Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite creative thing to do in Sims 3?

cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
Many of us like many creative aspects of Sims 3 so it will be hard to pick just one favorite. So in your response include those others also.

I started this poll as "what is your favorite thing to do in sims 3?" but the response list grew so I am split it apart into "creative things" and "play styles".

What is your favorite creative thing to do in Sims 3? 119 votes

Build lots, landscape them and decorate them and/or enter building contests.
31%
IdontrcallJaline33suzsesJessa_DakkararicaraiParyJessabeansSillyhartluvcwaddellGabbyGirlJdothesmustlestarguruAnthonydyerxMultiLoveClassicalSimIreneSwift1need4kaffeeBettyboop5560smusicluvrFireDash15 37 votes
Create sims and/or enter modeling competitions.
10%
Emily4331blacksheba1973Rukola_Schaafdreamerz13Mikezumiellabrodey9kjkjkj123KelvincocoKNORearTinySpaceFoxThriorBishybri 13 votes
Create patterns using CAP.
0%
Create worlds using CAW.
1%
Rflong7king_of_simcity7 2 votes
Makeover EA sims.
12%
thundrwilowrosezagboorulesSimplyJenhelleenlinajjames041Achoo89Tempurrancepandabear1836jordandBreazonatretheraMadIrisplumbob3458princess_kaguyashooflyfortyone 15 votes
Makeover towns.
6%
ApparentlyAwesomeScorpina2009SPARKY1922BlackSanddogdancerSjappielovePaulGoulsquashSultanCanAli 8 votes
Write stories.
21%
GraceyManorWritin_RegPeachesnDucksOminousFlareemorrillJoAnne65jillbgfunkeeferretZeldaboy180ElijahsBabyGurl9winterbaby20bekkasanilikethesims30Sapphire268M13VulpeculaUnseenHorizonsof2106Simtown15Charlottesmombooknovice 26 votes
Other.
15%
Kamb64LaBlue0314jaletu2005despina53PuddinroyMagdaleenaKiwi727GITTE2001TadOlsonTreyNutzstepbot153ZeeGeeMacaire13Kay8OrangeHuiiie_07gerefteastpuzzlezaddictCovertt 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I like to do several creative things in Sims 3 but building is my favorite. I also like to create sims and makeover towns. One day I plan to take the time to learn CAW. :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Create worlds using CAW.
    Create a World was and still is a great tool as you can combine that was building as well. It is the closest that we have ever had to having Sim City in The Sims although you could make TS2 neighbourhoods with SC4 it was not as in depth. I hope that in the future CAW could again be included in The Sims as the CAW community was busy back in the day and I have never seen so much hype since!

You could even say that The Sims was at it's peak around that time
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Other.
    I chose other because I just couldn't choose between two options: creating sims and building houses/landscaping gardens for them. And I want to makeover a town (probably Twinbrook or Sunset Valley) soon.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Other.
    I like to think up creative challenge ideas. Sometimes the challenges I come up with are original, sometimes they are mashups of existing challenges. Sometimes I play my challenge ideas and sometimes I don't (usually because they concept is too long).
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    1. Build lots, landscape them and decorate them and/or enter building contests. - just because I love "real estate development" I come from a background (career) of real estate sales so that's one of my favorite things to do. See how big of a property that I can develop and turn it into a million simoleon plus property. Of course, unlike real life, depreciation comes into the picture with regards to outside improvements such as trees and other exterior objects which don't usually depreciate in real life. I don't tend to build for contests because I just can't follow rules. I build just for myself.

2. Write Stories - As you can see, one of my favorite things to do is creative writing and I seem to have several sims stories on the go.

3. Create Custom Content: Clothes for the Sims mainly military stuff.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options

3. Create Custom Content: Clothes for the Sims mainly military stuff.
    Now I wish I had thought to include that as one of the choices. :)
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Write stories.
    Stories....My all time favorite thing. I also love building and CAP though.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Makeover towns.
    I picked Makeover Towns ... Which heavily relies on the first two choices also.
    Well ... At least the building/landscaping and creating Sims parts ... Contests are optional.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Makeover towns.
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I like to think up creative challenge ideas. Sometimes the challenges I come up with are original, sometimes they are mashups of existing challenges. Sometimes I play my challenge ideas and sometimes I don't (usually because they concept is too long).

My gameplay is kind of like yours @TreyNutz ... All the active Sims I play are in some sort of challenge.
    They are either existing challenge mash-ups or something I just create as a challenge for a particular Sim.

Most of the challenges I create are not too structured outside of starting ideas.
    I make rigid starting requirements ... Then "go with the flow" in respects to the Sim(s) in the challenge.

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    This is the hardest poll ever,I do them all equally.Cannot answer but will hit awesome because you know a poll is good when you can't answer.

<3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Makeover towns.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I like to do several creative things in Sims 3 but building is my favorite. I also like to create sims and makeover towns. One day I plan to take the time to learn CAW. :)

@cwaddell ... I thought about taking the time to develop better CAW skills.

In the long run ... Most of the EA worlds are decent ... Once you clean out all the EA stuff (buildings and sims) in them.
    I mean I will take an existing world, bulldoze every lot and build it back the way I like it.

As much time as that takes ... I am afraid CAW would eat too much into my gaming time.

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Write stories.

I like telling stories and in the process of doing that I create sims, build or renovate EA stuff including makeovers to EA sims that are in the town I am playing in.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    This is actually the easiest poll yet for me. I'm hopelessly addicted to CAS. Bad day, make a sim. Tired but can't sleep, make a sim. Not feeling well, make a sim. Bored, make a sim. Got one piece of new CC to try out, make a sim.

I enjoy many of the creative aspects of course but there is no doubt CAS is my favourite.

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I like to create sims, although I do also makeover EA premades.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I love making new simmies <3 I honestly can't build so I spend most of my time refurnishing premade houses for my sims >.>
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Build. I never got that much into actually playing the game. I've always end up abandoning a game to go and build something else...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Other.
    Other - make machinima!
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    This one is tricky. I had to go with creating sims because I can spend hours in CAS, I don't enter competitions but I like modelling them too. I also enjoy writing (when I can find the time) and building.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks to UL, my game allows for up to 7 traits per Sim, so I see a lot of creative potential within. I sort of treat my Sims like OCs (original characters). When I create Sims, in addition to trying to make them look unique, I try and make them full-fledged characters, with their own strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes.

I even try and expand upon some of my Sims’ traits. For example, my current Sim has the Perfectionist trait, and because of that, he can spend his weekend tucked away in his study, meticulously working on a painting. Well, I make him do it. You kinda get what I mean.

Maybe I’ll try writing stories one day, but they’d probably be short stories that fit into one play session. For the next few years, I’m gonna be away from home (and my game) for much of the year, studying in an overseas university. And that’s not exactly good for writing those amazing multi-chapter stories that I see on the forums.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Mostly this. I do like to makeover towns a lot, too, though.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Other.
    I love doing a little of everything though I love setting up towns and making new worlds in CAW a little more than some of those things.I've been currently building city hall in Logan which was released from CAW not too long ago and was testing for stablility and will get live mode testing soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Write stories.
    I love writing, so that's my favorite thing to do, Sims-wise. I also just love playing the game and sharing my Sims' adventures with you people.
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Create a variety of sims that I’ll most likely never play with.
    I’ll sometimes upload them to the sims exchange if I’m feeling very confident about my work (yes, I still use that website).
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I love building houses. The building tools in TS3 have a lot to offer. You can almost make any house you want because it is so customizable. I should share some of my houses on this forum as they are beautiful. Can anyone recommend a photo sharing website? I used to to photobucket, but they did that third party sharing garbage back in july. Does google have a photo sharing platform?

I find TS4 to be "pretty", but the houses are very prefabricated and something that would take 3 seconds in TS3 would take up to a minute and a lot of effort in TS4. I'm having difficulty with vaulted ceilings.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Write stories.
    Since this is such a mean choice you threw in there, I'm going to adress them all (and will bold the one I chose) :p
    • Build lots, landscape them and decorate them and/or enter building contests. || This one comes second, I love to build and decorate in the game. But only to use what I built, I don't build to build.
    • Create sims and/or enter modeling competitions. || Creating sims doesn't give me as much pleasure as building, but I do take a lot of time in CAS because the looks of my sims is very important to me. I'd have more fun if I had more possibilities (mainly feature wise). I'm totally indifferent where it comes to modeling competitions, because I hardly ever see real sims in there (sorry). CC covered sims in poses that are not the game's are just not my cup of tea.
    • Create patterns using CAP. || I never did that. I'd like to but only in service of my game and having more choice.
    • Create worlds using CAW. || Never tried that and I doubt I'd have the patience.
    • Makeover EA sims. || I do that quite often now that I have NRaas MC, but not because I like doing it. I just want them to look better.
    • Makeover towns. || Too impatient. I wanna play ;)
    • Write stories. || That one's my choice. I've done that for seven years now and it's lifted my Sims 3 game experience to a higher level than it was before. Love doing it, with or without readers (I started doing it for an audience which was fun, then I continued writing for myself and it's equally fun in a different way).
    • Other. || Trying to take screenshots for my stories in original and attractive ways. In fact I think that one shares the second place with building and decorating.
    5JZ57S6.png