Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am also wondering, if there will be a new career/skill/aspiration. I really do hope so!
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Aine wrote: »
    I like the look of it, and that you can finally explore a destination together with other sims, but I'm really disappointed we aren't getting a new career. This would have been perfect to add an archeology career. :(

Nothing has been confirmed yet of a new career though. Most likely there isn't one..?

Probably no career. Selling artifacts or new craftables from new harvestables are probably it.
    I don't quantify that as 'new' though. I want an actual new career. Archeology would have been perfect and so nice to have.

Im waiting for a ticket booth object like the TS3 store had so i can open a proper museum :) archeology would be aaaamazing for such a thing. My evil sims can charge people to view the fake artifacts bahaha
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm very excited about this new pack. I've actually been using Outdoor Retreat lately and enjoying it for my sims - it's a refreshing getaway; but only in moderate doses. This new destination looks exactly like what my sims need! Two weeks... sigh!!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    I like the look of it, and that you can finally explore a destination together with other sims, but I'm really disappointed we aren't getting a new career. This would have been perfect to add an archeology career. :(

Nothing has been confirmed yet of a new career though. Most likely there isn't one..?
    Yeah, I don't understand why we can't get more careers, it's not like they require alot of new coding. I'm really bummed out about this. :(

Well the good new is with GTW's retail you can make a black market sort of store and sell your piled goods from the temples.

The bad news is, I'm also getting tired of not having new careers on TS4, active or not.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Probably no career. Selling artifacts or new craftables from new harvestables are probably it.
    I don't quantify that as 'new' though. I want an actual new career. Archeology would have been perfect and so nice to have.

Im waiting for a ticket booth object like the TS3 store had so i can open a proper museum :) archeology would be aaaamazing for such a thing

TS2 also had that in Open for Business.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2018
    "a dance that does nothing but look different"... HEAD DESK!!!

Well what else does it do?

You'll buy the pack, learn the dance, and enjoy watching the Sim perform the dance for about 5 minutes.
    After that, we come to the realization it does absolutely nothing special (much like any of the new food dishes they've insisted on introducing since Dine Out) and we'll be bored with it.

That's what I'm saying: there's a difference between a 5-minute attraction and a long-term gameplay mechanic. A dance is not a gameplay mechanic.

But... but... that's the point. What else do you want a dance to do? Grow ostriches? No offense meant, it just struck me funny somehow.

Perhaps it could be a ritual dance that upon performing such a show you'll get an insta seduction of the chosen gender target audience that are watching the show? Or could attract random stray pets and provide a large relationship bonus with those animals that came into the dancer's vicinity sort of like in a Disney movie? I don't know, but personally I think that's what would add in for something that game lacks of long-term benefit which isn't something you can obtain through other pre-existing content means.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    Anyone in love with the bubble guy?

https://youtu.be/7Y29dx3iTs8
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I wonder if there will be any toddler-specific activities in the new world? Also, will traveling there use the same system as Outdoor Retreat? Do sims rent homes or do they visit a lodge/base camp? Will teens/children/toddlers be banned from entering temples? @SimGuruNinja
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Angel_Zarr wrote: »

Maybe.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited February 2018
    Don't know if anyone has posted this above - sorry if I missed it. For those wanting to take kids and toddlers to the jungle, this tweet from SimGuruNinja confirms it is possible:

So we can take our toddlers into the highly dangerous and presumably deadly jungle? I think that's called, 'bad parenting'.

I completely agree. Can't wait to try it! >:)
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone has posted this above - sorry if I missed it. For those wanting to take kids and toddlers to the jungle, this tweet from SimGuruNinja confirms it is possible:

So we can take our toddlers into the highly dangerous and presumably deadly jungle? I think that's called, 'bad parenting'.

And this is how the Legend of Tarsim began...
  • Options
    Angel_Zarr wrote: »

I was actually thinking about the same thing.

If only there was body hair on this game....oh the shirtless possibilities...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2018

Toddlers can't die though, so they're safe - they're danger inoculated LOL :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options

Toddlers can't die though, so they're safe LOL :D

Their parents, not so much...
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    As I have a Job and a Family IRL, I can't Play Videogames as much as I'd like to, and I don't play just Sims. Therefore I can't keep up with all the Content that is added in with each Pack. Not having anything to do until it comes out is not an Issue for me.

I clearly saw Traps in the Trailer. If I can place them down in my own lots, that opens up a lot of interesting possibilities.
    And if we can build our own temples and tombs to share in the gallery for others to solve and explore, this Pack has already solved the biggest Problem World Adventures had.
    @SimGuruNinja do you have anything you can say about that? Can we create tombs and temples to share in the gallery for others to solve? Or are we stuck with the ones that are in there by default? Can we place Traps in Build/Buy outside of the tombs?

I like how the Skeletons look. I think the blueish one made out of stone might be a reference to crystal skulls. Either the real ones or the ones from that Indiana Jones Movie. I also like the moving Totem.
    I can't help but feel like this Pack is going to help me build some truly magical Place.

In my Opinion, every Gamepack added something in Terms of "Long-Term Gameplay" @DeservedCriticism Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about EP's and SP's. Most of the things added with City Living sounded exciting in the trailer, but I find them rather annoying.
    It is only a Question of Degree, and that depends on personal playstyle and taste, and that varies from Player to Player.
    I, for Example, still enjoy having my Sims floating while meditating and teleporting around using the same Skill or sleeping in the outdoors using a tent, but I have yet to build a Sim I can imagine being a Shopkeeper or a Restaurant owner. Others love that, I am sure.
    As I love Supernatural Stuff in the Sims, my Vampire Household is still one of if not the most important Save I currently have.
    Others hate the Supernatural and use the Vampire GP only for the Furniture and find anything else that was added in annoying.

As a Rule of thumb: if a Pack is announced it has to offer something a Modder could not have achieved, or only as a very large and advanced Mod. If it doesn't, it's not worth buying.
    And as of late, the mods for this game are increasing in Quality, as it seems.
    The Patch for Jungle Adventure will break several Mods, but it will make more stuff available for the modders to tinker with.
  • Options
    I am also wondering, if there will be a new career/skill/aspiration. I really do hope so!

Yes to new skills. Yes to new aspirations.

Skills plural? ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Just a quick info. The traps, loot and layouts will change every sim day or so. Which is awesome! Source: https://simsvip.com/2018/02/13/sims-4-jungle-adventure-twitter-bits-gurus/

*Drops dead from poisoned dart of happiness*

Oh. My. God. Yay!!!!!!
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Still waiting for evidence of rewards that aren't money or material objects, personally.

Looks like we can take a living skeleton home with us.

I’m not really sure what you’re after. I’m sure all the skills we can only learn in the jungle make for some reward for that Sim? Also learning the cultural dances?

We probably get a reward trait for completeinh the aspiration as well.

Unless we head into the supernatural realm there isn’t really any rewards I can think of that make sense for tomb raiding.

A skeleton that is functionally identical to a maid, a dance that does nothing but look different and a skill that only has meaning within it's own bubble (a game pack vacation world you have no motivation to revisit once complete whilst the skill probably levels naturally with exploring) do not make for long-term gameplay. The skeleton and dance fail to introduce any new game mechanics to a Sim's everyday life, and the skill would likewise fail unless it has improvements that effect something other than the pack world/content directly.

I've given several examples before of what I mean. As I've said multiple times: Vampires and Parenthood are the best received packs thusfar. The common link between Vampires and Parenthood are that both reward Sims with new traits that alter what they can do, how they act around others and what they're capable of. A vampire can become "immune" to emotions, a responsible child climbs the career ladder exceptionally faster, a vampire can instantly seduce those around them and a well-mannered child sees huge boosts to how quickly they build relationships.

Those exact same kinds of bonuses need to be present here or I suspect reception for the pack would once again be mixed. Whether the reward be another fountain of youth, an artifact that can be traded to an employer for an instant promotion, or the ability to throw nests of deadly bees at other Sims to kill them, the point is our Sims need a long-term benefit that changes the way they can interact with the world.

Maybe this pack has that, maybe it doesn't, but so far they haven't shown such a thing.

Does every single pack need to focus on the development of the sims character? Why can't some packs just focus on the gameplay aspect? You're always saying "the gameplay will get old and repetative," but that's pretty much the same for amost every single pack released in the entire Sims history, yet players still enjoy the game when they come back around to playing with these features. I mean why do you think people still enjoy The Sims 2 so much? The game and all its packs have been out for quite some time, and at this point, by your logic, you'd expect for players to be bored with the gameplay it offers but clearly they're not. Why? Because the novelty of the gameplay will always be there. I'm pretty sure the same can be said here. It's something that once released players will play with, and eventually get bored of it, not play with it for a while, but once revisited it will be refreshing and enjoyable, because the novelty is still there. Then again each player is different, and some may enjoy this pack for months on end, while others may play with it once or twice and never look at it again.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Skills plural? ;)

Uh oh, did I say skills plural?
    I did! Oh good.
    The answer is yes.

Seriously, this might be the best pack yet. Can the GP team just make all the packs? :love:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes to new skills. Yes to new aspirations.

Skills plural? ;)

And traits? ^^ (though new skills & aspirations - plural - already sounds pretty good)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top