say I have high hopes for their survival, as I took the Adventurer quiz and got, "I am Dead , hahaha.

Ah, good times ahead. >:)
    #Team Occult
    Don't know if anyone has posted this above - sorry if I missed it. For those wanting to take kids and toddlers to the jungle, this tweet from SimGuruNinja confirms it is possible:

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am beyond excited about this. I loved World Adventure, but it was so buggy and it took 10 minutes to load on my pc back then, so I can't wait for this. It is exactly what I was asking for: an element of danger to the sims 4. In my opinion a danger element was/is missing from this game so much and I hope exploring it won't end with just this pack. In sims 2 death could come any time and I really miss that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top