Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs crash my game!

Comments

• Options
    Zuly_JrZuly_Jr Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello @rosemow I'm having the same problem as most people here. If it's not too much can you check my dxdiag too?

h.ttps://pastebin.com/fCqR0ABt

Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2017
    Zuly_Jr wrote: »
    Hello @rosemow I'm having the same problem as most people here. If it's not too much can you check my dxdiag too?

https://pastebin.com/fCqR0ABt

Thank you in advance!

Hello @Zuly_Jr
    I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and pack . This is causing the issues . Your processor is weaker than what is required to run the game and pack .Cats and Dogs ep requires 64 bit mode, and that mode requires over 4gb memory . Your computer has less than 4gb for the computer to use, which is why you are having issues.
    You have an integrated processor video card. It uses the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer.
    I am so sorry :(

If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

It would be also good to go to the Dell site, search for your computer model, and update your drivers,

If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    HSamsHSams Posts: 2 New Member
    Since my laptop is doing the exact same thing when I try to create my own dog irl, is there any way you can ask people to create for you if they are able to? Getting quite frustrated, and even tried doing one thing at a time then saving but even that doesn't work :( would anyone be willing to help me out? It would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    HSams wrote: »
    Since my laptop is doing the exact same thing when I try to create my own dog irl, is there any way you can ask people to create for you if they are able to? Getting quite frustrated, and even tried doing one thing at a time then saving but even that doesn't work :( would anyone be willing to help me out? It would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @HSams
    I am sorry that you are having crashing issues :(
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link of your DXDiag info though when you post it in this thread by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
  • Options
    Simly05Simly05 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @BellaChristie said:
    > [quote="Cmaxxn;d-929163"]Okay, so I am very happy to finally have cats and dogs in the game, but unfortunately I haven't been able to play with dogs yet, since my game keeps crashing.
    > I have, and use, a lot of CC. My initial thought was that some mod or some CC was the reason for my game crashing everytime I went to create a dog. The weirdest thing is that I can create cats without any sort of problem, but as soon as I open Dogs, my game crashes. So, I disabled all mods and CC and was FINALLY able to enter create a dog without the game crashing.
    >
    > Now, I have spent all afternoon trying to filter through my CC. I have uninstalled every single script mod and CC and slowly started putting like 5 CC articles a time back into the game, and as fast as ANY CC is active, dogs proceed to crash. I don't know what to do! Playing The Sims without CC is not an option for me as I adore every single item that I have collected throughout my time playing Sims.
    >
    > As my computer is able to handle cats and dogs, I do not think that there is any software problems. What should I do? Do I just have to wait until the next patch and hope for EA to fix this issue or do I do something else?
    > Please help! :)
    >
    > //Frustrated simmer who just wants to create a dog and play with Sims with cute clothes [/quote]
    >
    > I have the same issue, I'm looking into upgrading my laptop. For now I'm adopting strays. The game is only crashing when I try and work with a dog in CAS, playing them is ok.

It is happening to a lot of people. you can make puppies in cas and age them up
  • Options
    Girl123Girl123 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I find I'm having the same issue as most people, when I create a dog my game crashes and I get a notification saying 'Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware'. I see you commonly as for everyone's DxDiag information. so I've done that already, however I'm not sure how to paste it in here or if I have to go through pastebin, and if I do need to go through pastebin do I copy all the information into there? I would really appreciate some help as I'm not good with laptops. thanks in advance
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Girl123 wrote: »
    Hi, I find I'm having the same issue as most people, when I create a dog my game crashes and I get a notification saying 'Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware'. I see you commonly as for everyone's DxDiag information. so I've done that already, however I'm not sure how to paste it in here or if I have to go through pastebin, and if I do need to go through pastebin do I copy all the information into there? I would really appreciate some help as I'm not good with laptops. thanks in advance

Hello @Girl123
    After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site
    https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste all the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post the web address of your dxdiag info here in this thread, by replacing the http in the address with h.t.t.p, as you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

If you have issues, you can instead copy/paste the information to posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow I followed what you suggested, I hope its correct if not i'll try again. Thank you

h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/DSMZSY8F
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi @rosemow I followed what you suggested, I hope its correct if not i'll try again. Thank you

https://pastebin.com/DSMZSY8F

Unfortunately this laptop is way below requirements to run the game. Do you have another computer to play on that meets requirements? if not i suggest investing in a computer that meets recommended requirements so you don't fall behind being able to add more to this game. Sorry for the bad news.

If your interested in purchasing a new computer that meets requirements to play this game someone can help you in the Tech section.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    edited January 2018

https://pastebin.com/DSMZSY8F

Hello @Girl123
    I am so sorry but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game pack :(
    You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things are causing the crashing.
    I am so sorry :(

If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions

Edit : phoebebebe13 and I were posting at the same time :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    @rosemow I see we posted at the same time ;) Happy New Year
  • Options
    magicmermaid9magicmermaid9 Posts: 122 Member
    I have a laptop just for sims as I find it is the only way it can handle it.
    Whoops, just spent another day watching Dan and Phil
  • Options
    Baytown9308Baytown9308 Posts: 1 New Member
    Creating dogs are crashing (well freezing actually) my game, but last week they weren’t, so I know it’s not that my computer can’t handle the expansion pack.

I’m “repairing” the game in the origin client. If this doesn’t work are there any other ideas why there’s suddenly an issue with dog creation crashing my game?

(Before you ask, I never have any other programs or windows open or do other tasks on my laptop while I play sims 4; I like focusing on my game)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Creating dogs are crashing (well freezing actually) my game, but last week they weren’t, so I know it’s not that my computer can’t handle the expansion pack.

I’m “repairing” the game in the origin client. If this doesn’t work are there any other ideas why there’s suddenly an issue with dog creation crashing my game?

(Before you ask, I never have any other programs or windows open or do other tasks on my laptop while I play sims 4; I like focusing on my game)

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Try playing in windowed mode and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Hi, I have a very quick question. If my laptop has an integrated processor video card, which is participating in cats and dogs crashing, can it effect other packs as such, for example if I was to buy more packs for sims 4 would they also not work ( I'm not sure if this is allowed to be mentioned as I'm new, so I apologize if it isn't) - thank you in advance
  • Options
    Hi, I have a very quick question. If my laptop has an integrated processor video card, which is participating in cats and dogs crashing, can it effect other packs as such, for example if I was to buy more packs for sims 4 would they also not work ( I'm not sure if this is allowed to be mentioned as I'm new, so I apologize if it isn't) - thank you in advance

If C & D is crashing your computer and you have an integrated processor video card, your computer would not meet requirements to run the game. If your computer does not meet requirements to run the game would be hard to say what it would run. Integrated laptops are not designed to run 3d games like the sims. You could shorten the life span or ruin the laptop forcing it to play something it was not designed to play. The more you add to the game, the more demanding the game becomes to a computer. If you want to play this game the way it was intended to be played , invest in a computer that meets recommended requirements so you don't fall behind as the game adds more and more.
  • Options

Hello @Girl123
    I am so sorry but your computer specifications will also affect other packs that you may also buy. The processor is under the recommended requirements to run the game, I am so sorry :(
    As I posted in the earlier post, if you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications. Also, If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you,
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member

I am having issues with the game crashing and only when I visit the vet clinic, apart from that don't have any problems in the homes, building, playing etc, my pc as far as I am aware is good enough for sims 4, any help appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/QGaGbxdL
  • Options
    midge719 wrote: »

I am having issues with the game crashing and only when I visit the vet clinic, apart from that don't have any problems in the homes, building, playing etc, my pc as far as I am aware is good enough for sims 4, any help appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/QGaGbxdL

Hello @midge719
    Try lowering your in-game screen resolution and see if that helps. Try seeing if playing in windowed mode helps.
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    Thank you will give it a try, only had this problem since cats and dogs, also noticed the interactions are very slow to, here's hoping a patch fix lol.
  • Options
    midge719 wrote: »
    Thank you will give it a try, only had this problem since cats and dogs, also noticed the interactions are very slow to, here's hoping a patch fix lol.

I hope that it helps.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    beelleenn77beelleenn77 Posts: 21 New Member
    i'm having the same problem
    h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/M9PGKcsK
  • Options
    beelleenn77beelleenn77 Posts: 21 New Member
    h.t.t.p.s.://pastebin.com/M9PGKcsK